Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Waiata - Gym

A loud guitar riff permeated the Gym suddenly, followed by a few more notes as the beginning medley of a song played throughout the large space. Inside the Gym, where once there was the city maze, there now arose a large stage, complete with the speakers Waiata had brought before playing her music as she slowly began to heat up to a powerful melody. 

"Deep within the city there lies a forest." Waiata began, singing in a distinctly alluring female voice, a punk rock tone to her song, as she continued to strum a rhythmic beat on her guitar.

"A forest full of danger, and full of liiiieeees." Then, a powerful strum of the guitar, as she moved into a more unique tune, before going back to the rhythm from before, now played with more vigor.

"Come, oh children, children of the sires, come oh children of the ladies and lords, come on!" A confident strum, leading into a new rhythm.

"Yeah yeah!" And as she finished her verse, she moved into a new melody, this time more upbeat yet still gruff, an audible growl to the notes as she continued playing.

"Come on children of the shadows abound, we're gonna- OH! OH! Take on the world! YEAH!!"

1 hour ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Revenge-LIbrary

Revenge smiled, "That's right, he's even got the double swords like you." He paused for a moment. "Do you remember when we first got here, and you took me on a tour of the school, and we broke space-time watched the sunset?

IC: Rider - Library

He nodded, likewise smiling. "How could I forget?"

OOC: mobile post

IC: Illusive - Gym

So much noise. All the time, everywhere I went, I was followed be ceaseless, screaming, screeching sound. 

Why did they all have to be so loud? Why couldn't they all be silent, like me? The world was quieter that way. 

I stalked away from the uncalled-for concert, heading for the gym exit.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Revenge-Library

"Yeah, when I first came here I had no idea what to expect." He picked up the book he had been reading.  "Back then All I really knew was what I got from books. Mostly this one." He sighed and looked at his friend. "When you first came here what were you expecting?"

IC: Booger and Luffy-Gym to hall

Booger looked like he was about to speak, then the concert started. He shut his mouth and covered his ears.

"Come on," Luffy said, "Let's go." Luffy lead Booger out into the hall and stoped. "Ok man, what's wrong?"

Booger sniffled. "It's just...something was good for once..."

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Tube - Gym

Tube did as they were told and looked around, slowly getting more cheerful. "Yes, you are right, Master!" they said, "You are always right!"

Or they would have said, if their words hadn't been snatched away by some very strange sounds. "What is that?" they all but mouthed amid the noise. They were starting to pick up a certain... quality to it, and maybe some words, and... it was interesting.

IC: Garrotte - Gym

Garrotte had quickly found the rest of her team outside the Arena and listened at the edge of the circle as they regrouped.

To Vlad's question, she just nodded whether he saw her or not... and then the Gym was filled with a horrible, grating noise, and someone was shouting words she couldn't make out. It made it hard to hear, hard to think... she didn't voice her discomfort, but her fingers curled and her shoulders shrugged in on her as she looked from face to face in her group.

IC: Tear - Gym

Tear did notice Crate's bizarre look, and he was about to snap a "What are you looking at?" when he felt it too, the rising sense of power... or perhaps it was just the mucus he coughed up instead of words. Whatever this was, it was making him look like a fool! He looked at the others with panic rising in his eyes, hoping they were experiencing the same, and then panic began giving way to a directionless anger...

IC: Reda - Gym

Speaking of which, there's one of her teammates now... blasting some Karzish music over the clamor of conversation. Reda just rolled her eyes and walked out into the hallways, where she could actually hear her own whistling... Karz, the tune was stuck in her head.

OOC: Reda open to interaction

Throughout the school were posters for a concert in the Gym, a concert that judging by the notes now carried throughout the school could be assumed to have begun.

IC: Omicron - Corridor

"Wh... I... You didn't answer my q-question!" The tiny kraata said, clearly trying to put up a brave facade in the absence of her own suit.

IC: Helkyrie - Gym

Helkyrie winced at the realization that they'd lost, reflexively putting her hand on her thigh where she'd been wounded earlier. Nothing, her leg was fine now. She sighed. "I'm fine Vlad. I just gotta wonder if-"

Abruptly she was cut off by Waiata's concert starting up. She looked around for the source of the sound, her eyes falling upon the rising stage and the Rahk playing on top of it. This noise... she kinda liked it.

IC: Door - Gym

Door was similarly taken off guard by the concert starting, looking around at his fellow victors, his eyes falling upon Tear with concern.

IC: Rōzu - Gym

Rōzu was contemplating the implications of this loss when the music cut in and roused her from her thoughts. How peculiar, she thought to herself, for she wasn't used to such sounds.

IC: Dormirahk - Hallways

The ever drowsy rahkshi of sleep wandered the hallways of the school, deeply contemplative as they mulled over everything they'd been through and what they currently knew. First of all was the murderer, whoever they were, and the fact there was no knowing if Rain had been an isolated incident, or just one victim in a series of killings they had yet to even learn of...

They were gently roused from these thoughts by the faint notes of Waiata's concert starting up, by the sound of it in the direction of the gym.

IC: Aerahk - Gym

"W-we lost..." Aerahk dejectedly stated. Before the music had even started, while Thurisaz was delivering his speech, Aerahk had wandered into the hallway outside, where he stood contemplative even as he concert started up.

IC: Uunrak - Gym

I sighed. An all too familiar feeling washed over me, a sense of shame for my failure, though this time it was embittered by something I found unfamiliar; a sense of hopelessness over failing despite having done my best. I hadn't even been felled in battle but instead I'd watched as my compatriots were defeated, with me arriving too late to help them.

Despite trying my best, I was still a failure. I was still a disappointment.

And then the music started.

IC: Dissent - Hallways

Concert in the Gym, huh? Sounded like a nice change of pace from the usual Makuta tyranny the students had to endure. Dissent regarded the flashy poster with interest, before faintly the notes from the gym reached her ears.

To this day, there are some who say they'd never seen a rahkshi sprinting so fast in their life.

Edited by Onaku

IC: Vyper - Gym

Defeat was not a feeling I was accustomed to. But the same could be said of many of the things I'd gone through during my time at the school. It was a learning experience, I supposed, though I wasn't sure if my teammates shared that same sentiment. They'd been defeated protecting me, after all, and in the end their efforts had been for nothing.

Enveloping myself in my cloak, I wandered towards the outskirts of the gym, distancing myself from the distracting screeches of the unwanted concert.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Epsilon - Corridor

With shaky hands, against all odds, the rahkshi of limited invulnerability placed his hands on the ground, managing to push himself up just enough so that he wasn't sprawled on the ground.

He had not been a pretty sight at all the past few minutes, but now in particular he was a sorry sight. He should have been dead. The costume he was wearing was beginning to take on an even sicker irony.

Epsilon gazed down at his sister, wordless. Or perhaps he couldn't remember the words.

IC: Epsilon - Corridor

"...Won't...make....it." He managed. He looked confused. "Why do....why do you....why do you care?"

IC: Crate - Gym

I am about to burst out laughing at Tear's expression, but quite unfortunately, I think a very similar expression hit my own face as I feel my insides churn and attempt to leave my body, but don't quite make it, instead causing a somehow more unpleasant retch to emit from my mouth.

That karzing noise, too. What is this, some sort of torture experiment to test rahkshi bowel movements? Icarax is getting creative, I must say. 

I look down at my hands, which seem to be trapped in an after-image of some kind. Or that's just my blurry vision. Either way, disconcerting. 

IC: Paladin - Gym

I was about to protest, and said I should have done better, when an awful cacophony sounded throughout the gym. I drew my sword, attempting to find the source, in anger.

"I don't know." He admitted. "I was pretty useless at combat when my Makuta trained me, so I think I got pushed around pretty karzing easy as a result. That changed when I met you, I guess."

Edited by Triple D

IC Diode - Gym:

"Well I think that went pretty well, all things considered. I mean sure we didn't come out on top, but we did really well in fighting!" The Electricity Rahks gave a genuine grin to his other teammates.

"Nice job with that Dodge Rahkshi, by the way, Vlad."

When the concert started Diode was initially offput by the suddenness and volume of the sound, but the nature of it... Suffice to say that Diode found herself subconsciously tapping his foot along to the song.

IC: Exxan - Infirmary

As Omicron and Poly's conversation faded away behind me, and some other distant din filtered into my hearing, I kept limping towards the infirmary. As I walked, I wondered if I'd made the right choice. Was I making things better or worse by letting Omicron and Epsilon live? Was abandoning them in their time of need going to come back to bite me again in future? 

I didn't know, and it didn't matter. 

For now, at least, the only blood on my hands was my own. 

After a few minutes more of weary wandering, I reached the infirmary and took a seat, helping myself to a pitcher of water while I waited for my turn to be healed. 

IC: Sliver/Exxan – Siblings Rivalries, Part 1

Sliver

I found him in the infirmary. After failing to find him in the library, I figured that was the next most likely place to look. It was the last place I’d seen him, and given the way he attracted misfortune like a magnet, it seemed as good a place as any to wait for him.

He was with Palma when I entered, having a wound on his leg seen to. He looked up as I entered, and I saw the resignation in his eyes, just as he no doubt saw the resolve in mine.

He turned back to Palma, mumbled a quiet thanks when she was done, then stood up, testing his leg.

Then he looked at me, sighed, and made his way towards me. 

It was time.

We both felt it.

We both knew it.

Exxan

I didn’t have much regard for the three virtues the Matoran put so much stock in. 

Unity lasted only as long as it served the self-interest of those involved.

Duty was a damper, something to keep them blind and unambitious.

And their precious Destiny was nothing more than a fairytale, a delightful lie to give them hope for a future that could only ever be improved by their own efforts.

What I believed in was fate. While there are many beings who might used the words destiny and fate interchangeably, I’ve always seen them as distinct concepts. Destiny is a virtue, a personal accomplishment, something to be striven for and attained. Fate, by contrast, has always had connotations of finality. Fate is something that befalls, that follows, that we all one day meet. 

This was my fate, come to find me at long last. I’d walked, run, and hid from plenty of fights in my life, but not this time. This was a foe I had to face, be it with words or weapons. 

And so, I didn’t try to run. I didn’t try to remain in the neutral ground of the infirmary. I rose to my feet, gave my thanks to the rahk who had healed me for what might very well be the final time, and strode forth to meet my fate. 

Sliver

I’d been hoping for panic or protest. 

What I’d gotten instead was grim, resolute acceptance. 

It was disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Exxan had always hidden how he truly felt, always tried to appear more confident and certain than he truly was.

His lies had clearly worked well on others in his sphere of influence, but he had never been able to fool me. I knew him better than anyone else. I knew what lay beneath his mask.
And before I finally allowed him to die, I was going to see the fear in his eyes. 

Exxan

I was the one who broke the silence as we walked the cold corridors. There hadn’t been any kind of spoken agreement as to our destination, but we were both bound for the Chirox Causeway. I could feel raw power radiating from her even from a few bio away; she’d gained a level, maybe several, since I’d last crossed blades with her. 

There was no telling how much devastation we would’ve wrought if we unleashed our full strength within the confines of the corridors. 

Even Sliver, sadistic though she was, didn’t seem to want to risk collateral damage this time. 

The only one she wanted dead was me.

“We don’t have to do this,” I pleaded, “You don’t have to do this.”

“Why not?” She sounded genuine, though I knew better than to put too much trust in her tone.

“Father isn’t here. You can make your own choices.” 

I knew there was more to her hate and rage than that, but I hoped that invoking Father might at least give her pause. 

Sliver laughed, and I felt my heart sink.

“I want you dead because I want you dead,” she sneered, “Father didn’t put me up to it. He actually sent me here to help you – can you believe that? One minor, miserable little murder, and suddenly you’re all that matters to him? It’s pathetic!”

“Why would he care?”

“Why?” Sliver stopped, staring at me, “Because you were his first, his best and brightest. You were always so karzing clever… you were just missing that killer instinct. When he thought you’d finally found that...” she shook her head, seeming upset by the memory. 

The doors to outside were within sight, but I stopped walking to turn and stare at her in turn. My father had been never been the type to offer encouragement or compliments. I’d always thought he’d sent me to Corpus Rahkshi to get rid of me… but what it had been something more? Sliver delighted in her lies, but the hate and pain in her voice seemed all too real this time.

Which could only mean… 

“You’re doing all of this because you’re jealous? You’re afraid I’m going to steal father’s favour away from you?”

I shook my head, an exasperated laugh escaping me, “I don’t want his approval. I don’t give a karz what he thinks of me. You shouldn’t either. He’s nothing but a twisted, insa-”

The rest of the insults I’d been preparing were ripped away from me by the savage slice of air that flung me towards the open doors of the school.

“Where is your respect?” Sliver’s snarl pursued me, “We owe the Makuta everything! They made us!”

Cushioning my impact with an air blast of my own, I skidded to a stop at the edge of the drop-off onto the Causeway, sliding Remembrance from its sheath and shifting into a defensive stance. 

“The Makuta may have made us… but not in their own image,” I replied, “We have free will, our own thoughts and minds. We can be more than what they want us to be. You can be more than this.”

“I am this! Without the Makuta, without their example to guide us, we are nothing!” 

I felt a pang of regret at the prospect of what was going to happen next. There would be no talking Sliver down, no outside interference to defuse the situation, no slipping away or faking defeat as I had so many times before. 

One of us wouldn’t be leaving this island alive.  

“You’re already nothing,” I retorted, “You have ambition, but no aspirations. You have hate, but no one to blame. You have power, and only know how to abuse it.” 

“And what do you have?” Sliver countered, drawing a sword of her own – a strange blade that seemed to vanish in the shadows of the dim corridor. “Ending the life of another makes for a good story, but that’s all it is: a story. It doesn’t make you a real killer. It doesn’t make you a match for me.”

“You’re right, I’m not a match for you,” I smiled, “I’ve survived far worse than you already.” 

OOC: Welcome to the beginning of the end. Those of you who've been with this game for a while know all too well of the long, complicated history between these two characters. I've been planning this final confrontation for several years now, and I'm ecstatic to finally be putting it to the page. 

This battle is going to be broken up over three posts, for a few reasons. Firstly, I'm not 100% sure what the character limit is on the new site, and I'd rather not having my epic finale awkwardly cut off partway through. Secondly, breaking it up helps make it less of a wall of text. Thirdly, it will offer other characters in the area a chance to react and watch.

Now obviously, there's nothing in the rules that say you can't jump in on this interaction, but I would like to politely request that other characters please keep their distance and not interfere. The two characters here are near top-level, and they'll be going all-out with the extreme destructive potential of their powers. I'd rather not have any innocent characters caught up in that crossfire. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

IC: Dormirahk - Hallways

The strange music wasn't really something that interested Dormirahk right now. Instead they decided to wander further off, passing through the courtyard, walking by the Infirmary which they gave a cursory glance to make sure no one they knew were hurt, before moving on. Their path brought them eventually to the front entrance of the school, where before the doors themselves had even come into view, Dormirahk heard some loud gusts of wind, which was strange because earlier the sky above the courtyard had been as still and calm as could be. Surely such a gale force storm couldn't have arrived so quickly to the school... unless-

Coming into view with the school gates was a half black, half white rahkshi, wielding a strange blade that seemed to play tricks on the eyes, disappearing almost in the darkness of the corridor. And beyond her, someone he recognised from a misguided confrontation before... and a brief sleepy acquainting longer ago than that... Exxan. There was no mistaking those orange and black stripes, unless some other Rahkshi had decided to adopt the exact pattern and colouration... even the eyes. Dormirahk was sure, that had to be Exxan.

And if he was facing off against someone else, someone who seemed to be a clear threat to him, a rahkshi Dormirahk knew to be of far higher level than themselves. It was clear that this fight was far out of their league. All they could do was stand back... and watch.

Revenge smiled. "That's really touching, I'm glad that I was able to help.  That's really all I want to do, help people."

IC: Booger and Luffy-hallway

"You were so freindly," Booger continued. "And I was sure we were going to win, but then that cat showed up and I lost my club, and everything went wrong!"

Luffy simply patted Booger on the shoulder. "Well, I can't change that, but I still want to be friends."

"Really?"

IC: Punishment-Gym

Having recovered enough from his previous fight Punishment wandered back into the gym. Mostly ignoring the music he summoned a training dummy and began to practice.

IC God Twins - Gym:

A different black and white contrast resided in the gym. Aza, having lost so completely during the assignment, was putting arrow after long black arrow through various points of a set of training dummies that bore remarkable resemblance to the team that had beaten them, with the dummy resembling Sliver herself having the most arrows painfully crammed into every joint and nerve cluster. Under her breath flowed a stream of swears and curses so florid and long-winded that even were this author permitted to, he wouldn't transcribe them.

A way behind her midnight form stood the titanic alabaster giant that was better known as Ezec. He stood, observing, and giving his newfound abilities a test run. Ah yes, another source of wounded pride for the Black God. Her brother, a helpless unarmored kraata at the time, had leveled up, and she, who had been through everything he had.... Had not.

Truly, there was no justice in the world to have dealt her such a hand.

• Like 1

IC: Exxan/Sliver – Sibling Rivalries, Part 2

Sliver

It wasn’t the arrogance of his words, or the audacity of his boast that did it.

It was that smug, certain smile that pushed me over the edge.

I lunged at him, crossing the distance in an instant, my twilight blade a blackened blur burning forth to bury itself to the hilt in his too-soft heart. 

At least, that was the plan. I wanted it to be that easy. 

I wanted to watch his façade of fearsomeness fall away to reveal the meek, simpering wretch I knew had to be hiding behind it. People didn’t change. I had always been powerful, and he had always been pathetic. Nothing would change that.

Instead, he moved to meet me and parried my strike with practiced ease, before responding with a riposte of his own, appearing far more familiar with his blade than I was with my new weapon. 

I sidestepped his strike, all too aware of the detriment even a single scratch from that green-tinged blade could bring.

He didn’t relent, following up with a horizontal slice that I blocked with my own blade. 

There was no emotion in his face, just an irritating expression of concentration I knew all too well. He was studying me, as if I were some project to be assessed. 

Snarling, I delivered a sequence of swift, savage strikes, aiming to shatter his concentration with the sheer relentlessness of the assault. I was no book. I wasn’t going to let him try to read me.

He met me blow for blow, never wavering, never betraying a hint of emotion. 

Time lost meaning. We fought for what felt like forever, sparks flying as our blades battered one another again and again, always falling short of finding flesh. I could feel my arms beginning to tire, my muscles unused to the strain of this particular type of combat. 

But I could see Exxan weakening as well, his face strained, his blows becoming more sluggish. He was giving ground, drawing ever closer to the very edge of the school. I just had to outlast him. One opportunity was all I needed to turn this around.

His next counterattack was aimed at my head, and I blocked high, seizing the opportunity to put my sword’s unique properties to use. I shifted the blade, angling it to meet the light filtering in from outside, causing it to flare with blinding brightness. 

Exxan flinched, screwing his eyes shut and turning his head away. It was a momentary, instinctive reaction, but in the time it took him to realise his mistake and turn back, I’d already made my move. 

I reached back to yank a broadhead from my quiver with my free hand, and plunged it down into elbow joint of his sword arm. 

His expression turned to one of his panic, his eyes widening in pain and surprise. 

Irritatingly, he didn’t cry out.

He dropped his sword, and I brought mine down with both hands, hacking into his right shoulder. He grunted, trying to feebly grab at my weapon with his injured right arm. I pushed downwards, leaning my full weight onto the blade, driving it deeper. 

It didn’t occur to me to wonder what his left hand was doing until it was far too late.

Exxan

Sliver had always been predictable. 

She was all ego and empowerment.

She thought she was better than everyone else, and when circumstances seemed to vindicate that belief, her arrogance blinded her to the truth of what was truly happening. 

I didn’t have much of a chance to react. But I could’ve tried. When I saw her bringing down that arrow, I could’ve tried to stop her. I could’ve tried to blast her weapons from her grasp. I could’ve tried to retreat from her reach. Instead, I let her hit me. Igave her exactly what she wanted. I gave her the power, the superiority, she thought she already had. 

I let her blind herself. 

And then, I blinded her myself.

As she sneered down at me, I smiled up at her, slipping Blossom from its sheath and driving it up into her right eye.

A cloud of illusory flowers exploded into existence between us. Sliver screamed, and I twisted the blade, wrenching it downwards and snapping the tip off inside her skull. 

Sliver

My world became pain and petals. 

I struck out with the full might of my Level 6 powers, hearing Exxan’s cry as he was battered backwards. 

For once, hearing him scream didn’t make me feel better.

The physical pain was beyond anything I’d ever felt before. What hurt worse than knowing my eye was gone was the excruciating, all-encompassing sense of wrongness I felt at what had just happened to me. I was a Prefect. I was untouchable. I was all-powerful. I was everything this school wanted me to be, and more… but he had hurt me. Exxan the bookworm. Exxan the coward. Exxan the worthless, wretched waste of antidermis, who had spent his whole existence cowering in my shadow… he hurt me?! 

I slashed and swore at the petals, my blade passing harmlessly through the illusory mirages until I flung it away in frustration. 

After several moments, they began to dissipate, and I stormed forward, blinking the tears from my good eye, and swiping away the blood dripping from my ruined one. 

Exxan lay sprawled on the stones of the Chirox Causeway a fair distance away, dazed, and struggling to prop himself up on the wave-slicked stones. Beyond him, the last rays of day were being swallowed up by a storm brewing over the mainland, menacingly illuminated by sparking spears of lightning. The wind was already beginning to whip waves against the isle of Corpus, salty spray reaching all the way to where I stood, making my wound burn all the more.

I drew my bow, loosing a barbed broadhead down at Exxan’s face. 

Eye for an eye, brother.

20 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Revenge smiled. "That's really touching, I'm glad that I was able to help.  That's really all I want to do, help people."

"...Yeah." He was quiet, then, seeming to contemplate things.

IC: Paladin - Gym

I locked eyes on the one who seemed to be creating the horrible noise (Waiata), marching angrily down to the bottom of the stage. 

"WHAT IN TERIDAX'S GOOD NAME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?! ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR A QUARREL?!"

IC: Tube - Gym

A grin was spreading over Tube's face as they bobbed their head to the beat. They tried to find where it was coming from, only to see their fellow servant trying to put a stop to it! Tube ran after Paladin, their pleading voice lost in the sea of noise and lyrics before finally taking a leap to try to catch Paladin's feet and stop his progress.

IC: Tear - Gym

I saw that. That humiliating grin, teetering on the edge of laughter. Tear didn't care that Crate seemed to be coughing up the same mucus he was now, he stepped right back there and gave Crate a shove. "What's that?" he tried to shout over some noise he was hardly aware of, a noise that only seemed to be adding fuel to his anger.

IC: Crate - Being attacked by Tear

Tear caught me well off guard. I wasn't even expecting an actual reaction considering how I imagined he was too busy trying not to regurgitate his internal organs, but credit where credit is due, his constitution seems to be far better than mine. Or (more likely) the amount of spite going through his psychopathic, easy-to-agitate head far outweighs the nausea that he is currently experiencing. 

The shove, then, easily throws me backwards, and I'm now trying not to fall over. Head swimming, I manage to get into a relatively steady stance, balancing myself. 

Hmm. The nausea seems to be dissipating, as well.  

"Hey! What was that for?" I ask, knowing full well what that was for. Despite my obvious glee at having set him off, I feel a significant sense of fear at the rahkshi starting a fight with me. Something about how he grabbed me in the assignment makes me think that, with no witnesses, he'd gladly grab my throat a bit harder and cease my annoyances forever. And that's no fun, is it? 

Plus, contrary to popular belief, I actually do not like being beaten up. I just enjoy seeing unfiltered rage more, so the benefits of my little hussle outweigh the disadvantages.

IC: Paladin - Also being attacked by Tube

I was about to yell more, but then I felt my body fall sharply forward, and something grasp my legs. I look back, and it is none other than young Tube. 

My expression is naturally angry, but I am also confused. Trying to kick my fellow vassal off my leg, I ask of him, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I AM YOUR ALLY, WHY IS IT YOU ATTACK ME?!"

IC: Revenge And Danger-Library

Revenge sat in silence as well, Danger began to stir, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. 

"How was your nap?" Revenge asked.

Danger just yawned in reply. "Where are we agian?"

IC: Punishment-Gym

Punishment kept at his training routine, swinging his weapon at the dummy with measured acuracy, always pulling back imediatly before hitting it. He could still hear the music as it wormed it's way into his brain, he found his attacks matching the rhythm of the music.

IC: Toxitora Junior-Hallway.

Having finaly found the Headmaster's office Toxitora politely knocked on the door, letter in hand.

IC: Booger and Luffy-Hallway

"Yeah man," Luffy said. "Just stick with me and we'll have a ton of fun."

Booger smiled and stood up strait. "That sounds great! Thanks."

Luffy put an arm over Booger's shoulder, "Now, you want to go see what all that noise in the gym is about?"

"Sure!"

And so did, as newly made best friends.

GM IC Icarax - Headmaster Office:

As the last knock reverberated through the hall, the shadows seemed to grow darker and longer, until they enveloped the door with an inky black that even Rahkshi eyes could not pierce. Two massive red eyes appeared in the blackness, and Toxitora felt a pressure in their head, as if Icarax had deigned to squash every thought from the young Rahk's mind. His telepathic voice echoed in their head, a single, bone shaking word, 

"Speak."

OOC: Recommended listening - Open Air

IC: Sliver/Exxan – Sibling Rivalries, Part 3

Exxan

The arrow missed, of course.

She’d just lost an eye, and she was firing into the wind. 

But as her arrow shattered weakly against the crags several bio away from me, Sliver let out an incensed screech, staring at me as if I was somehow responsible for her own stupidity. 

She drew another arrow, fired, and missed again.

She fired again.

She missed again.

I rose to my feet, snapping off shaft of the arrow she’d stabbed into my arm. My elbow wouldn’t bend, and I could barely make the fingers of that hand move, but the pain of the wound was more distracting than debilitating. 

It didn’t hurt as badly as being strangled by the searing hands of a plasma rahk, or being buried alive in a tunnel full of enraged Visorak, enduring the rage of a slighted Makuta, or being abandoned on the beach by someone I thought I might have actually loved.

One of Sliver’s arrows finally fell close enough to be concerning, so I drew one of my daggers and flung it up at her.

She didn’t try to do anything stop it, being either too maddened to care, or operating under the mistaken assumption that if she couldn’t hit me, I couldn’t possibly hit her.

The dagger buried itself firmly in her upraised hand just as she was taking aim at me again, and both bow and arrow sprang out of her grasp as she howled in pain. 

I flung another dagger, and this time she summoned a wave of air to swat it aside.

She ripped the other blade from her palm, raised both hands, and suddenly I was no longer on the ground, but being whipped around in the air by a miniature cyclone that had abruptly materialised around me. A cyclone that rose higher and carried me further down the Causeway, adjusting course to fling me towards the most imposing of the pillars. I repelled myself away from the rocks with air blasts of my own, eventually managing to weaken the cyclone enough to break free of it.

I went into freefall and switched to flight mode, landing atop one of the pillars that lined the Causeway. For the first time since this fight had begun, I felt afraid. To be able to control her powers to this extent, Sliver had to be a Level 6… or something even worse. She’d done it. She’d become exactly what this accursed institution had wanted to create. 

Unlike me, she had no qualms about killing. If I didn’t stop her here and now, I wasn’t sure anyone would ever be able to.

I drew upon the breeze of the brewing storm, and directed a concussive blast of my own towards my sister. She simply ripped it apart with her own powers before it could reach her, before switching to flight mode and speeding towards me.

I tried throwing another dagger, only for it to be rent asunder by a miniature cyclone that then whipped the fragments back at my head. I raised my wounded arm to shield my eyes, feeling shards of shattered steel pierce my forearm. 

When I lowered my arm, it was just in time to see Sliver’s feet flying right at my face. 

Sliver

I stopped on top of the pillar to watch him fall. 

Reeling from the impact, he wasn’t able to enter flight mode, and instead ploughed into the rock below with enough force to crack both the stone and his armour.
It was indescribably gratifying to watch him brought low, both literally and figuratively. He’d scraped and struggled, and survived so much, but his luck had finally forsaken him. There was no escape for him this time.

He was mine.

I’d wanted to kill him quickly, but after what he’d done to me, after all the times he’d cheated death before, he didn’t deserve an easy end. 

He deserved something exquisite, extravagant, and extremely excruciating.

The last time I’d come this close to killing him, I’d actually regretted it.

“Yes, of course, but… the others… I nearly killed Exxan. They'll hate me.”

“Hate, or fear? Do you really want to be the victim of their prejudices, or would you rather be the queen you were always supposed to be?”  

“A queen?” 

“Yes. A queen. A ruler. A conqueror. So tell me Sliver, what are you?”

I knew what I was. 

There was no regret now.

I opened my satchel, and emptied the mirror shards within down towards him. They crashed and shattered on the rocks, a million glinting fragments weakly reflecting my own bloodied visage. I summoned up another cyclone, swallowing up both Exxan and the glass, letting the windstorm rage for a few moments before sending it wafting further down the Causeway to crash and scatter against a pillar. 

Spreading my arms wide, I called upon the lashing winds of the brewing stormfront, drawing them towards me, weaving them together into four colossal cyclones, two on either side of the Causeway, mightier than anything I’d ever managed before. They whipped at the water, tearing detritus from the bottom of the bay, shearing sloughs from the rocks of the Causeway.

Robbed of their supports, several of the pillars cracked and crumbled, cascading chaotically into the frothy water below. 

With the roar of a thousand crashing waterfalls, the four swirling storms moved as one towards where Exxan lay, tearing asunder all that lay in their path, growing in ferocity as they drew closer.

The cyclones converged, forming together into worst weather event the island had seen since Gorast had annihilated Phantom-on-the-Water.  

Nothing, I was certain, could survive in the middle of that.

Exxan 

A common cliché I’d come across in my reading was that people see their whole life flash before their eyes in the moments before death.

For me, struggling to stand, a split-second away from being swallowed up by Sliver’s simultaneous cyclone, it wasn’t my life I saw, but the beings who’d been in it. Faces hovered, wraith-like, within the walls of wind, the faces of friends and foes alike who’d forsaken me. Omega, Mahrika, Vaalku, Squid, Fang, Kat, Phogen, and plenty more besides. 

"I...didn't choose a side Exxan. I..I....didn't. Fang...is..my....friend....was...just...protecting.........him."

They were all gone, dead or departed.

"I... Was just trying to do what was right... I never have before... And now... They're all gone... You were the last p-person I know."

I was never going to see any of them again.

"I want to see my sword again.”

I was alone, as I always had been. 

"You killed another student, tricked his friend into making you a poisoned sword, drew that same sword on another of his friends... you've become a monster, Exxan. Our father would be so proud of you."

It was what I deserved. 

Death in of itself is not a tragedy.

The death of a scientist is, because they leave with discoveries yet to be made.

The death of a scholar is, because their their torch serves to ignite others.

The cyclones descended upon me, vicious winds tugging in every direction, shrapnel battering me from every side. I couldn’t see, couldn’t breathe, couldn’t fight back. 

The death of a hero is, because the pain of their sacrifice is as unfading as the hope it provides.

The death of a friend is, because it is woefully rare to find one true and fitting.

Back to the wall. No way out. End of the line. I’d been here before, more times than I could count. I supposed, in a sense, I was in my element. 

The death of Exxan was tragic. But in it, he was freed.

For that, us charged with his memory are thankful.

Wait… I’m literally in my element… 

Sliver

As I watched, I imagined all of the ways Exxan would die.

As I watched, I wondered if there would be anything left of him.

As I watched, I felt my joy and jubilation swell at the thought of my triumph.

As I watched, I saw the most savage cyclone I’d ever summoned falter, fail, and fade.

What? The cyclone unravelled. How? The debris fell into the waves. No. A figure stood among the dwindling winds. No! A figure whose black armour bore streaks of orange, and trickles of ichor from innumerable lacerations. NO!

Exxan stood firm, eyes as green as my own staring up at me. He was shaking, his entire body seeming to vibrate as he struggled under an unseen weight. Wisps of wind wove their way around him like wafting steam.

In a moment of soul-chilling clarity, I understood what had happened. My cyclone hadn’t disappeared. He’d absorbed it, siphoned it away as Vacuum Rahkshi did. 

But that much power couldn’t be stored indefinitely. It had to be unleashed, and I understood with grim certainty what my brother was going to do with it.

It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t right. But it was happening nonetheless. 

I didn’t try to run. 

There was no point.

The only victory I could claim was denying him the satisfaction of seeing me afraid. 

Exxan

For a split second, in spite of the searing strain of holding the maelstrom within me at bay, I hesitated. She was my sister, wrought of the same source, the one being in this universe who was most like me. 

I wanted to be better than her. 

I wanted to show her mercy. 

I always offered a choice, a chance to walk away or find a new way.

Omega hadn’t taken it, but so many others – Alpha, Fang, Kat, Phogen, Omicron, and plenty more besides – had seen some semblance of reason.

A part of me wanted nothing more than to offer Sliver that same choice, to release this power harmlessly into the ocean and let my sister walk away.

But she had gone too far astray, beyond reason, beyond rehabilitation. 

I already knew what choice she was going to make, so I made it for her.

Raising my uninjured hand, I opened my palm, and set her ending free. 

A colossal, cataclysmic column of concentrated cyclonic chaos cascaded from my hand, spearing upwards through the ether and striking Sliver’s pillar with a sound like a thunderclap. 

Her obliteration was instantaneous, so swift and complete, that I didn’t even see her die. 

In one instant, she was standing atop the pillar, looking down at me with eyes full acceptance and… regret? The next, she and the top of the pillar were gone, reduced to less than dust. 

I sunk to my knees, my entire body aching in a way I’d never felt before. The clouds had broken, and cold drops of icy pain were beginning to beat at my back and shoulders. I felt exhausted, not just physically, but psychologically as well. I was tired of it all, of the life the Makuta had forced upon us, an existence of endless servitude that could end only in our annihilation. 

It was wrong. All of it, so karzing wrong. 

Sliver had been my sister. Everything else aside, she had still been my kin. Kin that had sought to kill me, and kin I had killed in turn. We’d had the same parent, the same upbringing, the same education. We’d gone to the same school, participated in the same assignments, met the same people. How had she gone so wrong? What had made her into such a shallow, shattered thing? 

In the end, though, I suppose Sliver finally lived up to her name. As the winds I’d unleashed finally dispersed, the incomprehensively miniscule motes of what had once been her physical form drifted like dust down upon the school she’d hoped to rule. 

She was free, one with her element.

If there was a life beyond death for Rahkshi, I hoped she would find peace in it. 

There would be no peace for me in this one. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 4

IC: Dormirahk - Causeway

Dormirahk was, for a moment, breathless.

Literally, as the unnatural cyclones had raged, and after that, seeing the end of this titanic clash, they were almost frozen in place. They had just witnessed someone get blasted into literal dust in the wind.

Now, as the dust settled and the wind turned tame, Dormirahk was affected by a strange mixture of awe, terror, and melancholy. Awe at the sheer power they had seen at display, terror over the destruction those powers had wrought... and melancholy over the way it ended. Dormirahk had, from rumours, and half overheard conversations, gotten a blurry picture of who Exxan was. What they'd seen here though... it brought a clearer image to Dormirahk's mind as to the nature of Exxan's character. For a moment longer, Dormirahk stood there, soaking all of it in.

Until finally they registered that Exxan, slouched upon a pillar, was seriously injured.

Leaping into flight mode, Dormirahk whizzed off into the air, descending to where Exxan knelt. A victorious Exxan, but clearly in a bad shape. Dormirahk was a little hesitant to approach him now, after what was clearly a difficult and, perhaps, traumatic event... or perhaps not traumatic at all... but Dormirahk wasn't one to sit idly by and let someone bleed out. Still... they weren't quite sure how to approach him.

"... Exxan?"

IC: Blizzard, Academy Gates

It had been the roaring of cataclysmic weather, a barrage that almost seemed should have shaken the Academy to its very foundations, that had drawn her.

The newbie Rahk had made her excuses to slip away from Draco and Explota, leaving her unappetising meal unfinished. She had, one might almost say, felt it in the air; weather was her domain, the source from which she drew her powers, and if someone or something was buffeting the academy with a power like hers, then Blizzard could hardly help herself; she wanted to see it with her own eyes. The gold-armoured girl sprinted back down the corridors she'd only recently traversed for the first time, heedless of the noises echoing from the direction of what, she thought, must have been the gym; barging out the school entrance, she found herself in the midst of a raging windstorm.

One that wasn't directed her way at all. Sure, stray winds whipped in her direction, tossing her necklace back over one shoulder with almost casual ease; but the majority of the tempest was focused on another point, one that she couldn't quite make out from her vantage point. Still, she recognised the forces involved easily enough.

Cyclones...

That, Blizzard knew, was a separate power to the weather control that she wielded; still, the gold Rahk watched in a sort of dazed fascination as four separate cyclones converged on one single point, obliterating everything in their path. Such power... maybe, one day, she could master such strength herself; but for now, it was all a little level two like her could do to gape in awe at the sheer, destructive capability of such a storm unleashed like this. Even as it died away, she barely moved, continuing to reel from the unrestrained display of might; and then, equally suddenly, it was roaring back in the other direction, and Blizzard instinctively threw her hands over her head, retreating to the shelter of the academy's entrance.

Once again, however, it wasn't aimed at her.

For just a moment, she caught a glimpse of the bloody-faced Rahkshi down the causeway who was its target; and then there was nothing to see at all as as the unfortunate Rahk was enveloped by the raw power of unrestrained winds. Even awed as she was by the incredible display, Blizzard couldn't help but wince in sympathy.

And then it was all over.

Slowly, Blizzard's gold-armoured head raised from behind the shelter of her arms. The awesome winds were gone, as was the Rahkshi on whom they'd been turned; and she still couldn't pick out whoever had been on the other end of the windstorm. If not for the damage to the causeway and its pillars, Blizzard might almost have been convinced that she'd imagined the whole thing; but there was no hiding the remnants of the cataclysmic battle, even if its participants were no longer present... or even alive.

Was this what life was like at the school? The thought rose unbidden in her mind. Train, reach insane power levels, ultimately end up all killing one another? Blizzard didn't know, couldn't imagine... like many Rahks, of course, she had no qualms about engaging in a good brawl with her powers, but the awful finality of that last blow, the sheer devastation it had wrought... was that, ultimately, how her life would end within these walls? She hadn't even considered it before; but now it seemed almost painfully inevitable. Wincing, the gold-armoured girl fingered her own neck, turned the action, at the last minute, into rearranging her necklace instead.

Her jaw worked silently for a moment, watching a fellow observer take flight down towards some of the remaining pillars, before she finally found her tongue.

"There has got to be a story behind that," she murmured to no-one in particular, eyes still not leaving the scene of carnage.

Edited by Darth Jaller
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

22 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Revenge And Danger-Library

Revenge sat in silence as well, Danger began to stir, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. 

"How was your nap?" Revenge asked.

Danger just yawned in reply. "Where are we agian?"

He waved at Danger, smiling. "Library, in Corpus Rahkshi. You didn't miss much."

Claws took most of the space that had been previously occupied by Danger, settling there and himself falling asleep.

IC: Revenge and Danger-Library

Danger nodded. "I'm going to go find a book to read."

"Be careful," Revenge replied.

Danger rolled his eyes. "Really, in a library?"

Revenge chuckled. "You never know, I once had to punch a guy because he was playing his guitar in here."

IC: Toxitora Junior-Headmaster's Office

As the door opened Toxitora Junior could feel an immense, powerful, dark, force threatening to crush her very being. 

"Oh, um, Hi," She began, subdued, but still surprisingly upbeat, "My name is Toxitora Junior. My mom is Makuta Toxitora, but you probably figured that out. Anyway, um, She wanted me to give this letter to you." Toxitora held out the letter, not sure if the dark cloud could hold it.

(letter contents are in the spoiler)

Spoiler

Dear Tridax (or whoever is the headmaster now),

As you know I've been extremely hesitant to support the Corpus Rahkshi project. My concerns mostly relating to how well this new breed of Rahkshi can be controlled. To this extent I have been conducting My own experiments. My goal is to create a rahkshi that combines the loyalty of the old breed with the intelligence of the new. My creation (It refer's to itself as my junior) is my first product to survive a rigorous course of additional mutations and mental reprogramming. My tests have shown it is obedient to all my commands and thinks highly of all other makuta. I am entrusting you to preform further testing. Do whatever you wish with it in order to test it's loyalties, and please keep me updated.

Makuta Toxitora

OOC: I know things are wrapping up, but this is basicaly what I designed toxitora junior for, so even if nothing comes out of it I still wanted to do it.

Edited by Smudge8

IC: Exxan - Causeway

"Huh?" I glanced up towards the source of the voice, expecting for one terror-filled instant to find Sliver somehow still standing before me.

What I saw instead wasn't that much better, "Oh. You."

"Yeah... me... sorry about last time." Dormirahk sighed. "Listen, I realise I'm probably one of the last rahks you want to see right now, but I want to make up for the stunt I pulled in the Library. I saw what happened, you took quite the beating. I just... wanted to know if you're good to fly back, and, if not... whether you wanted any help?"

"You just saw... what I can do... without help," I panted, grabbing onto the rocks and pulling myself upright, "I don't mean to snap... but I need to be alone right now." 

Dormirahk nodded. "Absolutely fair..." 

Going into flight mode again, Dormirahk lingered in the air for a moment, looking at Exxan with a look of regret, but also something else. A hint of reverence... and wariness. "If it somehow ever comes to it, consider me owing you a favour... if somehow you need one..." They then took off into the air, headed back for school.

"Take care, Exxan."

IC: Explota- Academy Gates

When the storms started, Explota had flown to the scene as fast as he could. He knew he would be swept away if he spent too long in the air, so he sheltered behind a now-empty planter.

All the chaos... I think I'm going to like it here, provided I don't get killed.

Explota could barely see through the flying debris, but noticed faint silhouettes of other Rahkshi closer the storm's epicenter. Two of them appeared to be fighting.

How often does this sort of occurence even happen?

As the cyclone dissipated, Explota watched one of his fellow observers flying down to one of the combatants. The other was gone.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I'd spent a lot of time thinking about things that could go wrong in my life. I'd known this confrontation was likely, and I'd understood the possible outcomes. I just hadn't expected it to weigh on me so much. 

As I made the excruciating, laborious walk along the ruined Causeway, old words filtered to the forefront of my mind.

"I don't appreciate having my Rahkshi killed, Exxan. Which is why I have chosen not to simply purge you. It would be a waste of two specimens, twice the collateral damage. No, I'm simply going to remind you that your ties to the Brotherhood are stronger and worth more than you seem to realise."

As much as it pained me to admit it, Tridax had been right. Even after everyone had thought I was dead and gone, the disparate threads of my past had still pulled me back to the school, back to all of my unfinished business with Phogen, and Sliver, and Omega's legacy. 

If he had simply killed me that day, would things have happened differently? Would the school have been better off without mean? Were it not for Tridax's misguided act of mercy, how much strife and suffering might have been avoided in the long run?

"You are supposed to intelligent. More so than your predecessors. And yet you solved this with a remarkably old fashioned solution. Bash it until its gone. You could have found ways to neutralise his threat to you without eliminating him entirely. It would have taken intelligence and long-term planning but you could have. You chose not to."

He'd been so quick to judge me back then... but in hindsight, he hadn't been wrong. I didn't regret the choice I made; it had felt necessary in that moment, to the rahk I'd been back then. But history had repeated itself today, and I wasn't sure if I felt the same way.

"And now you seem unable to admit it to yourself. You can keep telling yourself that what you did was necessary, noble even. But I think we both know that you didn't do it to spare Omega my ire, or to save conflict in the future. You did it because it was easy." 

Had I taken the easy way out again? I had no one to turn to this time, no one to pass judgement or offer advice, so it fell to me to answer that question.

This hadn't been a schoolyard squabble or sparring match gone wrong. The stakes were higher, the consequences more dire.

And Sliver truly hadn't given me a choice. 

It hadn't been the wrong thing to do. It hadn't been the right thing, either.

But, it had been the necessary thing.

Of that I was sure. 

Danger walked off, and after a moment Revenge spoke up again. "You know, I've been thinking a lot recently about what comes next, after we leave school. I don't want to go on and work for the Makuta. I want to help others, the Makuta only serve themselves... I've thought about running away," He glanced towards the isle Danger had dissapeared down, "but I want to keep my brother safe, He's still got a lot he needs to learn."