Your favorite head piece

Sad-Machine

Whats your favorite head piece  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with the 2015 reboot head. Although if the Hero Factory Brain Attack head were on the poll, it might have gotten my vote—what it lacks in detail it makes up for in sheer versatility.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Tohunga head. Sure it is designed specifically to inhibit all articulation, is massive and awkwardly shaped, and doesn't accommodate eye coloration, but it also gives the user incomparably radical sideburns. And I think that that is really the most we can ask of a BIONICLE head piece.

• Upvote 5

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm for the Metru head at the moment, though my preferences may change when I see the new head.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I feel like the 2015 head is the best one aesthetically, at least in terms of actually using it as a head/face. It's like the best aspects of the Toa Metru head and the Glatorian head rolled up into one gorgeous design!

Like my brother said earlier, the Brain Attack head from LEGO Hero Factory is easily the best one as a general building element, as far as sheer versatility is concerned. But since that wasn't one of the poll options I voted for the 2015 head piece.

• Upvote 2

Mata head. It's the only head that looks good without a mask.

Wh-what? Just what do you mean by "looks good"? It's definitely an iconic element, but I definitely wouldn't consider its plug-mouth better looking than the Metru head or especially not the 2015 head.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wh-what? Just what do you mean by "looks good"? It's definitely an iconic element, but I definitely wouldn't consider its plug-mouth better looking than the Metru head or especially not the 2015 head.

The Metru head just looks weird. The proportions are off. It's too elongated.

MnRA5kV.png

The Metru head just looks weird. The proportions are off. It's too elongated.

I don't entirely see where you're coming from. Besides the eyestalk (which can be swapped out for the shorter version from Toa Mahri Kongu if it bothers you that much), the Toa Metru head's proportions are barely any different from the Toa Mata head's. Like a real human head, the length from front to back is only slightly less than its height from the top of the head to the chin. The same goes for the new 2015 head and the Glatorian head (both of which I'd say improve on previous BIONICLE heads as far as proportions are concerned by shifting the entire head slightly backward on the neck joint).

The Toa Metru head also has more sensible proportions than the Toa Mata head from the front, I'd say. Like a real human head, its width is roughly 2/3 its height. Again, the same is true of the Glatorian head and the new 2015 head. But this is not true of the wider Toa Mata head, and for some bizarre reason its widest point is its lower jaw.

• Upvote 4

My favorite has to be the Metru head, it was the most versatile head in terms of what masks it could hold, very creative head piece

I do like the look of the coming 2015 head piece though

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

My favorite is definitely the 2015 head.

PROS

It is the first opaque Bionicle head to attach via a socket rather than a ball, allowing for easy connection to the standard CCBS torso. (And modding older torsos fit a socket head is considerably easy. Most of the time all you need are these parts and a few 2-stud-long axles. It also features the wonderful new head attachment points, and the eyestalks that double as mask launchers are really cool. The head also features a cool-looking face.

CONS

It lacks both an axle & stud connection. I'm sure it would be possible for someone to model a 3D-printable adapter for the old stud masks, but there's no way you're attaching an axle mask to the new head. The fact that the masks themselves can attach to the Brain Attack head and any Y-joint or HF hand makes up for this, though. (The HF Brain Attack head is now officially the most compatible head there is, since all axle helmets & masks, as well as the new clip-on masks, can attach to it. The only standard masks/helmets that can't be attached to it are the classic stud masks & rubbery Inika masks.)

Actually, while I'm at it...

HEAD COMPATIBILITY LIST (Piraka, Vahki, HF Beast, etc. heads are not included)

*m=masks   h=helmets   ?=not sure if compatible

Mata heads: stud m, krana

Metru heads: stud m, axle m

Inika heads: rubber m

Av-Matoran heads: axle m, axle h?

Glatorian heads: axle m?, axle h

HF 2011 (2.0/3.0) heads: 2011 h

HF 2013 BA heads: axle m, axle h, 2015 m

Bionicle 2015 heads: 2015 m

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Went with Mata head.

Pros:

•believable for a biomechanical creature

•multiple uses(Turaga feet, Akamai fist)

•many eyepieces

Cons:

•mobility

•eyepiece hard to detach

Mobility? All my mata heads are movable side to side thanks to some upgrades I made.

It's extremely hard to integrate a ball joint to the Mata head without it being a bit weak. My friend's Makuta lost his head nearly everytime it was moved upwards.

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

Toa Metru head, hands down. An upgrade from the Mata head (which looked cool) but easier to separate the brain stalks and the fact that it had a ball joint meant posebility, which was a big deal back in 2004. And of course, it was compatible with pretty much all masks, which is a huge plus. Other heads have got nothing on it.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

as neat as the original ones were, the Metru ones were so versatile, and it bugs me how hard it is to remove the 01 brain pieces...

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I have to say 2015 heads. Looks pretty good and has a functional purpose. Also, I like the way the masks are attacked on these heads. They seem like actual masks now that we dont need to fit an axle in the mouth. 

Metru heads looked too ugly imo. 

Edited by Prime Axiom
  • Upvote 1

Even if it's incompatible with the older masks I think the reboot head is the best.  Just because the face underneath doesn't sacrifice any aesthetics for the sake of a mask connection.

Inika head is by far the worst out of all of them, which I'd care a bit more about if any of the Inika masks looked good enough to ever actually use.

Toa Mata / Nuva heads :)

Except "eyepiece hard to detach" - this is always underestimated on forums. The first time I removed one of those I felt like a god!

So that was a huge point the Toa Metru had over them; but even though I liked the look of the Metru heads as well, they didn't offer as many uses as 
the Mata head piece so ultimately win the Mata heads win.

I hated the Inika heads & the Av-Matoran heads: the former masks where too organic and the actual head didn't work as well for armour etcetera just because the colouring was to inconsistent with my tastes; and more importantly the connectivity was a pain; as for the later; they where one useless shape that looked awkward even with the mask on - moreso than any other mask/head issues.

I actually liked the Hordika all around. Although I normally dislike asymmetry.

The Tohunga heads where also to big bulky and not really usable.

The Piraka heads suffered wheren't useful for anything really, and even if you could get past the teeth the organic faces couldn't really be combined with others things to well...

I have a feeling I might end up liking the 2015 heads the most; but I don't want to judge them yet. (I'm looking forward to 2015  :D )

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.