Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Kat/Gym:

I showed Exxan everything I knew about Sword maintenence. It was a lot of stuff, but I had a feeling he would soak it up easily. Basic stuff, keep the blade oiled when not in use, clean to keep rust away, Basic sword safety(probably less neseccary, but always good to have a refresher, even if you're a veteran like myself), and finally. Sharpening.

"Now, I use much the same oil that protects the blade to sharpen with. Lotta enthusiasts wil get special stuff to keep it looking pretty, but this is functional, so it'll do." I handed him the whet stone and the oil, and indicated the area I'd left untouched.

"Apply a light sheen, and then angle your stone just a little bit. Remember, you aren't grinding the blade away, just shaping it into the form you need. Give it a go."

IC: Exxan - Gym.

I did as she said, angling the blade so that I didn't wind up accidentally cutting myself.... again. Once I was done sharpening it, I handed it back to Kat for approval. "How did I do?"

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat/teaching:

I picked up the blade, holding it up against the light from the roof. The edge was nice, i had to admit. But.... only on the first side. He still had to hone the other side. I flipped it over, handing it back.

"Just do that on the other side and you should be alright. Try not to get a razor edge, otherwise your blade will chip and fragment."

"Sharp, but no so sharp that it weakens the metal," I made note of that, and flipped the blade over, oiling the blade and running the stone over it again, honing the other edge. Once I was done, I held the blade up and looked it over. "It needs name; all the best swords have names." I looked to Kat, and Fang, who'd finally decided to rejoin us. "What do you two think?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fang - Gym

Fang listened to Kat's instruction from a distance, mentally recording every word for use later on. Venom had not seen much combat, but it still looked a little worse for wear. His plasma would no longer be hot enough for it. At least it would be easier to sharpen without poison coating the edge.

He looked up as Exxan called out to him, but still didn't feel fit to leave the wall. Venom was taken, and unfortunately, the name "Exxan" did not have any clever additions like "Fang's Venom."

So, he just shrugged weakly from across the room and remained silent.

IC: Hoto - Suvak's Office

Well, that was that. No vacation then. It made sense. Apparently, Suvak didn't pity Era as much as she thought he did. As if the assignments hadn't made that obvious enough.

Hoto slowly started for the door.

IC: Root - Root's Dorm

But rather than just marching out to confront his foe, Root gingerly set the crushed bulb aside and began picking through the rest of his plants. He would need every precaution for this final confrontation.

• Upvote 1

IC: Era - Suvak's Office.

"Think of it as a sort of field trip," I spoke up, "you of all beings should know that people need a little R&R after going through a stressful situation. You could always come with us and supervise. Maybe we could open it up to the other students? A day on the town without the normal worries." 

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

Curious, I jumped down off my perch and wandered over to the pillar the injured Rahkshi had been working on. It seemed the'd been working on a very crude ladder. Perhaps for an escape attempt? I wasn't sure, but the last thing I needed right now was students coming up with their own plans that could potentially interfere with my own. 

I raised Serpent-Fang and drove it into one of the cracks that the Rahkshi had made, digging it deeper into the stone before twisting the blade. There was a resounding crack as the pillar split and crumbled, and I pushed upwards on the staff's handle, causing the unstable pillar to teeter, then fall over the edge of the Causeway and down into the water below. 

My work complete, I flew up onto the pillar I'd been sitting on, and continued my observations as if nothing had happened. 

IC: Jayar / Suvak's Office

It was unfortunate, but Jayar understood Suvak's sentiment. If they ran into trouble with the Guard, it would be difficult to extract themselves from it without help from someone influential. And being locked in some Malebranche prison was probably not an ideal vacation.

All hope was not lost, though. The drillmaster hadn't flat-out refused, he'd merely expressed his concerns, and that meant he was willing to consider it. Jayar gently lay a hand on Hoto's shoulder, hoping to stop her from leaving. The group couldn't just splinter, they had to appear unified; it would strengthen their argument that they could handle a trip to Malebranche.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Mahrika

Gymnasium

Mahrika looked over Exxan's new sword. "Maybe you should name it Toxxin!" In response to the glances of the other Rahkshi, he added, "You know, with two X'es, like 'Exxan...'" Suddenly he wished his power was Chameleon.

• Upvote 5

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I gave Mahrika an incredulous stare. I'd never seen him act so.... stupid... before. "What about.... Remembrance?" 

IC - Gym

[Time stretched out, whatever you were doing previous was over]

"I believe he has chosen that name to remember who he is and what he has done."

Caoutchouc has stepped into the light, near the group of forgers and fighters. "For it is what we've done, all our mistakes, successes and failure, that make us who we are."

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

He understood. He acknowledged his approval with a simple nod.

IC: Hoto - Suvak's Office

Hoto stopped short at the touch of the familiar hand and allowed Jayar to pull her back into the room. Maybe they could still convince the Skakdi.

"Holy karz..." I took several moments to calm myself down. Where the heck did Caoutchouc come from? Finally, I addressed him. "You're right." Fang seemed to approve as well. "Remembrance it is, then."

• Upvote 1

OOC: Heh, everyone says things they regret!

IC Mahrika

Gymnasium

In an attempt to draw the subject of conversation further from his ill-advised suggestion, Mahrika seized the opportunity to respond to Kat. "Hm? Plan what?"

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

"Nothing that you need to worry about," I interjected stonily.

I didn't trust him, so unless Kat or Fang thought otherwise, Mahrika didn't need to know anything.

IC: Mantis

Just before Rail's foot connected with the kama, Mantis flicked it open and shut, ensnaring it. He stepped to the side and slightly tilted his weapon, letting Ral continue on a collision course towards the gym floor.

IC: Rail - Gym

Karz...

Rail threw his hands out in front of his face, lessening his impact with the floor to the point where he wasn't knocked unconcious. Fighting through the pain, he twisted his body, using his other foot to deliver a kick towards the wrist of his foe's weapon arm in an attempt to free his foot as he willed the gym floor to create two moving walls on either side of his opponent, magnetising his body in place as they shot forth to sandwich him in between them.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Your function is to study," Tridax clarified, "To learn. To expand your mind and horizons. A purpose is always something to do, never something to be. A goal you must strive towards. It is your purpose to study, and my purpose to study you in turn."

"And this, then, will lead us to discover our true functions," Still mused. The same answer as Suvak, but dressed under more words. The Rahkshi could take the hint. Answers would not come so easily from books.

IC: Illusive - Causeway. 

I'd been watching the Corpus side of the Causeway for hours now. Sunset had come and gone, and no one had shown up. Disappointing.... But while my machinations seemed to have stalled on this side of the Causeway, I had yet to see what had transpired in Phantom-on-the-Water since my last visit. 

I dived off my pillar and into the water, swimming just below the surface until I reached the mainland's shore, several hundred bio away from the village, just to be on the same side. Keeping quiet and out of sight, I slunk from the water and began sneaking softly through the jungle until I reached the village's edge. 

And then, I waited. Night had fallen. Soon, the Matoran would start leaving the streets and return to their homes. When that happened, I could finally make my move, and start snooping around to see what sort of preparations the Ghosts had been making.

IC: Dodge-256

"Whoa, hey," Dodge said, standing beside Zubarahk and drawing his sabre. "What's going on?"

OOC: Resuming interaction with Dodge-256. One-eyed, I am assuming your character is red and silver based on the name alone and the official color scheme for those kind of rahkshi. I will edit this post if I've got it wrong. 

IC (As Albus): "This punk is going to get smacked up after he kicked me in the face." The rahkshi of anger replied as he turned to face the red and silver rahkshi. 

"Don't just stand there, show him how much we hate his antics!" Shouted a male rahkshi as the other students began screaming and shouting for Albus to start beating up Zubarahk. "Now, stand back, things will get pretty messy." He swung a fist into the green Rahkshi, a loud clang of metal ringing through the hallway as Zuba stumbled backwards, watching his world swirl around him.  

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Raptor, Revenger and Rider awoke in darkness. Blackness surrounded them. Anyone else might have been blinded by the all-encompassing dark, but the trio were Rahkshi. They could see that they had been brought underground, to some dismal cave. The humidity in the air and stalactites reaching down from the ceiling suggested this might have been carved out aeons ago by the Eidolon, a long forgotten cousin to the Cauldron. There was a roughly circular space cleared and flattened in the centre of the cave, that looked unsettlingly like the right word to describe it was "arena". There were even stepped tiers of some sort of seating leading up from its circumference, with Matoran milling around apparently looking for a good view. The Rahkshi caught a glimpse of one Matoran walking away with their weapons piled in his arms. 

The trio tried struggling, because who wouldn't, but to no avail. Chains were wrapped around ankles, legs, wrists, arms, looped around their torsos and spines, fastened to collars on their necks...They hadn't been given any room to even wiggle, every joint was held fast and strained to breaking point.

"I grew up here you know. This very village, it is my home." It was a cloaked figure who spoke. Because it is always a cloaked figure in situations like this. What was particularly disturbing about this one though was that his hood shrouded his head in a shadow even the three Rahkshi could not see through. That was...foreboding. As he started advancing on the trio it became clear this was no Matoran. He was as tall as they were, and far more broad. 

"And though in my later years I may have fallen out of favour with my people and my family, I never forgot them." He had reached the side of the arena where the three students were trussed up, and his hood started turned to stare at each of them in turn. 

"So when I received word that they were in dire need of someone to stand up for them, and were requesting, nay, pleading for my help...how could I refuse?" He pointed at Raptor. There was a series of clanks and jangles, and the chains that held the Accurahk came loose and dropped him to the floor.

"And I take the first step in defending them now. I will fight you, shadow-scum. And I will kill you. And then I will do the same to your friends. Because my home still holds that very special place in my heart." He threw off the cloak to reveal...a monster. It looked like he had been a Matoran, maybe once upon a time, but someone had stuck a pump into him and started inflating him with viscous fluid. He wasn't bulky, he was bulgy. Bits of him seemed to have swelled out, and even now throbbed and rippled. His armour was uneven and looked like it had blistered in places, as though exposed to extreme heat or acid. His face...he didn't have a Kanohi anymore that was for sure. What he wore was organic, fleshy and warm, and looked fused to his head. It looked like someone had poured liquid meat over his face and waited until solidified into something smooth and undulating. He held out one hand, the six fingers all different sizes, and a jagged blade of silvery bone creaked and cracked its way out of his palm. 

"Even my new friends on Odina recognise the love I hold for my village. That is why they call me Phantom." He lunged at Raptor with terrifying speed belied by his ungainly shape, the bone-sword slashing at the Rahkshi's neck for a decapitating swing...

OOC: And now you see why I decided to give Phantom-on-the-Water that particular name. Why yes, I have been planning this since day one  :evilgrin:

Gukko Lord, you now get to fight a highly trained and powerful Dark Hunter. And you get to do it unarmed. And having just woken up from a chemically induced coma. Good luck, you're going to need it :P

• Upvote 4

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Raptor

Raptor stumbled to the side, barely avoiding the Hunter's swing. He was panting hard and barely standing. Forcing his body into a fighting stance, he warily watched Phantom for what he would do next.

IC: Wings

Wings woke up and fluttered down to Claws with a quizzical look.

IC: Mantis

Mantis realized that it was either release the foot or be crushed. He let go just as Rail's weak kick connected with his wrist, letting him step away from the walls. Suddenly, he willed the walls to move toward Rail. They converged on him, leaving him the one trapped.

Fang's eyes slowly scanned the Gym, taking in all the fighters and their weapons. Then, his gaze fell on the Arsenal. The equipment was rough, but it provided for a wide variety of combat styles. There, a set of knives. Exxan had asked to help with the forging, and a new set of knives would be perfect for him. He had used them before, and they would be easy to make. Assuming they weren't poisoned.

But then he saw most unusual of the weapons and he frowned. Amidst the rough and cheap blades and staffs were a pair of ornate axes, carefully gilded over dark metal. They had seen some rough use, but treasures like those did not belong in the school's arsenal. Fang stepped up and felt the heavy, unfamiliar weights in his hand. Near them was a staff, similar in style. And there, a rough launcher with a kind of bayonet on the end.

He knew all of them well. They were the weapons Omega wielded on the day he died. They had been thrown in with the others, left to be the playthings of level ones or to gather dust. He pushed back his anger, fearful of melting the handles of the precious axes.

Fang slowly approached Kat and Exxan, his arms full of the strange variety. Kat was trying to avoid talking about their plan, and Exxan wasn't making it any better. Luckily, he had an excuse for them.

"We still have a funeral to plan," he explained to Mahrika. "We have it taken care of."

IC Vaalku

As Vaalku headed away for the night, he stopped by the Infirmary, partly for a rest... And partly for a final goodbye.

He crawled up to the familiar body of Omega. It was lathered in dust. He swiped his hand over it until Omega was visible again.

Taking a piece of armour, his own, barely clinging on after he lost his limbs, he straightened it out and began writing on it, sparks flying. He finished it and left it in his hand, while he crawled out back to his room.

The metal read:

Though some may call me crazy

And others wish me dead

You will always find me

I'll always be alive

OOC: Please don't consider this Metagaming, I was planning this for a while.

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 1

I did my best to hide my surprise. A funeral? So that's what he'd been planning. "Let's get going, then."

IC Mahrika

Gymnasium

Ah, the funeral. No wonder Exxan was so testy about it. "Of course. I'll leave you to it." From what Mahrika had gathered, Fang, Exxan and Kat had known some of the deceased. He headed out of the gym.

IC FOg:

Fog flew back from Xara's shock, accidentally releasing his fog cloud in the process. "Sheesh. I just wanted a spar. You didn't have to practically kill me."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Xara - Gym.

"That's how I spar," I replied icily to the unfamiliar Rahkshi. I didn't even look at him; I was still watching Rail take on Mantis.