Problems uploading pictures to the gallery

Maxiboy136

I have been trying to upload pictures of my creations to the BZPower gallery, but when I choose a file to upload it won't upload, and the uploader tells me that I have used up 1.89MB of 1.95MB despite attempting to only upload a single 266KB picture and nothing else.

In short, it tells me I have used up all the space for uploading files before I've even chosen any files.

What has happened, why has it happened, and what can be done about it?

Edited by Maxiboy136

Hey there!

First, a quick heads-up: for technical issues like this, it's often better to post to the Tracker - that helps us organize issues and lets other people easily confirm if they're running into the same problem. 

To answer your question: it sounds like you're in a similar situation to this tracker ticket; images you've uploaded to the global BBC gallery still count against the 2,000KB limit.  Try removing an image from there (or replacing it with a smaller version) and then uploading to the main gallery.

To help save some space, I'd recommend saving your images as JPG and not PNG - this may cause some minor quality drops, but it'll let you upload a lot more images in the long run.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

What is the difference between the global gallery and the main gallery?

This is the part where I cop to barely ever using the gallery system, so I'm gonna pre-emptively call for someone to confirm what I'm about to say.

I may have worded that last post badly - what I mean to say is that regardless of which gallery you upload your images in, be that the BBC one (which anyone can add to) or galleries you make yourself (which others can browse but not add to), it counts towards a shared filesize limit.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So is there a limit to what you can upload to site? As in ever, as opposed to one go?

Yes, there is a limit. For non-premier members the limit [in kilobytes] is 2,000, while the limit for premier members is 10,000 (this information is from the Q&A Compendium). If you want to learn more about premier membership, which includes a significantly higher limit in the Gallery, you can read about it here.

-Rez

EDIT: By the way, welcome to BZPower! I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Edited by Reznas

• 4 weeks later...

Ya, if I was you, I would upload those creations somewhere else like deviantART or flickr because that gallery is just a mess, I mean there are a lot of things wrong with it, I don't even think that was updated in years.

I see that the Gallery have a comment box somewhere in the matrix but no where to be found.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Flickr, Photobucket, Brickshelf or Majhost are good places to go. Just remember to use the BBcode function when embedding it to your post :) I never use the gallery, I just use Flickr. Hope this helps :)

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/