Bionicle: The Ultimate Storyline Reading Order (2001-2010)

joev14

I just have a question about VNOG. I thought it was deemed non-canonical? I mean completely non-canonical, not only partially like MNOG and MNOG II.

I don't remember that, but I consider it canon. It lines up with most of the storyline aspects of 2006

Are you sure it adds any crucial information to it, though? (besides maybe the canon enemies and Rahi?)

Anyways, this is interesting; I was thinking of eventually getting into G1's story properly through reading the 2001-2003 & 2006 books I have, watching the movies, playing the games like MNOLG and Heroes (not canon, but included with it anyway) and so fourth, I could actually use this as a guide for when I do that with years like 2001, so thanks! I don't have a lot of the books though, so maybe I'd have to get those some more of those at some point...

Another thing to consider, I assume things like the movies aren't included because their information is already here, but what about that first GBA game Tales of the Tohunga? Didn't that cite Takua's doings to get the Toa Stones and make the Toa arrive? I assume it would make sense to add that to it.

The games don't contain any canon plot information, except perhaps Maze of Shadows, which mirrors the book. For this reason, I chose not to add them.

I don't know anything about "Tales of the Tohunga", but I do know that BIONICLE: Quest for the Toa is a canon depiction of Takua's quest to find the Toa Stones and summon the Toa Mata. It takes place immediately before the first Mata Nui Online Game.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 6 months later...

I don't know anything about "Tales of the Tohunga", but I do know that BIONICLE: Quest for the Toa is a canon depiction of Takua's quest to find the Toa Stones and summon the Toa Mata. It takes place immediately before the first Mata Nui Online Game.

Do you happen to have a cite for this?

It was referenced numerous times in the MNOG, so we can pretty much assume that it's canon. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

BS01 lists all of the events of Tales of the Tohunga under Takua's Biography section.

The BS01 page for the game also says "The game revolves around Takua, and progresses through his first recorded adventure on the island of Mata Nui."

Edited by TuragaNuva
  • Upvote 1

sigbanner.gif

Please don't post in topics that haven't received a reply in over 60 days, though!

Revived topic closed - but I think it wouldn't hurt to start up a new topic with the updates and all.