Set Review: 71007 Series 12 Collectible Minifigures

Collectible Minifigures 12 Teaser Image

The twelfth round of Collectible Minifigures are hitting shelves again, and for some of us that means it's time to begin collecting them again. BZPower Reporter Xccj has done a quick review of each of them, as well as a guide on how to find them. Whether you're looking to grab all sixteen, or if you just want a few individuals, read on to see what the excitement is all about.

View the full article

I'm pretty sure the Spooky Girl was inspired by the typical "creepy little girl" character in a bunch of horror movies. I'm pretty sure it's a common aspect, but I'm not in on the whole horror genre, so I'm not 100% sure.

This was a nice review and the guide is pretty helpful. I haven't bought one of those minifigures in a while, but if I go for Series 12, I'll be sure to brush up on this guide. ;)

mindeth the cobwebs

Personally the Spooky Girl reminds me of Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family, or Emily the Strange (another character from pop culture). Obviously the design is not specific to any one character, but the general vibe is very similar.

Lots of great figs and parts in this series. I made sure to pick up the Dino Tracker just for those gorgeous olive green cargo pants. The Pizza Delivery Guy is another great design, and I really like both the pizza and box. The Rock Star is delightfully edgy, the Wizard feels very iconic, and the Spooky Girl is just adorable!

I love what the LEGO Group is doing with co-injected arms and legs and can't wait to see them expand it further. If they can manage to do the same thing with regular minifigure legs that they've done with the shorter legs and the arms, then one day we might no longer have to worry about swim trunks looking like a thong from the back (looking at you, Lifeguard Guy). I'm also waiting on a short-sleeved T-shirt or polo shirt that resembles one I actually wear so I can use it for my sigfig.

• Upvote 1

The creepy ghost girl, on Onryo, is a Japanese stock horror character as common in their folk tales as ax murders in the backwoods of America, or cutthroats in the streets of London. They were popularized in the West when The Ring borrowed heavily from their imagery. She's definitely my favorite in the batch, although, ironically, I've never seen a single horror movie! I much prefer the spooky to the scary, and had actually tried to make an Onryo using Lady Vampyre's head and Madam Hooch's torso.

I never picked up any of the dino sets, so I could also use that lime green syringe for another spooky minifigure I'm working on, a plague doctor. I'll certainly use this guide to try to pick those two up, but even if I fail and get one of the others, I think it won't be any real loss - they all look pretty neat!

• Upvote 1