Jurassic Park Projects Allowed on LEGO Ideas

The LEGO Ideas team has recently updated its License Conflicts and Resolutions page with a new property that you are allowed to submit projects for. It's open season on Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, no doubt because of the upcoming sets to tie in with next year's movie. The change has already resulted in a bevy of new projects such as this one. I would love a set based off the original movie since it will always hold a special place the heart of my inner six year old.

View the full article

It's funny that the "new" project you linked was actually a resubmission of easily the most popular of the old projects.

The T. rex's wrists are wrong and it has brow ridges it shouldn't have but hey this is Jurassic Park, what else is new. It's also not designed with poseability in mind; its legs are asymmetrical, built specifically to be posed the way they are. I also don't think the coloring is accurate, simply by virtue of being visually exciting and colorful, which the T. rex in Jurassic Park was emphatically not. Additionally, I think the skull is longer and more slender than that of both the actual Tyrannosaurus and the movie rendition.

I guess this is good news for those who can forgive those movies of the sins they've committed against paleontology's progress over the past twenty years. I, meanwhile, will continue to complain. :P

• Upvote 1

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Lego have the license to JP, and can make their own sets (and probably are), but are asking the community to make sets despite the fact they already have sets.

What.

On.

Earth.

They're not asking the community to submit ideas. They're allowing the community to submit ideas. Earlier, when Mega Brands had the license, all the Jurassic Park projects were deleted/archived since they had no chance of success. Now that LEGO has the license, those kinds of projects are once again permitted.

Some potential projects might still fail on account of being too similar to the upcoming Jurassic World sets, but that will be decided if such projects actually make it to review. In the meantime, it'd be unfair to disallow them but still allow, say, Star Wars projects.

• Upvote 2

This is really cool for LEGO Ideas. I like the T-Rex in the link in the news story, but what I'm really interested in is seeing what other kinds of Lego dinosaurs people submit to the site now that they are allowed. I'm hoping to see some really T-Rex sets in the future. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png