Indiana Jones Topic

Hi all!

Saw the official Star Wars Topic, and thought why not just create a topic where we can discuss Indiana Jones

I just finished watching the four movies again and it dawned on me to see what everyone else thought of this great movie series!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

My favorite movie series and franchise, bar none, no question. The first time I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark was on TV when I was in first grade. It was actually a pretty special moment for me because 1.) I was finally watching this Indiana Jones thing I had heard so much about, and 2.) it was the first time my parents let me stay up late to watch a movie. When it got to the scene when Indy rides under the truck, I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen on film at the time. Nowadays when I watch it... it's still the coolest thing I've ever seen on film. The whole truck chase sequence thrills me every single time I watch it, and it never gets old.

• Upvote 1
BZPRPG

My favorite movie series and franchise, bar none, no question. The first time I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark was on TV when I was in first grade. It was actually a pretty special moment for me because 1.) I was finally watching this Indiana Jones thing I had heard so much about, and 2.) it was the first time my parents let me stay up late to watch a movie. When it got to the scene when Indy rides under the truck, I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen on film at the time. Nowadays when I watch it... it's still the coolest thing I've ever seen on film. The whole truck chase sequence thrills me every single time I watch it, and it never gets old.

Exactly like me!

Its such a good movie series, tied with BTTF as my favorite movie series of all time

My favorite movie of the four is probably The Last Crusade,

Which is your favorite?

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!

Raiders of the Lost Ark for sure, though I find Last Crusade to be enjoyable as well. I'm slightly less fond of Temple of Doom on account of its horror elements. Horror is one of my least favorite genres and I prefer they films when they're being fun. I'm slightly less fond of Crystal Skull on account of some it's script choices. But despite those feelings I can still get a lot of enjoyment out of both films, in particular the bridge scene from Temple of Doom. There was some great tension build up there.

BZPRPG

Raiders of the Lost Ark for sure, though I find Last Crusade to be enjoyable as well. I'm slightly less fond of Temple of Doom on account of its horror elements. Horror is one of my least favorite genres and I prefer they films when they're being fun. I'm slightly less fond of Crystal Skull on account of some it's script choices. But despite those feelings I can still get a lot of enjoyment out of both films, in particular the bridge scene from Temple of Doom. There was some great tension build up there.

Temple of Doom is really good I think, but as you said there is a lot of horror in it, those Thuggee are absolute creeps haha

Plus I just think its typical all all villains, how when they are eating that disgusting dinner at Pankot Palace and the Prime Minister and Maharaja are lying about there being no Thuggee cult still existing

Do you have a favorite scene from the films?

Absolutely love the series, and the music, and... everything.

LEGO Indiana Jones (1 and 2) are probably my favorite LEGO games.

It probably helps that Harrison Ford is probably my favorite actor.

Yes I have to agree with you on all of that

The LEGO Indiana Jones games are absolutely fantastic, always have been my favorites since they came out

Which game did you feel was the better one? 

My favorite is the first one I still remember getting it on PSP when it first came out in like 2008 and later in the year on Xbox 360

I have not yet had the opportunity to play any of the LEGO Indiana Jones games. Mostly that stems from the fact that I own a Macbook and the Mac versions of those games are pretty pricy. I played the demo, though, and mostly enjoyed it. And I own a good handful of the sets as well.

Do you have a favorite scene from the films?

As I sort of implied, the truck chase is my favorite scene from Raiders and the bridge scene is my favorite from Doom. My favorite scene from Crusade is the tank chase. Crystal Skull is hard to pick a favorite from, mostly because I found so much of it to be problematic. I did enjoy the chase through the university, though.

I'm really curious to see what Disney will do with the property now that they own it. It's Disney, so you know they aren't just going to sit on it. Yet with Ford being committed to new Star Wars movies I don't see how they can knock out another one before he just gets too old.

I mean, unless Ford is still game to do another one in his mid-late seventies. But last I read he didn't really want to wait to do another one.
Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

As I sort of implied, the truck chase is my favorite scene from Raiders and the bridge scene is my favorite from Doom. My favorite scene from Crusade is the tank chase. Crystal Skull is hard to pick a favorite from, mostly because I found so much of it to be problematic. I did enjoy the chase through the university, though.

I'm really curious to see what Disney will do with the property now that they own it. It's Disney, so you know they aren't just going to sit on it. Yet with Ford being committed to new Star Wars movies I don't see how they can knock out another one before he just gets too old.

I mean, unless Ford is still game to do another one in his mid-late seventies. But last I read he didn't really want to wait to do another one.

Oh nice, yeah I actually do hope that Harrison Ford comes back and does one more movie before he gets too old. 

Well anyway my favorite scenes are:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Indys truck chase scene just like you said actually haha

Temple of Doom: The mine cart chase scene

The Last Crusade: When Indy fights the Ernst Vogel the Colonel in the tank scene, especially the part when they thought he went off the cliff and they thought he was dead and he reappears behind them

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The scene when they are fighting in the jungle 

Finally someone created a topic for this!

Han Solo and Indy should swap places.

I know right haha

And yeah i saw the Star Wars topic and I was like why not create and Indiana Jones topic!

Edited by randomreviewerbros

• 2 weeks later...

Having a soft spot for history, the paranormal and adventures, I've loved Indiana Jones for years. The Last Crusade is my favorite of them all, honestly.

I think if they are to continue the series, Harrison Ford will have to be replaced in a James Bond-esque transition. The question is who will replace him... 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

It's not really 'swapping places', but wasn't there a comic where Han Solo found the skeletal remains of Indiana Jones? Or Indiana Jones found the remains of Han Solo? One of the two, I think.

Indy finds Solo's skeletal remains and Chewbacca later becomes Bigfoot.

Edited by Councilor Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I think if they are to continue the series, Harrison Ford will have to be replaced in a James Bond-esque transition. The question is who will replace him... 

It'd be interesting to see how people would respond to that. Initially I'd be against it. A lot of what makes Indy an appealing character is brought to the role completely by Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas. He's not from a novel, but entirely a creation of those three When you move away from those talents whatever comes next will just be an imitation. And I don't want an imitation.

On the other hand... Bond has been doing this for a long time and no one has a problem with it. There have been good Bonds and bad ones, but the idea of replacing the actor every so often seems to be embraced by all fans. It's almost exciting to talk about who the next Bond will be. I'm curious, anyone know how the general public responded to Connery being replaced for the first time? I'm not really a Bond expert.

Not really sure where I'm going with this. Maybe the idea of Indy being played by a different actor simply doesn't appeal to me simply because it's not anything the franchise has done before. I guess it's necessary for it to continue, though.

It's not really 'swapping places', but wasn't there a comic where Han Solo found the skeletal remains of Indiana Jones? Or Indiana Jones found the remains of Han Solo? One of the two, I think.

Now that part I did not know.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Now that part I did not know.

Well he actually became Sasquatch. But I dont see much of a difference between "Sasquatch" and "Bigfoot".

Edited by Councilor Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif