Bionicle: Reservoir Dogs

Fighty

bionicle: reservoir dogs

Premise

Twelve crooks. One store. Three diamonds. 50 million widgets cash.

It was a simple smash and grab. Everyone knew their jobs. Get in, get the goods, get out. Be partying in Xia by the night's end.

Then it all went wrong.

Less than a minute in, the place was swarming with police. Dozens upon dozens of heroic Toa and their trusted Matoran sidekicks. The eleven blasted their way out of the store, barely escaping with their freedom and whatever diamonds they could lay their hands on. As they regrouped in the designated spot - a warehouse in one of Le-Metru's slums - they all knew what had happened: someone had ratted. And none of them was leaving until they figured out who it was.

tl;dr:

You are a criminal recovering from a botched robbery. Your aim is to weed out the rat in your midst before the cops get to you.

Gameplay

When you sign up for the game, I will PM you three things: your role, your codename and what you saw during the botched robbery. Using these things, you will attempt to figure out who the rat is. Unless you are the rat. In which case, you're trying to survive until the police arrive.

The game will be very conversational in nature. Players will make in-character posts (designated with the prefix IC:), where they will discuss what they know about what occurred during the botched robbery. Players must then discuss who they think the rat is and come to a consensus. When they've reached unanimity (the vote of their target is not taken into account), they kill that target and then discover whether or not he truly was the rat. If he was the rat, they win. If not, they keep on going. When they make their vote, that is considered the end of a round. If the rat survives four rounds (that is, the robbers make four wrong decisions), or he is the last one standing, he wins. If it takes the robbers more than 48 hours to come up with a decision, then no one is executed and one round is burned. 

The game is free-flowing and is always in motion. Depending on the role you receive, you might have an active ability (most likely, the ability to shoot another player). You can use this ability at any point, simply by posting in the topic. Take a moment to read through the following list of roles and then consider the gameplay example, which details how a game might go down.

Roles

Among the eleven robbers (including the rat), there are different roles with different goals and abilities. These goals and abilities affect how the game is played. At the start of the game I will PM each player their role. These roles are secret and should never at any point be disclosed to other players.

1 rat

The goal of the rat is to survive five rounds, at which point the police will show up and arrest all the robbers. The rat's special ability is that he can shoot people.

1 professional

The goal of the professional is to keep as many of his fellow robbers alive as possible while eliminating the rat as quickly as possible. His special ability is that, in addition to the knowledge he has of what went down, he knows the role of one other player (not the rat). 

2 gunslingers

The goal of the gunslingers is the same as that of the professional; they want to keep things as clean as possible while weeding out the mole as quickly as possible. Gunslingers have a reactive, protective ability; if a player shoots another player, they will in turn be shot by a gunslinger. Gunslingers cannot actively shoot someone; they can only react when there is a shooting. Just in case it needs to be clarified, gunslingers cannot shoot each other.

1 bully

The goal of the bully is to keep as many of the robbers alive as possible while killing the rat as quickly as possible. The bully's special ability is that, once per game, he can force everyone to vote for whoever he wants.

5-6 snakes

The goal of the snakes is to get out alive. The snakes do not have special abilities beyond casting their votes. There might be an extra snake on the off chance that the rat and the bully are the same person.

1 wild card

The wild card doesn't exactly have a goal. He's more into crime for the fun of it, so he's unpredictable and hard to read. He has the ability to shoot people if he feels like it.

1 opportunist

The goal of the opportunist is to be the only robber standing at the end of everything. He wants all the other robbers to die, so even if he has a suspicion about who the real rat is he might support a different verdict simply because he wants his fellow robbers to off each other. The opportunist can shoot people.

*Note: I will not be revealing peoples' roles when they die, unless they are the rat. If someone wants to reveal their role postmortem that's up to them, but I won't be doing it.

Gameplay Example:

The flow of the game is dictated entirely by you, the players. It is very RPG-esque in that regard. Consider the following thread below which shows one possibility of how things might go down.

Mr. Teal (gunslinger)

I think it's Mr. Pink.

Mr. White (professional)

I think so too.

Mr. Pink (bully)

I think we should all vote for Mr. Brown because [somewhat plausible explanation]. *uses special ability*

Fighty (moderator)

Round 2 is over. Mr. Brown, a snake, has been executed.

Mr. Pink (bully)

Whoops.

Mr. Green (wild card)

What a moron. *shoots Mr. Pink*

Mr. Teal (gunslinger)

How dare you! *shoots Mr. Green*

That is how the game might look. Obviously, there's normally more discussion about who the mole might be and less random violence. But you get the idea of how the game might go.

Rules:

1. No revealing your role to one another, either in the topic or via PM. If you are the professional and know another person's role, you may never reveal that either. If you are a gunslinger you may not reveal the identity of your fellow gunslinger.

2. Be kind.

3. Have fun.

Players:

When you sign up, you will be given a codename. Everyone must always be referred to by their codenames. Names in bold red indicate deceased players.

1. Voxumo: Master of Fikou (Mr. White)

2. Chro (Mr. Tan)

3. Zakaro (Mr. Black)

4. The Rider of Kikanalo (Mr. Blue)

5. Councilor Manducus (Mr. Gold)

6. Baltarc (Mr. Violet)

7. Voltex Oblige (Mr. Teal)

8. Ifgtalrop (Mr. Lime)

9. Quisoves Pugnat (Mr. Pink)

10. Gengar (Mr. Silver)

11. Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons (Mr. Blood)

12. An/A Blade (Mrs. Green)

Edited by Fighty
  • Upvote 9

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

By the way; If both Gunslingers are simultaneously killed, do their murderers still die?

- :burnmad:

No. Because there are no Gunslingers left to kill them.

By the way, I should have clarified this in the first post, but you can't go on a shooting spree. You can only shoot one person per round; and if you do shoot someone and they're not the rat, you're definitely getting capped by a Gunslinger, unless both Gunslingers are dead.

And just like that, we have the whole gang together. Listed below is a  brief description of the job and everyone's assignments, so you all have a little background on what was supposed to go down.

the job: kakua's diamonds

The target was Kakua's Diamonds Wholesalers. The owner, Kakua, was a mid-level diamond peddler with little to no pedigree. Normally his shop wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar, but in this instance, his shop was briefly being used as a midway point to store Turaga Dume's personal diamond collection: three beautiful, flawless diamonds, each one larger than a clinched fist. A 50 million widget haul. The diamonds weren't going to be at the shop for longer than a day, so the security was light and, being insured, Kakua and his employees weren't going to sacrifice themselves for the ice. For twelve seasoned armed robbers, it seemed like easy money.

Mr. White and Mr. Tan were tasked with disabling the security cameras and the silent alarm system.

Mr. Black, Mr. Blue and Mr. Gold were tasked with crowd control: dealing with the patrons of the store and making sure that no one did anything stupid.

Mr. Violent, Mr. Teal and Mr. Lime were tasked with finding the store manager, ascertaining the location of the diamonds and acquiring said diamonds.

Mr. Pink was tasked with covering the back entrance and making sure no one went in or came out.

Mr. Silver and Mr. Blood were parked in a nearby alley with the getaway vehicle: a large, white van with bulletproof windows and reinforced steel plating.

Ms. Green was perched on a building on the opposite side of the street, covering the store front with a suppressed sniper rifle.

• Upvote 6

Okay, every participant should have received a PM from me detailing your codename, your role, and a brief description of your perspective of the heist. Now that all that business has been taken care of, round 1 can begin. It ends at 1:15 am EST on Friday, November 7, or whenever you guys settle on someone to lynch. 

Now the game can begin. Get to the debating, accusing, shooting, or whatever it is you plan on doing. Just know that the round only ends when you all have chosen a suspect to kill or when the time expires.

IC: For what it's worth, my good confederates, while I was covering the back entrance, several minutes before the purveyors of justice apparated, I witnessed Mr. Blood leave the white van and talk frantically into his phone for a minute before hanging up.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

IC:

Indeed, I happened to receive a call from my girlfriend. It would seem she has suspicions of my involvement with all of you fine gentlemen. Do not fear, I will, of course, take care of the situation once I have returned home tonight.

Thankfully, Mr. Pink's happening to observe these events tells me that he was likely not the perpetrator of the crime that is betrayal, by the simple fact that he would not likely have noticed it if he had been occupied with the act at the same time. I therefore shift my suspicion and, if possible, my vote, to Ms. Green.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Mr. Teal

You all know of the role that I, Mr. Violet, and Mr. Lime were to play during this heist; aside from Mr. Violet receiving the signal to move in via phone call, we made no contact with anyone else. Unfortunately, the sirens went off before we could complete our assignment. I do not believe that either Mr. Violet or Mr. Lime could be this traitor you speak of, since if they were, I believe I would be dead. 

I shall withhold my opinion on this "vote" for the time being. The evidence being provided seems far too circumstantial.

IC: I went in with Mr. Black and Mr. Gold to silence the people. We did fine until the alarms went off and escaped with Mr. Silver. I however noticed that Mr. Black was talking on the phone with someone and he gave us the go ahead. I also noticed that Mr. Silver was already waiting for us. Silver doesn't seem like he might be suspicious, but that might change later, but right now I as Mr. Black seems suspicious as he might have called the police and told us to go ahead with it, knowing the police might get here soon. These might seem plausible accusations, but I might be wrong as there was more than one phone call that night.

I hold my vote for now.

Edited by The Rider of Kikanalo

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

IC:

I would recommend that everyone cease to hold their vote. We only have so long to decide who to lynch, and if it's not unanimous, we've wasted this chance to get rid of the rat. In all morbid honesty, it's better for us to kill the wrong guy than to allow that traitor to bide his time until the cops find us.

-==IC==-

Just to chime in, Mr. Blood, your logic can easily be turned right agaknst you, because you happened to not notice that someone saw you making that phone call. Withholding vote until I can consider everything, though. However, all we know of Mr. Blood so far, is that call took place. As for me, I got a stupid spasm at the worst time... =/

IC: I went in with Mr. Black and Mr. Gold to silence the people. We did fine until the alarms went off and escaped with Mr. Silver. I however noticed that Mr. Black was talking on the phone with someone and he gave us the go ahead. I also noticed that Mr. Silver was already waiting for us. Silver doesn't seem like he might be suspicious, but that might change later, but right now I as Mr. Black seems suspicious as he might have called the police and told us to go ahead with it, knowing the police might get here soon. These might seem plausible accusations, but I might be wrong as there was more than one phone call that night.

I hold my vote for now.

IC: The alarms went off? Peculiar. I don't recall that happening. I was rather under the impression that Mr. Tan and Mr. White had shut any security devices down. I'm sorry, but color me suspicious. I'm voting for Mr. Blue

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)