Sets you'd like to see again

Zippo

What are some sets you'd like to see come back for the reboot?

I'd like to see Lego's modern take on the Rahkshi. Imagine getting an upgrade to the original 2003 sets, with more poseability, but still retaining the look/functions the original had. If not Kraata this time, maybe they could be piloted by skull spiders.

I'd also like to see the Exo Toa come back. That'd be pretty awesome, but the biggest problem with that would be the size (The 2015 Toa seem to be just as big, if not bigger, than the original Exo Toa was). If it's not the Toa piloting them, maybe it could be the Protectors? As for weapons, imagine if it had two of those Protector gatling guns on the arms, or one gatling gun arm and one blade/grabbing arm.

• Upvote 4

why is this happening

Something like the '01 Rahi would be amazing. With the return to functions with the Toa, it seems appropriate to bring back some larger, more complicated sets with more complicated functions. The wilds of Okoto could be filled with danger, plus it would be awesome to see a large CCBS creature with some kind of function.

And technically mask packs are sets, right? :D

• Upvote 4

I'd love to see either Vahki or Barraki come back. Especially Barraki, because non-swarm enemies were lacking both in the original line (at least the beginning) and, so far, All we have are a bunch of face-hugging Visorak/Krana hybrids.

I would also like the return of the Barraki, they were the only ones I collected, apart from a few others.

• Upvote 1

EDIT: I've been wanting this enough that (combined with seeing others asking for it all over the place), that I had taken it as a given; Takanuva please.

(Whilst I'm editing this, I'll just throw in: a Rahkshi would be cool, not as a whole series just 1 [or 3] [large Kopaka/Onua/Tahu sized] one, I mean it's a reboot take advantage of it, make it different: better - consolidate some powers etc; it'd make them stand out so much more if they where just like, a 'half series' or standalone - just don't make it gold, gold villains are fine just don't invoke 2010 to much...)

I'd love to see either Vahki or Barraki come back. Especially Barraki, because non-swarm enemies were lacking both in the original line (at least the beginning) and, so far, All we have are a bunch of face-hugging Visorak/Krana hybrids.

I agree, although I always thought of the Vahki as swarm like because even though they could operate well individually they always seemed to be in large groups etcetera, but I'm really hoping for individual enemies.

Something like the '01 Rahi would be amazing. With the return to functions with the Toa, it seems appropriate to bring back some larger, more complicated sets with more complicated functions. The wilds of Okoto could be filled with danger, plus it would be awesome to see a large CCBS creature with some kind of function.

I agree! Although I'm hoping to get some of the smaller (well, medium then, I'm not talking about something like the Fikou [though that's '02 & really cute]) ones in as well...

I'd really like to see a new take on the Nui-Jaga; either as a 'neutral' 'Rahi' or a villain as it could be given a more similar aesthetic to the Skull Spiders - I can see a few different options. A Gukko would also be great, in fact it & a Nui-Jaga and an Ussal-crab + 3 villains could work really well for wave 2 next year as either medium size (this coming waves Gali, Lewa, & Pohatu) or large size (this coming waves Kopaka, Onua, & Tahu)  ; if they had 3 or small villains (with 3 'Rahi' or 'villagers'), 3 medium villains, 3 Rahi, 1 hero, 2 titans would be a really nice balance for that wave and all next year.

Returning 'small' (Protector) sized Rahi would be something from these guys: Lava HawkHydrukaNui-Rama, or a Nui-Kopen.

I know it's also a combiner but I always thought that Colony Drones looked really cool so to see them return in some capacity would 

be really nice.

...I think an individual enemy that physically invoked Carapar/Pridak would be great to see as a individual (but minor) villain. >_>"

Edited by Iblis616
  • Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I agree, although I always thought of the Vahki as swarm like because even though they could operate well individually they always seemed to be in large groups etcetera, but I'm really hoping for individual enemies.

In no way am I saying that the Vahki aren't swarm villains. I'm just trying to suggest that they were the coolest swarm villains.  :D

I agree! Although I'm hoping to get some of the smaller (well, medium then, I'm not talking about something like the Fikou [though that's '02 & really cute]) ones in as well...

I'd really like to see a new take on the Nui-Jaga; either as a 'neutral' 'rahi' or a villain as it could be given a more similar aesthetic to the Skull Spiders - I can see a few different options. A Gukko would also be great, in fact it & a Nui-Jaga and an Ussal-crab + 3 villains could work really well for wave 2 next year as either medium size (this coming waves Gali, Lewa, & Pohatu) or large size (this coming waves Kopaka, Onua, & Tahu)  ; if they had 3 or small villains (with 3 'rahi' or 'villagers'), 3 medium villains, 3 rahi, 1 hero, 2 titans would be a really nice balance for that wave and all next year.

How can you say that Gukko are evil? :???:  Kongu is not impressed!  :P

• Upvote 2

In no way am I saying that the Vahki aren't swarm villains. I'm just trying to suggest that they were the coolest swarm villains.  :D

Hahaha fair enough :D

I'd really like to see a new take on the Nui-Jaga; either as a 'neutral' 'rahi' or a villain as it could be given a more similar aesthetic to the Skull Spiders - I can see a few different options. A Gukko would also be great, in fact it & a Nui-Jaga and an Ussal-crab + 3 villains could work really well for wave 2 next year as either medium size (this coming waves Gali, Lewa, & Pohatu) or large size (this coming waves Kopaka, Onua, & Tahu)  ; if they had 3 or small villains (with 3 'rahi' or 'villagers'), 3 medium villains, 3 rahi, 1 hero, 2 titans would be a really nice balance for that wave and all next year.

How can you say that Gukko are evil? :???:  Kongu is not impressed!  :P

Sorry, I should have double checked what I had written; what I meant was that I thought that a Gukko, Nui-Jaga, & Ussal-crab would work really well as medium sized rahi, and having 3 separate medium sized something else, so lots of different ways to cut the "6-small/3-medium/3-large + other" sets they'd have, thin kind of like how Mistika included good & bad together. But I also could see a "Nui-Jaga" being demonised into a villain (although I [especially] doubt they would call it a Nui-Jaga in that case). :)

I just really want to see some Rahi next wave, although I want some more villains... & a Matoran(/villager) would also be nice; so I keep on inserting different ideas of how they could do it by hype-accident XD :)

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I should have double checked what I had written; what I meant was that I thought that a Gukko, Nui-Jaga, & Ussal-crab would work really well as medium sized rahi, and having 3 separate medium sized something else, so lots of different ways to cut the "6-small/3-medium/3-large + other" sets they'd have, thin kind of like how Mistika included good & bad together. But I also could see a "Nui-Jaga" being demonised into a villain (although I [especially] doubt they would call it a Nui-Jaga in that case). :)

Well, in that case, you have Kongu's approval. Heck, the entire Gukko Force is backing you up.  :smilekongu:

• Upvote 2

To be honest, I'd really love to see Takanuva and a lot of the Matoran of Mata Nui to make a return. Or at the very least, mask packs. Those would be super cool, considering how easily it could be done for masks.

I love the idea of new Exo-Toa, especially since the body types of the Masters sets are similar enough where it could be done with little variances between them all (besides you, Onua). I actually am considering a design for a suit that could fit over most of the Masters sets, but without any CCBS parts I feel like my design would lack heavily. It's an interesting thought though.

I'd definitely love to see how well larger scale CCBS models would work, since the biggest we saw tended to be titans. Rahi would be super radical, though it'd probably be a long shot.

Rahkshi would be amazing as well, since the rahkshi design can be so easily improved upon and done so well with the newer pieces and building system.

• Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I don't see why the size of the guardians are going to eliminate the possibilities of vehicles returning, when stuff like skopio and axalara exist. It's actually a great idea! (given that they don't cost too much)

Story-wise, I'd love to see pivotal characters coming back like Roodaka, the Shadowed one or Brutaka (call me an old fashioned guy but I'm just too attached to the original Bionicle). while set-wise I'd love to see Rahi or the mandatory villains at every season. Really creative vehicles like the swamp stalker would totally make it on my list too.

As others have said, I would like for Takanuva to make a return. I would also love to see the Exo-Toa return as well. That set was one of my favorites, and I would be very joyous to see it come back. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I want new Mctoran! :P

Can I get them with Hotcakes? Or with a drink? Or by themselves?

Seriously though, I want a few villains, Rahi, Matoran, & Takanuva, & soon.

Maybe 6 villains, 3 rahi, and 3 pairs-of-Matorans? that way all can be covered within the colours? (I see Rahi as unaligned/wildcards not having to comply to colours the same way Toa/Protectors do...) (But then I still want spidery swarmy villains, but also humanoid individuals ...maybe both? )

The Rahi Master Builder set! I want another parts pack that can be built in numerous ways.  :) That was an awesome concept, wish they did more of that - Not just tubs, but a kit with instructions for different species. 

That could be cool as long as it did have different species, but they would need to be good by themselves - not just justified because they can also make x, y, z if you know what I mean? (Like closer to: Colony Drone, Fikou, Gukko, Hydruka, Ice VerminKranuaKinloka, Lava Hawk, Lohrak, Nui-Jaga, Nui-Kopen, Nui-Rama, Ussal-crab; than say: Cable Crawler, Dagger SpiderGate Guardian, Krahka, Kralhi, Protodax, Rock Raptor, Sea Spider,Venom Flyer)
Edited by Iblis616

The Rahi Master Builder set! I want another parts pack that can be built in numerous ways.  :) That was an awesome concept, wish they did more of that - Not just tubs, but a kit with instructions for different species. 

That could be cool as long as it did have different species, but they would need to be good by themselves - not just justified because they can also make x, y, z if you know what I mean? (Like closer to: Colony Drone, Fikou, Gukko, Hydruka, Ice VerminKranuaKinloka, Lava Hawk, Lohrak, Nui-Jaga, Nui-Kopen, Nui-Rama, Ussal-crab; than say: Cable Crawler, Dagger SpiderGate Guardian, Krahka, Kralhi, Protodax, Rock Raptor, Sea Spider,Venom Flyer)

I agree 100%. To be honest, I thought all the models in the Master builder set itself were really nifty and often times cute. Some were better than others sure, but with the amount of pieces they had (which were quite versatile, more technic and not very specialized) some nice models were able to be built. The ones you mention as being lackluster are combiners that utilized too many specialized pieces. IMO Krahli is awesome

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

The Rahi Master Builder set! I want another parts pack that can be built in numerous ways. :) That was an awesome concept, wish they did more of that - Not just tubs, but a kit with instructions for different species. 

-NotS

Oooooh yesyesyes, I would really like LEGO to just, release a kit that has a ton of pieces in a variety of colours and are usable by themselves, would help dearly for someone who dabbles in MOCs but is at a disadvantage for Gen2 due to skipping over HF >.>

• Upvote 5

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17