Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Ic: Siren.

Finally, something useful. Siren thought to herself.

She chose the fifth option and began to write down all the different ways she could murder him and all the different scenarios. She didn't need any books - she already knew what to do.

Ic: Hashan

Hashan was more than puzzled at what to do. He could fight and use strategy in a fight, but he couldn't think of how to do it in writing. He eventually, after close examination of the board, chose option two. He then walked over into the depths of the library and chose a few books about Visorak, Matoran and Rhotukas. Finding an empty table, he laid out the books and scanned through them, while scribbling furiously about how he would use strategy in his situation on a piece of paper he found in a blank book.

Ooc: both are open for interaction.

IC: Exxan/Era – Library.

Exxan put down the quill, admiring his handiwork. The extraneous use of his extensive vocabulary might have been a bit much, but it didn’t matter. His responses were good ones, and his reasoning was logical. He’d considered the pros and cons of the situations, and believed he had estimated them correctly. He just hoped Suvok saw things the same way.

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

The solution here is simple. I would remove the injured Rahkshi’s Kraata from its armour and fly away from the area while holding onto it. Not an ideal solution, I am aware, as it requires leaving the armour behind. However, the chances of escape are far greater than if I were to try to flee on foot, which would risk my own death or capture as well as that of the injured Rahkshi. This solution could potentially result in the loss of two Rahkshi suits and their two Kraata, one of the intelligent kind, as opposed to merely losing just one suit of armour, as I propose.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

This is a task that would take some time to accomplish. The first challenge is earning his trust, which may not be as difficult as it sounds. Among Rahkshi, the intelligent kind like myself are an oddity, and if I approached this ruler professing myself to be rogue from the brotherhood, and interested in joining his cause, the Steltian’s own curiosity and lust for power would likely not allow him to let such an opportunity pass.

From here, I would offer him my services, in order to ensure his faith in me. Admittedly, I would likely have to do his bidding, perform acts in his name that could potentially go agaisnt the interests of the Brotherhood, before I could fully make him trust me, but once that obstacle is surmounted, getting him on his own in order to eliminate him would be a simple enough matter.

In addition, if it became known among the ruler’s followers that one of his most trusted aides was responsible for his death, it would sow suspicion and mistrust among them, making it far less likely for any one of them to be able to step up and fill the power vacuum.

This scenario makes no mention of time constraints on this task, so I presume I would have at my disposal any amount of time that it takes in order to do this correctly and professionally.

Satisfied, Exxan pushed his chair back and got to his feet. 

Era looked up in surprise as a sudden movement on the other side of the table put her senses on full alert. “You’re finished already?” she gaped. There was a delay; perhaps he’d nodded before remembering that she couldn't see it.

“Yes. I’m going to hand them over to Suvok now. Give me a shout when you've decided on yours, and I’ll write them down for you.” With that, Exxan walked up to the front of the room, offering the sheets of paper upon which he’d written his responses.

It was up to Suvok to decide his fate now… 

OOC: One character down, four more to go...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Torch/Refectory-->Library)

"No." Torch replied reproachfully to Deadeye, still in the Refectory. "I'm the only one that is allowed to burn stuff. Spike said it helps me let of my anger..." He continued, swaying slightly. At the Porters' words, Torch stood, flamethrower slung round his back, and made his way to the Library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hearing the assignment, Torch giggled a little. This would be easy. There wasn't anything fire couldn't solve...speaking of fire, the Library...So. Much. Flammable. Material.

This was like a dream. Torch sighed contentedly as he imagined the room covered in pretty flames, burning away everything, everything, DESTROYING EVERYTHING, NOTHING LEFT, BURNING AWAY EVERYTHING, ALL BURNING, BLAZING WITH FLAME AND HEAT AND DEATH, BURN-

-Not now though. Torch inspected the scenarios, shivering at the thought, a slightly disturbing smile plastered across his face.

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

Torch actually laughed out loud at this point, carrying on for some time. 

This was so easy!

Fireburnflamepyrescorchtorchcharfireboilheatburncookdryfleshdeathburnflamesfirepyredeathburnpyreboilheatdemonscoalbakeburndeathfireburndeathdeathburnburnfireburnpyreburndeathburn.

He giggled again. All you would have to do would be:

1. Get out flamethrower...
  2. Turn on flamethrower...
  3. WHOOOMPH!

Was that really so challenging? But these books...they looked like they would burn very well indeed...

Remember what Palma said: You've got to resist the urge...

Shut the Karz up, Spike.

You realise I'm not actually here. That was just a memory your mind was playing back to you...

Spike, I'll burn you. BURN you.

Now, now, remember what happened last time.

It was glorious.

They were innocent.

Torch shook his head, as if to dislodge the voice. It was time to win this assignment. Firstly, however, Torch got out a lighter.

IC: (Snake/Library)

An interesting assignment, indeed. Snake would have to think about this...he turned, noticing a charred rahk getting out a flame-maker.

"Oi, careful, we're in a library, y'know." There was something unnerving about the rahkshi's smile, but Snake turned and walked on.

IC: (Wraith Punch/Library)

Certainly different. This would be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Kathok

IC CLockwork:

Clockwork's jaw dropped. Not one of these. He began to think about what to choose.

IC Mar'jik:

Mar'jik smirked. This would be easy. He walked over to a shelf and began to look at teh books.

IC Vector:

Vector though for a moment, then withdrew his chalkboard and began to write.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

I would first procure a few small explosive devices. Then I would place them in specific locations and set their fuses to seem like an air strike is happening near the Prince's chamber. Hopefully, this will cause him and/or his followers to leave the building. I will wait outside the building with a powerful air-gun armed with a poison dart. If the Prince is not there, I will order an awaiting task-force of Keelerak and Exo-Toa to storm his palace. While he dispatches them, I will speedily relocate to the position where they penetrated the defenses, and take him out there with a perfectly aimed shot.

Vector then began looking for paper to write this down on.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Shatter:

Shatter walked up to Suvak. "For the Prince, will we be able to call on Brotherhood forces?

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Hoto

Shortly after the assignment was made, Hoto found herself sitting against the wall in a desolate part of the Library. The shelves here were close together, and for a moment she felt claustrophobic, but it was nice to be alone. After all, she had panicked again. She hated the realization. There was no need to panic, it just made her look like a fool to the rest of the Rahkshi. She could do this.

She tried to slow her breathing and carefully think over the scenarios. How could she get a Rahkshi off the island? She wasn't strong enough for it, and even if she had a way to carry them, she would have to move fast.

By the time she even found a Visorak, it surely would have reached the Matoran and carried it off. She didn't have any way to find them quickly, and there was no way to stop them all at once.

Sneaking out of a Frosteleus City? That would be suicide for her. She needed her clickers to find her way around, but the Frosteleus would hear her. She couldn't help thinking how Fang could just melt right through the bottom with his plasma.

The fourth scenario seemed... interesting. If only she could remember what a Suukorak did. She looked up longingly at the books around her. She would have to figure it out on her own. It had something to do with energy, didn't it?

No. She was not doing the last one. Even if it was a power-hungry maniac, she couldn't bring herself to even consider ending his life. Although... it would be relatively easy to dodge his attacks, and giving him Dodge powers would be no great loss. It was certainly much less useful than Era's sonics or Fang's plasma. No! She wasn't doing it!

So she sat back, overwhelmed by it all. Why did it have to be a writing assignment?

IC: Tube

Tube looked at their master eagerly for the first part of the assignment. "What do you need me to do? Tackle a Frosteleus? Carry the hurt Rahk? I'll even..." Tube trailed off as they processed Suvak announcing it had to be their own work. What did that even mean? Did... did they have to write a paper on their own? They couldn't help their master?

Tube walked over to the nearest bookshelf and repeatedly banged their head against it. The noise was drawing a lot of irritated looks, but it was helping Tube try to get the gears in their head turning. Maybe.

IC: Fang

Deep beneath the Nynran street, Fang suddenly sat up, coughing and sputtering. His first thought was, No, not now. I... I have to get a hold of myself.

But then it all stopped. Fang looked down at his hands, now radiating power. Up above, a Matoran looked into the hole, and without knowing why or how, Fang shot a small blast of plasma near enough to singe their mask, and the Matoran ran off. With difficulty, he pulled himself up, melting handholds in the wall. The Matoran were still there, staring at the hole he had come out of with... almost a curiosity. Except every one was pointing a launcher at his face. With a hiss, he finally pulled himself out and stared at the Matoran. One tried to fire, but Fang raised a hand and shot plasma near their foot. He quickly covered the street in front of him in plasma, the smoke blocking their view. Beside him, Omega had formed himself a suit of spiked armor, but the time to fight was over. "Let's go!" he shouted as he ran off towards Kat. Projectiles trailed behind him, but with the smoke, none of them were very accurate. Almost as an afterthought, he reached down and snatched Venom as he ran. It would be a shame to let all that work go to waste. He just hoped the craftsman would be alright.

OOC: Hoto and Tube open to interaction. Also, Ultron's permission for level three!

Edited by Click

IC: Bullseye/Library

He had arrived just in time to witness the assignment. He told Melody what the assignment was.

"This is good," he said as he took a seat next to his brothers.

He decided to work on the 4th and 5th.

He got down to business determining the amount of Suukorak in a platoon and upon different Brotherhood forces.

IC: Toxin/Library

He decided to do #'s 3 and 4.

IC: Stronghold/Library

He hit the side of the desk. He was a fighter, not a planner. He decided to try and do one, first. If he couldn't do this, then he'd leave. But at least he tried.

IC: Punch / Counterpunch/Library

He and Counterpunch agreed that 5 was the easiest for them. They grudgingly decided to also do 1.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Mar'jik:

The first thing, Mar'jik decided, was to find out how big a platoon was. He found a  book on military units and began reading. Aha! Here it was.

A Visorak Platoon is made of 2-4 squads. Each squad is 7-12 soldiers. As Visorak work best in large groups, the average Visorak platoon is about 32 soldiers.

Mar'jik then went looking for a book on Suukorak.

IC: Siren

Siren had finally finished her handiwork on murdering someone.

1. Infiltrate his room when his is asleep, via window/door. Doors will be guarded, take them out. Enter room. If he does not have any weapons near, slit his throat and leave. If he has weapons near, he is asleep, it does not matter. Murder him anyway and be off with his weapons.
  2. If you cannot assassinate him while he is asleep (no plausible entrance/too many people), find him when he has the least amount of people around him and then murder him when he is distracted and make a quick escape.

Siren was done. She waited to see what would next happen, making great care to not let anyone see her paper.

IC: Hashan

Hashan continued to work on his project. It infuriated him how un-skilled he was a tactical awareness.

Edited by Alijar

IC: Pyre

Pyre snuck into the Library.

"Please don't let me be late."

Noticing that everybody was already at work on their essays he snuck to one of the desks and looked at the blackboard. After reading through it he began work.

Scenario 3: In an Iceberg prison I would create a plasma coating on me and melt through the floor. The hole would be too small for the frostelus to follow me. Then in another room using my plasma powers I would melt a hole in the wall. To make sure nobody follows me I make the hole too small for them to fit and also I would create holes in the ground with super heated plasma. Since Ice is transparent, I make sure my tunnel does not hit any rooms to prevent confrontation with any frostelus. Once I reach the outside of the iceberg I fly back to civilization.

"1 scenario down!" thought Pyre.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

IC: (Torch/Library)

Torch began writing his response to the Frostelus scenario.

It went something like this:

Furst-lee eye wood get out m-eye flaim thro-er 

Next eye wood turn m-eye flaim thro-er onn and burn a-way the worls and the worry-ers be-h-eye-nd them. Eye wood kepe onn you-sing it un-till evrey-thing was burned a-way. 

Like many other rahks, Torch didn't know much matoran, so had to make do with what words he did know.

Torch realised that he needed a way to get back to civilization. Strangely enough, he couldn't think of a way fire could solve it...

Eye wood then

Torch pondered this for a few seconds...

fl-eye bak too sieve-ill-eye-zay-shun.

The pyromaniac Fire Resistance rahk stood back to admire his handiwork. Time for the next one.

• Upvote 2

Kathok

IC: Hashan

Hashan had finally created something he was proud of, even with his limited knowledge of of Matoran.

I get the matoran into a circle, and I walk around the circle, waiting for a Visorak to attack, and then kill it. I continue this until I know there is are no more Visorak left.

He picked up his paper and put the books back on the shelves. Then, returning to the desk, he chose task #1. This one was easy for him, and swiftly wrote down his answer.

I would knock the Rahkshi out, and then start to fly, put the Rahk on my legs, and fly away.

Hashan looked at his work, pleased with what he had done.

IC: Siren.

Siren chose scenario #3, and wrote down an answer. She then examined it.

I would firstly cloak when there are no guards about. The guards would then open up my cell where there I would exit out of it and hide until the alarm has gone down, and take a boat with others (still cloaked) to the mainland, where I would wait for the others to leave before uncloaking and flying away.

Siren nodded her head and laid down the sheet of paper.

IC: Mantis

Mantis looked over the scenarios carefully. The Steltian Prince one seemed so extremely dishonorable... The two ones were he could really display his code of honor were the Keelerak attacks and helping the injured Rahkshi. He chose to do the Keelerak one first. He pulled out some nearby books

To stop an army of Keelerak, I'd need my own. As the village is secluded, there'd be nowhere to find and recruit allies... or so it may seem. Being a Level 2 Rahkshi, I can only summon small insect Rahi to aid me. That means I can only bring small Visorak under my control. It’d be easy to set up traps and then have the smaller Keelerak lead the rest of the swarm into them, but that would be dishonorable. Also, that’d leave the village open for attack while I am controlling the smaller ones. So, to win with honor, I’d use one of the small Keelerak as an emissary and send with it a message that I challenge their strongest fighter to a duel. If I won, they’d leave the village alone forever. If I lost, the village was theirs for the taking. I would then train vigorously for the confrontation. With the Matoran I’d set up a guarded arena where I would fight with their representative. I’d make sure that no Visorak were planning an ambush by communicating with a network of non-Visorak tiny insect Rahi. After defeating the Keelerak representative, I’d announce to them that they must keep their promise and leave. If they didn't, I’d have my allied Matoran and insects bring down a huge trap I had made beforehand, just in case. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, but there would be nothing dishonorable about taking them out if they didn’t keep their honor.

Mantis dropped his pen. He was satisfied. Now on to the next one...

IC: Stronghold

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

He wrote the following:
I would probably rip the Kraata out of the suit, put on some earplugs, and use the Power Scream Rahkshi's powers to break my way out of the lab. While everyone in range suffers from the scream's effects, I will make my escape. My powers will give me enough strength and endurance to escape and perhaps get away of the island.

He was proud of his idea. "I guess I can do this strategy thing after all," he thought.

He decided to do what he thought was also easy. Number 3.

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilization?

He wrote this:

With my practice with my weapons and boxing, I would, hopefully, be able to break the door with sheer strength. Then I would proceed to go to one of the sides, go down into the water and out. Along the way, I'll put blades on my Burning Cestuses, and that plus the additional fiery ability of the weapon, I will kill every Frostelus on my way. I will go into the water, my armor giving me some, but little, resistance to the cold, and I'll quickly make a little hidey-hole on the side of the glacier, specifically under a ledge so they can't see me. I'll fly away when they least expect.

He finished! He was elated in this. He decided to wait.

OOC: One down, three more to go.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Vaalku was about to laugh at the simplicity of one of the questions but instead turned it into a painful grunting sound. He then scrambled through a few books before writing out his answer on the first question:

First question's answer:

Ejecting the Kraata from the suit would be too risky on harming it, so I would strip the body of its limbs. Painful, I know, but replaceable. Then strap the body to myself. I would use my stealth skills and my electricity to paralyze any one I came across. Once away, I would have the power scream Rahk shout out a cry that would wreck everything about our escape while I hold my ears tight. Then, I would plummet until I am out of sight, and fly away in the cover of the shadows.

Hoping that Suvak wasn't upset at me, I began to write out my answer for the fifth question(and rather hard, too).

Fifth question's answer:

I would wait until he has a fanatic of electricity by him. Then, after I have followed my way through the place, I will assume he has large architecture in his establishment. Then, being careful not to alert suspicion, I quietly and repeatedly zap our dear prince until his rage gives way and he kills his compadre or has them imprisoned. Good. Then I leave in secrecy.

Every day I act on the suspicion that someone is trying to kill him, alter the plumbing with low-quality poison added in, loosen and time the drop of axes to avoid him, etc. Finally, he is so overly worried that he bans all his partners except for the ones he trusts the most from coming there. Now comes the assassination.

I wait until his partners leave him momentarily. Then follow one of them and strike. Not to kill, of course, but to injure, and to alert all the security forces to that position. I would then sneak up on his majesty from behind(however that may be) and crack his spine. A flash of electricity to set objects of flammability on fire, say, old carpets on the floor, or wooden structures, or even his majesty's wardrobe, and I'm off and away.

When the authorities arrive, they will consider it to be a fire being's work, certainly not that of an electricity Rahk.

IC: Jayar / The Library

Hoto walked off. Jayar felt bad for her - a writing assignment was not going to be easy on her.

He looked over the scenarios. They were difficult situations indeed, requiring research and resourcefulness. Jayar immediately began gathering books - one on Visorak, one on the geography of the Northern Continent, another on Frostelus. His search brought him between two almost claustrophobic bookcases, where he found Hoto sitting back, forlorn.

"Hey," he said, "if you need any help with anything, you can ask me."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Kat: Karz, I was beginning to hate this. Both Fang and Omega were suddenly fresh on their feet, but me?

No, not me.

I was worn down, exhasted. Fear powers didn't help at level two, I could only make them more paranoid and suspicious. Had I been level three, I could have frightened the Matoran, giving us a chance to escape.

My armor had long since lost it's shine, giving way under the hail of fire.

Then Omega grabbed my arm suddenly. 

And that's when the explosive rhotuka hit me square in the face.

I'm still not sure what happened next.

OOC: , I'm sorta jealous, you guys. but congrats!

Also, Click, or Vahki, if I could get some bunnying for my explosion to the face and extraction, that'd be awesome.

IC: (Wraith Punch/Library)

Punch began writing his essay. He chose the fifth scenario first:

An interesting one indeed. After a full minute staring into space, Punch began to write:

It would be near impossible to assassinate the prince by sneaking in using stealth, so another approach is needed.

Firstly, I would modify my armour slightly with artificial metal armour (like I wear now), to give myself a less rahkshi-like and more bulky appearance, making me seem similar in looks to a member of the Veteres species or a mutant.

Next, I would collect a large sum of widgets from a matoran village far away, through negotiation or violence if absolutely necessary. I would also have a Rhotuka launcher built be the Nynrah Ghosts that has the same Rhotuka spinners as the prince's. After some reconnaissance, I would select one of the prince's followers that seemed easily bribe-able, but also bearing a fairly high rank within the group (at a certain point, the two become mutually exclusive, so they would not be too high ranking). I ask them to tell the prince that they have discovered a highly useful ally (me).

He will then either summon me to him of come to me himself (less likely). He will try to manipulate me, and I will play my part as the gullible and loyal ally, pretending to believe every word he says, but not quite to the degree that he believes me to be stupid.

After some time, I will have earned his trust by "conquering" some islands to the far south (they will be already uninhabited, but I will continue to pay my informant inside the organisation - who also keeps me up to date about the prince's whereabouts etc - to convince the Prince of this)  my by I will ask to visit his palace to discuss our plans. There, all the high-ranking members of the group will be in the same room. They will employ many guards and not eat or drink there, all being wary of attack.

I will contribute to the ideas as normal, having my small say in the plans but listening more to the Prince's. As the guards are losing focus towards the end of the meeting, I suddenly fire a Rhotuka at the prince, absorbing all of his powers and stealing them from him.Before a second has passed, I use all of the destructive powers he has amassed over the years on him, killing him, before killing myself with them, ensuring no information on who sent me is found. If his powers had included shielding of some kind, I will have used it on myself.

All of this can take less than a month.

Wraith stood back, eyeing her work. Onto the next one.

Kathok

IC: Chekquars (Library)

As Suvok spoke, Chekquars' grin grew larger and larger. This, this was exactly the type of assignment he could get behind, focus on, and truly do well. Plotting, planning, this was his thing, what he spent most of the day doing. 

"Ah, a task quite suited to my skills, this is exactly the type of task I have been waiting for. Tube, Whak, you are free to participate or do anything you need to do, I shall find you again once this is over. As it is a personal assignment, I sadly cannot have you helping me, so feel free to do what you wish and leave me alone for the time being. I do apologize that we cannot work as a team today."

With a smirk, he shooed them off before slipping into the shelves and the shadows, quickly looking up the things that he needed to find out. 

The first task was simple at first glance, but with a few references he found what he was looking for and began.

The way out is simple. Remove the Power Scream Kraata from its armor and after plugging one's ears, tell it to make a constant, high-pitched sound to annoy and put the Skakdi on edge.  Throw the extra armor at them at precise moments to make them focus on each other and create a fight or at least discord. After that, I would go to the highest point and fly out, using my Darkness powers to conceal myself and the Power Scream Kraata, along with anything important that the Brotherhood would like removed. Anything that cannot be removed should be hidden or destroyed. Next...

The answer went on, but the major parts were put first, in case Suvok read those first. 

Next question. More research to be done.

During the campaigns of the League of Six Kingdoms you find yourself responsible for defending the Tren Krom peninsula against an onslaught from Barraki Kalmah. With only a platoon of Suukorak at your disposal you must hold him at bay long enough for the Matoran refugees to flee south across the sea. How would you accomplish this?

First, I would send half of the platoon of Suukorak to infest the roads and areas, allowing them to do their own hunting, in the areas already evacuated, sending more to reside in areas the Matoran leave behind. I would then go to the furthest village that still needed to evacuate and send them upon their way, while using the naturally hostile terrain of the Peninsula to create a multitude of traps (Described below.) In the event that I myself was drawn into direct or near-direct combat, I would make use of my bow and arrows to activate traps as I pleased and my Darkness abilities to escape, before destroying the path behind me. The Suukorak that would remain with me would be told to create their own traps along the routes the army would be forced to take. This process would continue backwards towards the south coast until all the Matoran were safe, at which point further orders would be required as whether to leave or fight a hit-and-run style war, using the Suukorak's natural abilities to try and destroy as much of Kalmah's army as possible...

It was perhaps 30 minutes, though possibly less, after Suvok had presented the task that Chekquars strode forward and turned in his answers. He had done his research, and chosen the ones that would best show his abilities for on-the-go planning and commanding troops as well.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Omega

" KAT!" He turned to the unfortunate Matoran he had shot the rhotuka. He then barged into him and punched him whilst he was on the ground. "ARGHHHHH!" He kept punching, angry that someone had hurt his friend. He knocked the matoran out and went back to Kat. "Come on Kat! Stay with us."

He picked her up. "FANG. COME ON! KAT'S HURT!"

Edited by VahkiDane

IC Kat: shortly before I blacked out entirely, my hand instinctively went to my head. Instead of the usual smooth armor plates, however, was a tangled and broken mess of metal and flesh. I was vaguely aware of someone picking me up, and blood flowing down my face.

Then I was out.

My last thought was strangely that Dodge wouldn't get his leg today.

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang looked up to see Omega holding Kat's limp frame. He cursed under his breath, and couldn't take his eyes away. It wasn't pretty.

Another shot breaking against his back snapped him out of it, and he spun around, trying to give some covering fire. His new plasma jets coiled through the air, intersecting and destroying a few of the shots. He tried firing at the Matoran, but his range wasn't far enough to reach them.

"GET HER BACK TO THE INFIRMARY!!" he shouted. He didn't have time to watch if they left, but hopefully Omega could see they couldn't win this. Fang folded up his legs and started following slowly, firing plasma at any shots that got near them.

IC: Hoto - Library

Hoto nearly jumped out of her suit at the voice. She looked up with her clearing sonic "vision" and recognized Jayar. "Th...thank you," she stuttered. "I... I guess I'm not quite cut out for this assignment. Could... could you help me research?"

She didn't want to say it, but if she wanted to prove herself here, she needed help, and Jayar was her best bet.

IC: Tube - Library

So, even master wouldn't help them. Tube continued smashing the bookcase with their head. Hopefully they would get an idea before they bashed their head into mush.

OOC: Tube open to interaction.

Edited by Click

IC: Anubissium

Anubissium sat down at a table, pulled a sheet of paper and a pencil near, thought for a moment, then began to write.

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

"I clasp my hands together and begin to run lightning through them, causing heat via resistance. I slowly melt my way out of my cell using my now-warm hands. Once I am out of the cell, I being running sparks out of my feet and into the ice. The sparks will at least cause the Frostelus's muscles to seize up, preventing them from recapturing me. I can simply stroll to the sea, provided at least one of my feet touches the ground at all times."

Anubissium got up and went looking for books about Visorak Keelerak and their weaknesses, about Suukorak and their strenghts, and about Kalmah and his armies.

OOC:

If somebody could get me this info, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Fang - Causeway

If there was one thing the Ghosts knew how to do, it was build a weapon. Though Fang and Omega were nearly across the Causeway, the shots were still thick in the air. It seemed a few Matoran had joined with a few more guns. He couldn't stop all of them. Even with the sudden burst of energy, Fang was beginning to wear down. His flight was sagging downward, and at this rate he could barely make it to the doors.

IC: Hoto - Library

She thought back through the scenarios. There was no way she could escape the Frosteleus. The injured Rahk would be just as difficult. Even if she could hear every Visorak sneaking into the village, she would run herself ragged chasing each one. She really didn't want to do the last one, but it sounded more doable than the others. After all, she was a Rahkshi, not a Toa. Maybe she could do it.

Then there was the campaign. She could lead Suukorak. "I... I was thinking about the fourth and fifth ones, but I can't remember much about the Visorak."

Don't tell him! He's not with you on this assignment! You can do it on your own.

No, you can't.

Edited by Click

IC Poly: I wracked my brain trying to think of ways to solve the problem. Only two presented themselves.

I quickly wrote my solutions down for the first scenario.

Leave it to it's fate. A kraata of high enough level to be useful should have the intelligence necessary to find it's own way out. 

For my second question, I chose the seige. Kalmah was notorious for his aggressive, and territorial attacks.

Set a small group of Suukorak beginning at the point of attack. Having set up webbing earlier to slow enemy movement, the Suukorak will slowly give ground, retreating until coming to a point, drawing the enemy into an ambush where they and the rest of the Suukorak will fire their natural rhotuka, trapping the enemy in cages that slowly shrink as they move. If Kalmah himself is on the battle field, concentrate fire on him, until he is subdued, then end him with a single strike through the head.

I stood, mostly satisfied with my answers, and turned in the paper.

OOC: Poly open for interaction.

IC: Fang - Hallways to Library

Fang hit the ground just behind Omega, his legs giving out under him. He looked down to see his armor warped, broken, burned, and frost-bitten. It seemed impossible he had even reached the doors in one piece.

He pushed himself up, once again leaning on the shiny and new Venom. Omega had Kat taken care of. He needed to see what this assignment was about.

All through the school, it was eerily silent. No one was in any of the rooms, or chatting in the hallways. He suddenly remembered the Porters had said to gather in the Library. It was strange the things you forget when your life is in peril. He made his way towards it, still not hearing a sound. The school was never this quiet, his audio receptors must have been blasted. After that Karzahni, it would be no surprise. But as he walked into the Library, he braced himself to see fighting, ruin, or something other than the hundreds of Rahkshi quietly studying or writing.

He stopped, frozen in the door, until he saw the crude blackboard on the opposite wall, displaying the violent tasks. Fang saw Vaalku seated at a table and made his way over there.

"What's... going on?" he wheezed. He should be in the Infirmary, but if there was something he should stop, he had to be there.

She found a booklet talking about Keelerak and looked through it to find inspiration. Upon finding the section about their fickleness and ambition, inspiration struck. She returned to her table and began to answer the Keelerak assault question.

"I would surrender to the Keelerak and demand to be taken to their leader. If there is an agreed-upon leader, once in front of him, I would then ask at large why he is the leader and not another specific one. I would recommend, say, the one who captured me, saying that surely he is more skilled than the current leader. I would continue spreading discontent until they begin infighting. I would dispatch a few Keelerak myself. If they finally agree upon a leader, I shall cause more fighting, until only three or four are left, which I would dispatch myself."

She got up, turned the paper with the two essays on it in to Suvak, then began to leave to return to Nynrah and her new friends. Fang walked in the door just as she was about to leave, looking quite the worse for wear. He went up to Vaalku and asked what was going on, just as Anubissium walked up to him. "Fang, what happened to you?" she asked him.

OOC:
How did Fang and Omega earn lvl. 3?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Fang - Library

He sank into a chair opposite Vaalku, breathing heavily. Finally, he turned to Anubissium to explain. "The Matoran... attacked... Wouldn't listen... Kat's hurt... Omega in Infirmary... What... about you?" He gave a pained grin that ended in a harsh cough. Some of those attacks were just cruel.

IC: (Punch/Library)

Noticing Chequars, Punch went up to him, striding along with his purposeful, unrelenting gait. He then said, in his gruff voice:

"I know who you are: Chequars." the next sentence came in Wraith's voice, flowing and impassive: "You already know who I am. Just thought I'd let you know."

With that, he turned to continue with the assignment.

You find yourself stationed in a small village in the northern continent with no reinforcements. A rogue horde of Keelerak Visorak begins attacking it and steadily abducting the Matoran. How do you, all alone, neutralise the swarm?

Punch began to write once more:

My first action would be to get all the matoran into one place: a large building or group of buildings near the middle of the village (so that the visorak will have to go through a lot of terrain where I have the advantage of stealth, knowing the koro's layout and having a better vantage point) ideally with a minimal amount of separate rooms. I would do this so that I could keep track of all the matoran: the visoraks' tactic so far sees them picking off villagers one by one, not attacking in a large swarm - if they do attack together, we will most certainly be beaten, which is why it is essential to eliminate the threat before they build up the confidence to do that.

Next, I guard the matoran from a tall building nearby, telling them to arm themselves and wait. From here, I can see most of the koro and will be able to see the swarm a long time in advance  as they search for the matoran, unaware of my presence. I regularly change positions so that the visorak will not sneak past, staying stealthy all the while. Then, I eventually...

A)... see a lone visorak or a small group, and go back to the Matoran Building and take one of the matoran outside, dropping them off in a street close to the visorak, before returning to the rooftops. When they find them and abduct them, I follow the visorak across the rooftops. If they split up, I quickly get another matoran to occupy the others. When all visorak are heading back, I follow them. When I arrive at their hive or base, I spray it with explosive gel and destroy it, the swarm and whatever commander is there.

B)...see a large swarm, I stealthily go back to the Matoran Building, dropping seven of the matoran in building(s) between the matoran building and the oncoming swarm. Me and the matoran then talk and fire weapons inside the buildings, drawing the Keelerak to us. While this is happening, I spray the building(s)'s inside(s) with flamable gel. I have told the matoran that the gel weakens the keelerak and to fire their weapons at the keelerak as they are all inside. As the matoran fire their weapons, the gel ignites and the entire building, seven matoran and entire swarm are destroyed.

Kathok

"Well, we were given the assignment of making strategies for these scenarios. I already finished mine. How hurt are they?" Anubissium asked, concerned.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Fang - Library

"Kat's... bad... Headplate cracked open... Explosive Rhotuka... Omega... like me... He's tough."

So, no destruction? These weren't even plans of attack? Fang was confused. How could a school like this end up quietly studying battle strategy? He took another glance at the board and was surprised one of the scenarios even dealt with saving Matoran. He might even do this assignment, but a bit later. He still had some things to take care of first.

IC: Jayar / The Library

"That would be... The campaign, and the prince, right?" Hoto nodded. "So you'll need information on Suukorak, and the geography of the Tren Krom peninsula. Let's start by grabbing a desk." He lead Hoto over to a secluded table next to one wall of the library, where he deposited the three books he'd already grabbed.

"I've already got a book on Visorak," he said, flipping open to chapter five: Suukorak, and reading the first paragraph. For the purposes of this assignment, it should be plenty of information: it told of their Rhotuka power (to create a shrinking electrical field around a target), their skill as tacticians, and ability to slow their life processes to almost zero. The rest of the chapter was as needlessly detailed as one would expect from such a thick tome, explaining everything from the mechanics of the life-slowing to the sayings of the great Suukorak philosophers.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg