Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Rain - Visorak Jungle (Team Doublecross)

Karz, that wasn't how it was supposed to go. The first gust did little, as she was already braced against the tree, but she caught the glimmer of a knife in the second. A blast of wind of her own sent the knife off course and into the underbrush, and still she sat like a Mahi awaiting the slaughter.

Come on... come on...

IC: Exxan - Backstab (Jungle). 

I focused my powers, pulling the knife back into my waiting hand. She was clearly waiting for me to attack her. Like a cornered rat, she was at her most vicious right now. I needed some way to take her by surprise....

....there we go.

Without moving my hands, I focused my powers on a small branch lying on the ground behind her, pulling it forward on an intercept course with her legs. It wouldn't do any damage, but it'd certainly be unexpected. 

And in anticipation of that moment of surprise, I flung my knife once more. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rain - Visorak Jungle - (Team Doublecross)

He didn't seem to be making any moves. Did he know what she was after?

...something tapped her leg, but she ignored it. There were plenty of plants that could have just brushed against her. Whatever it was, it was less important than the knife thrower before her. Apparently, Stripes didn't seem to understand that basic survival skill, because almost simultaneously she caught another flash of a knife hurtling towards her. Another gust of wind, and it was sent skittering to the side again.

She glared at him, begging him to stop playing games and do something. She lazily waved one of her sticks in his direction.

That's right, come and get me, you Brakas.

I started moving cautiously forwards, sword at the ready. 

As I did, I focused my powers on the sticks she was holding and tried to wrench them from her hands.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

There we go... wait... Karzkarzkarz...

Her limp, pathetic grip was all to easy to slip her only weapons out of. And once again, Rain was left defenseless with a foe bearing down on her. This time, there would be no hesitation.

Her eyes widened, and she dove into the bushes after the knife she had so foolishly thrown away, all the while praying to every Makuta she knew that he wouldn't just gut her then and there.

Where is it, where is it?

Remembrance flashed, and the two sticks flying towards my were cut apart in midair. I quickened my pace, moving up behind my opponent and slashing at my foe as she threw herself into the bushes. 

He had to be right behind her. She could swear she could already feel the blade cutting across her back...

Her hand brushed against something metallic, and she quickly traced it up to the hilt, snatching and spinning all in one smooth motion. She didn't care what she hit, but she had to get him away!

He was right there. Closer than she had feared. Just where she had dared to hope. The knife slashed towards his side even as his blade hacked into her armor. The cut was not in her Kraata, just pain, nothing... to be... concerned abou...

What has he done?

Edited by Click

The knife thudded into my side, and I grunted in pain, clamping my hand over the hilt of the blade to stop her from pulling it free and using it again. I could see her expression: confusion and surprise. She was learning exactly what Remembrance was capable of. 

I pulled the sword free, then struck out with the pommel at her head, trying to knock her out. 

Her weary, sickened body gave little resistance to unconsciousness, and she soon fell under the blow. Her hand slipped from the dagger as she tumbled to the ground.

This is how it ends... so much unfulfilled...

I left the knife buried in my side. If I pulled it out I would just end up bleeding all over the place, and I'd lost enough fluid as it was today. Raising Remembrance high, I took a deep breath, and swung down at the unconscious Rahkshi's Kraata case....

.....and stopped.

This was too much like last time. A weapon raised high to deliver a killing blow to an opponent who couldn't make a move to defend themselves.... And I remembered the consequences of that, the words Tridax had spoken....

"You are supposed to intelligent. More so than your predecessors. And yet you solved this with a remarkably old fashioned solution. Bash it until its gone. You could have found ways to neutralise his threat to you without eliminating him entirely. It would have taken intelligence and long-term planning but you could have. You chose not to. And now you seem unable to admit it to yourself. You can keep telling yourself that what you did was necessary, noble even. But I think we both know that you didn't do it to spare Omega my ire, or to save conflict in the future. You did it because it was easy." 

I didn't want to prove him right. I couldn't take the easy way out this time. 

I sheathed my sword, and looked down at the unconscious Rahkshi. Find another way... Pulling open their Kraata case, I gently removed the Kraata, and started walking away. Prove Tridax wrong...

Cao was here now. He and Kat could hopefully handle the silence rahk. And when I was done carrying this Kraata to the Crawler, I'd come back here, and take her suit apart so she could never hurt anyone ever again. 

IC: Silver - Visorak wilds

I sat down next to the dead insect ad stretched. When I tried to get back up, I felt the pressure falling on my hurt foot and nearly cried out loud. Bending down again, I grabbed some vines from the underbrush and started systematically wrapping it around the foot, gasping slightly every time it came into contact with my wound. When I was satisfied, I propped myself back up and tested it out. The limp wasn't too serious now, but that wasn't to say it was gone. Karz, I was still in fighting shape.

Now I had to find Vorjak. Knowing his powers, I started trying to find an area where there was no sound by humming softly so only I could hear it. As soon as it involuntarily stopped, I'd know I was in the right place.

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds

Was that Caoutchouc approaching? Indeed, it was. And with Rain unlikely to win against Exxan (or had she already lost? Time was weird) he was outnumbered and and underpowered by his vengeful attackers.

Perhaps it was time to prepare for a retreat.

The Silence Rahkshi began to circle Kat, orienting himself at a better position from which to escape to the nearby Crawler. A predator reasonably cautious, Shark awaited an attack from either opponent with mind and weapons ready.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Shock

Looking at Nightmare, he was about to ask if he could go when he remembered. He looked at the taller Rahk, and said, "The matoran are apparently very hostile, sad face. Can't go, as I would rather like my legs." Shock was very sad, now that his Cordak dreams were gone.

IC: Vitesse

Vitesse released a sigh as she heard that this electric Rahk would not get a Cordak- before she realized she had let out a sigh. Why the karz did I do that!? Vitesse thought, furious at herself. Now they surely would know she was here. She prepared for the worst.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"Shock. And this is my little comrade, Nightmare. Apparently, some students did something so all the matoran their hate us. The nerve of some people!" Shock said. He then thought he heard something in that room, but it mIght of been nothing. Even so, he looked into the room.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: The Oohnorak scurried through the village, securing the routes from the Low Way to the village's walls. Encountering no resistance from the students at Farsholt, they quickly swarmed to the defences of the settlement and overran them, taking the walls for themselves.

That was when the screeching began.

They were calling out to the rest of their number, waiting in the jungles. With no risk of being fired upon from stone ramparts, the rest of the swarm skittered and surged out from their cover in the tree, heading for the walls. There would be no chance for a last minute evacuation to Stelt this time, they were going to seize the village and raze it to the ground.

And to that end, onto the field came the current Queen of the Oohnorak.

Even by Kahgarak standards it was enormous, a behemoth of burnished gold and dark blue. Though only trudging along at a steady pace it was outstripping most of the swarm purely through the sheer length of its strides. A Rhotuka whorled into existence on its back, blotchy purple like a giant bruise and big enough you could have seated a family dinner around it. The spinner hurtled into the sky and erupted into a noxious black cloud. The Queen was blanketing the sky with Darkness, thick enough to blind even Rahkshi sight. The monster was making sure no attack would come from any eyes in the sky, not when they were being choked on the inky tendrils still spreading over the village...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Silver - Visorak wilds

My humming came to an abrupt stop within a few minutes. It was Vorjak. It had to be. I moved in a little closer, keeping my eyes wide open.

Yep, there he was, and... two attackers? The stretchy one and another with a sword. Karz. Time to even out the odds.

I started to circle around the miniature battlefield, keeping to the shadows of trees as I crept up on the Turahk. Steady... steady...

IC: Era - Backstab (Farsholt Village Ruins).

Whatever that was, it sounded big. Moving cautiously and quietly, I started down the stairs and headed out onto the street...

IC: Sliver - Doublecross (Farsholt Village Lighthouse). 

Once again sheltering at the top of the lighthouse, I saw the Kahgarak - a colossus of blue and gold - enter the village, only for it to blanket the ruins in darkness. Karz... I couldn't see a karzing thing. 

IC: Exxan - Backstab (Terrain Crawler).

"Suvak!" I reached the Crawler, still holding the wounded Kraata gently in my hand, "This one needs help." I was conscious of the knife still sticking out of my side, but I wouldn't get that seen to until I was sure the Kraata was going to be alright. 

IC: Jayar / Actor's Cradle

With Hoto in his arm, glorious music radiating off of the orchestra, Jayar could have been content if the idyllic situation lasted for almost an eternity. But the symphony could only last so long, and before eternity could even come close to passing, the final movement had arrived, and musical tension was beginning to resolve into unabated lyrical triumph that made it clear: the end was approaching. Another moment, and it concluded in a final burst, fulfilled.

Then silence, followed in a moment by the obvious audience response: thunderous applause.

IC: Vorzorak-Visorak Beaches

Vorzorak Told Himself not to look back. Any Rahkshi who are in the Village still, would never leave.

Now he looked back.

He Saw a Mess of Black and Yellow Advancing on the Village.

Don't look back. Don't Look back.

He Continued down the Shore towards the Crawler.

IC: Sanu

Sanu was having his dream about better Refectory Slop again. 

IC: Blade

Blade Had seen the rest the Group Disband, so he went to the Library.

IC: Nightmare

"You think I haven't figured that out yet?"

IC: Revenge-Library

Revenge turned around only to see that everyone had gone.  He sighed.  "What do you want to do now Rider?"

IC: Booger-Hallway

Booger left the infirmary, overjoyed at being reunited with his fingers, and began to wander the halls looking for Xara.

IC: Melody-Refectory

Melody grabbed a tray of food and sat down in a corner, all alone.

OOC: All characters open for interaciton.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

Fang fell against another tree, gasping for breath. He shouldn't have gone out here. Maybe an hour ago, he was on his deathbed. He should have died. And now he was stumbling around the forest like a fool. 

He couldn't hear Kat ahead of him any longer. He hadn't heard anything for a while. Except Exxan, stomping back and forth through the forest like he had some important mission. Fang had no words for the Rahkshi of Vacuum. Not that he could have managed them.

He pushed himself up, took a few slow steps, then nearly fell again.

Karz...

IC: Tube - Library

Tube frown as they heard the crazy Rahkshi's announcement. No wonder he was so mean. He wanted to put Whak back in the smelly suit! He was working with Legion!

They looked up to Whak and whispered perhaps too loudly "We should go."

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

The music rose, higher than it ever had, picking her up on the crest... only to fall into silence. Hoto tried to hold on to that last lingering note, but it was dashed away by a horrendous cacophony. The staccato noise beat against her, throwing off her vision and making her delicate ears ring. She pulled away from Jayar and cringed into her seat.

Why would they do that, after the music was so nice?

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

"Fine, fine. So, do we look for an army?" Shock said, hoping he could command stuff.

This could be awful. Vitesse whispered, "on the count of three, we rush. These guys are going to kill somebody, and we need to warn someone. One..."

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Scoops

Suddenly, the counting and the need to run turned something on inside Scoops. His muscles became firm and strong, and his mind was more concentrated, his eyes darting wildly, but with purpose.

Scoops took off, moving as quickly as he could, which was quite fast indeed! He swung his rock as he ran, giving it momentum in case he was attacked. It was exciting, exhilarating! It felt good to run, to be a rakhshi, and though he was in danger, nothing felt better than to move for him in that moment.

Nightmare turned up his fear powers again. "You had to open your Big Karzing mouth." He said, He was about to reach for a knife, but then he Realized Shock would be cowering with fear if he did so. He Charged at the two attackers. Staff Forward

The Combined force of me running, plus the other rahkshi running, would make it even more powerful.

"WHAT THE KARZ-I WAS JOKING!" Shock shouted, pulling out his sword. He swung at a-he stopped."WHAT KIND OF KARZING COLOR IS PINK!!?" He swung again, pouring his power into his blade, at the pink Rahk

Vitesse pulled out her bow, and shot an arrow at the short one. She then said,"Follow me!" And started running to the Library.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

Nightmare Turned his Shoulder forward so that the arrow wound wasn't anything Super bad, and the took his Staff in the Shot arm, Stopped for a second, took a Knife off his foot, and threw it at the retreating Rahkshi.

I Karzing hope Shock doesn't notice the knife, as currently its probably a flower again.

IC: Jayar / Actor's Cradle

Jayar grimaced at the sudden jarring transition: from calm to cacophony, and from Hoto's closeness to her cringing retreat.

If his perfect moment had to end, why did it have to end like this? Why did destiny decree that these crowds stand and clap, ignorant of the pain they were inflicting upon the one Rahkshi who meant more to him than anything? Even in bursts of generosity fate couldn't help but throw in a sly last remark, a painful addendum just to remind you that it was cruel as much as kind.

Thankfully another, less jarring transition was soon occurring - the amphitheatre's patrons were slowly ceasing their manic applause. When it was quiet enough to speak, Jayar lay one gentle, consoling hand upon Hoto's shoulder. "Hey... you okay?" he asked, concerned.