Question.

In later production runs, some summer 2005 sets like the Tower of Toa could include Warm Gold (Pearl Gold) pieces instead of the usual Sand Yellow Metallic (Flat Dark Gold) ones, but frankly the fact that no examples have ever surfaced in the past leads me to believe it didn't happen with Toa Iruini. If you have found a Warm Gold one then it is probably either a non-production part that escaped LEGO headquarters somehow, or a part from an unlicensed bootleg set.

In later production runs, some summer 2005 sets like the Tower of Toa could include Warm Gold (Pearl Gold) pieces instead of the usual Sand Yellow Metallic (Flat Dark Gold) ones, but frankly the fact that no examples have ever surfaced in the past leads me to believe it didn't happen with Toa Iruini. If you have found a Warm Gold one then it is probably either a non-production part that escaped LEGO headquarters somehow, or a part from an unlicensed bootleg set.

Frankly, I've never seen it happen with a part besides the gold Kraahkan. (Which is a shame, because I would give anything for a Warm Gold Keelerak body.)

So would a pearl gold Rhotuka be worth anything? 

If it's truly the 2006-present shade of gold, and is actual LEGO and not a part from a bootleg, then I'd imagine that it'd be worth quite a bit. I don't know how you'd go about verifying it, though.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg