Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Hoto - Infirmary

Her caring grin fell away as she left the Infirmary once more. It was only one problem taken care of. She couldn't worry about Dekako anymore. Now, her focus was on "Sontiri." There were too many stories, and none of them were believable. Not even her own mind seemed to be telling the truth. She was hiding what had happened from herself.

The overdue washing did little to help. Though the cold water numbed her various aches, it did not set her confusion at rest.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Sorry for the wait...

IC: Lucid / Dream Forest, Causeway

Lucid looked on, but did not interfere, at least consciously. This was between the plants and Root.

The various flora adorning Root's armor held a whispered discussion, and one plant, upon his head, was selected to speak.

"It is not revenge which will reconcile you, but a change of heart," it declared. From its position on Root's head, close to his ears, its small voice would be plenty loud enough. "We are humble specimens, and know that power and control are not our destiny. Thus we will continue to assist you, if you will promise us that you will treat us not as servants, but comrades. Give us thanks for our assistance, protect us from harm and death, and when we have proved that we are loyal friends, grant us retirement. Promise to do these, and all will be set - "

Suddenly the dream world disappeared, but not in a smooth transition as it had when Lucid could gradually channel the ring's power into the two of them. Tackled to the ground by Shield (for there was no way she could dodge, nor even see his approach, while entranced), Lucid could apply no such moderating effect to the transition this time. Rather than fading, the world was violently ripped apart, revealing the reality of the Causeway, harsh and ugly in comparison to the beauty of the dream.

When she could recover her mind from the shock of being ripped from the dream, Lucid found herself lying on the ground on her side. She shakily tried to push herself up, but fell back onto the cold stone. "Ouch! What was that for?" she demanded indignantly of the Fire Resistance Rahk.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Root - Causeway

"I-I-I w-w-w..."

'Twas all he could manage before the world fell apart before his eyes. Once more, he unheroically collapsed to the ground in shock, only for his searching gaze to find the Causeway before him once more. Lucid was in Shield's grasp.

Root shakily pulled himself upright and looked down upon the pair. "S-s-she w-w-w-was t-t-trying t-t-to h-help," he explained. "I... h-h-have w-w-wronged those th-that should h-have b-b-been my f-f-friends. She showed m-me th-their p-p-p-pain."

IC: Lucid / Causeway

Lucid weakly tried to shove Shield away from her. "Get off me, you countertophead." she said, irritated. She must have been feeling a little better, since she was already coming up with insults no one in their right mind could conceive. "He asked me to show him, and you ruined it." It just wasn't fair. You tried to do a good deed, and some idiot came along and just messed it up, because 'oh, it wasn't real, nyeh.' Who cared about the real world? Lucid never had. Dreams were so much more beautiful.

IC: Xara - Beach.

"I don't really know anyone." I said dejectedly. It was starting to dawn on me just how much of an absolutely awful person I'd been to everyone I'd met these past few months. "I'm afraid I...." I trailed off, looking up at the Causeway. 

We'd come full circle around the beach, it seemed. "What's the Terrain Crawler doing there?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Xara - Beach.

"An assignment?" I guessed. "Come on Sand, let's go find out." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sanurahk-Crawler

Ok, everyones sitting down in seats, that allows be to have room on the Floor to Ready up! He Put on the Helmet he was Crafting.

A bit tight, and not exactly made to be the Greatest-Helmet ever, but it will work.

He started Crafting a Brass knuckle

This Assignment will be Dangerous, but I'm ready! Wow its hard to work in here, its tight, and Cramped, but it'll do.

He made lots of noise, lots of it, but Crafting was two things

Messy, and Noisy.

"OW!" He Hit his finger with his tool, "Again!" He complained. 

Oh well, thats what I get for Trying to build in tight Spaces.

OOC: Open for interaction on the Crawler

IC: Vorzorak-Crawler

Vorzorak was looking in his Book that he made. he titled it Vorzorak's Encyclopedia. It was a Compilation of all the info he could Find in the Library. and fit in his Notepad. the one thing he was looking at Specifically, was Visorak, the Island, and the Species.

OOC: Also, Open for interaction. 

Edited by Dragon11603

IC: Root - Causeway

His companions gaze was indeed pitiable. His tone softened, as he approached the dejected Rahkshi. "M-m-my th-thanks f-for... your p-protection, if 'twas unnecessary. C-come! We h-have an adventure t-t-to p-partake in!"

Root twirled off towards the transport once more, as cheery as he had ever been, though his facade covered a deep regret. He did not know why, or how, but he knew one thing:

"I w-w-will m-m-make amends," he whispered to his green coat.

IC: Tube - Causeway

Tube hopped down from the rock they had been perched on with a sigh. "I don't see Legion," they declared. "I guess we'll just have to go... unless you want to stay here?"

The assignment wouldn't be as fun without a master... but at least they had Whak.

Edited by Click

IC Kat:

"Did something happen between you two while I was gone....?"

IC Poly:

We returned to our room still undisturbed. Despite many claiming to dislike or oppose killings, it seemed none of them cared enough to intervene when the person carried their kill proudly.

Strange, these Rahkshi.

IC: Sidonas - Terrain Crawler

"Good. Question is: Is there a forge nearby? And I'm running out of supplies. Left Suvak a note so I could ask him later if he could possibly get an order for some casts, metals, and other forging and smithing equipment for the school. Guess that will have to wait until we return after the assignment." Sidonas took a breath. His forging would need to wait until after the assignment. He pulled out his Codex and looked over the sword design he had finalized.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Tube sat back down on the rock and looked up defiantly at Whak. "It's not too dangerous for us!" they proclaimed.

Their head hung proudly in the air for a moment before stooping back down to its default position. "...unless... you wanted to stay. I'll... I'll stay with you, Whak. You're nice."

IC: Fang - Crawler

He glared fiercely at Exxan once more before his gaze fell to the ground. "I tried to talk to him," he hissed. "I told him I didn't... appreciate how he treated my friends... how he treated you. And he turned on me... tearing at everything I have ever done. I could... I should have killed him. We don't need Rahkshi like him."

IC: Lucid / Causeway

Lucid stood, brushed herself off, and attempted to enter the Terrain Crawler. Of special significance is the word 'attempted.' What she actually did was walk right into the door-frame (or whatever you call the edge in a repurposed Rahi where the entrance meets the wall). Maybe, still woozy from the shock of being ripped from the dream, she had thought the door was about 3 feet to the right of where it really was?

Regardless, she staggered backwards and collapsed on the ground and mumbled something like, 'deliver a prophecy... me?' Obviously just the ramblings of insanity, a concussion, or both. Right?

Edited by Johnrahk

OOC: I know. Writing a prophecy can be difficult.

IC: Lucid / Causeway, Terrain Crawler

For a moment Lucid did not respond, merely lay on the ground, murmuring incomprehensibly.

Then suddenly she took Silver's hand, bolted upright and, staring into space, spoke. Not to anyone in particular, but in a strangely faraway voice loud enough that anyone might hear it, if they listened. Not that, coming from Lucid, they'd pay much attention, but if they did, they might be unnerved by what they heard.

"The danger is becoming clear. By the time the crawler returns here, there will be two Rahkshi dead, who were alive when this was read."

As soon as the strange recitation had ended, Lucid's eyes focused on Silver and she smiled, apparently unaware of what she had just said. "Thanks," she said, in her normal dreamy voice.

OOC: And all this is true, because it rhymes. EDIT: Which is to say, the prophecy is just made up, not necessarily intended or believed to be true.

Edited by Johnrahk

IC: Lucid / Terrain Crawler

Lucid nodded, coming to comprehend. "Oh, that. I don't know. If you specify everything, it's not a prophecy anymore, is it? Anyways, that wasn't real. I was just practicing for the talent show." She stopped, alarmed. "The talent show! It's happening now, isn't it. Hmm. I did say I'd go to that..." She paused once more, debating whether or not to leave the crawler.

IC: Lucid / Terrain Crawler to Causeway

Lucid finally made up her mind. The talent show it was. "I suppose I'll be going," she said to Silver. "Good luck!" With that, she exited the Terrain Crawler and came onto the Causeway.

In all honesty, she was relieved to have an excuse not to be going. It was difficult to fight with just a ring. Oh, it could be done. In the same way she had shown Root a scene of beauty she could show an enemy a scene of terror that would break their mind and spirit. But that required a one-on-one confrontation, or the victim's allies could simply drag her away, as Shield had proven. And on Nynrah she was not likely to get that.

But enough thinking about the real world. It was too dreary and dangerous. Lucid wandered up the Causeway, approaching the school.

OOC: Lucid open for interation.

IC: Shark / Terrain Crawler

Shark listened intently to Lucid's strange prophecy, and ensuing conversation with his new 'friend.' He didn't believe in the supernatural. Tridax had spoken of the dangers of Nynrah, and it was a reasonable assumption that two Rahkshi would die. And if he had his way, her prophecy would come at least half true.

"What a strange Rahk," he said casually to Silver.

IC: Shark / Terrain Crawler

Shark considered this. "Well, none quite like her," he decided. "But there are all sorts of crazies around. Not long ago, I saw one guy spoke of himself in the plural and apparently lugged around a dead body with him everywhere." Poly was probably among the creepier weirdos of Corpus Rahkshi, which made him suit Shark's purposes perfectly. Knowing there were numerous dangerous mad-Rahks out there would impress upon him how sane Shark obviously was, and how important it was to have a strong friend by your side in this murderous place.

"I gave him every chance to leave!" Fang roared. "I asked, I threatened, I forced, and still he remained! He killed Omega for less! I..."

His voice fell. He was standing now in the middle of the vehicle. His armor glowed with heat, outlining each of Kat's carefully painted designs. The last echoes of his words still lingered in the metal hull.

The others could not have missed it. His hands fell to his sides, and he cooled at the realization.

IC: Root - Crawler

His slow pace did not allow him to assist the damsel, though he would have. She had already spouted her wisdom and run off by the time he could arrive. As he stepped aboard, he gave a small bow to the maiden who had assisted her. "M-m-m'lady," he greeted as he climbed aboard.

And so began their quest...

"Oh-kay," Tube groaned as they wearily stood and began walking back into the school. What would they do while everyone was gone?

IC Kat:

"And you didn't take that step!" I challenged.

"You had a life in your hands, one you could have ended, and you didn't. You chose not to. And I'm proud of that."

I spared a glance at Exxan.

"Fang, you chose the path that wasn't easy. Not everyone can hold to values like you or I do. It's a constant struggle. You did the right thing."

IC: Exxan - Terrain Crawler.

You ever get the feeling that someone is talking about you?

Yeah, I was having that feeling right now, mostly because Fang was shouting loud enough to be heard in Malebranche. But in spite of all of his faults (and he had a lot of them), he was still the one Rahk most likely to lead the operation I had planned.

His name remained at the top of my list. 

He sank back into his chair next to Kat. "No, I didn't take the step," he repeated softly. "But I should have. His life was literally in my hands. One small flinch and I could have crushed him." His voice came out as a low growl, and his fists clenched with plasma.

He suddenly looked up, his face a disturbingly calm mask. "I may not have killed him, but I am not allowing him near me again. If you're... we're going to escape, leave him out of it."