IC:

Ah, IVX. Never stop branching out.

ivx_camo.exe

> copy

> paste

> ivx_camo.exe already exists. save over iv-

> y

> *****

A phone rang behind him. Under his impassive stance and face, Slo's senses were on fire.

ivx_camo.exe

> run

"That's an Invisibility Cloak," he muttered in his best fake British accent, smiling to himself slightly as he walked through one door of a sandwich shop, bought a bag of chips to go with his burgers, and walked right out the other door.

>public broadcast service

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

USER: [??anomaly??] [admin] // IP: ???.***.***.****:*****

> KARANTIN-n.SIBERIA_706 PUBLIC BROADCAST SERVICE

> LAQUEARIA

> MEDIUS
> SOLUM

IVX Phoenixcore Firewall Release Version 3.55 Running

- - - - - - - - - - - -

IC

"Miss Carter, I hope you haven't decided to just take my money so graciously provided in advance and go frolicking with wanted men."
Edited by Perp

IC

> KARANTIN-n.SIBERIA_706 PUBLIC BROADCAST SERVICE - LAQUEARIA

> PUBLIC ADSPACE
> WATCHMAN ALERTS
> CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
> NEWS SERVICES

- - - - - - - - - - - -

IC

"Just checking in, Miss Carter - it would be a shame if I had to... recollect my money."
Edited by Perp

IC:

Slo sat down at a coffee shop, his profile facing the street, to try and piggyback on their Wi-Fi connection for a minute.

>Watchmen Alerts

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

> KARANTIN-n.SIBERIA_706 PUBLIC BROADCAST SERVICE - LAQUEARIA - WATCHMAN ALERTS

> JAMOWITZ-STROGANOFF-WANTED
> SIXTH_STREET_EVAC
> VIOLATOR_LEVEL2
> COLLISION_BIBLIOTECA_RD
> ARNOLDBAR&GRILL_EVAC
> VIOLATOR_LEVEL7
> VIOLATOR_LEVEL4
> ARMED_ROBBERY_2NDST

IC

> DISTRICT 1 offline
> DISTRICT 2 offline
> DISTRICT 3 offline

> DISTRICT 4 offline

> DISTRICT 5 offline

> DISTRICT 6 online

> DISTRICT 7 online

> DISTRICT 8 offline

> DISTRICT 9 offline

> DISTRICT 10 offline

> DISTRICT 11 offline

> DISTRICT 12 offline

> DISTRICT 13 offline

> DISTRICT 14 offline

- MODIFY - DELETE - SAVE - LOAD -

IC:

> Delete

> override_a

> override_b

Slo reached for his phone, already standing up to leave the coffee shop (leaving a ten ruble tip) and walking across the street towards a bar. Keying in the passcode to his phone, he flicked through two pages worth of apps before finding one of his IVX-grade IP scramblers and pressing down on the touchscreen.

[iP: ???.***.***.****.*****]

[iP: ???.***.***.????.?????]

[iP: ???.???.???.????.?????]

> y0k0n0

> *****

> Are you sure you want to delete?

> y

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

USER: [??anomaly??] [admin] // IP: ???.???.???.????:?????

V DISTRICT LISTING
   ------------------

- MODIFY - [DELETE] - SAVE - LOAD -

ACCESS TO PRIVATE FILES DENIED
ACCESS TO ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS DENIED

[ERROR] - LOGIN ?ANOMALY? DETECTED

[ERROR] - FIREWALL ACTIVE
[ERROR] - UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DETECTED

!!<TRACE BEGUN - 1%>!!

| ROUTING . . . |

[iP: ???.???.???.????:?????]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

IC

"I know of more ways to reach you than you probably know of. Goodbye, Miss Carter."
Edited by Perp

IC:

Slo and steady wins the race.

>cassius.exe

>>runon 'ivx phoenixcore'

>>butterfly/bee?

>>>butterfly

>Delete

>y0k0n0

>*****

> Are you sure you want to delete?

>>y

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

USER: [??anomaly??] [admin] // IP: ???.???.???.????:????? } cassius.exe running

> ITEM DELETED

//Back?//

- MODIFY - [DELETE] - SAVE - LOAD -

!!<TRACE UNDERWAY - 3%>!!

| ROUTING . . . |

[iP: ???.???.???.????:?????]

{ IVX Phoenixcore Firewall Release Version 3.55 Running } cassius.exe running

IC:

>logout

Slo, head positively buried in his tablet now and one hand skittering like a rabbit as he locked his phone in a practiced motion, pulled up the settings on his tablet.

>connection

>slonbeefsecurity on

>on/off?

>off

On both his screens, the bars dropped from 4, to 3, and then to blessed 'No service.'

Phew.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Depends. Who are you really, what are you lookin' to get, and why should I tell you where I'm goin'. Then we'll talk."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"I told you my real name." She replied with a grin. "As to what I'm looking for, it isn't you, dear. I have another job and well, if I know what you're doing I can determine if I should stay around you. Then again, you are wanted and you can't really do this..." She giggled as her red curls turned into long, chestnut hair.

IC:

I can't dye my hair? Sloan thought quizzically.

"Technically, you only gave me a first name. S'like saying, 'Hey, there, I'm Ben," and conveniently forgetting to add on the 'ito Mussolini.'" He blinked. "I'm Sloan Jamowitz. I run a security firm in Medius. See? That ain't hard."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: He's Going The Distance

He's going for Speed

She's all alone

(All alone)

All alone in her time of need

Exiting a short stretch of tunnel, Beef relished in the thrill of the open road, having taken a myriad of paths and side routes to shake their pursuer.

They seemed in the clear for now, but he made sure that Beth kept her head DOWN all the way until they got there.

You know the drill, erring on the side of caution.

As they passed a semi, casually doing 85, Beef recieved his first word from Slo since the split.

Names are clear.

-Slo

"Aruuuugala."

helo frens

IC                                                                                                                                     (friends?)

You worked through some paperwork. You talked around the water cooler with some co-workers. You organize your desk and pack your suitcase and grab your coat, saying goodbye and see you tomorrow to your co-workers. (friends? no)

It was a normal day for you, as the morrow will be a normal morrow for you.

...but close to it

IC:

Slo looked at the hand once and shook it, semi-warmly. "Friends call me Slo. S'pose 'til you prove yourself otherwise, you can do the same. If you're lookin' for some kind of in, not sure what I can do for you though. I ain't that kind of consultant...often."

He hailed a cab and paid with a few rubles to get dropped off about a block and a half from his safe house.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Introducing the News Bulletin - I'll be posting these every so often that will allow players to get up to date as to what's going on in and around Karantin, actively participate in local events, take jobs, and more.

IC: KARANTIN NEWS BULLETIN

TOPSIDE NEWS

BREAKING: Dozens of corporate Helicopters flood skies above Karantin, civilians told to refrain from interfering

>>> It seems as if every spare helicopter belonging to Spiritechnology and Core 9 have been dispatched in the sky above Karantin's topside city. An hour ago, eyewitness reports claimed Zeta Aerospace technicians were converging on the rooftops of the Uppercity, setting up equipment. When curious citizens approached, Watchmen Military Police promptly forced spectators to leave. One of these spectators shares what they saw:

"An' this guy was all like 'get outta here, I ain't sayin' it again.' I told him, 'hey buddy, no trouble, no trouble.' He was still eyein' me until I left fer sure. Scientist folk were settin' up some kind of satellite dish or somethin.' After I got back to m'room, I could see the helis out m'window. Like, swarms of'm."

It is as of yet unknown why this mobilization is taking place, but speculative sources seem to think Zeta may be tracking something from orbit. More to come as updates arrive.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

• Watchmen increase presence around Midcity venues, blockade walkways

>>> Earlier this morning, citizens were forced to leave the Midcity lounges and told to temporarily relocate to the Uppercity or Lowercity areas. Heavily-armed Watchmen were later spotted blocking access to walkways between buildings while patrols moved from lounge to lounge. The cause for this commotion is unknown, but Watchman Contractors Ltd. CEO Bryan Teach had this to say:

"First of all, we have dedicated, well-trained personnel working on this. It is not currently safe among the Midcity area, and I assure you that access to these areas will be restored by the end of the day. Thank you for your time."

He declined to answer follow-up questions.

• Massive Bake Sale held on Alyona Road (ground level), citizens flock to buy & sell

>>> Crowds have formed around the intersection of Alyona Road and Karadžić Avenue in response to a giant Bake Sale put on by local bakers. Alyona is known for its strangely large population of coffee shops and bakeries. One of the local venue owners, Katrina Lubov, comments on the purpose of the bake sale:

"We lost lot of business in winter; very cold this year, and construction on road... closed down for whole season! We don't know sell [sic] so we get together, decide, 'okay, we sell during spring, big sale, many people come.' So yes, now people come, and we all very happy."

UNDERGROUND NEWS

• Riot breaks out in Entertainment District, "situation under control," Laquearian officials say

>>> Since Corporate officials banned its release last year, many fans of the unreleased historical film "The World Before - How Did We Get Here?" have been lobbying for its release in theatres, hoping that Corporate would change its mind and allow it to play this year.

However, since the suspicious shutdown of the film studios responsible for the "The World Before" - Alpine Films - only last week, those same fans have gathered to protest Corporate's actions as of late. Watchmen were already on-site when we arrived, and barricaded access to the protestors, who were throwing bottles and cans at armor-clad Riot Police.

"The situation is under control here. Look, I'm real tired, I'm kinda P.O.'d 'cause one of my guys got a g------ faceful of glass... move along, wouldya?"

• Igneous Inc. holds 5th annual Auto Show in Solum's Yaroslava Event Centre

>>> For all fans of speed, the Igneous 5th Annual Auto Show is the place to be right now. Since its renovation two years ago, Yaroslava Event Centre has only seen two games of hockey, bringing in only meagre profits due to poor attendance. The event centre's curators were more than thrilled when the most reknowned vehicle manufacturer in the Club approached them to host the esteemed event. There is no shortage of attendance at the Auto Show, bringing Yaroslava much-needed profit and public attention.

"I've always loved Igneous' Ultralite designs, I can't wait to see where they take them in the future," one fan said.

Some attendees are a little less excited.

"The line goes out the f------ front door. It took me twelve hours to get in here! Twelve! And now I hear Igneous might pack up shop early because of some explosion on Karadžić? C'mon, give me a f------ break."

BREAKING: Medius catwalk collapse in Fifth Sector, 3 workers killed

>>> Reports are coming in that, only a few minutes ago, a catwalk in Medius' Fifth Sector detached from its supports and now lies on a lower catwalk. Sources say regularly-scheduled maintenance was being performed on the catwalk. Three Kasper New Series technicians have been killed as a result of the collapse. KNS on-site officials maintain that "protocol was being followed" and "nothing should've gone wrong." However, records from Laquearia's renovation twenty years ago show shoddy construction practices. More to come as updates arrive.

BOUNTIES

• WANTED - Dead or Alive - C. Vilnas - murder, assault with a deadly weapon - 3000r

• WANTED - Alive - Z. Spinelli - theft, sex offense - 1000r

• WANTED - Dead - J. Malkovich - arson, murder, jaywalking - 3000r

Edited by Perp
  • Upvote 3

IC: Petra - A burger place

Petra chewed on the burger as she browsed the news on her phone.

• Igneous Inc. holds 5th annual Auto Show in Solum's Yaroslava Event Centre

>>> For all fans of speed, the Igneous 5th Annual Auto Show is the place to be right now. Since its renovation two years ago, Yaroslava Event Centre has only seen two games of hockey, bringing in only meagre profits due to poor attendance. The event centre's curators were more than thrilled when the most renowned vehicle manufacturer in the Club approached them to host the esteemed event. There is no shortage of attendance at the Auto Show, bringing Yaroslava much-needed profit and public attention.

"I've always loved Igneous' Ultralite designs, I can't wait to see where they take them in the future," one fan said.

Some attendees are a little less excited.

"The line goes out the f------ front door. It took me twelve hours to get in here! Twelve! And now I hear Igneous might pack up shop early because of some explosion on Karadžić? C'mon, give me a f------ break."

Petra couldn't help but grin when she read the last quote. Looks like her handiwork had made quite the impression.

She scrolled further down.

"Now, what's this?"

Petra opened the news article that had caught her eye.

IC: KARANTIN NEWS BULLETIN

TOPSIDE NEWS

BREAKING: Dozens of corporate Helicopters flood skies above Karantin, civilians told to refrain from interfering

>>> It seems as if every spare helicopter belonging to Spiritechnology and Core 9 have been dispatched in the sky above Karantin's topside city. An hour ago, eyewitness reports claimed Zeta Aerospace technicians were converging on the rooftops of the Uppercity, setting up equipment. When curious citizens approached, Watchmen Military Police promptly forced spectators to leave. One of these spectators shares what they saw:

"An' this guy was all like 'get outta here, I ain't sayin' it again.' I told him, 'hey buddy, no trouble, no trouble.' He was still eyein' me until I left fer sure. Scientist folk were settin' up some kind of satellite dish or somethin.' After I got back to m'room, I could see the helis out m'window. Like, swarms of'm."

It is as of yet unknown why this mobilization is taking place, but speculative sources seem to think Zeta may be tracking something from orbit. More to come as updates arrive.

Spiritech? I wonder what they're up to now.

She tried to push the news out of her head, but it was no good. She needed to know more.

Petra scoffed down the remains of the burger and made her way to the nearest Lev Train heading topside.

IC: Karla - Forcibly evicted for the time being

Karla was angry.

After returning home, she had treated herself to a well-deserved bath and long nap.

Unfortunately, that was interrupted in the morning when the citizens were forced to leave the Midcity and told to temporarily relocate to the Uppercity or Lowercity areas. Those hooligan Watchmen were later blocking access to walkways between buildings.

She cursed under her breath as she decided to snoop around the perimeter of the blockade.

Maybe I can get some information out of the guards.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: Beth

Beth folded her arms behind her head and leaned back in the seat. She idly looked out the window and stared at the sky. It was funny--despite the fact that she was several hundred meters underground, the city lights that dotted the ceiling of the massive cavern that was subterranean Karantin almost looked to her like stars.

"Aruuuugala." 

Beef's voice snapped her out of her trance.

"Something happen?"

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC: "Slo got rid of the warrants on the two of us. Life just got a bit easier for the next couple of weeks." Beef explained as they pulled into the driveway, fishing the keys out of the glovebox.

"Make yourself at home." He said as he opened the door, whipping out his phone and texting a quick wu@ gimme a Dayo brother to Slo.

helo frens

IC:

Dayo brother. Nine minutes out, taking backroads w/taxi. Bringing bounty hunter 4 u, give her a 1-over when we get there. Careful - already a hit on cute cyborg chick. Lock down house soon as you get there

Sloan rubbed at the back of his head and gazed casually out the window.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME