Can any element be channeled through any Toa tool?

This should be a rather easy question to answer: Can any element be channeled through any Toa tool? Example, could Vakama have picked up Matau's aero slicers and shoot flame from them? I'm pretty sure that is the case, but BS01 didn't say and I wanted to be sure.

Bonus question while we're on the subject of Toa tools: Can any object be used to channel elemental powers? It would seem so since Vakama used his mask making tool in the LOMN novel. So how far down the ladder does it go? Can a stick be used as a Toa tool, or do you need something more robust?

• Upvote 1

796145519_BZPLotBLogo.png.6d877ccaba9a07cee599cd162e7da3e9.png

Library Topic ^ Credit to Llortor for the custom Nuva Symbols

Probably one specific instance that would show it would be in LoMN, right after Vakama and Co. have been turned into Toa, they choose their own weapons from like, a random box of Toa tools or something. (Key word being "choose", anyone could've chosen any tool.)

• Upvote 2
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

6. Something I've been wondering about, concerning Toa tools. If I recall correctly, you've said that a Toa can use another Toa's tool, but at a greatly reduced level of control and power.

My question is, what about the Toa Metru? They selected their Toa tools from a collection of tools in the Suva. Did each Toa's tool become bound to that Toa at the moment they selected the tool, or was it a gradual process as they used and became familiar with their tools?

Just as a batter gets used to using a particular bat, a Toa bonds with his/her tool over time.

I'll start with this. :) Any power can be focused, but it may be more difficult at first.

20. Wouldn't Vakama Hordika have trouble adapting to a completely new set of Toa Tools?Twin swords are quite different from a disk launcher.

ANSWER: He might, yes.

7. Does a Toa Tool have to be specialy made to be able to focus its user's elemental powers, or will just about any tool do the job?

7) Doesn't have to be specially made

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

I think that summarizes it, with the note that different Toa Tools would be used in different ways; Tahu Nuva's Flame Swords would be used to slice flames or pierce, while Nokama Metru's Hydro Blades could be thrown about to form shields or attack from odd angles. A Toa would both learn how to use the tool mechanically, and how best to channel their energy through it; a TOa would be less effective when using an unfamiliar Tool for both reasons.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Some tools like Vakama's disk launcher may not be as effective though, as most elements couldn't produce a jetpack.

I'm sure it could be done with water and air obviously.

Imagine Nuju putting it on and flying around Metru Nui like a flying snow machine.

"Ho ho ho Merry Christmas!"

Inb4 its only november.

• Upvote 6

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

It's confirmed that Vakama learned to channel fire power through his hands. Pohatu could have done the same. Or he could have learned to channel it through the feet additions on his feet. Or both.

Or his hump. Any body part really.
  • Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Probably his feet add-ons. Or his hands.

Did we ever get to know for sure his Toa Tool?

They were my feet additions. Often times I just used my hands, though. Since my kick was so powerful, my Toa tools were on my feet. But now I get real weapons! You know that stormerangs are cool.

• Upvote 4

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Some tools like Vakama's disk launcher may not be as effective though, as most elements couldn't produce a jetpack.

If I'm not mistaken, Vakama's jetpack is a secondary ability of the weapon itself, which means it would have worked the same even if a non-Toa had it.

• Upvote 2

796145519_BZPLotBLogo.png.6d877ccaba9a07cee599cd162e7da3e9.png

Library Topic ^ Credit to Llortor for the custom Nuva Symbols

It's confirmed that Vakama learned to channel fire power through his hands. Pohatu could have done the same. Or he could have learned to channel it through the feet additions on his feet. Or both.

So Toa of Plasma could have laser eyes? :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

No, that would be Toa of Light. IIRC, lasers are the purview of light, and not a power of plasma. 

Also, note that Tahu could not do heat vision with just his fire power. So I tend to doubt Greg would approve laser vision for Light Toa. 

• Upvote 2

No, that would be Toa of Light. IIRC, lasers are the purview of light, and not a power of plasma.

Also, note that Tahu could not do heat vision with just his fire power. So I tend to doubt Greg would approve laser vision for Light Toa.

And let's be fair, channeling heat or light through your eyes, or even the areas of the face around the eyes, would effectively blind you.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

If I'm not mistaken, Vakama's jetpack is a secondary ability of the weapon itself, which means it would have worked the same even if a non-Toa had it.

No, I think it can only do that when Vakama channels fire through it - but that'd be hilarious. Nuju chooses the disk launcher instead of his snowshoes, and accidentally brings a flamethrower into Ko-Metru.
  • Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

No, I think it can only do that when Vakama channels fire through it - but that'd be hilarious. Nuju chooses the disk launcher instead of his snowshoes, and accidentally brings a flamethrower into Ko-Metru.

LOL or if it works the other way around and he's in the middle of a sticky situation and all that comes out is snow.

I imagine there are certain requirements when it comes to durability. Like, a fire Toa could channel his powers through a wooden stick if he wanted to, but it would be a one-use weapon. Maybe an air Toa or Toa of the green could make better use of it. 

Come to think of it, though, MoL Vakama was portrayed with a wooden staff. Perhaps he only channeled his powers through the head of it.

• Upvote 2

I imagine there are certain requirements when it comes to durability. Like, a fire Toa could channel his powers through a wooden stick if he wanted to, but it would be a one-use weapon. Maybe an air Toa or Toa of the green could make better use of it. 

Come to think of it, though, MoL Vakama was portrayed with a wooden staff. Perhaps he only channeled his powers through the head of it.

I think you can channel an elemental energy through something without affecting it. Fire elemental energy doesn't become fire until the Toa wills it.

• Upvote 1