LEGO Named Most Influential Toy of All Time by TIME

First of all, let me note that the pun is not intended. Now let me note that TIME has published a compilation of the 13 toys they consider to be the most influential of all time. The winner is, you guessed it, LEGO, winning against popular toys like Rubik's Cube, Super Soaker, Nerf Bow and Arrow, G.I. Joe and Barbie, as Tim Walsh, author of "Timeless Toys: Classic Toys and the Playmakers Who Created Them" puts it: "I hear more stories about people who have become architects and engineers because they had a love for building with LEGOs (sic!) than I have heard people say, 'I became a lawyer because I had a lawyer Barbie.' " True story. Let's hope LEGO keeps being great for many decades to come!

View the full article

• Upvote 5

I became a lawyer because I had a lawyer Tahu.

All the other toys mentioned are more limited in what you can do with them; whereas, LEGO is nearly limitless in possibilities, provided people know how to tap into the potential of their own imaginations.

©1984-2014 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life