Bionicle: Audio-Narration-Project - Chronicles - Beware the Bohrok

joev14

This is where I will be posting the chapters, and where you can give your criticism regarding them!

If you're interested in auditioning, check out this topic!

A quick summary to explain what this is. I've always loved reading Bionicle books; in fact, I have a feeling most of you do. I've always wondered though; what would it be like if it were in the form of an audio-book, with somebody reading it out loud? Furthermore, what if all the characters were voiced by different people. What if, on top of all that, there was music added from various Bionicle media to help immerse you in the world of Bionicle? That, is what ANP aims to do.

ANP, Audio-Narration-Project, began with the first book of Bionicle: Chronicles: Tale of the Toa. I hope that if all goes well for Chronicles, that we'll be able to go on to do Adventures, Legends, and the 2009/2010 arc.

Chapter 1: October 27th

Chapter 2: October 29th

Chapter 3: October 31st

Chapter 4: November 2nd

Chapter 5: November 3rd

Chapter 6: November 5th

Chapter 7: November 7th

Chapter 8: November 8th

Chapter 9: November 10th

Chapter 10: November 12th

Chapter 11: November 14th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DsWtBnAJc

Chapter 12: November 16th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2iXWfHFtw0

Chapter 13: November 18th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srwk-A_BYZU

Chapter 14: November 21st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98yRsvK78E

Chapter 15: November 24th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrtKdkr9_Cg

Chapter 16: November 26th

Meet the Cast: November 29th

You can check out book 3 here!

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 6

Awesome! Glad to see we are on book 2! Love the Bohrok sounds

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This is awesome. The books were always the core of my experience with Bionicle growing up, so it is really cool to see them brought to life like this.

You should check out this topic!

Chapter 10, or "Kopaka Completely Forgets About his Mask Power."  :D

Very nice narration in these, it's good at adding feeling to the story.

Thanks! And I never even thought about the fact that Kopaka could've used his mask power to see down there...

Edited by joev14

I hate to bring up this issue again, but... Lewa. The pronunciation of the name. How are you pronouncing the prefixes for the Matoran and their villages? 

I'm hearing "TAH-hoo" vs. "TAH-WAH-hee."  So, why say "LOO-wah" when you consistently say "LEY-KO-ro" and "LEY-muh-TOAR-ahn?" The names are derived from the prefixes. Why the change? It makes no sense. Consistency is not just a light-hearted suggestion. ;) Just saying.

I do have some complaints about the music. Yes, the MNOG soudtrack is great, but using the exact same set of tracks one after another starts to get stale. It's a nice effect, but some new material would be nice, and more than welcome. I would say ask around on here for someone to compose some new bits for you--I've heard some great pieces from a few members on here once in a while.

However, I'm delighted to note that the vocal talent has improved greatly since the first book. :) I'm still a bit iffy on Onua's voice, though--the sound is a bit fuzzy (almost consistently). But otherwise, everyone is doing an excellent job! Especially the voice of the Bahrag--disturbing and sinister.

One comment on Chapter 15-- "maelstrom" is not pronounced "Male Storm." :P 

(Oh, and the bit where Lewa is being mentally attacked by the swarm after finding the Exo-Toa sounded great! I have to ask, though--will you be giving the Kal distinct voices? I hope so, because having all six of them sounding exactly the same will make any scene with them really weird. :P )

Keep it up!

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I hate to bring up this issue again, but... Lewa. The pronunciation of the name. How are you pronouncing the prefixes for the Matoran and their villages? 

I'm hearing "TAH-hoo" vs. "TAH-WAH-hee."  So, why say "LOO-wah" when you consistently say "LEY-KO-ro" and "LEY-muh-TOAR-ahn?" The names are derived from the prefixes. Why the change? It makes no sense. Consistency is not just a light-hearted suggestion. ;) Just saying.

I do have some complaints about the music. Yes, the MNOG soudtrack is great, but using the exact same set of tracks one after another starts to get stale. It's a nice effect, but some new material would be nice, and more than welcome. I would say ask around on here for someone to compose some new bits for you--I've heard some great pieces from a few members on here once in a while.

However, I'm delighted to note that the vocal talent has improved greatly since the first book. :) I'm still a bit iffy on Onua's voice, though--the sound is a bit fuzzy (almost consistently). But otherwise, everyone is doing an excellent job! Especially the voice of the Bahrag--disturbing and sinister.

One comment on Chapter 15-- "maelstrom" is not pronounced "Male Storm." :P

(Oh, and the bit where Lewa is being mentally attacked by the swarm after finding the Exo-Toa sounded great! I have to ask, though--will you be giving the Kal distinct voices? I hope so, because having all six of them sounding exactly the same will make any scene with them really weird. :P )

Keep it up!

I've been talking with the rest of the cast regarding the pronounciation. Yes, I botched Le-Koro and Le-Matoran. It shouldn't have been said 'lay' because this is entirely incorrect. The Loo vs. Lee is still in debate though. This will be fixed in the downloadable version.

Until we reach Adventures, I don't have any plans on using any non-Bionicle music, mainly because Templar music is so abundant. The music is intended to fit the mood, and since some chapters are back-to-back (like the Krana Lewa Chapters), it's intended for them to have the same theme playing. The same cannot be said for Adventures and Legends though, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I found out about malestrom afterwards, I plan on fixing this in the downloadable version as well.

Amazing! Are you planning to do this for the Mask of Light novel, too?

Yup! All 30 books will be narrated (If all goes well).

Edited by joev14

Why not use the movie soundtracks for Mask of Light and Adventures? Or will that get old too quickly?

I hope to use the Mask of Light soundtrack from for the book counterpart. We're not sure about Adventures yet.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

The entirety of book 2 is now available for download!

Full Book 2 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/exb9gboglge576x/Bionicle_-_Audio-Narration-Project_-_Beware_the_Bohrok.zip

• 1 year later...