RPG: Frostbite

IC

"Hmm there was this chick hanging around outside earlier... She looked like... Like the kind of people that you see making those deals. But look I'm a cocktail waitress and I heard what that thing said. If someone is trying to hurt you, count me out. Geez... You try to flirt with one guy. Excuse me." She mumbled as she put down some money to pay before heading toward the restroom.

. . . He's on to me... I know it.

She calmly walked into the restroom, heading into a stall, her hair changing from chestnut locks to long fire red hair. She then located a window, opening it, and slipping out of it and onto the street.

Now to get out of here...

IC:

Slo and steady wins the race.

After talking up a gameplan for leaving the building with Beef, and giving Bethany a few tips and telling her she was being too conspicuous at being inconspicuous, Slo decided that it was going to be infinitely harder to get out of the building than it would be getting in. Hiding Tate's face would only exacerbate the situation. They needed a mass retreat.

"Beef. Operation SuperSoaker. It's time."

Beef tapped his elbow twice and slammed it into the fire alarm.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The patrons of the Optic all panicked at once, dropping drinks and hopping out of their stools while the bouncers and security guards tried in vain to calm the tide of drunks and junkies spilling out the front doors.

Beth ducked her head down and swore loudly.

"This is your plan!?" she screamed over the blaring alarms.

IC: Cy

Cy's equipment check was interrupted by an alarm going off. He looked up at the Optic, saw the crowd gathering out front, and started booking it across the street towards the chaos.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC

Today is my lucky day, I guess. Finished a job, got a job, and now I can get away clean.... Just wished whoever did this had done it before I climbed out of that window.

Lavinia sighed and adjusted her clothes before casually walking out of the back alley and onto the street.

IC:

"Run. Run, and keep your head down." Slo put one hand on her arm and ducked behind Beef. The berserker half of the unit kissed his hand and slapped his elbow again emphatically before barreling forward, clearing a path for both of them through the horde of nightlifers. Bethany got in the backseat first while Beef jumped over the hood; Slo charged in through the open back door and skidded into the back seat. He could hear the fire alarm screeching even from across the parking lot.

"Drive," he told Beef, and gave Bethany his best "yeah-that's-our-plan-you're-in-good-hands" grin.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Just a bit, yeah!" Beef agreed happily, putting pedal to medal as he hastily (within probable cause) exited them from the scene of the crime, even as the radio roared back to life.

...wanna write me up for one
twenty-five
Post my face
Wanted Dead or Alive
Take my lisence, all that jive
I
Can't
Drive
FIFTY-FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Deuce (The Optic, Everything is Going Wrong)

When Lavinia walked away Deuce smiled, that sudden reaction had confirmed his suspicions. It explained why she had gotten so close, and her odd manner, all a ploy to throw the detective off his guard, but now the tables had turned. "Hey Yoshi," Deuce called off his comm, "By now I trust that you've worked your magic and are watching the place? That women who just walked in the bathroom, keep an eye on anyone leaving that bathroom, particularly from any back doors or back alleys. She's our mark, so let me know when she gets out. Oh and Kenshin stay on alert, you'll probably have to help in cornering her." 

No sooner had Deuce stated these words, did the fire alarm go off and he found himself caught up in the chaos. Why don't things ever go according to plan? Breaking into a run, Deuce took advantage of the confusion to slip into the women's restroom in pursuit of his target, and taking note of an open window leaped through it and into the alley. "Yoshi, which way did she go? Kenshin, keep an eye on the streets." 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"Well, if they shot up your apartment, it's safe to say that there's probably a marksman or two hunting for you, which means our office would leave us sitting ducks. My dad had a lot of buddies. One of them had a brother-in-law who owned a cabin up here, always unlocked in case one of his buddies needed a place to ride out his buzz. Pops drove me here once or twice when I was growing up. There's about four degrees of separation between any of us and this house, so if you're safe anywhere, it'd be there." Slo kissed his hand, as Beef had, and patted the roof of the car twice as if it were the sky. "Rest in peace, Fastowitz Jamowitz. Gone, but still savin' my ."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Just doin' the job, ma'am." Beef intoned professionally, making his right turn on red.

"Noooo problemo-- DICKHEAD!" He growled, somewhat less so, as a green sedan swerved into the lane in front of them with no blinker.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC:

"Don't worry 'bout a thing, Miss Tate," Slo purred over Beef's growl of road rage. "We'll keep things on lock for ya." 

He yawned and casually pushed blonde hair away from his almond-shaped eyes.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Adriana Oswell - Laquearia

The fire alarm in the Optic sounded and crowds started spilling out onto the streets.

Adriana scowled.

No matter, she thought, just zoom in on their vehicle and-

bzzt

The integrated optics of her spotting scope started glitching out, causing the correlated graphics in her Phantom's scope to warp and distort her view.

######

She looked over to the spotting scope. It was sparking occasionally and small wisps of smoke were flicking out from within the computerized chassis.

She promptly detached the scope from the hood of her bike and threw it over her shoulder, where it tumbled down to the street below before shattering into shards of glass and plastic.

IVX did a really ###### job at fixing that thing.

Quickly shutting off the digital display on her scope, she resumed her overwatch just in time to see the trio enter the car and speed off.

Her scowl deepened further as she stowed her rifle, shifted to Drive and began following them from her advantageous position a hundred metres above.

Edited by Perpetual Darkness

Kenshin Harken- Optic- Plan has Come Into Contact with the Enemy

IC: It was a good thing that Kenshin had reached his motorcycle by then. With a low roar the powerful vehicle started up and the retired soldier slowly began cruising the street, looking both for any  incoming cops and their quarry.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC James:

James sat at his desk, playing an old-fashioned game on his tablet. The game was virtually ancient, having been recreated countless times by nostalgic programmers. This one was one of the more faithful recreations. James suddenly gritted his teeth in frustration as the endgame message flashed on the Pac-Man recreation. James then opened his email. he was bored.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

"Northbound on the street just outside the Optic. Exited through a bathroom window. She's changed her hair color, redhead now." Yoshi relayed easily, as if he hadn't only moments before finished blowing through the club's security systems so quickly that their overseer was still wondering what happened. "I'll grab a traffic camera feed, as well. Might take a few moments longer."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Deuce (Streets, Chasing Down Lovelace) 

"Noted, thanks for the heads up." His information acquired, Deuce burst out into a run through the alley in the direction Yoshi had given him. On foot there was no normal human he couldn't catch. It wasn't long before he had reached the street and, with a quick glance down the street, caught sight of the culprit. "Kenshin, Yoshi, target is dead ahead, engaging. Oh and Kenshin, try and get here before I'm done." Breaking into another quick jog, no doubt startling a couple pedestrians, Deuce quickly ended up behind Lavinia before slowing back down to a walk. "You know, you ran away just when the case was getting interesting. Also nice hair, now shall we wrap this up?" 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Deuce (The Streets, Operation: To Catch a Lovelace?)

"Well that's quite rude of you, Ms. Lovelace," Deuce replied, a little confused at her feigned ignorance, it was like she was continuing to play dumb for no reason. At this point all signs pointed to her being the culprit, Deuce didn't think he'd screwed up and Yoshi had backed him, not to mention the change in hair color. "So, are we going to have to take you in for questions the easy way or the hard way?" 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC

"That's really threatening." She said as she stopped amidst a large crowd of people. "I... I... I really don't like how you're talking to me. You're scaring me." She said loudly, drawing attention to herself, her eyes tearing up a bit and her knees shaking.

Kenshin Harken- Chase?

IC: Without a word Kenshin kicked off the ground and sent the motorcycle roaring along the street for the short distance needed to reach Deuce and their quarry. Since he was on a vehicle and the other two were on foot for the moment, he decided to make use of his higher speed and looped around the location where his team mate had said they were.

"So, are we going to have to take you in for questions the easy way or the hard way?"

It was just as Deuce said this that the black clad private detective showed up on his motorcycle in front of the duo, stopping several yards in front of Lovelace and letting the bike idle.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kenshin Harken- Questioning?

IC: Kenshin spoke, the voice modulation mostly gone, with only a slight bit left to prevent anybody recording him from being able to use his voice for some nefarious deed.

"Mr. Goto has asked us to investigate a case of blackmail against him in which a woman fitting you description was the culprit. You have to admit jumping out a bathroom window as soon as we got suspicious it was you is not exactly-"

Aaaand there she went, off into the crowd in an attempt to commit homicide via angry mob...or at least slow them down if nothing else. This was Karantin though, and nobody lived here and did not pick up at least a little street smarts. Those few who cared about what was going on in this almost war torn upper layer of the city had fair idea of the old "Damsel in Distress routine. Some had probably even fallen victim to it at some point or another.

Whatever the case, Kenshin's words had placed enough of a doubt in the minds of the crowd to prevent them from rushing the pair of private detectives. Keeping his bike at a low pur, Kenshin moved through the crowd with Lovelace, talking.

"Certainly a couple questions would not hurt, right?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Deuce (Streets, Really Confused)

"Hey uh Delta, what just happened?" However if the A.I. had a response it did not voice, Deuce had a feeling that it would have sighed had it been capable of such sounds, that or perhaps it was just subtly calling him an idiot. Either way, the A.I. was not at all responsive towards Deuce's plight, the former freelancer was left to just awkwardly follow after Kenshin. There was a brief delay in his chase however, when he took note of an old lady in the crowd. 

"Mrs. Tchaikovsky," Deuce raised a hand in greeting, "Good to see you again, I trust your cat is doing well?" A few months back the gang had been hired to rescue a lost cat, the scars from the resulting encounter had been quite painful but every now and then Mrs. Tchaikovsky sent them a batch of cookies, so he considered it to have been well worth it. 

After receiving the old lady's well wishes and affirmation of Mr. Flufferbottom's well being, Deuce returned to the task at hand. With just a quick sprint he managed to catch up to Kenshin, "So, think things will be under control now? Also what just happened? That's the first time I've seen them not jump into fight or flight."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Kenshin Harken- Who Knows Anymore?

IC: Turning off his external speakers with a blink, Kenshin switched to the team's private channel.

"Its called playing the crowd. She was trying to play the victim and make us look like the bad guys, thereby turning this entire crowd into our enemies. Remember Deuce, a battleground can be just as much in the mind as in the flesh."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC

Lavinia ducked into a department store, changing her hair to a mousy brown color and buying a new coat. She ditched the old coat, changing into a black generic coat that many women wore in the city. Now she looked just like everyone else. She smiled to herself as she left the store, proud of herself for seemingly escaping the men.

As she walked, she tried to remember what they had been asking her about.

Mr. Goto... I barely even remember that... All I did was black mail him... But these guys seem to be the vigilante type, meaning they'll try to turn me in anyway, which is idiotic. I mean, I'm not bad, I just do what I'm paid to.

Kenshin Harken- Bemused

IC: Lavinia exited the building only to find Kenshin leaning against his bike on the outside curb. Apparently the female operative had assumed that the crowed would deal with them and totally ignored Deuce and Himself afterwards. It was probably one of the easiest tails Harken had ever been a part of.

After she entered the store, Yoshi had hacked the security system and made sure that she did not duck out a side door. Deuce seemed content to let Kenshin handle Lovelace, the younger man still somewhat confused at how she had acted.

Kid would need a neon flashing sign and both Yoshi and I yelling in his ear to recognize when somebody is flirting with him.

Aside from a slightly bemused face under his helmet, Kenshin showed no outward signs of what he was feeling as he looked right at the person they had been chasing. New hair and coat, an effective enough disguise assuming the person you were hiding from was not used to it. Lavinia still walked the same and her face was unchanged, enough for Kenshin to spot her.

"I don't have any problem with you, Miss Lovelace. All I need is whatever evidence you showed Mr. Gato and the name of the person who hired you."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kenshin Harken- Unbeleving

IC: A skeptical eyebrow rose behind the unblinking mask.

"I find that hard to believe. Nobody gets a reputation like yours and just forgets crucial information like that. You must at least have records."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kenshin Harken- Annoyed

IC: "I never said it was at your house. I have no idea where you would keep your records. However it does seem pretty foolish not to keep some sort of blackmail material on your employers to make sure they don't try to off you after the job is done."

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

A Watchmen squad car pulled up to the crowd and flashed its sirens. A fire truck and ambulance trailed behind. All three vehicles parked and their occupants spilled out, parting the mob of confused clubbers. Most of the patrons had already headed home, so the cops didn't have much trouble herding them out of the streets to make way for the other emergency vehicles that quickly arrived on the scene. They started questioning people--the ones that hadn't fled at the first siren, at least. 

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png