Toa Kaita Nova Blasts?

Irrie

These elemental phenomenons have always fascinated me as being one of the more unique aspects of Toa. Since Toa Kaita are fusions of Nova Blast-producing beings, it would be interesting to see if they could summon one or not. 

Because answering my own questions is classy, I have devised four possibilities:

They can commit Nova Blasts, and it is a mixture of the three elements. 

They can commit Nova Blasts, but only for individual element (this doesn't seem very reasonable to me). 

They cannot commit Nova Blasts because of the conflicting elemental energies inside of them. 

They cannot commit Nova Blasts because they would be too powerful, so the GBs were all like "No way honnie bunny, you ain't gettin' no Novas today." 

Any other ideas? 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

They cannot commit Nova Blasts because they would be too powerful

I'd lean toward that, but don't really know. (Toa Nui were banned, right? So same reasoning could go for a ban of this. :shrugs: )

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

A single Toa's Nova Blast is considered the Nuclear Option of the MU. A Kaita could concievably detonate their own Blast, but it might destroy critical machinery in the walls/floors of the GS robot. So I'd agree with bonesiii on this one. Yes, but prohibited due to excessive destruction.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Correct me if I´m wrong but was it ever stated that the Toa Kaita could control elemental powers? 

Their masks had the combined powers of the three Toa, mask powers, what about the elements?

Assumig they do the I´d say to keep things fair that they cannot use Nova Blasts as they would be too powerful and it would be another reason as to not combine into Kaita too often.

Perhaps performing one particular elemental Nova Blast gives too much deference to the respective component consciousness, and then the fusion becomes too unstable? Do we know if they would perform a tri-element blast, or have to use one at a time?

Or it's just waaaay too much power, probably =P

• Upvote 1

Perhaps performing one particular elemental Nova Blast gives too much deference to the respective component consciousness, and then the fusion becomes too unstable? Do we know if they would perform a tri-element blast, or have to use one at a time?

Or it's just waaaay too much power, probably =P

I was thinking that it's not unreasonable to think their Nova Blast would be at the least three times as powerful as one regular Toa's, and one is more than enough, so :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I'd lean toward that, but don't really know. (Toa Nui were banned, right? So same reasoning could go for a ban of this. :shrugs: )

What was the exact reason it was banned? If it's too powerful then a limitation could really balance that or a Kaita Nova out significantly. I don't see why these have to be "banned"... Moreso why a Toa Nui is apparently not feasible?

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Could a 2 toa mix their elements in a dual Nova Blast?

Two Toa could go nova at the same time, yes, if they wanted to destroy everything for hundreds of miles around, including their friends

(5). What would a Nova Blast created by a Toa Kaita (let's say, Akamai) look like?

5) Like all three elements involved

thank you for kindly answering these questions in advance

i know kaita will probably will not be used in the story but i've got some questions about them

1. would they be able to use a nova blast?

2. would it be a mix of all the elements?

3. would it 3 times as powerful than a single toa?

4. what elements would make the strongest kaita?

thank you again for your time.

I don't believe they can do nova blasts, no

2: Can a Toa Kaita perform a Nova Blast?

2a: If so, would the Nova Blast be a combination of the elements of the Toa used to create the Kaita?

2) Good question. Haven't thought about it

I'd say it's still an open question, if anyone wants to stab at it. 

• Upvote 2

What was the exact reason it was banned? If it's too powerful then a limitation could really balance that or a Kaita Nova out significantly. I don't see why these have to be "banned"... Moreso why a Toa Nui is apparently not feasible?

-NotS

Great Beings created all these things; they can put such rules into effect if they want. :) You don't have to agree with their reasoning; they can still do it, whether or not it really makes sense. :P (But it does make sense to me -- why would they want overpowered beings all over the place? You could argue they already made too many with the Makuta.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The problem with Nova blasts is that only Toa can do them, and if a Kaita were to do it within the MU, it could cause more damage than any individual Toa could do. The GBs barring that option makes perfect sense, in that case. Example: Gali basically wiped Karzahni clean with her Nova--What if Akamai Nuva had gone Nova in her place? The GSR's head could have been partially severed under that kind of power.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Hmmm, makes sense. But then again, we're talking about a giant robot of planetary dimensions here, supposedly strong enough to guard and resist everything that happens inside him. I like to think of a parallel: If two nuclear bombs weren't enough to destroy our whole planet, I guess a Kaita nova (And I would even dare to say a Nui nova[Even tho it is indeed non-canon)] wouldn't be enough to damage the robot that bad. Of course, the area's destruction will probably have some bad consequences for the population there.

Edited by Zidonaro

While the external skin of the GSR may remain undamaged, the interior would most certainly not. Gali destroyed Karzahni. A kaita may very likely start breaking the walls and ceiling of the domes, exposing critical machinery. A Nui might destroy even that, knocking out control of an arm or the entire rest of the body.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Hmmm, makes sense. But then again, we're talking about a giant robot of planetary dimensions here, supposedly strong enough to guard and resist everything that happens inside him. I like to think of a parallel: If two nuclear bombs weren't enough to destroy our whole planet, I guess a Kaita nova (And I would even dare to say a Nui nova[Even tho it is indeed non-canon)] wouldn't be enough to damage the robot that bad. Of course, the area's destruction will probably have some bad consequences for the population there.

You also have to consider the relative thickness of the robot's shell compared to the structure of Earth. Plus, consider the size comparison. Mata Nui would have been about as tall as the Earth is wide, so his neck and limbs are significantly thinner and take up much less mass than our planet does.

While the external skin of the GSR may remain undamaged, the interior would most certainly not. Gali destroyed Karzahni. A kaita may very likely start breaking the walls and ceiling of the domes, exposing critical machinery. A Nui might destroy even that, knocking out control of an arm or the entire rest of the body.

Or, yeah. Like this.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Or, yeah. Like this.

Wow, I believe that's too much. We don't know exactly the thickness of the robot. We can only expect to be very, very thick, for obvious protective reasons. Proof of that, it took a land crash on a planet to completely break only his chest.  So yeah, imagine crashing on planet really hard. That certainly produces a lot more damage than a Kaita Nova.

Or, yeah. Like this.

Wow, I believe that's too much. We don't know exactly the thickness of the robot. We can only expect to be very, very thick, for obvious protective reasons. Proof of that, it took a land crash on a planet to completely break only his chest.  So yeah, imagine crashing on planet really hard. That certainly produces a lot more damage than a Kaita Nova.

Except we don't know what the magnitude of a Kaita Nova would be. One of the reasons for not allowing a Toa Nui is that its power would supposedly rival that of Mata Nui himself. A Kaita would basically be half of that, if that notion is any bit true.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Or, yeah. Like this.

Except we don't know what the magnitude of a Kaita Nova would be. One of the reasons for not allowing a Toa Nui is that its power would supposedly rival that of Mata Nui himself. A Kaita would basically be half of that, if that notion is any bit true.

Did Greg said this somewhere ? Because I really can't see how a merging of 6 Toa, as much as powerful they will be, can rivalize with the power of the Great Spirit who can control every aspect of an entire universe and can do everything to anyone and anything inside of it.

Edited by Zidonaro

Like what's been said, I'm leaning toward Toa Kaita being unable to do a Nova blast with all of their elements because it could do too much internal damage to the robot. They might not be able to do nova blasts of one of their elements, because they have greater control over each element.

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

Either the first or the fourth option, I think.

Actually, that would've been a pretty cool turn for Bionicle to take: The Bohrok hordes are broken, or something, and aren't able to raze Mata Nui, so three Toa (probably the constituents of Akamai) have to make their way to Mata Nui, "form up" into Kiata, then send out a Nova Blast that destroys the island, as well as themselves.

That would be cool.

• Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Or, yeah. Like this.

Did Greg said this somewhere ? Because I really can't see how a merging of 6 Toa, as much as powerful they will be, can rivalize with the power of the Great Spirit who can control every aspect of an entire universe and can do everything to anyone and anything inside of it.

I don't know if it was Greg, specifically, but I know I read it somewhere. Maybe it was part of one of those obscure legends that showed up somewhere in the storyline. Keep in mind, I stated that I didn't know how accurate that was, as I bolded up there.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Another thing to consider is what would happen when the three elements combine. Akamai's would likely be a bunch of stone and lava, which could be hazardous to the bot, but Wairuha's is wave of ice and water with wind tornados in it. (or just a huge wind/rain/ice storm) which wouldn't affect Mata Nui much. A Kaita Nova of Water, Fire, and Air would just be a bunch of warm swirly fog. :P

Another thing to consider is what would happen when the three elements combine. Akamai's would likely be a bunch of stone and lava, which could be hazardous to the bot, but Wairuha's is wave of ice and water with wind tornados in it. (or just a huge wind/rain/ice storm) which wouldn't affect Mata Nui much. A Kaita Nova of Water, Fire, and Air would just be a bunch of warm swirly fog. :P

Wait, they're able to form Kiata with any three Toa? I thought it had to be Tahu/Pohatu/Onua or Kopaka/Lewa/Gali, and only those two configurations.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Wait, they're able to form Kiata with any three Toa? I thought it had to be Tahu/Pohatu/Onua or Kopaka/Lewa/Gali, and only those two configurations.

Yep, it can be any three Toa as long as they are different elements. Also, I don't think Toa of Light & Toa of Shadow can combine, though I may be confusing that with how they can't form a Toa seal since their powers cancel out. Also, the Toa Hordika lacked the mental concentration to form Toa Kaita.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Great Beings created all these things; they can put such rules into effect if they want. :) You don't have to agree with their reasoning; they can still do it, whether or not it really makes sense. :P (But it does make sense to me -- why would they want overpowered beings all over the place? You could argue they already made too many with the Makuta.)

True. It just seems somewhat inconsistent though, seeing as other beings are able to form Kaita AND Nui's. I guess since they are artificial creations, it makes more sense that these limitations came from their creators so I can at least understand that explanation.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Well, depends on the beings. It's not inconsistent if (for example) a Matoran Nui is allowed with the reasoning that "it's within the maximum allowed power level". It could only be inconsistent, logically, if power level wasn't considered in the case of a Matoran Nui. (And even then it might only be a candidate for inconsistency, as maybe there would be a purpose to Nui of some other type that Toa Nui wouldn't have. :shrugs: We'd have to look at other factors first to decide whether it was inconsistent.)

• Upvote 1

Two Toa could go nova at the same time, yes, if they wanted to destroy everything for hundreds of miles around, including their friends

Hmm... not to get off topic or anything, but when 6 toa of different elements use their elemental powers together, it creates solid protodermis, so what would be the result of a combination of 6 different elemental novas, besides the destruction of the universe of course (:P)?

Also I agree with the other people when they say it would be to powerful to be used if it were possible at all.

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Either the first or the fourth option, I think.

Actually, that would've been a pretty cool turn for Bionicle to take: The Bohrok hordes are broken, or something, and aren't able to raze Mata Nui, so three Toa (probably the constituents of Akamai) have to make their way to Mata Nui, "form up" into Kiata, then send out a Nova Blast that destroys the island, as well as themselves.

That would be cool.

That would be such a great way to end 2008, except some of our favorite Toa would have to die, and that might seem eclipsed a bit by Matoro.

Hmm... not to get off topic or anything, but when 6 toa of different elements use their elemental powers together, it creates solid protodermis, so what would be the result of a combination of 6 different elemental novas, besides the destruction of the universe of course (:P)?

Also I agree with the other people when they say it would be to powerful to be used if it were possible at all.

Protodermis blast, or apocalyptic blast. Either everything in that part of space is blown to atoms and scattered, or it will be Taco Tuesday all over again. :D

1. If each Toa Nuva used a Hau Nuva on themselves and the rest of the team while performing a Nova Blast, would they combine to form a Protodermis Nva Blast?

1a. If so, how would it work? Would it be crystalline, energized, liquid, metallic...?

1) Would depend, the novas would have to be done at the exact, precise second. If that were done, yes, they would create solid protodermis, because that is what you make when you combine six Toa powers like that. And the odds are the Toa and everything for miles around would wind up sealed inside it and suffocate.

Well, depends on the beings. It's not inconsistent if (for example) a Matoran Nui is allowed with the reasoning that "it's within the maximum allowed power level". It could only be inconsistent, logically, if power level wasn't considered in the case of a Matoran Nui. (And even then it might only be a candidate for inconsistency, as maybe there would be a purpose to Nui of some other type that Toa Nui wouldn't have. :shrugs: We'd have to look at other factors first to decide whether it was inconsistent.)

Fair enough. I guess we don't know enough about the nature of Nui's and Kaita's to truly determine that.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg