New Toa Team Members

DTCulliton

Ok I know that I'm looking into 2016 which is one and a half years from now, but when that does happen we need Matoran tuned Toa for a new Toa team. If you want to you could list the Matoran you would like to see turned into Toa. Here is my list.

1. Balta Toa Of Fire

2.  Macku Toa Of Water

3. Kopeke Toa Of Ice

4. Defilak Toa Of Air

5. Onepu Toa Of Earth

6. Hafu Toa Of Stone.

Also you could list the masks you new Toa could wear.

Sadly, we don't even know if Matoran exist in Gen2, and even if they are the same species as the "Protectors" we have no way of knowing if they have individual names or not.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

Oh for goodness sake who working at Lego would say "Hey lets make sure to NOT include any matoran what-so-ever in gen 2. Hurk Hurk Hurk."

That was a tad aggressive. Although I do believe the Protectors are Matoran, and that the Matoran species does still exist, I'm not sure if they'll be called "Matoran" or not. As far as can be told, the would-be-Matoran don't actually wear Masks of Power. Instead, they all wear the same mask, a mask of unknown power, if any power at all, unless of course this is only among the protectors. So the masks they would wield at first would probably be powerless. That is something to bare in mind.

The only Matoran I would like to see transformed into a Toa in gen 2 is Takua. (Hurk Hurk Hurk) I honestly think, other than Takanuva, they should just stick with the six Toa they already have. :P

But, if they do decide to make Matoran into Toa like in first gen, then the Matoran I'd like to see get transformed who weren't transformed into Toa in gen 1 would be:

1. Mazeka

2.Vultraz

^^So they can have an epic rivalry as Toa,

3.Solek

^^Not sure why. I just really want to see him as a Toa for some reason...

4.Ahkmou

^^So he can be all treacherous and stuff,

5.Onepu

6.Maku

^^ To make up for the fact that they weren't transformed into Toa like ALL THE OTHER MCTORAN IN GEN 1,

and

7. Vican

^^Because he's awesome.

Edited by The Meta Knight

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

I would like to the see the Matoran that made up the Toa Inika and Mahri come back. 

However from what I know Im pretty sure they mentioned that past characters wont be returning for Gen 2, apart from the Toa and Makuta. So if this is true, there is a possibility we will get new Toa characters that we've never seen before if they even decide to make a new Toa group, because by the looks of things it seems like the Toa will be the main protagonists in the 3 year story arc that is planned. Beyond that, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

I want the 04 Matoran to become Toa simply because of Ahkmou would be a really funny Toa:P also, that team coming and being able to work together would be really cool:)

However, if I could choose any six matoran to become Toa, hands down I would choose the six Voyatoran! They were very brave, and I'd love to see Garan as leader of six Toa instead of just Matoran. I mean, how many Matoran would dare attack the Piraka? These guys were really brave and it would be amazing to actually see them make a difference.

In fact, sometimes when I play games with only the most current version of each character, I make the Toa Metru into the Toa Voya:)

Also, Dekar was an awesome character who'd make a good Toa

• Upvote 1

Even if the Matoran we know DID exist in the new BIONICLE (and we pretty much know that they don't — the designers said at NYCC that they have no intention of bringing back any more legacy characters besides Makuta and the Toa), they wouldn't be the exact same characters — they'd be new characters inspired by the original. And in that case, how are we supposed to know whether they'd make good main protagonists?

Besides that, I think the idea that we even NEED a new Toa team in 2016 is kind of stupid. The one we've got is still perfectly fine, and I'd rather see another year of character development for them than have them disappear into the background after just one year. Do you honestly think that the 2015 Toa will have less staying power than the main characters of Hero Factory, Legends of Chima, or Ninjago? None of those themes ever had to completely replace their main protagonists after less than two years of sets and story.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

I agree that I'd like to see more character development with current toa we have, but at the same time I don't want to simply stick with only them. That's get boring. And one of the biggest and coolest parts about the Bionicle universe was how any matoran could transform into a toa, allowing for people to create their own characters, stories and ideas separate from the larger story. 

As much as I love good character development, sticking with the same set can prove to wear out if not done well. If matoran are coming back, I'd like to see some cameo's or call backs to original matoran, but I won't be horribly upset if we don't. A fresh batch of matoran/protectors would be pretty cool.

Specifically, I can't particularly think of any matoran I'd like to see as toa. There's always the Chronicler's Company, but I always felt that their charm came as matoran and that they don't need to be toa to be hero's or interesting characters. But I'd guess I'd be interested in seeing it, since old Bionicle will always have a special and secluded place in my heart separate from whatever they do now (it's for the best I tell you. Looking through nostalgia goggles can keep you from enjoying new stuff.).

However, if I could choose any six matoran to become Toa, hands down I would choose the six Voyatoran! They were very brave, and I'd love to see Garan as leader of six Toa instead of just Matoran. I mean, how many Matoran would dare attack the Piraka? These guys were really brave and it would be amazing to actually see them make a difference.

I agree that this would be pretty cool, but the fact that Velika is a being of unknowable power who is currently on a murderspree of terrifying proportions would make that team a bit awkward, to say the least :P

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 2

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

I would like to the see the Matoran that made up the Toa Inika and Mahri come back. 

However from what I know Im pretty sure they mentioned that past characters wont be returning for Gen 2, apart from the Toa and Makuta. So if this is true, there is a possibility we will get new Toa characters that we've never seen before if they even decide to make a new Toa group, because by the looks of things it seems like the Toa will be the main protagonists in the 3 year story arc that is planned. Beyond that, I have no idea.

I know you were at NYCC and I wasn't, but from everything I heard, didn't they say that they had no plans to bring anybody else back, rather than actually planning to not bring anyone else back?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ok I know that I'm looking into 2016 which is one and a half years from now, but when that does happen we need Matoran tuned Toa for a new Toa team. If you want to you could list the Matoran you would like to see turned into Toa. Here is my list.

1. Balta Toa Of Fire

2.  Macku Toa Of Water

3. Kopeke Toa Of Ice

4. Defilak Toa Of Air

5. Onepu Toa Of Earth

6. Hafu Toa Of Stone.

Also you could list the masks you new Toa could wear.

Not including Tamaru and Kapura to complete the Chronicler's Company Toa Team.

I am disappoint.

I know you were at NYCC and I wasn't, but from everything I heard, didn't they say that they had no plans to bring anybody else back, rather than actually planning to not bring anyone else back?

I looked back at BZP's video of the panel and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTv5VVGYguU#t=1881 .

In there they explained how they have no plans of launching sets of the past. However they will get some inspiration from those past sets.

I would like for the Tahu and his team to stay as the main heroes at least through 2016. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they stayed as the main Toa though all of Bionicle's new story, like the Ninja from Ninjago. I think that would help in developing their personalities a lot more. 

But if Matoran from Gen 1 do appear in the story, I would like to see the Voya Nui Matoran become Toa, with Velika being replaced by Dekar. But as others have said, they are not returning in the new story. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'd love for the return of the Chronicler's Company in some form or another. Even if they lack the same names, that group would make a great set of Toa. Of course, the only old character that is likely to return in this reboot is Takua/Takanuva, though you never know, there could be some Protectors that may remind us of some Gen 1 characters...(I'm going to laugh so hard if there's a Protector in the new minisodes that says "I am practicing." :P)

• Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

We probably won't see our Matoran return in Gen2, but I'll take this as a 'Dream Toa Team'.

Onepu, Toa of Earth

Ahkmou, Toa of Stone

Dalu, Toa of Water

Kapura, Toa of Fire

Mazeka, Toa of Ice

Defilak, Toa of Air

Imagine the leadership problems and general arguing in that team. Toa Metru have nothing on this lot :P

• Upvote 2

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Aside from the Chronicler's Company, I'd have to go with...

Water: Nixie, the reclusive astronomer. Or Kotu, cause she got shunted out of a place on the kolhii team and I kinda feel bad for her. :P

Air: Sanso, the singer!

Fire: Maglya, the lava surfer

Stone: Ahkmou, just for kicks. Or Kodan, the first chronicler, if he wasn't so busy being dead!

Earth: Midak, the taxi driver (I hesitate to give Onepu something else to brag about, hehehe...)

Ice: Probably that crazy hermit who teaches you willpower in MNOG II

Actually on that last note, it would be interesting to see all the MNOG II "skill masters" as a Toa team. So that would be Kai the sailor, Golyo the mahi herder, Taipu, the crazy hermit (I found him, his name's Kantai), Tamaru, and Keahi the guardsman.

Edited by Mata Rahi
  • Upvote 1

xBnUijj.gif

• 1 month later...

I am surprised how the topic got as much attention as it did while I was on Christmas vacation. And just so you guys know ALL matoran that are still alive or not trapped on the red star (Seriously Greg should finish that story) could make great toa teams and every single person who has commented on this topic is seriously awesome! and also another optional thing to add on to your lists of matoran from gen 1 that you would like to see turned toa could have a leader that isn't a toa of fire. Lessovik managed to get away with it so can you.

There must be an evil Toa Ahkmou. Please. 

And a Mazeka/Vultraz rivalry as Toa would be fun as well. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd rather they didn't. Just stick with the current Toa team and occasionally add a new Toa to the mix like Hero Factory did with the main characters, which is something I think HF did well. Takanuva definitely needs to appear though I doubt he would be a villager first, just appear as a Toa..

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)