Bionicle 2015 Set Discussion is Live

The yellow rahkshi is the Rahkshi of heat vision!

How do you post questions that Andrew can answer in the video?

People were commenting in either the YouTube or Google+ comments sections.

Which was kind of weird... Most livestreams I've seen on YouTube have a continuously updating comment feed a-la Twitch's. Don't know if that was a setting that needed flipped (either by host or on my end heh) or YouTube's changed things again...

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk
  • Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I missed this one! I lost the time by fiddling with my new Vinyl needle - great quality. Anyways, will there be any more future livestreams or is this jut a one time thing? Bzpower should host monthly livestreams! Call it "Bionistream"

...that was really bad...

I'm pretty sure there will be more livestreams in the future, especially with Bionicle returning next year. This isn't the first livestream that they've done. They did a Ninjago one not too long ago, plus a couple other ones. I believe recordings of those can be found in the video section on the BZP Youtube channel if you are interested in seeing them. 

Edit: I also missed this livestream. But I'll catch the recording of it sometime next week if I have the time.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Sorry to have missed this live, I'll have to watch it in the next couple of days. Quick question though: how did so-and-so-member become a set Reviewer for BZP? Is that an exclusive by-invite-only type position, based on x-factor, activity, etc. Mostly just curious because I haven't seen much about it in my time here (though memory escapes me from time to time).

Love that you guys did this!

Aww, you didn't give away any free stuff  :P Oh well.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stream.  I was a bit apprehensive about the new sets (probably a mixture of the price and the fact that they were different than I was used to), but this stream helped me appreciate them a bit more.  I probably won't buy them all because of budgetary reasons, but I'll at least pick up a couple of them.  Now, I just need to decide which ones...

Need some laughs? Stop by my newest comedy, Story 2!

Or, check out my entry for the Triple Insanity Pole Vault: Raiders of the Lost Bucket!

Or (yes, I enjoy giving you options) stop by Parody Corner: The complete library for more information on all my comedies:

Parody Corner| MoL: The Musical | B2: The Musical | WMiiA | WMoLiiA | What If? | McTahu's | Story! | Story 2!

Really enjoyed watching this livestream, even though I arrived like ten minutes late. It kept me up pretty late as well, but I think it was well worth it, and the fact that I'm up at a reasonable hour this morning and feel well-rested tells me I might not have needed the extra sleep anyhow.

Sorry to have missed this live, I'll have to watch it in the next couple of days. Quick question though: how did so-and-so-member become a set Reviewer for BZP? Is that an exclusive by-invite-only type position, based on x-factor, activity, etc. Mostly just curious because I haven't seen much about it in my time here (though memory escapes me from time to time).

Love that you guys did this!

All of the reviewers for BZP are BZP staff. There was one other member in the stream who had several of the sets and isn't BZP staff, but that's because he was a special guest from Eurobricks who has been doing their Bionicle 2015 reviews.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So I realized this morning that through the confusing thing that is Google+/Hangouts/YouTube it ended up using my personal account instead of the BZPower account to do the stream. That's probably why we had some problems at first. I've re-uploaded the video to YouTube on BZPower's channel and you can check it out here once it's done processing.

I missed this one! I lost the time by fiddling with my new Vinyl needle - great quality. Anyways, will there be any more future livestreams or is this jut a one time thing? Bzpower should host monthly livestreams! Call it "Bionistream"

We will have more sets to review soon, so you can probably count on more live streams!

Quick question though: how did so-and-so-member become a set Reviewer for BZP? Is that an exclusive by-invite-only type position, based on x-factor, activity, etc. Mostly just curious because I haven't seen much about it in my time here (though memory escapes me from time to time).

VBBN is the Action Figure Forum moderator on Eurobricks and is one of the judges in the Battle for the Gold Mask contest. LEGO was kind enough to send him the sets too, so we figured we should invite him on to get more opinions.
  • Upvote 1

Quick question though: how did so-and-so-member become a set Reviewer for BZP? Is that an exclusive by-invite-only type position, based on x-factor, activity, etc. Mostly just curious because I haven't seen much about it in my time here (though memory escapes me from time to time).

VBBN is the Action Figure Forum moderator on Eurobricks and is one of the judges in the Battle for the Gold Mask contest. LEGO was kind enough to send him the sets too, so we figured we should invite him on to get more opinions.

Indeed, and the rest of the sets that are being sent to BZP are also on their way to me. While Andrew, Pat and Aaron talked their individual sets in detail, I tried to focus in on the three sets together and any points of comparison that maybe couldn't be done by the other three. If we do another livestream I'd be happy to do a similar stance with the rest of the sets. 

I'm also going to try to take a picture of all of the sets together since it would be the first picture taken of everything, but I'm going to need a bigger backdrop...

And as a recap, the stream was good fun!- I don't think "nostalgia" even begins to describe all of our excitement with these sets. 

• Upvote 2

So like, am I the only one who has no idea where the Trans-Red Hau came from? I know the clear one is from Comic-Con and the Red and Gold ones are from the set, but the trans-red one?

Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

So like, am I the only one who has no idea where the Trans-Red Hau came from? I know the clear one is from Comic-Con and the Red and Gold ones are from teh set, but the trans-red one?

DeeVee got it, together with a bunch of other parts, as gifts from LEGO when he was helping them to plan the New York Comic Con events. He's actually had them for a couple months, but the arrangement involved signing a non-disclosure agreement so he wasn't able to talk about them until after NYCC.

Here's a picture of many of the parts he got while under the NDA, along with many of the parts he got while at NYCC.

So like, am I the only one who has no idea where the Trans-Red Hau came from? I know the clear one is from Comic-Con and the Red and Gold ones are from teh set, but the trans-red one?

DeeVee got it, together with a bunch of other parts, as gifts from LEGO when he was helping them to plan the New York Comic Con events. He's actually had them for a couple months, but the arrangement involved signing a non-disclosure agreement so he wasn't able to talk about them until after NYCC.

Here's a picture of many of the parts he got while under the NDA, along with many of the parts he got while at NYCC.

Oh wow! That's pretty cool. Do you think it'll be the same deal as the clear Hau, where they'll be in giveaways in stuff or its gonna just be a really rare mask that Lego gives out at events occasionally?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Oh wow! That's pretty cool. Do you think it'll be the same deal as the clear Hau, where they'll be in giveaways in stuff or its gonna just be a really rare mask that Lego gives out at events occasionally?

According to Deevee it's a non-production part, meaning there are no plans to produce, sell, or distribute them (they were most likely test molds used to test whether the part had been engineered correctly or if further adjustments were needed). So no, there's not likely to be another chance to get one.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

According to Deevee it's a non-production part, meaning there are no plans to produce, sell, or distribute them (they were most likely test molds used to test whether the part had been engineered correctly or if further adjustments were needed). So no, there's not likely to be another chance to get one.

Dang, that's too bad. Kudos to Deevee for getting them though, pretty lucky!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg