BIONICLE 2001-2010

I think Greg has stated pretty firmly that he WON'T be continuing the serials. Doing so at this point would only divert attention from the Bionicle reboot, which is where the money is, and Greg's going to stay busy writing for themes like Ninjago and Chima.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to yonder story serials:

ToaIhu wrote:

Hi Greg,

My question's a bit weird, and please don't take this the wrong way, as I'm just curious.

If you still have the time/LEGO gives you the authority to post canon tidbits about BIONICLE on these message boards, why were the story serials never finished? I only ask because it seems a bit strange that over the course of four years, the actual story serials died, and I understand that you have other writing commitments at LEGO, but this thread has reached 437 pages. Obviously that is by no means all you, as there are thousands of posts by fans like me, too, but you're always able to give detailed and informative answers (which we're all grateful for) to pretty much ever fan question.

So I think my real question is actually, if you were to stop posting in this forum, even for a brief while, would that give you the time to finish the unfinished story serials? Or, now that BIONICLE has been discontinued, does LEGO simply not want you to produce new content?

Many thanks, and I eagerly await your answer,

-Ihu

No offense taken.

First off, I stopped doing the serials some four years ago or so, when my daughter was an infant and I was taking care of her full-time. She is no longer an infant and I only have her half the time, so I have more time.

Second, the people who asked me to do the message boards have nothing at all to do with BIONICLE, now or in the past, so it is apples and oranges in that respect.

Third, it takes a lot less time to answer these questions than it does to write a serial chapter. If I want, I can spend two minutes here and then get back to my day. There is no time limit in which these questions have to be answered.

And fourth, I can't continue the serials without LEGO's okay, and when I have broached the idea, there has been no interest. The story existed to promote set sales, and no sets have been on sale for four years now. They want me focused on current lines.

I'm sure if he had the freedom and time to do it, Greg would definitely be up for wrapping up those serials. Unfortunately, with the Bionicle reboot coming in I don't think he will ever get that chance.

-NotS

I dunno, I feel like he wasn't entirely inspired with those serials. I'm obviously not Greg and can't speak in any way for him, but I really feel that those serials aren't worth coming back to.

• Upvote 1