Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

Jayar remained skeptical. "I highly doubt it even leads anywhere at all, though. That even brief blizzard was only cover for an escape - they would have had no reason to continue it once they were out of our sight. I guess it can't hurt to check, though." That said, he began to pace around the frosted ground, examining it closely on the off chance there actually was some real direction or trail away.

Surely enough, there was none. "No, it doesn't lead anywhere," he confirmed. It was somewhat of a relief - that would have been too convenient, too likely a red herring, and possibly too likely to trick his anxious comrades. "So we need another lead - like these odd disturbances," he concluded, stopping to examine another rocky upset identical to the first - this one at the site of the Su-Toa.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Krieveks - Thinking

Join... them? In... music? I.. Like a band?

"Sssss...." I began, hissing a sentence. Should I? Shouldn't I?

No. I only play on my own. "S-Stupid rahk... Can't you tell I only play alone...?"

It hurt me on the inside, somehow. Saying that. It felt awful.

But I walked away.

Cuutuk - Astonished

"S-Stupid rahk... Can't you tell I only play alone...?" the other rahk said, walking away after a pause. Cuutuk didn't know how to respond. His darling just leveled and some angry rahk just walked away. What was he to do?

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

IC: Era - Forest of Kaam.

"I can hear... something," I finally straightened, pointing out into the forest, "Out there, where Kat and Cao were searching for the Ko-Toa. It sounds like... metal."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

Fang's scowl deepened as Jayar explained his evidence. That was their one chance at finding Kat...

And then, Era spoke up. "Might as well..." he grumbled as he followed along.

IC: Melody - Cauldron

Melody slumped a little. "G-good luck..." she muttered after the retreating Rahk.

IC: Canvas - Refectory

Well that was a dead end. Canvas had been so hopeful, but they were no better off than ten minutes ago. She found her way back to her companion. "Nothing. Maybe we should... uh, you okay?" Dormirahk was looking a little worse for wear, seemingly on the verge of passing out.

OOC: I don't know if you were going to say anything Pohatu, but it'd been a week, so...

Edited by Click

GM IC Kaam:

As the group crept through the forest, wary of more attacks, they soon came upon the source of the sound.

Laying haphazardly against a tree was a warhammer, a branch blowing on the wind kept striking against it.

At the base of the tree was the same sort of disturbance in the ground as had been in the clearing. This one was larger, clearly to accommodate two Rahkshi.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Cuutuk - finally alone with Melody

Cuutuk took his partner's hands, looking her straight in the eyes. "You leveled up? Melody, that's fantastic! I'm so glad!" he said, gently pulling her into a hug. "That's amazing. I'm glad it was good news instead of some crazy heat flash or something..."

Kreiveks - lucky

Good luck? With what? She was definitely someone of interest with some interesting things to say. Maybe I could... No, that other rahk, stupid bright green idiot guy, he wouldn't let me near her to talk to her. I'd have to get her alone to have a good conversation. If I can manage one.

IC: Dormirahk - Refectory

"Canvas, I..." Dormirahk put a hand to their faceplates. "I think I may have to lie down for a bit. I'm falling asleep again." Dormirahk sighed tiredly. "I was hoping I was finally free of my constant sleepy episodes, but I guess that was too optimistic on my pa-"

Suddenly, Dormirahk felt a jolt shoot through their body, and with their eyes flying open and their posture becoming evidently panicked, they looked over to the corner of the Refectory, where they could have sworn someone was watching them. Realizing there was no one there, at least no one they hadn't noticed on the way into the Refectory, Dormirahk relaxed a smidge, turning to Canvas again. "And now I'm hallucinating too. I definitely need to rest."

IC: Uunrak - Refectory

Finishing my slop, I looked over at the kind guide who'd shown me around so far. I realized it was a question I needed answered sooner than later, so working up the nerve, I went ahead and asked. "I uh... I hope this isn't a rude question to ask, but... what did the guy on your shoulder do?" My eyes, exuding curiosity, fixated on the rahkshi head on Grim's shoulder for emphasis.

IC: Rōzu - Causeway

Although she'd only flown across this once before, she proved quite capable at navigating around the stone pillars of the causeway, giving Rider a real challenge to keep up with her.

IC: Helkyrie - Library

"So this is what I could find on fishing poles." Helkyrie said as she slammed a stack of books on a table which she and Lucid were standing by. "So... do we start with 'Fishing for Recreation and Practical Needs', or do we go with 'Various Hunting Tool Schematics - Collected by Arigiik the Farstepped'? There's also 'The Comprehensive Codex of Food Acquisition Techniques in The Matoran Universe by Ga-Metru Educational Publishing' in case they have anything useful..."

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

As they came to the scene of the crime, there was only one thing Fang saw. He rushed up to the tree to grasp the warhammer, whispering "Kat..."

"Oh!" With little warning, Melody found herself pulled into a hug. She couldn't help but giggle at his enthusiasm and return the hug. "Y-yeah, me t-too."

Canvas took a half step back. "Yeah, uh... you should do that. I'll track down the Prefects."

IC: Snake - Kaam

I follow the others, weapons bared in case of a surprise attack. As we enter the clearing, my pulse quickens - Fang's movement only exacerbates this as I worry that every pace away from the group increases the risk of a swooping attack which will pluck one of my allies into the forest's shadows. I force myself to focus, regimenting my thoughts into militaristic order: I walk over to the mound-like structures.

I'd heard the others call our attackers 'toa', a descriptor I'd only ever seen applied to diagrams in thin-leaved, heavy-bound books before now. Of course we learnt about the toa on a few occasions, and their elemental affinities are well-documented. But someone manipulating ice, the green or radiant matter wouldn't have been able to buckle the earth like this. There must have been a fourth toa, an Onu-Toa.

I think back to the disappearance desperately, remembering the swirling snow I'd assumed had carried away our attackers and friends. Then I remember the mutated earth where the toa had been standing. Then it dawns on me, and the words spill out of my mouth in rapid succession.

"They are underground!" I hiss, "Their earth manipulator has pulled them underground under the cover of that blizzard, and this disturbance must be as a result of...a tunnel, yes!" Eyes wide, I gesture to the mound: "If we can trace its path from above, it'll lead us to them. Or...we could even go in the tunnel but...well, I'm not sure if that's the best idea when they have an earth manipulator."

Kathok

IC: Rider - With Rozu

Mucus and a bit of vomit spat out my mouth.

Taken aback, I fell midflight, towards the ocean beneath.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

IC: Crate - Time for a new victim

Hate.

Such an overused and strong word, really.

People can hate their weapons.

People can hate their pets.

People can hate their karzing bedrooms.

No-one who says they hate something actually means it.

And I mean it when I say that I feel both a feeling of rage and legitimate hate to the electric bookworm that had embarassed me.

They've not seen the last of me, yet, that's for sure.

For now, I decide to roam the hallways, possibly to the gym.

Could use a little bit of exercise.

OOC: Open for interaction

IC: Paladin - That's a little bit better

My body had ceased to ache for the most part, with no short amount of help from the nurse.

She had also kindly cleaned most of the green fluid that had leaked from my face and rest of my body.

Glass had been the first competitor in a very long time to truly give me a hard time in terms of physical combat.

That was to be respected, for sure. Slif, also, was someone I had previously underestimated and had fought well. Perhaps the rahkshi at this school were better trained than I had assumed.

Their discipline, however...

I chuckled to myself.

I bowed to Palma, and thanked her for her wonderful work at patching up my battle wounds, and set off for the gym. Glass was currently doing combat with whoever had won the other duel, and I decided I desired to watch the rest of the duel, if possible.

I entered the gym, just in time to observe Glass and Exxan appearing to...level up?

Leveling was something I had forgotten, if I am honest with myself.

As interesting as that was, something else caught my eye. A rather radiant, lordly looking rahkshi watching the fight. Besides him stood the small blue and yellow thug who had carried me to the infirmary.

It then occured that I was still without a lord to serve.

I strode my way over, looking as proper and as knight-like as possible.

OOC: Paladin attempting to interact with Thurisaz

IC Grim:

They gestured to the head on their shoulder.

"This? The fool tried to incite open rebellion against the former Headmaster. Myself and a few others captured and brought him to the Headmaster for questioning, after which we were instructed to kill him. I did so, and took his head plates as an example to others."

IC Diode:

Well that was mildly bothersome. Why had they even bothered mentioning it?

She shook his head. No matter.

"Would... You care to join me....?"

Cuutuk - Happy

He pulls away from the hug, and then pulls out his ukulele. "Well? Shall we play now that we have our privacy?" he says, sitting just on the edge of the cave entree way. He plucks a progression, clearing his voice a bit.

Melody, Melody, play me something

Now that we are alone

It's just you and me, for the evening

It's our time we own...

He played sweetly, hissing soft notes as he somewhat serenaded his... partner? He hadn't discussed any of that with her. Nothing of love.

He'd bring it up later.

Kriev - In the causeway

My stomach rumbled. Hungry again.

"Refectory... better go get some food..." I mumbled under my breath, shoulders raised a bit because I felt uncomfortable and angry.

It was that seashell rahk. I... Man I'm hungry....

Like... it's a different kind of hunger, though. Being a rahk of hunger you'd think I'd know the cause. It was like, a want. A need, even. Something more than food that needs to fill a void. Something... emotional. Oh don't even think that, no... I liked her. A lot. She was cute. I'm going to take her from that green idiot.

"Look, you took care of me earlier, now it's my time to take care of you. Come on, let's go to your dorm." She grabbed him by one arm and attempted to drag him away.

IC: Garrotte - Courtyard

Her eyes flicked back and forth between Diode and the dirt where she had sat moments ago. "You... tend to the plants?"

She giggles, and soon her flute plays an accompaniment to his song, weaving the high, flowing notes with his sweet.

IC: Illusive - Headmaster's Office.

It felt good to be home.

Not so long ago, I hadn't ever thought I'd feel good again. Nor had I thought of Corpus Rahkshi as home. 

But here I was, alighting at the foot of the Chirox Causeway and striding back into the cold, comforting corridors of the academy. I'd already wasted more time than necessary lingering in Malebranche, so I decided to head directly to Icarax's office, pausing only to drop off the small bag containing my spoils in my dorm, and instruct my Matoran to eat some of the food I'd brought back with me. 

Once my dorm had been safely locked behind me, I hurried the rest of the way to Icarax's office. The Porters guarding the door stepped aside to let me pass, as they'd been instructed to do, and I stepped up to the imposing entrance, knocking once on the stone doors. 

IC: Geuua - Library.

Whistling softly to myself, I made my way to the library. It had been a while since I'd sat down and had a good read, and after the chaos of the tournament, now felt like a good time to relax and unwind a little. 

IC: Vyper - Gym.

Having grown decidedly bored of my fruitless hunt, I'd returned to my usual hunting ground to find... something unexpected. 

Chain Lightning Rahkshi. Two swords. Purple eyes. It's her.

I wasn't sure why the sight of my older sister caught me so off-guard. I'd known she was in the school somewhere. I'd anticipated the possibility of encountering her. I'd been planning to simply ignore her. I wasn't interested in being her friend, or her enemy. I wasn't going to demean my own talents and accomplishments by trying to compare myself to her.

But now that I could see her... I wasn't so sure. From her multitude of children, from dozens of broods, Mother had singled out only the two of us. There had to be a reason for that. And, despite my own misgivings, a part of me wanted to understand that reason.

I kept my distance for now, observing, like I would with any other target. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Cuutuk - Playing to Melody

He stands, singing triumphantly against her light flute and his own loud strumming.

Even the mightiest rahkshi could not bring us apart!

With us together, be a concord wherever!

He then stands next to her, twanging chords quietly as his hiss softens.

To teach them the things of the heart~

Kriev - Refectory

"Give me triple. Don't tell me you can't." I say, putting the plate up for food. I needed it. Now.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Well, this is going to end about as badly as I expected. Compared to being lacerated by a whirling storm of broken glass, burned by high-level rahkshi plasma, or buried alive in a tunnel collapse, being body-slammed by a chain lightning rahk making judicious use of their powers was far from the most painful thing I'd endured... but it still karzing hurt

Agony exploded through me, a paroxysm of pain that threatened to overwhelm every nerve ending in my body. He drove me back a few steps before I managed to dig in my feet, preventing him from simply shoving me all the way out of the arena.   

Clenching my jaw to keep from crying out, I tried to push back with my powers, hoping to blast Glass away from me. 

IC: Glass

Another blast of air, this one stronger than the last, forced Glass off of Exxan before he could get a good grip on the vacuum Rahk.

Just need to get in another good rush...

Deciding not to repeat the previous attack, Glass changed weapons to his shorter staff and stepped back into melee range, electrifying the staff and going on the offensive, sweeping the weapon in front of him as he continually moved towards Exxan. The previous attacks might have weakened him enough that he would be unable to dodge the extremely close strikes forever.

GM IC Corpus:

The Rahkshi of Corpus Acadamy were a tough bunch. They had to be, given their lot in life. A military school was hardly the ideal place for a developing young mind, and yet it was the one they found themselves subject to every day. Their lives, even in this place, were each unique; every one had their own story and experiences.

For some, those experiences had finally come to a head.

Across the campus, student after student experienced the telltale nausea and undignified mucus overflow that signaled a level up.

Rider. Lucid. Rail. Tube. Canvas. Melody. Gaever.

And finally, Glass, and Exxan.

Another blast of air, this one stronger than the last, forced Glass off of Exxan before he could get a good grip on the vacuum Rahk.

Just need to get in another good rush...

Deciding not to repeat the previous attack, Glass changed weapons to his shorter staff and stepped back into melee range, electrifying the staff and going on the offensive, sweeping the weapon in front of him as he continually moved towards Exxan. The previous attacks might have weakened him enough that he would be unable to dodge the extremely close strikes forever.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

As Glass switched weapons, I prepared to- Oh karz... I coughed, gagging on a mouthful of fetid bile. Inside my suit, my kraata squirmed, fluid oozing from its pores as it underwent its unexpected, uncomfortable evolution. Why now? Glass' staff swipe caught me in the lower ribs, the sudden jolt of electricity sending a spasm of pain through my already-shaken system. 

I crumpled, tumbling hard onto the hard, sandy floor near the platform edge.

I forced my aching body to roll onto its side, while I finished coughing up the putrid mess of phlegm and mucus that was building up within my kraata case and faceplates. Desperate not to let the fight end in such a humiliating way, I drew Blossom from its sheath and swiped it across the floor, hoping that the explosion of illusory petals would obscure Glass' view of me long enough for me to try to get back on my feet. 

Striding into the office, I knelt on the floor, letting the doors swing shut behind me. I wasn't sure if Icarax was planning to question me properly, or simply rip whatever information he wanted directly from my mind, but either way, I was going to show the proper deference this time. 

GM IC Icarax:

The Headmaster stood across the room, seemingly in thought, regarding Nynrah as if it were a particularly disgusting boil that he wished to be rid of through the single window in the office. 

"You have been gone quite some time. I expect you have brought me information equivalent to your time spent away."

He did not turn to look at Illusive.

I was right, I thought, keeping both my physical expression and mental 'tone' as neutral as I could manage. I didn't want him to mistake my confidence for smugness. Xara went to Malebranche. There were others with her. They were involved in some kind of... incident... at the residence of a prolific smithy in the Gold Quarter... someone named Grossh. That's the last anyone in Malebranche saw of them, as far as I know.

I'd been assured of my success when I'd come here, but now, in the headmaster's presence, my confidence was waning. I'd completed my mission, gathered all the information I could. If Icarax saw fit to dig through my mind again, he'd know that. I just hoped it would be enough. 

It won't be.

There it was. The voice. The doubt. My personal madness, clawing its way back to the forefront of my mind. I no longer thought of it as Silencer's voice - he was dead and gone and buried - and this voice no longer sounded like his. It was more like my own... or at least, what I imagined that my voice would sound like... but filled with spite, twisted with cruelty and callousness. 

Get out of my head! I'm done with you!

But I'm not done with you.

Returned? I frowned, but didn't let the thought linger. It's wasn't my business, or my problem. 

The rumours I overheard were... inconsistent. I replied, Four to six others, maybe. The one responsible for the damage to the smithy's property was a plasma rahk, but the description didn't match anyone I know. I'm unsure about the others involved.

GM IC Icarax:

"Are you so naive as to believe that others cannot change their appearance, as you did, I wonder?"

He did not wait for a response, turning his gaze to Illusive.

"I will be presenting your peers with an assignment to test their abilities soon. You will use this time to observe, make your conclusion on who the Plasma Rahk is. Then return to me."

Very well. I tried to hide my disappointment - a vain effort when you were dealing with a Makuta. 

GM IC Corpus:

The Rahkshi of Corpus Acadamy were a tough bunch. They had to be, given their lot in life. A military school was hardly the ideal place for a developing young mind, and yet it was the one they found themselves subject to every day. Their lives, even in this place, were each unique; every one had their own story and experiences.

For some, those experiences had finally come to a head.

Across the campus, student after student experienced the telltale nausea and undignified mucus overflow that signaled a level up.

Rider. Lucid. Rail. Tube. Canvas. Melody. Gaever.

And finally, Glass, and Exxan.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

As Glass switched weapons, I prepared to- Oh karz... I coughed, gagging on a mouthful of fetid bile. Inside my suit, my kraata squirmed, fluid oozing from its pores as it underwent its unexpected, uncomfortable evolution. Why now? Glass' staff swipe caught me in the lower ribs, the sudden jolt of electricity sending a spasm of pain through my already-shaken system. 

I crumpled, tumbling hard onto the hard, sandy floor near the platform edge.

I forced my aching body to roll onto its side, while I finished coughing up the putrid mess of phlegm and mucus that was building up within my kraata case and faceplates. Desperate not to let the fight end in such a humiliating way, I drew Blossom from its sheath and swiped it across the floor, hoping that the explosion of illusory petals would obscure Glass' view of me long enough for me to try to get back on my feet. 

Striding into the office, I knelt on the floor, letting the doors swing shut behind me. I wasn't sure if Icarax was planning to question me properly, or simply rip whatever information he wanted directly from my mind, but either way, I was going to show the proper deference this time. 

"Gurrrgh!" The uncontrollable and rather sudden build-up of mucus stopped Glass in his tracks, forcing him to the floor.

Arghhh... what the karz!?

Is he... urr... doing that?

Glass tried to push himself up, and despite the nausea that washed over his senses like some fetid marshwater, he couldn't help but feel... stronger.

This... seems like something we read once

No way, you mean evolving?

Spotting Exxan rolling away, Glass took the chance to open his Kraata shell ever so slightly, letting some of the mucus out. It helped the nausea, but just barely.

He's got his sword out. We can figure this out later.

Glass couldn't help but grin. The fight was escalating nicely, a perfect build-up for this fight.

Yeah, I don't think that's the focus here.

But it is pretty cool, ain't it?

Not the nausea and mucus, I hope.

Glass drew Terrortooth and slowly got up, holding himself in guard position and wary of the illusory petals. For all he knew this strange feeling was Exxan's doing too, and he didn't want to go in like a Kane-Ra again if that were the case.

OOC edit: oh hey new member title after 3500 posts

Edited by NorikSigma

I got to my feet, leaning up against one of the pillars to support myself. Across from me, Glass seemed to be recovering from a level-up of his own, and had drawn his crazy buzzsaw weapon as well. Well, this should be interesting.

Slipping Blossom back into its sheath, I struck out with my powers, aiming to knock Terrortooth out of Glass' hand. 

Her own melody fades out to make way for his grand notes, and she looks up at him smiling. Then, she picks up again as his voice quiets, playing a soft, wavering tune as she waited for whatever came next.

"Well," she glances at Vlad, "we were on our way to the Refectory, but as the slop is disgusting and we intended to meet others, perhaps assisting you in your second rate efforts may be just what I require."

IC Diode:

Second rate...?

She supposed the term was not inaccurate, though perhaps not the most tactful way of putting things. Still...

"Sheesh, you're lucky I'm not an easily offended type, saying things like that. To be honest, there's not much to do, just removing unwanted growth, dead or diseased flowers, and the like. I would help replant, but they seem awfully insistent to do it themselves..."

No... can't lose this thing.

Glass held on tight to his weapon and moved in. He moved his free arm up to block any possible blasts of sand and air coming his way, firing up his power. This time, however, he felt a strange rush of circulatory solvent in his Rahkshi armor up his arm, and just as he remembered what he'd read about his breed's powers, a concentrated bolt of lightning flashed out of his arm, blinding him. The bolt arced towards Exxan, even as he continued to fire blasts of air at Glass.

Oh. Karz. He had leveled up. 

The bolt struck me square in the chest, flinging me back against the pillar, and leaving a scorch mark on my armour. Ow... why... Lightning hurt. Not quit as badly as being crushed by several tonnes of rock, or having your throat half-melted with plasma, but it was still extremely karzing painful. Panting, wincing, I forced myself upright again, unsure of how to proceed. 

At Level 5, I probably had enough power at my disposal to rip Glass in half where he stood, or fling him headfirst into the farthest gym wall, or any number of other, equally lethal things. None of which I would even consider using against him, especially not in a tournament setting like this. No, I needed to be a little more creative than that, give the audience the spectacular show they seemed so intent on witnessing. 

For now, I settled on removing the most prominent threat: I focused my powers once again on Terrortooth, this time attempting to pull the formidable weapon out of Glass' grasp. 

Gah- He really wants this thing.

Why don't you give it to him?

Glass continued to strain against Exxan, letting the other Rahk tug at Terrortooth even more before pushing it forward and letting go, effectively throwing it at Exxan and letting the strong vacuum do the rest, pulling the weapon at high speed toward the other Rahk suddenly.

A weapon that chewed through matter like it was hot butter.

Exxan might frantically shift the air, or dodge, or even get hit, but it gave Glass enough time to pull out his staff and charge towards Exxan again while he busied himself with the very dangerous weapon headed straight toward him. Glass let loose another blast of lightning for good measure, this time making it a lengthened stream and sweeping it in an arc in front of him so if Exxan dodged, at least one bolt would sting him.

He'd done exactly what I'd expected him to do. Exactly what I'd hoped he would do. Exactly what I would have done had our roles been reversed. Speaking of reversal... I inverted the flow of air, turning the vacuum that was pulling the weapon towards me into a blast that sent it tumbling haphazardly towards Glass' legs. 

Of course, by the time I'd finished doing that, there wasn't much I could do to avoid the incoming jolt of electricity, which once again sent a fresh wave of pain crashing through me. I sunk to one knee, sizzling sparks sprinkling from my scorched armour, and waited to see what had become of my opponent. 

IC: Kekepua - The Cauldron

How pitiful that such a mighty creature would have to stoop to this...
"Very Well. Together, then."
She fully intended to use the other as a living umbrella as much as she could.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

"My... oh." Her staff. She hadn't thought about it for some time.
"I didn't know attchm..." She huffed, and slowed down. "Att-ach-ments, were needed."
Bigger word. Harder to sound out for the first time.

"Oh... I apologize," Garrotte said in her typical flat tone and with a quick nod. "I mean to say... I... would like to help you... 'remove unwanted growth, dead or diseased flowers, and the like'." She glances up as if for approval.

Her flute rises into a sour note as she processes the request. "M-m-me?" she stammers.

He'd done exactly what I'd expected him to do. Exactly what I'd hoped he would do. Exactly what I would have done had our roles been reversed. Speaking of reversal... I inverted the flow of air, turning the vacuum that was pulling the weapon towards me into a blast that sent it tumbling haphazardly towards Glass' legs. 

Of course, by the time I'd finished doing that, there wasn't much I could do to avoid the incoming jolt of electricity, which once again sent a fresh wave of pain crashing through me. I sunk to one knee, sizzling sparks sprinkling from my scorched armour, and waited to see what had become of my opponent. 

Glass's eyes widened as Terrortooth began flying back toward his legs, the thorns on the blade gleaming cruelly in the light.

Jump!

Heart leaping into his throat, Glass tensed his legs and leaped up and against the direction of Terrortooth's travel. Gripping his weapon in anxiety, his mind filled with one thought:

Don't fall onto it don't fall onto it don't-

Umm... why are we floating?

Oh right... I'm a Rahkshi. I can fly.

Glass looked down at his Rahkshi staff in his hands, thankful that he'd pulled it out barely seconds ago. He watched as Terrotooth landed in the sand, sinking into the platform as it slowly ate its way through the floor.

Guess we'll get it back later, he thought, before turning back to Exxan and diving down at him, staff pointed forward and firing chain lightning at the stunned Rahk.

As soon as Glass pointed his weapon in my direction and started to descend, I made my move. Already down on one knee, it was easy for me to throw my weight forward, rolling closer towards the middle of the arena. I felt the impact of lightning striking hard against the spot I'd previously been crouching, and winced sympathetically. I had a feeling that the living rock of the Gym didn't like electricity any more than I did. 

I came up in a crouch near where Terrortooth had landed, chips of stone and sand flying from the hole it was making as it continued to chew through the floor. By same crazy, insane miracle, I'd managed to accidentally create exactly the situation I'd been hoping for. I'd been studying rahkshi for most of my existence, especially in regards to the powers that would await me at higher levels. At Level 5, I was supposed to be able to rip things apart with my power. Obviously, I couldn't try that out on Glass, and since the platform we were fighting on had, until now, been a smooth, seamless slab, forcing it apart had been impossible. 

But now... now I could have some fun. 

I got to my feet, backing further across the platform so that Terrortooth was between me and Glass, and waited for his next move.