Things hidden in MNOLG's files

ARROW404

A long time ago I remember seeing a modified version of the cutscene where Wairuha is gang-bashed by Manas, where the close-up scenes show Akamai instead of Wairuha. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I like reading matoran whenever I see it... The little can thing says "Ussal Wax".

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

A long time ago I remember seeing a modified version of the cutscene where Wairuha is gang-bashed by Manas, where the close-up scenes show Akamai instead of Wairuha. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet!

Really? Is it in the game files of the 2006 downloadable version or the BioMediaProject version? Is it on Youtube somewhere?

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Really? Is it in the game files of the 2006 downloadable version or the BioMediaProject version? Is it on Youtube somewhere?

The LEGO site downloadable version, yeah.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Strange... I have the 2006 downloable version and I can only find the regular cutscene in the files. (I know I have that version of the game because I went on the Wayback Machine and went to Bionicle.Lego.com in 2006 to download it, because at the time I didn't know what BioMediaProject was.)

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Strange... I have the 2006 downloable version and I can only find the regular cutscene in the files. (I know I have that version of the game because I went on the Wayback Machine and went to Bionicle.Lego.com in 2006 to download it, because at the time I didn't know what BioMediaProject was.)

There are ZIP files inside the matanui folder that contain the animations as EXE files. The Toa Kaita animation there shows Wairuha with a golden mask and their names mixed up.
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

There are ZIP files inside the matanui folder that contain the animations as EXE files. The Toa Kaita animation there shows Wairuha with a golden mask and their names mixed up.

Wow... that's interesting. Either Akamai & Wairuha originally had the other's name, or this was just a work-in-progress version of the regular one, and they had confused the two names.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Neat, thanks for pointing this out. Turns out the WIP animation Makuta_of_Oz described is in Toa-Kaita-03.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Neat, thanks for pointing this out. Turns out the WIP animation Makuta_of_Oz described is in Toa-Kaita-03.

And in Toa-Kaita-01, there's the cutscene with the switched names.

Akamai: I AM... WHAIRUHA!!!

Me: No you aren't! :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Wow... that's interesting. Either Akamai & Wairuha originally had the other's name, or this was just a work-in-progress version of the regular one, and they had confused the two names.

Maybe it was a mix-up from Templar. I always thought Akamai acted wiser in the animations than Wairuha. :P
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Interesting! I extracted the SWF files from the Windows and Mac projectors to check for differences. Many of the files are different on a binary level, but most changes are imperceptibly small (some differences possibly only different by quirks in the encoders used). Hovever, Hafu-Taipu.swf and Kini-Nui.swf have an embedded font, unlike the projectors which use the default font. Toa-Kaita-01.swf, Toa-Kaita-02.swf, and Toa-Kaita-03.swf from the win and mac projectors all lack any sounds, rely on system fonts for those with text. Text from two boxes is shown as one in the projector version of the first episode. As already mentioned, the names are switch, both have golden masks in the first scene, and the Kaita in the third scene switches for one segment.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder
  • Upvote 1

Are signatures still a thing?

In testing a couple things for the most recent update for the article, I ended up sitting through the cutscene where Taipu mines through to Le-Wahi, and I can say with certainty that I heard the start of the jingle that The Fifth Spoilers recorded and linked, before it was cut off by the scene change. It's an unfortunate side-effect of our computers running faster, things like cutscenes (Kopaka VS Muaka) and minigames (fighting the Rama swarm) sometimes run so fast that the game doesn't have time to show/play what was intended. :(

However, whereas Episode 6-1.swf is used and does in fact use the jingle, Episode 5-7.swf (the same cutscene with no audio, except for a miner hitting a rock at the end) is NOT used, at least not anymore.

Edited by 2Tie

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Can I have a link to where I can download this version?

No.

Just kidding, here you go. :P  :P  :P

http://web.archive.org/web/20061202103631/http://www.lego.com/eng/bionicle/games/matanuiOnline1.aspx

I recommend downloading the Walkthrough PDF. It has some nice trivia & fun facts about the game at the end.

• Upvote 1

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

No.

Just kidding, here you go. :P  :P  :P

http://web.archive.org/web/20061202103631/http://www.lego.com/eng/bionicle/games/matanuiOnline1.aspx

I recommend downloading the Walkthrough PDF. It has some nice trivia & fun facts about the game at the end.

Thanks for the help.  :)

It makes sense they did a release in 2006 because it is an intro to the matoran versions and back story of some of the new toa.

Edited by END

It's an unfortunate side-effect of our computers running faster, things like cutscenes (Kopaka VS Muaka) and minigames (fighting the Rama swarm) sometimes run so fast that the game doesn't have time to show/play what was intended. :(

It's tangential to the topic at hand, but you might like to know that CheatEngine can be used to alter the speed MNOG runs at. Someone else suggested .86 speed (where 1 is default), and it has worked excellently for me.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It's an unfortunate side-effect of our computers running faster, things like cutscenes (Kopaka VS Muaka) and minigames (fighting the Rama swarm) sometimes run so fast that the game doesn't have time to show/play what was intended. :(

It's tangential to the topic at hand, but you might like to know that CheatEngine can be used to alter the speed MNOG runs at. Someone else suggested .86 speed (where 1 is default), and it has worked excellently for me.

Huh, I'm surprised that didn't come to mind, thanks!

back on track:

I don't think these have ever been mentioned before, but there are three unused items in the game. The code for save/load doesn't check for or save them, but they're in the coding for the player and the backpack nonetheless:

MNOG_Item_Biodermis.pngMNOG_Item_BuildingPlans.pngMNOG_Item_Discs.png

Biodermis, Mahi building plans, and discs. more information is in the article, just mentioning it here so you guys know.

Speaking of Biodermis, there actually IS a functioning doorway that brings you into the hut, as long as you haven't completed the lava puzzle yet:

MNOG_XI3_Door.png

Oh, and that first picture in the thread with the search party? Here's a "normal" version of it, accessible by visiting the same map but with the OnukoroRats flag set to 1 in a save file:

MNOG_XII2A%282%29.png

Those darn rats...

• Upvote 2

back on track:

I don't think these have ever been mentioned before, but there are three unused items in the game. The code for save/load doesn't check for or save them, but they're in the coding for the player and the backpack nonetheless:

Biodermis, Mahi building plans, and discs. more information is in the article, just mentioning it here so you guys know.

Speaking of Biodermis, there actually IS a functioning doorway that brings you into the hut, as long as you haven't completed the lava puzzle yet:

MNOG_XI3_Door.png

Oh, and that first picture in the thread with the search party? Here's a "normal" version of it, accessible by visiting the same map but with the OnukoroRats flag set to 1 in a save file:

MNOG_XII2A%282%29.png

Those darn rats...

So all this time the secret entrance into the home of the Biodermis Smith was still there, but moved underneath that hut this entire time... :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

• 2 weeks later...

back on track:

MNOG_XI3_Door.png

MNOG_XII2A(2).png

Those darn rats...

Did you get that screenshot of the doorway with a Flash Decompiler or something? I can't see it otherwise.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

That would be correct; it's just too far down for my monitor to see any of it otherwise. That's also why it's zoomed out.

for the items though, if you're playing a standalone version, you can go into the View menu, and change it from Show All to 100%, then set the game to fullscreen. if you have the backpack, you should be able to see the unused items just to the left of the game's frame.

Edited by 2Tie