• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Rpg Maker

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 02 2011 - 06:04 PM

Share your thoughts on RPG Maker VX here. Or don't, I don't really care.-- :ruru:

Edited by Piraka~Mistika, Nov 05 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#2 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2011 - 03:43 AM

Actually, the accepted norm is starting topics for each. I've seen a few like that already, before the downtime.That aside, worst RPG Maker ever.-Dovydas

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

#3 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts

Posted Nov 04 2011 - 11:20 AM

Okay, then. Discuss RPG Maker VX here, and link to your creation topics.I like it, although it has limited tilesets...--:ruru:

#4 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-June 04
  • 3,198 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2011 - 01:26 PM

I tried making a few, but they never did get finished.

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#5 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2011 - 02:12 AM

Can we discuss the other RPG Makers too? I kind of prefer XP and 2003.-Dovydas

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

#6 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts

Posted Nov 05 2011 - 12:27 PM

Sure... I'll report it to get the name changed.Oh, and B6, if the site has forums, why can we link to the site in the FCG forum?--:ruru:

#7 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,082 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 05 2011 - 01:08 PM

I haven't used an RPG Maker seriously since RM2000, but I have a lot of fond memories. I also dabbled in XP a bit when it came out, and recall being quite impressed that it now allowed for scripting using Ruby - that really opens up the possibilities for games.

#8 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts

Posted Nov 05 2011 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, it really does.My favorite is probably still VX, though.--:ruru:

#9 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 04:07 AM

I've worked on a couple of non-BIONICLE and BIONICLE games using the RPG Makers, but only one of them got finished and it was so glitched up that I had to sit down and remake it from scratch.... I got bored, eventually.Still, I've got fond memories of the programs and I check in on the RPG Maker community, here and elsewhere, regularly.-Dovydas

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

#10 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 03:01 PM

So you never finished any of them?

#11 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,082 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 03:46 PM

I think that's a common outcome with RPG Maker - though it greatly simplifies the process of making a game, actually making one still requires a significant time investment, and as with any project, it's difficult to make such an investment unless whatever you're working on really grabs your interest.

#12 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 07:59 PM

True, true.Does the 2K3 RTM work for 2K games?

#13 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 09:01 AM

So you never finished any of them?

Yep.Also, to my knowledge, yes, the 2k3 RTP (if that's what you mean) works for 2k games, because 2k has backward compatibility with 2k3.-Dovydas

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

#14 Offline Crazed Hegemon P~M

Crazed Hegemon P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Soaring Champion

• 08-June 09
  • 475 posts

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 09:36 AM

Fail, I meant RTP.Odd, I tried to play a 2K game in the testplay for 2K3, and the editor worked fine, but it still said I needed the RTP... Huh.--:ruru:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users