HF pieces in BIONICLE 2015

Boidoh

Which old HF pieces are returning? I'd like to order them in surplus. :P

I'd want to know which HF ones are being used in BIONICLE 2015...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It will get lost in the hype...

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

We have been fairly strict enforcing official topic rules in the past, but I can see this getting lost in the shuffle pretty quickly. Plus the answer is fairly straight-forward.

I'll let this go for now if someone wants to put together a list of pieces. I'm a little curious, myself.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I'm curious as to what this is asking. Are you talking about parts that are specifically Hero Factory, like the chestplates, Hero cores, helmets and tools? Or, just parts in general? If the latter, then, well, almost all of them. All the bone pieces and armor plates were introduced in HF and have been recolored time and time again with each new wave.

Seriously, what exactly is the question? It's not specific enough to actually give any other answer. Reiterate, please.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I would assume it's the CCBS structural pieces that are being asked about, rather than the HF-specific shields, armour and weapons.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Are you referring to older parts in returning colors? I'd think you might get more use out of older parts which aren't returning, but which match ones that are?

For older parts that are returning, basic shells and beams are always a safe bet. Most of the sets with gearboxes use torso beam 90626, since the narrower shoulder joints don't stick out far enough to interfere with the shoulders attached to the gearbox. The exception is Onua, who uses 90625, since it's needed to attach his large chest armor. All of the Protectors use 98590. Another important part is 98613 (which for some reason goes by 74261 on LDD). This "friction extender" is used on the larger Toa's hips and Tahu's feet, but also on Onua's arms—he needs the extra friction to hold his hammer weapon steady when rotating his arms with the gear function. 98577 is used to add armor to most of the Toa's lower backs, as well as both front AND back armor for many of the Protectors. 15976 is a must-have if you intend to build Protector-sized sets, but bear in mind that so far it only comes black now and the Protectors will introduce it in silver as well. Other than that, again, basic shells and beams.

A part that doesn't quite count as a Hero Factory part but is nonetheless very important is 10928, the newer 8-tooth gear. It's used to add friction to the gear functions on all but one of the Toa, by gearing the function to a friction pin (two, in Lewa's case). Another newer Technic part that's used heavily in the gear functions is 15462, used to connect the gear on the back of most sets as well as the shoulders of the larger Toa.

As for older parts which AREN'T returning, your priorities should probably be Hero Factory shells in Medium Lilac (Dark Purple on Bricklink), Bright Green, and Flame Yellowish Orange (Bright Light Orange on Bricklink). Those colors are used by Onua and Lewa, but both sets only use shells which are new in those colors, and both colors are relatively rare—meaning that if you want more variety, grabbing some of the old ones would be a good move. Previously, Green Lantern was the only other set to use Bright Green in constraction, so nabbing some of his parts would let you get better use out of the parts from Lewa. Meanwhile, The Joker was the set which made the most use out of Hero Factory shells in Medium Lilac—but Voltix also used some interesting ones. Flame Yellowish Orange parts in Hero Factory come from Jetbug, as well as a few of this year's Legends of Chima sets: specifically this one and this one.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Are you referring to older parts in returning colors? I'd think you might get more use out of older parts which aren't returning, but which match ones that are?

For older parts that are returning, basic shells and beams are always a safe bet. Most of the sets with gearboxes use torso beam 90626, since the narrower shoulder joints don't stick out far enough to interfere with the shoulders attached to the gearbox. The exception is Onua, who uses 90625, since it's needed to attach his large chest armor. All of the Protectors use 98590. Another important part is 98613 (which for some reason goes by 74261 on LDD). This "friction extender" is used on the larger Toa's hips and Tahu's feet, but also on Onua's arms—he needs the extra friction to hold his hammer weapon steady when rotating his arms with the gear function. 98577 is used to add armor to most of the Toa's lower backs, as well as both front AND back armor for many of the Protectors. 15976 is a must-have if you intend to build Protector-sized sets, but bear in mind that so far it only comes black now and the Protectors will introduce it in silver as well. Other than that, again, basic shells and beams.

A part that doesn't quite count as a Hero Factory part but is nonetheless very important is 10928, the newer 8-tooth gear. It's used to add friction to the gear functions on all but one of the Toa, by gearing the function to a friction pin (two, in Lewa's case). Another newer Technic part that's used heavily in the gear functions is 15462, used to connect the gear on the back of most sets as well as the shoulders of the larger Toa.

As for older parts which AREN'T returning, your priorities should probably be Hero Factory shells in Medium Lilac (Dark Purple on Bricklink), Bright Green, and Flame Yellowish Orange (Bright Light Orange on Bricklink). Those colors are used by Onua and Lewa, but both sets only use shells which are new in those colors, and both colors are relatively rare—meaning that if you want more variety, grabbing some of the old ones would be a good move. Previously, Green Lantern was the only other set to use Bright Green in constraction, so nabbing some of his parts would let you get better use out of the parts from Lewa. Meanwhile, The Joker was the set which made the most use out of Hero Factory shells in Medium Lilac—but Voltix also used some interesting ones. Flame Yellowish Orange parts in Hero Factory come from Jetbug, as well as a few of this year's Legends of Chima sets: specifically this one and this one.

I've just purchased Green Lantern for this reason. Another useful thing to know about the Green Lantern set is that it comes with two HF torso pieces, which are always useful.

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

I would assume it's the CCBS structural pieces that are being asked about, rather than the HF-specific shields, armour and weapons.

Yeah, CCBS, along with the HF exclusives though.

Edited by Boidoh