Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Caoutchouc / Warehouse

"Of freedom, of course." Grabbing the reins of the wild leaning-on-one-foot jab, he planted his foot firmly and pushed back into her guard, aiming to force a step or two backwards. "I'd only ever fight if I wanted to, not because I was told to. That's freedom, isn't it?"

...but close to it

IC: Snap [Armoury]

Peeking through the many blades and steel heads of the numerous oddly-shaped weapns, Snap easily found what the rahk had asked her to. A machete? easy. An axe? those things were everywhere. Double-sided spear? well, they were only half as common as a single-headed spear. but this armoury had spears and staves and polearms like nobody's buisiness, almost like most rahkshi are automatically drawn to reach weaponry or something.

So she had those three down in no time at all, but, she paused and puzzled over the last one, she really only knew weapons as far as their basic classification, shorthand names and general shapes.

what in the name of the great spirit mata-nui was a kanoka blade?

IC--Footwork--Gym/Armory
"The porter went really well, actually," Footwork grinned, handing over his bundle of wires. He then trotted over to the armory, where he immediately spotted the Rahkshi Feka had been talking to. "Need a hand?" he asked.

The now blade-covered rahkshi looked up from a pile of morning-stars that were also boomerangs and replied, "Yeah uh, I'm stuck with this list from this other guy and. Funny thing really, i've never really seen one of the weapons before and..." She drew a few throwing stars from a bin of spiked gauntlets and arrowheads, "This is kinda like a kanoka that's also a blade, right?"

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC: Xara - Warehouse.

"But what about when you have to fight?" I challenged, letting him push me back. "No freedom there." I circled to the side, making sure I had room behind me to move if necessary before lunging once more, my broomstick scything diagonally down towards his chest. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A fair point, to be sure. Maybe he had phrased it badly. Example might not be the best word to convey his idea, perhaps...

"Maybe," his words were interrupted by the heavy blow, one he wasn't quite on point enough to parry or completely dodge, the hardwood left a stinging mark across the shoulder he'd tried to maneuver into a guard, karz that stung. "Maybe precedent is a better term, I'm trying to set a precedent of fighting for what you believe in, the other stuff will fall into place given that key factor." It made sense in his head at least. If you stood up for yourself, for others or whatever it was you wanted to stand up for, then the only real times you would be forced to fight is to defend those same things, right? It was more of a feeling than a fleshed out sentence, a stretchy-loopy bit of philosophy.

She had just about reversed the playing field, her circling and his spinning dodge had put him nearer the wall and corner. He chose the defensive, raising his makeshift staff and keeping his eyes wide open.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

"Okay, yeah, that makes a little more sense," I feigned an attack at his left side, then twisted the staff in my hands and instead sent it slicing down towards his right leg, "So long as you know what it is you believe in..."

...which I don't. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Once upon a time, he would've responded, saying something like "how could you not know what you believe in?" Now... Now he knew better, knew how easy it was to lose sight of such things. Even he hadn't really grabbed back onto it, not yet at least. But their push for freedom, here and now, that was good enough for him.

"There are plenty of things to believe in..."

He'd opted to move into her initial strike towards his left, a feint, but he hadn't know that. It had carried him out of the strike to his right and toward her now open side. "...like taking down the Makuta and freeing the rest of Corpus," his staff sped through the air, aimed for a solid whack at the middle of her staff.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

The sudden, jarring impact jolted my hands, almost making me lose my grip on my weapon. "Planning for the long term has never really been my thing," I admitted, pushing back against his staff, "Too many variables." 

IC: Tear - Refectory

"I shouldn't be here," Tear suddenly declared. "M-mother always warned me about this p-place... sh-she said it w-was... d-d-dangerous and... f-full of s-savage R-Rahkshi."

IC (As Botch): "I have a weird obsession with kanohi. I'm a Kraata that got forced to level up. My instincts tell me to hunt out masks to infect and they haven't matured yet." She said to Glaciem before turning to speak to Teer. "I'm going to be blunt with you. This place is full of savage rahkshi and other dangers, but there is no room for tears or sadness. We are trained to be warriors and unless you adapt and toughen up, the Makuta will crush you physically and emotionally."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Refectory. 

"You're a veritable fountain of negativity, you know that?" We growled. "Maybe you should just shut up." 

IC (As Botch ): "So you think telling white lies and sugar coating someone's feelings a better idea?" The rahkshi replied as she tightly gripped her electro chute blade. It was tempting to lash out and cut the rahkshi's face, but that would warrant a fight and considering that Ignis had the advantage over her, brawling him would result in a painful defeat. *No, I'm not fighting him/her, I can't win.* Botch loosened the grip on her sword and dismissed the course of action.

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

"Being a pessimistic jerk doesn't help anybody, either," we snapped, "there's plenty of room for tears and sadness. If no one cared, there wouldn't be graves out on the Causeway."

IC (As Botch): "I think it does help, but I won't argue about that." Said Botch. "Graves on the causeway? I wonder if they belonged to innocent or incompetent rahkshi."

This moron is so karzing insensitive... We lunged forward, fist raised, but reined ourselves in, one hand forcibly grasping the other and pinning it to the table before it could impact. 

Don't. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

"Good." 

IC (As Botch): She was going to tell the two headed rahk to sugarcoat Tear and say something sweet, but the sight of Ignis nearly attacking her was enough to make the rahkshi hold her tongue. Instead, she awkwardly placed an arm around Teer's shoulder, unsure if Botch was meant to pull her closer or shift over to Tear.

IC Doubt

After a quick brush-over by Palma, Doubt left, doing his best to get by lardball near the doorway.

Hm... Where to go, where to go... Maybe I should tinker. Get my mind off this ridiculous...

A quick stabbing pain in his stomach helped him change his plan, and he was off to the refectory.

OOC: open to interaction.

IC--Beat--Gym

"That's not bad, but it wouldn't work outside the gym," Beat replied, conjuring up a training dummy about five bio away. "And hammers can't do this!" she crowed, spinning the bolas at her side and then flinging them at the target, which was bound by the cords and knocked off its base. "Karz, that thing is awesome."

IC--Footwork--Armory

"I'll handle the melting," Footwork replied as he ran toward the armory.

In response to the other Rahkshi's confusion over the Kanoka Blade, he pulled the one Feka had pointed out earlier from the top of the rack. "This is the one he mentioned to me when we were here earlier," he replied, "so I guess it's the one he wants."

IC--Nyarl--Refectory

"Sugarcoating is a needless exercise, but so is pessimism. No one I've met so far has struck me as a psychopath. I suppose I haven't been here very long, but there is at least a portion of the student body that is more mentally stable."

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Shock

Alas, I had finished the book. Sighing, I close it, while looking at the scru- I mean, absolutely beautiful people in the room. Most were crowding around a glowing dude. What were they doing, worshipping him? Doing sorcery? I sigh again.

IC: Spezia

Shock. That is what I feel as I scan the village. I don't even comment on Strurin pulling ahead- Granted, I wouldn't have if he knew a better place. I land among the ashes of this perhaps once beautiful place. "What... What happened here?" I am so shocked that I don't realize there is a small group of a few Rahkshi just nearby...

IC: Nightmare

"So, Shock, how was the book?" Nightmare said.

IC: Strurin

"Something must have come through here... Maybe someone lit a fire and it got out of control?"

IC: Blade

Blade entered the gym.

OOC: Blade OFI in the Gym

IC Fog:

He had knocked twice already. Would another be rude? Perhaps the Headmaster was too busy to hear him. Fog meant no disrespect, he only wanted to seek the Headmaster's advice on this situation, for surely it was a sitation such that a misstep could be detrimental to the, well, not brotherhood, but certainly the school.

He cautiously rapped once more.

"My lord Makuta, are you there?'

OOC: Fog is knocking on the Headmaster's door.

IC--Beat--Halls
Beat strolled toward the gym, spinning the bolas experimentally and watching the weighted ends brighten and the dim again as she let them hang loose. However, she was distracted from her weapon testing by the angry yells and sounds of clashing steel up ahead--too close to be coming from the gym. "Sounds like someone's having a disagreement," she remarked, glancing back st Ipartsa.
IC--Footwork--Halls
Footwork was quickly lost in thought as he made his way back to Feka's room. Any attempt to be disinterested was useless now; the inventor had completely reeled him in with his crazy talk about eating like a Matoran, and rather than just following along out of curiosity, Footwork found himself actively hoping the plan would work.

IC (As Ipartsa): "Everyone disagrees with each other unless there's some benefit to complying." Said the rahkshi of chain lightning as she opened the door to the gym. "Alright, I'll run around, throw the bolas and trap me with them, okay?"

IC (As Feka): "Do you know any inventors at this school. If none can be found here, then I shall have to run far away from here to another village and do my best to get assistance from a matoran inventor." Said the rahkshi of sonics as he opened the door to his room. "First, we shall melt down the knife."

IC (As Numlef): "The most damaged parts of Phantom-on-the-Water would make the rahkshi think there are no survivors and attract little to no attention. I'll head there."

IC (As Tangirahk): The sonic rahkshi took out her violin and played a note. "Frog. Get your music sheets out, we are playing what you have printed on them."

IC (As Botch): The rahkshi with heterochromia walked through the hallways.

OOC: Botch open to interaction.

IC Kakarahk: 

"Then I'll cover the less damaged zones.", Kakarahk said, speeding off. He was actually running, a dizzying pace to anyone not accustomed to it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Staying up until 2:20am to watch cartoons was a bad idea. Last post for tonight.

IC (As Numlef): "It's time to get searching." Said Numlef as he looked at the village, assessing the damage. "I'll go check out the remains of what looked like towers." The rahkshi of chain lightning spoke before running past the entrance to the nearest base of a tower.

IC (As Feka): "Thanks for covering me." Said Feka as he smiled. "I'll go and thank the other rahkshi before going to the library." The rahkshi of sonics walked over to Snap and pointed out the kanoka blade. "I think my friend may have told you what that is, but that's the kanoka blade. If you can use a mask of power, you can use the powers infused within this weapon."

IC (As Ipartsa): "If you did that to a living opponent, I would be impressed." Said Ipartsa as she pointed to Blade. "Why not attack him? Let's see what you're made of."

"Variables aren't that scary, what I know is that we're ten strong and have some of the school's best fighters and tacticians amongst us..." He loosened his stance, letting the other staff come down past his guard and whack him on the shoulder. A self sacrificial move, but one that let him move in while her staff was down with a slashing motion that stopped centimeters from her throat. "...fleeing our oppressors is a temporary solution, you know? I've come to the conclusion that disposing of them is the only way we'll be truly free."

...but close to it

IC: Revenge-His Room

THUNK!  The heavy book slid off of his lap and onto the floor.  Revenge stretched and rubbed his soar legs.  He thought back to why he was there in the first place.

The last thing he remembered was the Matoran appearing in the school.  He had been running around the school, trying to keep things under control.  It was so frustrating he decided he needed some time alone to think, so he made the mistake of checking the largest book on Matoran legends out of the library and went to his room.  He had no idea how long he had spent reading but he was really hungry, so that had to mean something.  He waited a few more minuets so his legs could regain feeling than he picked up his book and walked to the library.

OOC: Revenge is open for interaction in the library.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC--Beat--Gym

Beat grinned an turned to follow Ipartsa's pointing finger, but when she saw who her proposed target was, she stopped short. "Oh, I've already fought that guy; I think we've pounded on each other enough for one day."

IC--Sepulchral--Lucid's Forest (Cave)

"Actually, yes," Sepulchral replied frankly. The Rahi clung to his limbs and torso, making various happy noises. "I can scarcely recall a more pleasant experience."

IC Recherche / Flying

He nodded in affirmation, turning to the other rahkshi a short time later.

"So, I take it you are not a loyalist to the Makuta?"

IC: Helix/Dorm Hall

I began to step out of my flight mode, and looked to him.

"Loyalist? I'm just looking out for myself and my allies...which I unfortunately have none. My name is Helix, by the way."

IC: Alpha/Hallways

I wandered the halls.

"Variables aren't that scary, what I know is that we're ten strong and have some of the school's best fighters and tacticians amongst us..." He loosened his stance, letting the other staff come down past his guard and whack him on the shoulder. A self sacrificial move, but one that let him move in while her staff was down with a slashing motion that stopped centimeters from her throat. "...fleeing our oppressors is a temporary solution, you know? I've come to the conclusion that disposing of them is the only way we'll be truly free."

"I love a good fight..." I turned, letting his slash strike my shoulder instead of my throat, "...but taking on the Brotherhood of Makuta?" My staff flicked up under his, jabbing for his chest, "That's suicide. You said it yourself; there's only ten of us."

IC (As Ipartsa): "Who was the winner?" The rahkshi of chain lightning asked Beat.

IC (As Feka): "I think that's reserved for the shadow Kraata that roam this school. If they can speak the language of a matoran and act like one, they are bound to sense the power of a kanohi and tap into it." Said Feka as he lifted it up. "Don't worry, I'm sure there are more of these weapons. Thanks for helping me out... What's your name?" The kanohi-loving rahkshi asked.

IC Frog

Frog stopped on a dime. He rotated his head towards Tangirahk after a pause. "All right."

Frog needed no paper; he had made the song himself. Grabbing his piano, he sprung it to life. "Ready?"

IC Doubt

Upon smelling the condition of the refectory, Doubt decided not to go there. Maybe to read... He hadn't done that at all.

Taking a moment to rest, Doubt took off once more, remembering to grab his chain ball to prevent it from dragging.

IC--Sepulchral--Lucid's Forest (Cave)

"Indeed. It is surprisingly relaxing to simply take in one's surroundings." He paused. Then he admitted "I've never really done this before. I hadn't the slightest idea what I was missing."

IC--Beat--Gym

"I won, but it was pretty close there for a few minutes. He wasn't upset afterwards, either. All the people I fought before coming here were such sore losers. "

IC--Footwork--Armory

"Glad to meet you! I'm Footwork."

Edited by Dark_Stranger

OOC: Oops, just realized I've been forgetting to get you a Vlad post, Aerixx.

IC: Vlad / Infirmary

Vlad sighed sadly, blinking back tears. All his friends... dead.

No, he corrected himself as he looked up at Drift, not all.

"Vhat, and been lyink unconscious in zer bed next to mine?" he murmured forlornly. "Or... vorse? I... vould not vish zat on you... you vere right not to act. Zere sad truth ist, zere ist nothink an army of Rahkshi could have done to save zer Matoran vunce zer Makuta had set zeir minds to havink zem killed, except add zeir corpses to zer pile."

It was all terribly depressing, but he was beginning to think the best any of them could hope for was to keep their heads down and stay alive.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC (As Tangirahk): "Let's do this." Said the rahkshi as she picked up her violin and began playing it alongside Frog.

IC (As Feka): "Call me Feka, it's the matoran word for "iron spirit"." The rahkshi said after smiling at the burst of roses. "Now, let's get back to the forge and melt these weapons down." Said the matoran wannabe as he led the group to the forge.

IC (As Ipartsa): "Speaking of fights, we never did spar, did we? I think it's time we tried out battling each other."

IC: Lucid / Dream Forest (Lucid's Cave)

"You and so many others... that's no fault of yours," Lucid remarked sadly. "The school is hardly a place to foster an appreciation for the beauty and wonder of nature, and not many Rahkshi even get the chance to conceive of places like this between meals of grey slop, vicious sparring sessions, and dreamless sleep in dull cramped dorms."

IC: Shock

"Yep. Totally... Unemotional..." I say, sniffling. Something... Wet is on my eyes. Yelping, I drop the book, and rub my face.

IC: Spezia

"Then... Explain the bodies." I whisper this, shocked. Bodies of Matoran, everywhere.

IC: Nightmare

"Alright. Now lets to go the gym. Perhaps beating the karz out of someone will take your mind off of..." He The made a weird gesture "Whatever this is."

IC: Strurin

"I don't think this was just a fire." He said, examining the bodies. it wasn't burns that killed this one. "This appears to be an attack."

IC: Shark / Refectory

Eating, watching. Nothing extremely interesting in here at the moment, as far as Shark could tell so far; mostly some teary newcomer crying in the midst of an apparently tougher and more experienced entourage, notable among them the two-headed Rahkshi. It would potentially be useful to discern if each head was a distinct personality or some other possibility was at play here, at least.

He was definitely not devoting excess energy to the contemplation of Rain's usefulness, or lack thereof, though. It definitely didn't cross his mind whatsoever that she might appreciate it if he brought some food to the Infirmary for her. Stop being ridiculous.