Happy 5th Anniversary, Bionicle: The Legend Reborn! :)

Lenny7092

More than two mouths ago, it was September 15th, the day when one of the memorable Bionicle movies, Bionicle: The Legend Reborn, came out on September 15th, 2009, which was five years ago and six days before my birthday, September 21th. I considered it to be one of my best pre-birthday presents because I was anticipated for it for Web of Shadows came out in 2005. I always loved anticipating for sequels since I loved the original movie, Mask of Light, for being awesome, epic, action-packed, and great character development. Although The Legend Reborn was going to have a sequel, which, sadly, was never made, but some of us, including me, enjoyed TLR, so I'll say that we would celebrate it (possibly having cake or something), so, yeah, let's celebrate! Happy 5th anniversary, The Legend Reborn!:)

Man, do I love the movie because of its awesome-ness, epic-ness, action-packed-ness, and great character development. The famous voice actor, Michael Dorn, voiced Mata Nui very well!:)

Although that I don't usually celebrate 5th anniversaries of things because I don't find them special, but since you guys like 5th anniversaries and I can see that they are as half as 10th anniversaries, which I usually celebrate, so, okay.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I remember when TLB came out. I actually refrained from reading the novelization of it so that I could learn who the traitor was from the movie itself. Fun times...

I agree that it wasn't the best Bionicle movie ever, but I did think it had some good things in it. The beginning had the MU robot, which was really cool. And Michael Dorn did a good job with voicing Mata Nui. 

Though I will admit that the short with Metus Snake taking Click wasn't the best thing ever. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Anybody knows where I can find Metus' Revenge online?

This was my favorite BIONICLE movie...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

KIINA! SHUT UP!

Indeed, not only did i dislike the teenage voice chosen for her that made her like a squealing 14 year old, but her lines were twice as eargrating because of the personality she was given.

Metus Revenge can be found on youtube, not many exist of the original style but this one has been tampered with the least of them, the only change is a hillarious addition of the benny hill theme which someone added during the chase sequence

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

before TLR came out I couldn't comprehend what 70 minutes of pure nothing felt like.

Now I know.

Agree wholeheartedly.  I mean the technical side of things seemed well done, but the story was just awful-slash-non-existent.

Even the technical side wasn't great. The music was forgettable, they actually used several ridiculous stock sounds Yeah, the environment were OK but the character models just looked so stiff and to much like the toys. Plus those stupid spinning gears.

Also that Mata Nui sequence in the beginning was just laughably bad. I felt like i was watching an episode of ReBoot.

• Upvote 1

before TLR came out I couldn't comprehend what 70 minutes of pure nothing felt like.

Now I know.

Agree wholeheartedly.  I mean the technical side of things seemed well done, but the story was just awful-slash-non-existent.

Even the technical side wasn't great. The music was forgettable, they actually used several ridiculous stock sounds Yeah, the environment were OK but the character models just looked so stiff and to much like the toys. Plus those stupid spinning gears.

Also that Mata Nui sequence in the beginning was just laughably bad. I felt like i was watching an episode of ReBoot.

Yeah the soundtrack was severely lacking.  -_-

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Wow, 5 years! I could believe LoMN being a decade old but The Legend Reborn being half of that... woah. Time really flies, doesn't it?

I didn't mind the movie, mostly because it had been so long without a film in the Bionicle universe. Regardless, it could have been much, MUCH better. But I do remember my excitement leading up to it, and that is definitely an experience I will cherish. Even if the payoff wasn't as great as it should have been.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

You know, I've never seen that Metus' Revenge thing. That was hilarious.

I actually really liked The Legend Reborn. I watched it for the first time only last year, thanks to the magic of Netflix. I liked how everything looked like the sets, I like how everything looked clean, as opposed to some of the soft and murky textures of Mask of Light. Not to mention, I really liked seeing a whole new world on-screen (Bara Magna) for the first time. Happy 5th Anniversary!

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I actually really liked The Legend Reborn. I watched it for the first time only last year, thanks to the magic of Netflix. I liked how everything looked like the sets, I like how everything looked clean, as opposed to some of the soft and murky textures of Mask of Light. Not to mention, I really liked seeing a whole new world on-screen (Bara Magna) for the first time. Happy 5th Anniversary!

Still, the world in the first 3 movies felt alive. The Bara Magna for this movie felt... empty. There was a lot of unfilled space which might make sense, but it was rendered pretty poorly (watch the scene when they drive into Vulcanus... There is a blank/flat space behind them as they drive). Add the stiff animation and it wasn't exactly the most thrilling movie to watch.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

KIINA! SHUT UP!

Indeed, not only did i dislike the teenage voice chosen for her that made her like a squealing 14 year old, but her lines were twice as eargrating because of the personality she was given.

Metus Revenge can be found on youtube, not many exist of the original style but this one has been tampered with the least of them, the only change is a hillarious addition of the benny hill theme which someone added during the chase sequence

I never really cared about the chase sequence. It cut out the best part, or from what my 9 year-old mind could remember, when Mata Nui and Co. found the Thornatus.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The best part of this movie was when Tuma "died". It's so terrible watching him fall, that it's laughable.

Edited by Toa Green Ninja

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Still, the world in the first 3 movies felt alive. The Bara Magna for this movie felt... empty. There was a lot of unfilled space which might make sense, but it was rendered pretty poorly (watch the scene when they drive into Vulcanus... There is a blank/flat space behind them as they drive). Add the stiff animation and it wasn't exactly the most thrilling movie to watch.

-NotS

"Empty?" Maybe because the movie mainly took place in the middle of a desert?

Edited by Councilor Manducus
  • Upvote 1

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I liked TLR. It was fun. 

I kinda agree that Tuma's portrayal at the end was kinda dumb, but Tuma's actions during the rest of the film - destroying Tajun, etc - seemed to estabilish him as a credible villain, plus his first "bash" against MN. I actually thought he was a challenge. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

I remember when it came out and telling myself that I'll probably never get to watch it. Well, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Loved the animation style, but everything else was pretty meh (Click was cute). So much of nothingness going on on the screen. The story was I guess not meant for my age group then or now, so it can be forgiven. :P That said, it was a nice nostalgia trip and I could think of worse ways to spend that amount of time.

I remember when it came out and telling myself that I'll probably never get to watch it. Well, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Loved the animation style, but everything else was pretty meh (Click was cute). So much of nothingness going on on the screen. The story was I guess not meant for my age group then or now, so it can be forgiven. :P That said, it was a nice nostalgia trip and I could think of worse ways to spend that amount of time.

Well again, I think as the first film in a proposed trilogy, Tinesltown really could have improved significantly over time. It was the same with the Miramax movies, which suffered from at times extremely shoddy animation and poor use of stock footage, but by Bionicle 3 they really got their footing and delivered something extremely quality from purely an animation standpoint. TLR was already pretty good in that respect, and adding on to it really could have delivered something fantastic by the finale (even the Hero Factory episodes got pretty good as time went on).

As for the story, TLR was just the set-up. I am actually really disappointed that Bionicle ended prematurely, because I believe the next two films probably could have been a huge step-up as they raised the stakes and explored more aspects of the Bara Magna/Bota Magna Bionicle Universe.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg