Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Chekquars (Hallways)

He grins, trying to keep his excitement under control. Here it was, the climax of his plans, however convoluted they might have been and however much Chekquars might have indulged Phogen and battled wits with her and the brutes she/he commanded. 

"Well, you see, quite a bit of the school is currently involved in a little game of assassination, that is, we all received targets whom we were to assassinate like we would a Toa, not truly killing them would be preferred. I, of course, participated and to put it bluntly.."

Quick as a flash, Chekquars jumped forward and tried to wrap the chain he had been retrieving from behind his back around Vir's neck. Holding the chain with one hand, he would grab for Vir's hands to keep those under control as he spoke again.

"My friend here is my target. I do apologize, my ally of Anger, and my promise still stands if you'll have it after I deliver you to the infirmary, after being suffocated for the duration of the entire walk there. You'll be fine, just pull your Kraata inside, but for a Toa this would be deadly. Slow-one, do come over and help me carry him. It'll probably more better if he doesn't have a chance to run away."

OOC: Oh man, have I been waiting for this moment for too long. Akavakaku, if Vir doesn't get caught for whatever reason, then assume Chekquars doesn't say his second speech. The same goes for you, Click, but hopefully Vir was unprepared enough to fall to Chekquars' trap. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Tube

Tube's eyes widened again and their hand dropped at the sudden reveal.

"But that's... You really... Oh, this is too good!

"I have indeed found the most brilliant and wicked Rahkshi in this school." They bowed again before rushing up to help.

OOC: Well played! Now, I wonder who is really after Snake?

Hopefully if Vir recovers from that shock, this post would still be relevant.

Edited by Click

IC Vir

Corridors

"Urk!"

Vir couldn't say any more; the pistons that operated their faceplates were locked in place by Chekquars' chain. And as soon as the thought crossed their mind to reach for their sword, the Krarahk's arm wrapped around theirs, restraining them. Vir could only listen in amazement as he revealed his target was Vir.

Wait... I might be immobilized, but I still have my power! Angering Chekquars would do no good, but as for the Slow Rahkshi... It was risky, that was certain. But Vir had little to lose, and so they concentrated their Anger power on Tube.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Tube had just grabbed one leg when they had a strange thought.

This is wrong, isn't it? Turning against your ally? How could this guy do it? Should I...

But no, how could they ever question their new master? It was just obvious he was doing it wrong. So Tube grinned wickedly and began yanking on Vir's legs.

"You know, why bother bringing him kicking and struggling all the way to the infirmary when we can break him first? It'll be much more effective."

OOC: And this is possibly where the "ruining your schemes you've been planning for months" comes in. Seems like Vir's powers would be fairly weak after using them at full strength on Omega and Snake for an extended period. I still tried to do them justice.

OOC: If you're referring to me, I had the idea of Vir angering someone nearby only moments ago, so no worries. I don't mind Vir's attempt at escaping assassination going horribly wrong. €:<

IC Vir

Corridors

Vir shut off their Anger power in terror and hoped it wasn't already too late. This wasn't what they'd intended at all! Chekquars' offer of a painless loss now seemed wonderful, and Vir was ashamed for not going along with it. They couldn't even beg for mercy.

Vir did their best to escape Tube's grasp, and hopefully kick the devoted minion in the process.

IC Mahrika

Chirox Causeway

With the Twins' help, Mahrika flew Fang's armor over the causeway. It took longer than an unburdened, solitary flight would have, but nevertheless the trio and their cargo arrived safely at Rahkshi Island.

"Thank you, that's all the help I need. I'll be sure to put a few favorable words in for you if anyone asks."

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: The Twins.

The pair said nothing. They offloaded the armour, nodded in acknowledgement of Mahrika's words, then walked away.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Darkness Rahkshi chuckles in reply and speaks, tightening the chain a bit more around Vir's neck. 

"Now, I see no need to break him. He simply had the unfortunate circumstance of being my target. Just hold onto his legs-don't pull, there will be other people that you can easily break later, but dear Vir here is someone who I'd rather deliver to the Infirmary somewhat unharmed, so that if he so wishes once Padma's confirmed my kill he can be on his way. Or you can take me up on my offer of helping you to get your target, though I wouldn't be offended if you refuse. Come along, now, minion. I'll be in front, keeping him choked and immobile, all you have to do is pick him up and follow me."

With that said, and assuming Tube would follow orders, Chekquars set off for the Infirmary, being sure to take a slight detour around the hallway where the party and thus Phogen and company were hanging about. While it might be worth it seeing the shock on the majority of their faces, he didn't need to risk one of her hot-headed followers, like Omega, attacking him and losing Vir in the process.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

As quickly as the urge arose, it vanished, and Tube was left subservient again.

"Yes, you are right, Oh Great and Evil One. I apologize for my outburst."

Still, between Vir's struggling and their rapid pace, Tube was constantly dropping Vir, which would only pull the chain tighter around his neck.They'd have to struggle for a minute to pick Vir up again, only to drop him a few moments later.

This is getting ridiculous. Maybe we should have broken him.

IC: (Corridors)

Hashan was now bored, wandering aimlessly through the corridors. He heard some squabbling going on, and saw Chekquars and Vir fighting.

Well, more-so Chekquars strangling Vir,

"Perfect."

Hashan brought out one half of his staff, mad the stick flatten up into a dagger-like form, and started to sneak towards the "fight". He spun his "dagger" in his hand, not taking his eyes off the fight.

He stood up and quickly slammed the pointy end into Chekquars exposed back of the neck.

OOC:
Yay, I have a target again! :D

IC: Omega

Omega was strolling along the corridor following the source of the noise when he looked up and saw Hashan stabbing Chekquars in the neck whilst Chekquars was also strangling Vir. Oh boy. All of my enemies in one place! He thought as he ran at Hashan with his axes drawn. "THATS MY KILL!" He yelled.

IC: (Snakey)

"Hey, what're you doin- "

Omega had already gone. "Come on." Snake said to Xara and Glass.

"You wanted to get some action, now's your chance!" With that, Snake ran for the corridor. Upon seeing the situation, he stopped dead, almost causing the others to run into the back of him.

"But..." What the karz is going on?

Kathok

From their position holding Vir, Tube saw another Rahkshi approaching his master from behind holding a knife. They knew what they had to do. They dropped Vir's legs and ran past, pulling up their mace and giving a heroic battle scream.

"YOU SHALL NOT HARM MY MASTER! WHAAAAAAA!"

They crashed into the would-be assassin, diverting the blade away.

Tube gulped as they were attacked from behind and dragged off their prey by the neck.

"Hey! Let me go! Run, master! I'll take care of these assassins!"

They squirmed and tried to get out of the headlock, but couldn't quite manage. They raised the mace to bash their attacker in the head.

Edited by Click

Curses. This was not going according to plan. At the least the area Hashan had been going for was somewhat blocked by Vir's body and Tube, which gave his minion enough time to react.

Somewhat thankfully, amid the distractions Chekquars was able to drop down and grab Vir around the armpits, after securing the chain tightly. With a few quick words the Darkness Rahkshi lifted Vir, hoping he didn't struggle, and sprinted off down the hallway, a field of shadows spreading to surround and protect him. 

"Hold still, Vir, and we can both get out of this without any holes in our bodies."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC Vir

Corridors

When Tube let go of Vir's legs to attack an enemy, they immediately struggled to escape Chekquars' grasp, attempting to elbow him in the stomach in the process.

IC Mahrika

Outside-> Hospital Wing

Mahrika stomped heavily through a side entrance into Corpus Rahkshi, and went straight for the nearest washroom. Once there, he set down Fang's armor and washed the saltwater and mud off it. Soon it was reasonably clean, if icy cold, so he took a slightly damp rag some student must have used and dried the interior of the chassis. After all Fang had just gone through, being frozen was the last thing he needed.

He took the cleaned and dried armor to the hospital wing. Palma wasn't there, but Fang was on the pillow where he had last seen him. Mahrika remembered learning in a class taught by Palma how to safely return an injured Kraata to their armor, and decided to try returning Fang to his.

Once Fang was back in his armor on one of the beds, Mahrika left the room, hoping the Surahk would soon recover.

IC: Fang

Fang was dreaming of his earliest memory: hatching. He was suddenly transferred from his warm, comforting home to the cold of reality. Not to this suit... but he didn't want to think about that.

So he thought about her. The one who jumped in to save him when... well...

But then that cold came back, wrapping around him like it first did, coming closer and closer to his consciousness until he could feel someone grabbing his Kraata. His first instinct was to reach for his staff, but he had lost all control of the suit. Then he noticed they weren't trying to take him out, but put him back in.

It was about then that the pain hit. Every part of him was sore. And with the pain came memory. The chase. The Dodge Rahkshi. The flash. Then... nothing.

He opened his eyes, and could still only see darkness.

No, I've gone blind, he thought. But no, in the shadows he could see faint glimmers of silver armor.

"Mahrika?" He called, but his voice was weak and raspy, even for a Rahkshi. His friend... yes, his friend... started to walk away, but Fang mustered his strength and whispered "Don't go..."

OOC: I pictured that scene to be written better. :P

Edited by Click

"Mahrika?" He called, but his voice was weak and raspy, even for a Rahkshi. His friend... yes, his friend... started to walk away, but Fang mustered his strength and whispered "Don't go..."

IC Mahrika

Hospital Wing

Hearing Fang's voice, Mahrika turned around and saw him beginning to stir.

"You're okay! Oh, I'm really glad..."

Mahrika felt flooded with relief, but also slightly uncomfortable. He didn't have much skill at bedside manner.

He could hear Mahrika turn and come back, and Fang smiled a little.

"What happened... after? To Hoto..."

No, it couldn't have been her. She wouldn't...

"...the Dodge Rahkshi?"

Edited by Click

IC: Exxan.

"Not meaning to question your plans, but why am I the one who has to go after Chekquars? I don't think any of us would have much luck tracking him, but I seem the least qualified for that."

IC: Xara.

"Yes," Xara agreed with Exxan, "and why are Glass and me condemned to glorified kraata-sitting duty for this idiot?" she jabbed an accusatory finger towards Snake.

IC Phogen

"Well, considering the nature of that gagging noise from around the corner, I do believe I may reconsider my assignment. You see, Vir was Chekquar's assassin. He was being clever around a smarter Rahkshi, which is a pretty obvious mistake. As such I have no doubt he has been eliminated. If that is the case, we have two options when it comes to ensuring the safety of my client." Phogen leaned back. It mattered very little to her which strategy they chose, so a democratic appeal might be a good way to re-win confidence.

"Lets put this to a vote: go out actively after Chekquars, perhaps in the confusion of a scattering party, or set a trap for him with Snake as bait and wait his undoubtedly significant patience out?"

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Exxan.

"I agree. We should deal with him now, before he becomes a threat that we can't manage."

Xara didn't say anything. Instead, she moved to stand next to Glass, making her opinion on the matter very clear.

It was time to kill Chekquars.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I've probably had way too much time to think about this part. :D

Any semblance of a smile dropped from Fang's face.

"They would have let me die? So... I suppose some things never change. But you... you changed. How did you become so... different?"

It was all coming back. Blurry and dark, but he could remember the cold of the water, sinking into the darkness, and... suddenly, being lifted up. A wave washing against him. A glint of silver.

"You might be wondering why I did what I did. To tell you the truth, I don't know anymore. Perhaps I thought... I thought I could change things. But... they're beyond change. Given the chance, I would have stayed on Nyrah and watched those assassins get shot out of the sky. Then... you wouldn't have saved me, would you? I guess something came out of it.

"I gained a friend."

Edited by Click

Tube gulped again as the grip tightened. There was nothing else to do, as apparently their mace wasn't phasing their attacker. So, Tube pulled their Kraata back into the chassis, effectively rendering them blind, and just went berserk, kicking and flailing their mace, hoping to trip up their master's assassin and take out the attacker. All around, they could hear parts of the mace falling off and bouncing everywhere.

Great, going to need to fix it again.

IC: There was a reason Palma was not present to attend to Fang in his reawakening. She had been summoned to the headmaster's office, where Tridax was awaiting. He was, as per usual, staring out the window of the room as though he were staring down another microscope in his lab, and all the things he saw just those little viruses he tinkered with. However Palma couldn't help but notice that his gaze did not seem to be focused on the academy, but across the sea towards Nynrah. Oh that couldn't bode well...

"What...er, what is this about?" Ah Suvok. Even with Tridax's attention averted the Makuta still made him nervous. Though talking may have been a mistake as it brought Tridax's gaze swinging right back over to him.

"It is about...the students. About how an opportunity for them to learn and practise valuable skills has arisen." He turned back to whatever fascinating subject he saw out on the mainland. Palma pitied whatever it was. "Break up that ridiculous gathering of noise they think we haven't noticed in south wing, give them a chance to run to their rooms and prepare their alibis, then summon them up for a...special assignment. Tell them it will be on Nynrah but nothing else."

Palma thought that wouldn't be hard, they didn't know anything else, but stayed silent as she and Suvok went to rouse the Porters...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Any semblance of a smile dropped from Fang's face.

"They would have let me die? So... I suppose some things never change. But you... you changed. How did you become so... different?"

It was all coming back. Blurry and dark, but he could remember the cold of the water, sinking into the darkness, and... suddenly, being lifted up. A wave washing against him. A glint of silver.

"You might be wondering why I did what I did. To tell you the truth, I don't know anymore. Perhaps I thought... I thought I could change things. But... they're beyond change. Given the chance, I would have stayed on Nyrah and watched those assassins get shot out of the sky. Then... you wouldn't have saved me, would you? I guess something came out of it.

"I gained a friend."

IC Mahrika 

Hospital Wing

Mahrika's discomfort could no longer be called "slight." Was Fang delirious?

"Listen, I... I think I should probably let you sleep. Get the oxygen flowing back to your brain, and all. I mean, you probably shouldn't be straining yourself like this."

He went to the door to leave, but hesitated in case Fang had anything else to say.

OOC: What time is it?

Edited by Akavakaku

The two Rahkshi had not returned to their dorms. After the noise of the party, the pair sought solitude and silence, so they ventured deeper into the empty residential wing.

The pair came here often, mainly because no one else ever did. It was here that they trained their powers, often fighting out in the corridors or in the tight confines of the uninhabited rooms.

In the gym they fought with their weapons only, so any who watched them fight would be unaware of their powers. But here they honed all of their skills, ready for when they would inevitably be needed.

Once the sounds of the party had dimished into a faint echo, the pair readied their weapons, and as one, threw themselves at each other.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC:

"Oh you littl-", Hashan said, as he was hit backwards by the random rahk.

And then, as if by happen chance, the beefcake helped him.

"That's new."

He couldn't see much due to the squabble that was going on infront of him, but he saw his target dragging what he could only presume to be his target away. As the squabble landed on the ground, he jumped over them and extended his staff, pointy bit facing to wards chequkars and ran headlong at him.

Silencer struck first, ducking into the shadows and flinging his chain weapon towards Illusive. Obscured by the rahkshi's aura of silence, the chain made no sound until it escaped the effect of the aura.

But by then, it was too close to be avoided.

The heavy spiked weight at the end of the chain went straight through Illusive and smashed a hole in the wall behind him. The illusion flickered out of existence, and Silencer cursed.

He knew Illusive well, so he had a pretty good idea of what was coming next. Sure enough, the smaller, lighter Rahkshi ploughed into him from behind, raking his claws across Silencer's armour, gouging deep gashes into his back and shoulders.

Silencer threw him off and pulled on his chain, swinging the heavy weight back towards Illusive. But Illusive knew his opponent's strategies, and saw the blow coming. He twisted out of the way, and bobbed down low, slashing across Silencer's lower leg.

That was the secret of their skill. Because they knew each other and their combat strategies so well, they constantly had to develop new ones just to keep up with each other. Adaptability was key to success.

Unfortunately, today seemed to be an off day for Silencer. His grazed leg slipped, and he fell onto his back. The next thing he knew, Illusive had pounced on him, claws poised to rip his face off.

You win, Silencer signed reluctantly, again.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Xara was no stranger to surprise attacks. As such, her reaction was, quite literally, lightning fast. The moment Snake appeared beside her, shouting accusations at Phogen and drawing back his fist, she shot out her own hand.

She intercepted Snake's blow, intending to grab his hand and deliver an electric jolt that would hopefully shock some sense into him.