BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

NIGHT ONE

The Drifter led them into what had once been Mt. Power; although it was now nearly unrecognizable, several of the players managed to piece together where they were. None of them dared to ask the question that was on their minds for several minutes, until finally, Portalfig spoke up.

“Uh… what happened here?” he asked. “I mean… this is Mt. Power, right?”

Once, that would have been correct. But no longer,   the Drifter said. Before he vanished forever, the stories say that a Host by the name of Voltex journeyed here one final time. He collected what remained of the energies from the Staff of Unlimited Power, empowering a crystal taken from a land that does not exist with the very essence of Mafia. The stories say that he hid this crystal, the Voltex Constant, deep within the mountain - and then he turned the mountain itself into a labyrinthine fortress, designed to defend the crystal and leave those looking for it to become lost.

The group had reached a fork in the path; however, while the tunnel they were in currently looked as though it had been created by blasting through stone, both of the tunnels ahead eventually turned into stark white hallways, lit by lights spanning the entire ceiling, with glowing blue lines running through the walls and floor. The Drifter turned to face the group.

Here is the first fork in the path, of which there shall be many,   they said. We must work together, splitting at every intersection. You may reunite with some and never see others again; such is the way that this place has been constructed. Our goal is to reach the Voltex Constant - for with it, we can save the essence of Mafia, and begin it anew - with it, we could begin the Fourth Age.

Turning away from the group, the Drifter entered the hallway on the right; roughly half of the group followed, while Portalfig and the rest entered the hallway on the left. Both groups travelled uninterrupted for half an hour before reaching another split in the path. Four groups of Matoran wandered through the halls, each wondering where they would be led….

---

Valendale, leading a group, paused at the edge of a pit that stretched down farther than the eye could see. He stuck out an arm, ordering the other Matoran in his group to stay back. Crouching, he glanced down - climbing would be impossible. Gazing around, searching for a solution, he noticed that a thin ledge attached to the wall stretched between where they stood and the rest of the hallway across the pit, which was too large to jump.

“This way,” he said, pointing to the ledge. “Be careful.”

One by one, the Matoran in the group began to carefully cross the ledge, with Valendale bringing up the rear.

Halfway across, it started to crack underneath him.

And then he fell.

Valendale cried out, grabbing onto the hands of the Matoran closest to him, who by some miracle managed to catch the Ko-Matoran without falling over themselves. There they remained for over a minute, as Valendale dangled over the pit. Staring up into the other Matoran’s eyes, Valendale waited for them to pull him up. And waited. And waited.

“You need to pull me up,” he said at last, breaking the silence.

The other Matoran shook their head, a sadistic grin upon their face. “No… no, I’m afraid not. In fact, I think my arms are getting a little tired… I’m gonna have to let you go for a second, okay? Just wait one second.”

“Wait, don’t do that!” Valendale said frantically, his eyes going wide. “No, no, don’t let go! Wait! Wait! No-”

Valendale suddenly screamed as the other Matoran let him go, allowing the Ko-Matoran to plunge into the pit. The scream slowly faded away as Valendale vanished into darkness. The other Matoran dusted their armor off before sidling onto solid ground to rejoin the group, casually leaning against the wall.

“Well?” they asked. “I think we’d better be going.”

Shaken, the rest of the group complied.

They did not see Valendale again.

---

As the world faded to black around him, ToaD experienced the unsettling experience of feeling physically ill. What was happening?

://<CODING>

://CODING COMPLETE

://SUBJECT <HEAD|TOAD> SPIRIT VALUE <5>

://INVALID SPIRIT VALUE

://DENIED

And before he even knew what was happening to him, everything turned back to normal.

---

Elsewhere, Gengar’s vision went entirely blurry as he found himself in some sort of chamber with a black control panel in the center, surrounding a glowing blue object.

://SUBJECT <DRAGON|GENGAR> SPIRIT VALUE <19>

://VOLTEX CONSTANT REACHED

://APPROVED

And then everything returned to normal, and he was staring at a giant screen, with his group assembled around him.

---

Portalfig’s group had arrived in a circular chamber with two other paths branching off of it, with a large monitor on the wall. Portalfig, trailing at the back, was just stepping inside when everything vanished. He felt as though he were falling, although all that surrounded him was black; and then the world reappeared, coming back into focus.

He was no longer with his group.

Before him stood a glowing blue crystal, a little larger than the size of a Matoran. It hovered with a glass container, strands of both pure energy and electricity connecting it to the floor and the ceiling. Surrounding the the container was a black control panel that contrasted the white walls and floor. Portalfig cautiously stepped towards the crystal, halting in his tracks as a familiar voice spoke in his mind - that of Voltex, although it sounded warped, and scratchy.

://ARE YOU WORTHY?

“Who are you?” Portalfig whispered.

://I AM THE VOLTEX CONSTANT. DETERMINING MAFIA SPIRIT VALUE OF SUBJECT <IIEB|PORTALFIG>.

://SUBJECT <IIEB|PORTALFIG> SPIRIT VALUE <19>

://VOLTEX CONSTANT REACHED

://APPROVED

The crystal glowed a brilliant blue, flooding the room with light and temporarily blinding Portalfig; before he could recover, the world faded away before slamming back into existence around him. He was back with his group, and it appeared as though he had never left. Confused, Portalfig remained silent as the monitor on the wall flickered to life, revealing every group of Matoran.

I’m glad that you all found a communication room  , the Drifter commented onscreen. It is… rather remarkable, to say the least. Unfortunately, I have received word that Valendale was lost - for now, we shall have a vote to try and determine the killer. While I am unable to create a list of suspects for you all, there ARE four Matoran entirely absolved of blame. I shall not allow you to execute these Matoran at this time.

Valendale (Matoran) killed by Mafia.

Portalfig, Ehks, Manducus, and Tyler were found to be innocent of this night’s crime by the Drifter. As such, none of them can be lynched. However, everyone else is fair game.

VOTE!

Edited by Voltex Oblige
  • Upvote 3

I do have to say, I am pleasantly surprised to be the first person mentioned in the scene and yet not be dead right now. That is a nice change of pace. 

I think I will wait until later to see if some evidence of some sort shows up. As it is now, though, I just have no earthly idea who to vote for. *shrug*

• Upvote 2

Hmmm... It seems awfully careless of Voltex to make a Freudian slip, as it were, and not to simply use gender-obfuscation as a general rule, if the killer was in fact a Mafioso last game. In fact, it seems oddly careless of Voltex to make such a slip at at all.

Voting Luroka.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Don't vote Taka. That's my recommendation. I'm currently not going to vote. I want to play this game rationally because I'd like to survive for a few rounds.

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Null votes will = RNG designation.

(which in this case basically means your vote could literally end up on anybody)

Vote Tally:

Taka Nuvia - 3

Luroka - 5

Null - 1 (to be RNGed)

Vote Changes Used: Luroka

E:seaborg vote added

Edited by Voltex Oblige

Switching from null to seaborgium.

You guys remember XVIII, where the village lynched me, a pro-village role, and wound up being the worst village ever? This is exactly like that, except I'm not a medic.

@Seaborgium: Just follow the herd, buddy. That gets you places.[/sarc]

bq9uZwT.png

YOU MAD BRO?

You cannot comprehend my capacity for indifference. I simply dislike sheeple. The entire reason any of you are voting for me is just because Aiwendil did it. He voted for me because I made a joke saying that I'd vote for him. I made that joke because I just don't care.

bBhcfWO.png