Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Chekquars (Dormitory)

The Darkness Rahkshi was honestly somewhat disappointed. That huge cone of flame, and all anyone had done was kinda get burnt and wander off aimlessly. While Rider and Xara were still there after everything, and Xara was even fighting the pyro, most of the mob had just dispersed. That was not the correct mob mentality at all, mobs get angrier when you hurt them. All in all, it was very odd, considering anger some had shown before. Perhaps most of them were just there because it was something to do. Still, Chekquars would have thought that fighting would be more interesting than anything else that goes on. Feh. If they were that fickle, they wouldn't be any threat anyway. This pyro had already shown more potential to be dangerous than any other Rahk involved in the incident so far, other than perhaps Exxan. 

Shifting to a side to get a better view around Rider and his companion, Chekquars kept his bow at the ready, even as annoyance spurted back up at the reappearance of the flames. 

OOC: While Chek may know of Xara and Rider, he doesn't have a specific connection between any name and the Rahkshi currently in the dorms fighting Torch. It's just easier to use the names instead of looking at the profiles to find out what kind of Rahkshi Xara is and/or whether that's possible to tell by her color scheme. :P

E: Also, on an unrelated note, I'm loving how Root's prose contrasts with his dialogue and just the Root posts in general. XD

Zakaro

Edited by Zakaro
  • Upvote 1

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Vlad / The Gym

"Good evenink!" responded Vlad with a bow and a flourish of the Cloak of Umbra. "Um... it is evenink, no? It is of no matter. I am Vlad, and this is my pet Ice Bat, Ivan. Ve vere lookink, for a sparrink partner. Vould you oblige us, vith a duel?"

OOC: This will be fun.

Jayar is still open to interaction in the Library.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Mahrika

Courtyard, RE: Fang

Mahrika was shocked by Fang's lack of concern. He must not have realized the conclusion Mahrika had come to.

"Fang, there are no native Visorak populations on Nyrah. Do you think some wild ones just happened to move in? It's possible, but if not, then they could only be Brotherhood servants here to watch us, to make sure we don't escape. If they thought that's what I was attempting, they might assume the next Rahkshi they run into is me, trying again. And that Rahkshi might not escape them.

"Maybe I'm wrong about this, but if I'm right there is no safe route out of Corpus Rahkshi. I had to tell you before you tried to escape."

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Era - Nynrah. 

Era left the infirmary and headed towards the Causeway. She'd been to the mainland a few times, but never on her own. Now, she decided, it was time for a change of pace. Crossing the Causeway took a while, but it was preferable to flying. She eventually reached the opposite shoreline, but she didn't go anywhere near the village, since the ones who'd attacked Fang were probably still out in force. 

Instead, she took to wandering the shoreline, feeling the soft sand crunch under her clawed feet, and the cool see breeze on her carapace. She could hear smaller creatures here and there scuttling through the grass further inland, or scrabbling for purchase in the bark of the trees. A sea of sound swimming all around her, and she would never be able to see it, only hear it. Sighing, she sat down on a rock, listening to the slow lapping of the waves. It was peaceful here. 

She sat there for a while, letting the sounds wash over her. Then a new sound reached her ears, a kind of panicked, cawing screech, accompanied by the frantic flapping of wings. She got to her feet and approached the source of the sound. She bent down, feeling forward with her hands and sending sonic pulses off of her armour, mapping out the area in front of her. It was a young bird, caught up in a trap of some kind. She gently reached down, freeing the bird - A Kahu, she recognised the species, from the noose caught around its leg. It took a limping step forward, then fell flat into the sand. "Aw, I'm sorry little guy," she picked up the injured Rahi, cradling it gently in her arms.

"Step away from my trap!" a voice called out to her in the Matoran language. She looked up to "see" a Skakdi, not Suvak, but some other skakdi, brandishing an object at her. Probably a weapon of some kind. His accent was foreign, unfamiliar. This wasn't his homeland. A half-dozen other oddly-shaped objects - more rahi traps - hung from his belt. The foreign accent, the traps... it all added up in her head to equal poacher. Bristling with anger, she carefully placed the injured Kahu on the ground and drew her whip.

"I've killed Rahkshi like you before," the skakdi boasted, "you're nothing compared to me."

Era smiled coldly; this fool thought she was just another dumb Rahkshi. Time to prove him wrong. Using her sonic powers, she attempted to mimic some of his words: "No... Rahkshi... like... me... before..." her rendition of the words was poor, but from the skakdi's sudden reaction - stumbling backwards in surprise, it was enough for her to be understood. She unfurled her whip, the metal links clanking loudly.

"Juts die!" the skakdi roared suddenly, starting to charge forwards with his weapon raised. Era never gave him the chance. While the poacher was still speaking, she slashed were whip through the air towards the spot his voice was coming from. He broke off, gurgling, unable to speak, and Era heard something wet splash onto the sand. There was a moment's pause, and then the skakdi hit the ground, unmoving, warm blood trickling from his torn throat.

Era moved over to the shoreline, washing the blood off her whip before putting it away and returning to the injured bird. She picked it up gingerly, being careful not to touch its inured leg. "Come with me," she told the creature, "I'll look after you." 

With that, she began the slow walk back to, then through, the Causeway, eventually reaching the entrance to Corpus Rahkshi once more. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Abyssium

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Root, Reader of Books," Abyssium said, falling into formal speech unconsciously to match Root's speech. "I might have to try reading up there sometime myself. So, what were you looking for?"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Fang - Courtyard

"Well... what do you think... we're here for? The Makuta... are watching... to see how we... behave. Turning us... back into weapons! They can't... have any... Rahkshi who... doesn't like it here... just running off. I... know that. I... have no plans... of escape. What... have I done... to make you think... I would run... like a coward!"

Even while laying on the ground, unable to move, hardly able to speak, his anger waited just under the surface, ready to burst at the thought.

IC: Root - Library

Another companion to match his talents? How... unusual. The kind demeanor seemed honest and trustworthy, so Root decided to allow further interaction.

"I j-j-just completed a b-b-book about T-T-Toa Lhikan and w-w-wanted to wr-r-rite the assignment. Fr-fr-frostelus, c-c-correct?"

"Yes, Frostelus. You have to escape from an iceberg-ship manned by Frostelus. I didn't use that scenario, so I have no idea how best to solve it. Wait, a book about Toa Lhikan?" Abyssium asked curiously.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Could this Abyssium share his interest in heroes as well? Ah, what fun they could have debating on heroic qualities and risking their lives to save others. He must tread carefully, for Toa were a dangerous subject in a school ruled by Makuta, and this could be a ruse to lull him into a sense of security and then perish by hands of unworthy of his heroic blood!

"Y-y-yes, L-L-Lhikan. I p-p-peruse his adventures o-f-f-ften."

IC: Squid

Squid overheard a conversation about a Toa Lhikan. He crept over and tapped the plant-like Rahkshi's spine.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but hear your conversation about a Toa. Have you ever met this Toa Lhikan? What is he/she like? What element?" Squid asked, with an amazed and excited look on his face.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

"You do? Do you not. . . agree with the Makuta's values?" Abyssium asked carefully. Another Rahk approached and asked a question to Root, a Rahkshi that Abyssium did not know. "Hello, my name is Abyssium. What is yours?" he asked, holding out his hand for a handshake.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Era - Dormitory. 

Era took the injured Kahu back to her room, one of the few places in the school she knew the route to without issue. Shutting the door behind her, she gently let the bird down onto her bed, and sat down beside it. Then she took the injured limb carefully in her hands, holding onto it firmly so the bird couldn't scurry away, but not so tightly that she would hurt it further. There didn't seem to be any bones broken, just a nasty laceration from where the wire noose had cut into its leg. 

She picked up the bird once more. It didn't struggle. Instead, it nestled up agaisnt her, cawing softly.

Holding it close, she started walking towards the infirmary.

IC: Exxan - Library.

Exxan frowned. Perhaps he'd been too confident in the abilities of Xara and the others. They still hadn't returned with the arsonist. 

OOC: Era and Exxan open for interaction. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Squid

Squid shook Abyssium's hand.

"My name is Squid. I've never met a Toa, but I know they are heroes who fight for justice and to protect the weak. I like that, since my philosophy is to solve problems diplomatically and without violence. I follow the three virtues- Unity, Duty and Destiny- and I just want everyone to get along. I've told you lots about myself, so can you tell me more about yourself?"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

"Well, I'm relatively new here and am trying to meet everyone (which seems impossible). I and my sister are the only surviving members of our breeding group, and she is also an Intelligent. I'm a Rahkshi of Darkness, and am trying to form a group of my own to train, teach, learn, and help other Rahkshi. I prefer not to tell others about myself much until I know the person, to guarantee that I do not get turned in for. . . certain aspects."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Counterpunch had already called to get Exxan to come over to assist with the apprehending of Torch. But now he left.

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/Infirmary ---> Around Torch's Dorm

He decided to go back to watch and help get others to the Infirmary, although the many other Rahkshi who had been involved had already begun to go there. Counterpunch considered himself lucky to have only his back slightly cooked.

"Dude. You okay?" said Punch's voice in their head.

"I dunno. Why?"

"I didn't expect you to do a good deed. Let me take control for this." 

"...Sure."

Punch took control of the body, and as the two were talking they didn't notice that Rider was trying to peacefully get Torch to surrender.

IC: Toxin/Hallways

He passed Silencer and Illusive, both giving him glares as he passed. Toxin decided to be nice, turned around, and greeted the two.

IC: Bullseye/Infirmary

Bullseye got tired of being ignored in the background so he sat down. He took some paper and with the pencils he'd taken from the library, which he would return when he went to see the results, and began to make a deck of (poker) cards.

IC: Stronghold/Gym

He continue to smack dummies into pieces.

OOC: ALL characters open to interaction. Stronghold open to a spar.

Ultron, you should really get a post for the burn victims.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Kat: I looked up as another Rahkshi spoke into the now mostly empty room.

Karz, I was all alone in here...

Except for stress ball guy, I guess.

Oh, and Omega. Guy had been so quiet, I almost forgot he was there.

Answering the Rahkshi's question, I said,"Not recently, no."

IC Mahrika

Courtyard, RE: Fang

"Well, I was pretty sure you didn't enjoy it here." Mahrika cringed, trying to think of some way to ease Fang's suspicion that he was insinuating something. "And from how often you get in fights it's obvious you're not a coward. But you do want to leave eventually, don't you?" Mahrika then realized there was another side of the issue. "I know you don't like him, but... we have to tell Exxan."

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

What? Had he had the pleasure of meeting a legendary hero such as Lhikan?

"N-n-no, b-b-but I know h-h-he's Fire." Root sounded as disappointed as he was sure Squid felt. His eyes widened as they questioned his obedience to the Makuta. "No! I-I-I mean, I d-d-don't mind the M-M-Makuta's values, i-i-if they are her-r-roic."

The others were introducing themselves, so Root contemplated his own life, reflecting on each event that made him unique, his values, and his own personality and attempted to sum it all into a brief paragraph as the others had done.

"I am Root, Reader of Books."

Yes, that was perfect. Every aspect of his being in one simple phrase, though he tried to ignore that was just about the only thing of note he had ever done. After all of this conversing with his fellow Rahkshi, he was getting anxious to get back to his blissful isolation. It was unusual for him to have such an extended contact with others.

IC: Hoto - Hallways

She sighed with relief. No hatred there, though you could never be too careful. "He's... tall, and... a Surahk, and he's... kind, but angers easily..."

To be honest, it had been such a long time since she had an extended conversation with him that she didn't know what else to say. Not that she could describe much more of his appearance.

IC: Fang - Courtyard

Mahrika was obviously stumbling to cover that, but Fang didn't have the energy to respond to all of his remarks. He did nod at the last part. "Agreed... Exxan... knows many Rahkshi... He would be... best able... to spread the message... And Mahrika... I do not... plan on leaving..."

Why? This school is founded by evil beings with evil intentions. Why could you not leave?

Much softer, he added "...until... I change this place."

IC: (Carrion)

"Well that's not good," Carrion said in response to hearing of Fang's anger. "Shall we check the courtyard?"

OOC: Should we go ahead and have them find each other?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Era - Infirmary.

Era finally reached the infirmary with the Kahu - Zivon - still held carefully in her arms. She thought it was an ironic choice, naming something so harmless and adorable after the single most terrifying Rahi known to Rahkshi kind. She didn't bother pestering Palma about the poor little guy; the nurse more than likely had injured students to tend to. Instead, she took Zivon up to the back of the room, where the medical supplies were kept. It took a few moments of feeling around before she found a roll of sterile bandages, which sh carefully wrapped around the cut on the hawk's leg. 

Zivon didn't resist, he seemed to understand that Era was trying to help him. Smart bird. 

OOC: Era open for interaction. 

IC: Era - Infirmary.

"Oh hi..." Era said distractedly, trying to remember the name that went with that voice. "I'm sorry... what's your name again?" 

IC: Bullseye/The Halls

Finished with his game of Solitaire, he decided to leave the infirmary and roam the halls. He was bored.

IC: Toxin/The Halls ---> Library

"Given the cold shoulder...Guess I deserve it..."

He walked down the hall back to the library where he sat down and reread his favorite book about ninja techniques.

"If I had Teleportation..."

IC: Stronghold/Gym ---> Refectory

He decided to stop his training and go to the Refectory.

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/Around Torch's Dorm

He continued to wait around until he was needed...

OOC: So my characters are all open to interaction...

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Mahrika

Courtyard->Corridors, RE: Fang

Mahrika was glad Fang was willing to let Exxan know about the Visorak. Mahrika disagreed with his opinions almost as much as Fang did, but the Vacuum-Rahkshi didn't deserve to be killed.

"You should probably get back inside and rest; you have plenty of healing to do."

Mahrika helped his friend get up and return to the school's corridors.

IC: Fang - Hallways

Fang nodded and allowed Mahrika to help him up and back inside. It was terrible being beaten within an inch of his life a second time.

IC: Hoto - Hallways

"Yeah, he might be..." Hoto's voice dropped off as she heard echoes coming from down the hall. It sounded like... a pair of footsteps, but one pair was dragging a bit.

"Karz, that's him," she said, under her breath. "You know, I just remembered I left his surprise in the Infirmary. I'll just... go and get it. Thanks for your help!" Hoto ran back to the Infirmary, not wanting to be caught snooping.

IC: (Carrion)

"Great, you go get the surprise, I'll get your buddy," Carrion said with a smile, continuing down the hall.

"Fang?" the Rahk began calling out, "are you there?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Hoto - Infirmary

Hoto went flying into the Infirmary at top speed, sliding across the floor and into a bed before she could stop herself. She quickly pulled herself up and flopped onto the bed like she'd been sitting there the entire time, though her panting and aching limbs betrayed her. She was so nervous about being caught she didn't bother check if anyone else was still in the room.

IC: Fang - Hallways

Fang looked up at his name. As of late, it had never been a good thing for someone to be calling him. He motioned for Mahrika to stop and tried to get into a stance where he could raise Venom. "Who is it?" he called.