How many Keetorange parts are there?

Munty

I found a few leftover Bright Light Orange head pieces from one of the playsets recently and decided to make them into a little turaga set. He's kinda cool and is now my official mascot but I'd kind of like to see him as a toa now. That'll be quite a task with such a limited selection of Keetorange pieces though so I was wondering how many other pieces were produced in Keetongu's signature colour (not counting those in his own set obviously!) We have the Toa Metru feet in BLO but none of the other pieces required for that sort of build and we also have hordika feet but they have the same prblem (as well as the hordika being hideously ugly to start with) so what other options are there?

Just occurred to me that Hewkii Mahri is a Toa with this build (and an awesome mask to boot) but he's so unique in himself it would be difficult to use his pieces to build another toa without just ending up with a clone... For now, here is my little mascot. I figure he's a Shadow Turaga, but I've no idea what that would mean for lore in general so whatevs... Is just a good way to use those spare heads IMO! Oh yeah and yellow hands right now but will sort when I buy more bricks!

IMG_20141108_132232_zpsa3e033a1.jpg

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

A lot more than you might think! It is actually possible to build an entirely Keetongu orange figure using the Inika build- minus the head, pins and axles.

I'm also amazed you have an intact Klakk. Mine has been destroyed since two months after I got it.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I'm also amazed you have an intact Klakk. Mine has been destroyed since two months after I got it.

Talk about eagle eyes! I actually built my klakk from spares I have and he's missing all 4 claws! He has grey wings instead of the correct black ones too. I built nine of the little baggie sets that way recently. The 07 good guy looks way better with orange limbs than the correct dark green btw...

Bricklink lists 322, but of course only about 45 of those are specifically constraction parts, and some of those (like the ones from Carapar) are blended with another color.

45 is a decent number of distinct parts, though, and seeing as it's a current color it's not impossible that more will show up (in fact, two more parts will debut in 2015 Bionicle: 4M Shells on Lewa and the Protector of Jungle, and 4M bones on the Protector of Jungle alone).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You copied my turaga entirely.... Down to the mask.

I very much doubt that's even remotely true... Can you show me a picture of yours somewhere?

Lyichir, how do you see a list of parts in a specific colour? I didn't see a way to do it when I was looking.

Edited by Munty

You copied my turaga entirely.... Down to the mask.

I very much doubt that's even remotely true... Can you show me a picture of yours somewhere?

Lyichir, how do you see a list of parts in a specific colour? I didn't see a way to do it when I was looking.

On Bricklink? From the main reference catalog menu, there's a link off to the right labeled "Color Guide". That should link you to all the information you'd need.

Of course, many of Bricklink's colors are often woefully inaccurate, which is why I often prefer Brickset's database (which is pulled directly from Lego.com's customer service database). But Brickset's database can be less complete, especially for older parts which Lego no longer stocks.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I see! Thanks for that, I sell on bricklink but didn't know how to do that!

Also my search riminds me that the Toa Ignika has Keetorange parts which could help...

Thanks NotS! That's quite a list isn't it? There are certainly more options than I originally realised. Given his colourscheme as a turaga, Keetorange is probably best suited for his skeletal build anyway with black armor. And it seems there's plenty of spare skeletal parts in this colour as standard so may not be so tough after all! Mask could be tricky though...

Thanks NotS! That's quite a list isn't it? There are certainly more options than I originally realised. Given his colourscheme as a turaga, Keetorange is probably best suited for his skeletal build anyway with black armor. And it seems there's plenty of spare skeletal parts in this colour as standard so may not be so tough after all! Mask could be tricky though...

Yeah, it's definitely more than I initially thought. Though, only a couple of them use Keetorange as a main or secondary colour. But yeah, making an Inika/Piraka-style Toa should be easy with the amount of sets that utilize Keetorange. Especially if black is your secondary colour. :) The Inika shells come in both Keetorange and black, as do the Piraka ones. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I wish they had released the Tower of Toa set prototype form with the "mini keetongu" which was basically a keetorange toa metru with the head of Keetongu. That would've been a prime character..

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831013205/bionicle/images/5/52/Prototype_Tower_of_Toa.jpg

I agree! I assume we would be seeing more Toa Metru moc designs if that was the case. It would have been great!

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I wish they had released the Tower of Toa set prototype form with the "mini keetongu" which was basically a keetorange toa metru with the head of Keetongu. That would've been a prime character..

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831013205/bionicle/images/5/52/Prototype_Tower_of_Toa.jpg

All hail the Keetorange Metru build!

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

It wouldn't really have been a mini keetongu though would it? Just a funny coloured Toa Metru with Keet's head flap... Guess we don't really know what it would be like from just that tiny pic though.

It wouldn't really have been a mini keetongu though would it? Just a funny coloured Toa Metru with Keet's head flap... Guess we don't really know what it would be like from just that tiny pic though.

Would've also been your beloved keetorange toa form though, am I right? You could've even gave him the keetorange pehkui mask from mahri.... but that was stupid, right? :/ I mean it couldn't have been worse than the "great visorak"

In answer to the title of this topic, not enough. Keetorange and purple are the colours we need a LOT more of because they are undeniably awesome.

Keetorange parts were in production from 2005 to 2010 in a handful of sets, from Visorak Oohnorak to the Stars Rahkshi. Now we have HF-style armour shells coming back in this colour. Maybe you could use the newer parts to make a mini-Keetongu? :P

11f40ad3-a706-4876-98bb-d654857048d6_zps

HEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S DEKKY!

New comedy: The Time Before Time 

New artwork: Keetorange Productions Animation Studio

All hail the Keetorange Metru build!

What were they thinking when they built that prototype. Not even the "mini" Fenrakk was that ridiculously out of scale. Keetongu looks like he could swallow one of the Toa Hordika whole. It's so out of scale it's funny. THat's why they should have kept him in the set. That and all the wonderful Metru part recolors. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Would've also been your beloved keetorange toa form though, am I right? You could've even gave him the keetorange pehkui mask from mahri....

Aye, that and Hewki's Garai are the only masks in the colour aren't they? I LOVE Hewkii Mahri, one of my all-time favourite sets. The mask is an obvious choice for a Toa set in black and Keetorange but is just too unique. I think whatever I did with it I'd always just see Hewkii! Although that Elephantine MOC uses it and is great!

I've actually finished my toa now and will probably post it up tomorrow. Looked out ALL my keetorange parts before I started and actually had a good deal but it's only part of the colourscheme as I found it overpowered the black when used in big lumps...

Thanks Hasreadit! Toa build is finished and posted now, you can see it here > http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15648-toa-of-shadow-and-turaga/

Also here ;)

IMG_20141109_135322_zpse6cda2b5.jpg

It's awesome really awesome... He just looks nothing like a Toa, and doesn't really fit his next "masked" form although the moc is brilliant I love it

I know right? Because the Mahri masks looked just like the Inika ones didn't they :P Toa Vakama and Turaga Vakama had completely different masks too, they weren't even the same colour...

Remember this is a Toa of SHADOW, corrupted by Makuta, it's only logical that there will be some Rahi in his design. The Makuta created the Rahi too afterall... Besides, if I gave him the feet and mask off an Onua set would you still think he looked nothing like a Toa? Nothing like the Toa we've seen released in sets maybe but the whole point of a MOC is to produce something different to what we're used to getting from Lego. The core of Muntok can be classified as an Inika build but I would have been gutted if he ended up looking like one...

Thanks for your posts guys, glad you like it :)