Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Shock

"Honestly, limbs sound good right about now. Unless there is a warehouse where they store weapons and only visit every so often..." Shock said, hoping for some good weapons.

IC: Vitesse

After training, Vitesse went to the roof to observe the mainland and think about the day. She got up there and went to the edge, observing everything. She scanned the area, over the guard cam- wait. Where were the guards? Granted, they were probably switching shifts. Nothing to worry about. She sighed a sigh of relief, and continued observing the land.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC Vaalku

Arriving at the infirmary, Vaalku proceeded to the Rahk pile. Omega was gone.

Maybe Fang finally buried him in an attempt to drown his own self doubt. Bah.

Either way, Omega's corpse was gone, and he needed to find the metal. So he checked over the room.

Ah, there it is. On one of the beds. Looks like it would be enough for a handheld harp frame, but what about the strings? he could still manage them, but making tightly wound pieces of metal and then melting them to the thing was going to be hard.

Scooping up the metal, Vaalku crawled out and towards the Gym. He would need some time to work on this with no interruptions, unless someone wanted half a pound of molten metal going down their throat.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds Near Crawler

Unwilling to allow Kat to pin him down entirely, Shark pushed back against her. With all the power inherent in such an enormous Rahkshi he pushed her up and aside, hoping ultimately to roll over and situate himself on top of her.

IC: Jayar / Fourth Tier

Suddenly the glimpse of light was swallowed up again and Jayar was confronted once more with Phogen as a dangerous enemy. Already, it had threatened the three others present with undefined 'repercussions.' That was hardly the request of a true friend! Clearly (and perhaps rightfully) Phogen did not trust him, but if it wanted him to be quiet, it didn't need to threaten any of them. It could have just asked.

"Not at all," he told Phogen coolly.

OOC: Hope that Shark made actual sense, I'm pressed for time and probably won't be on again until tomorrow morning.

IC Catatonic:

He managed to throw me off, but I landed easily on my feet, lunging forward again before he could get back on his feet.

my blade speared for his arm, the one holding the massive sword. I'd cut off his limbs if I had to.

"Alrighty then." Shock said, flying along. Truth be told, he did not fully trust Torch, as it turns out it's hard to trust anybody with a giant urge to kill somebody. He should know, too.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds, Near Crawler

Shark might not be fast enough to get to his feet before Kat, but he did manage to bring his massive sword around and bat aside Kat's incoming attack, and as he stood, swept Faithful across the sandy ground and then up towards Kat, sending a multitude of arenaceous projectiles towards her face.

This fight was growing a little bit close for comfort, though. As soon as he was upright he began to backpedal towards the Crawler, weapons at the ready to defend his retreat. There was no guilt or worry of displaying cowardice, he was merely being practical. Kat could clearly outfight him, today.

That smile was sickening. After admitting to being a deviously manipulative monster, Phogen had the audacity to try and recruit him!?

In a way, it had the right idea. Strong, respectful leadership was something the Rahkshi could benefit from. But not under someone who admitted in rare moments of actual honesty to being a finely-honed instrument of pure unfettered malignance.

Wouldn't that be better than the current anarchy, though?

This and more questions writhed in Jayar's mind, and he had not the time to answer them now. In truth, though he felt he disagreed with Phogen's political beliefs (which, as he could gather, were best described as 'I should rule', even if it did slyly contest that this was only because it just happened to be the best leader available), he knew not what, exactly, he did agree with. Maybe he just wanted to agree with Hoto? But that couldn't work. Unless...? Unless unless unless. It was too much to think on now.

"Regardless of what you prefer to refer to your cabal as, I have no intention of serving under you at the moment." he declared. "If I should contemplate and decide otherwise, I will inform you; but I am certain that as wonderful a leader you will be understanding should I not." His words were decisive, praise just sarcastic enough to remain polite. A contrast with the inner uncertainty he would prefer only he knew of, but realized sadly it was unlikely to expect Phogen not to pick up on, even though he'd given his best lack of indications of it.

• Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

Hoto hung her head in disappointment. She had expected he couldn't trust Phogen enough to join her, but the thought didn't make it any better.

IC: Fang - Visorak Shoreline (Team Backstab)

Fang shook himself out of the shock of watching Kat get hurt and finally staggered to her side. The Rahkshi of Silence was in retreat, and perhaps now was a good time to put an end to everything. At least, before Suvak interfered.

He calmly put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a meaningful look. "It is finished."

• Upvote 1

IC: Silver - Visorak wilds

Ah, the psycho Rahk. Should I really care...? I contemplated letting my opponent go. Surely it could be a bluff...

No.

No matter what the golden Rahkshi did, I wouldn't willingly let someone die.

"Fine," I sad to my enemy, brushing down my naginata's blade.

"But only if I come with you."

IC: Exxan - Backstab (Jungle).

"I think you're misunderstanding me," I said cautiously, not sheathing my sword, "you will take that armour back to your teammate, and I will stop your other teammate from killing my friends."

Without waiting for him to respond, I started moving off in the direction Kat and her foe had gone. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Silver - Visorak wilds

Wha-? He was probably heading to help the Turahk finish Vorjak off, expecting me to go out and save my teammate. This decision... I grit my teeth. I'd rather let a psychotic murderer die than my only friend. I had no doubt he was holding his own for now, but with yet another opponent... and, from a strategic viewpont, was more important to my team than a powerless Kraata.

"I'm not going anywhere. And neither are you."

I could barely hear him by the time he finished mulling over his thoughts and actually spoke up, because I'd already started flying off in the direction the two combatants had gone in. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Of course, since I was following an actual path through the trees, had a headstart, and was flying at full speed, it was literally impossible for my pursuer to catch up with or overtake me. 

I soon reached the beach, and landed only to find Kat and Fang, with their opponent already in retreat. 

"You're just going to let him run away?" 

IC Vaalku

Arriving at the Gym, he summoned up a furnace to work with. It was in the corner, too, so he could watch the room for anyone that could attack him. He set the mulch of metal on the side and summoned up a chair as well. Now, how to shape the thing with one hand...

He really needed another arm.

IC: Snake - Refectory

"C'mon then, let's ask the first person we see. You comin' or not, Dodge?"

IC: Torch - Nynrah

An expanse of forest rolls out in front of the pair. If it is possible for something to loom up at you while actually being below you, this ominous area of woodland manages it. The trees are bottle-green pines, darkness lacing them like a drink spiked with shadows, the evergreens as thick as metaphors...

A minute or two passes, and the woodland becomes more scattered and sparse, patches of the amber, iron-encrusted ground below coming into view like holes in a well-worn shirt. In the distance, a patch of forest is blackened and charred, trees petrified by intense heat. Torch looks a little guilty.

Kathok

IC: Era - Backstab (Terrain Crawler).

Having followed the path for quite some time, I finally stumbled out of the trees and into the clearing. "The Visorak have taken Farsholt!" I wheezed, panting for breath, "They've got Venom Flyers, and a Kahgarak." 

IC: Illusive - Empty Dorm Wing.

This is too easy.... With the assignment, and dawn fast approaching, there were barely any students out in the corridors at all. Apart from a few incidents where I had to use Legion to hide us from view, we made our way through the school unharassed. 

Why are you doing this? the voice was back, but its pleas were half-hearted at best. It sounded.... tired. 

Because I have to.

The voice didn't respond this time. It was giving up.

I pushed open the door to one of the rooms and placed the Matoran on the floor, laying his weapons out beside him. Removing his bonds, I stepped back, and shut the door. He was a bomb just waiting to go off.

When he and the others awoke.... things would really get interesting....

Charred forest? Heading in the direction of a flamethrower? This guy had some issues. Maybe we need counseling... Nah! Shock thought, flying on. Even so, the trees looked angry that somebody burnt their friends. Organisms tend to do that, but still.

IC: Vitesse

Vitesse continued observing the land, when she saw it. The trees in an area were gone, as if they had been burned. By a pyromaniac... Vitesse thought, shuddering. For a moment, she thought two shapes were flying through that area- a white and blue one, and a blue and green one with red and yellow on it. But they were gone. Shaking her head, she looked around on the island, seeing if she could see the villages.

OOC: Vitesse open for interaction on the roof.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Alpha/Crawler

I made it. Having taken a longer route, I came in right after Era as she told the occupants of the Crawler about the infestation.

"And a few Rahkshi are still there!" I shouted.

IC: Punch + Uppercut/Crawler

~Ugh....what happened?...Wait. You're not Counterpunch!~ said Punch.

IC Vaalku

By melting the metal a little, he was able to curve it, give it shape and formation. He would need a crescent shape first, followed by the metal strings, then detail it all, and get a way to do it. While this seemed hard Vaalku knew better than some others at the school if you don't start something it'll never get done.

He wished he could just make a mold rise from the floor, that would make it go faster.

OOC: would that be allowed, or no?

IC: Mortsia

Mortsia was in the library, reading some poetry. This would have been normal(ish), if it were not for the fact that he was hanging by the claws of his feet on the ceiling. He didn't mind the strange looks he got, either. He casually turned the page, looked around, and continued reading.

OOC: Mortsia open for interaction in the library.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

That smile was sickening. After admitting to being a deviously manipulative monster, Phogen had the audacity to try and recruit him!?

In a way, it had the right idea. Strong, respectful leadership was something the Rahkshi could benefit from. But not under someone who admitted in rare moments of actual honesty to being a finely-honed instrument of pure unfettered malignance.

This and more questions writhed in Jayar's mind, and he had not the time to answer them now. In truth, though he felt he disagreed with Phogen's political beliefs (which, as he could gather, were best described as 'I should rule', even if it did slyly contest that this was only because it just happened to be the best leader available), he knew not what, exactly, he did agree with. Maybe he just wanted to agree with Hoto? But that couldn't work. Unless...? Unless unless unless. It was too much to think on now.

"Regardless of what you prefer to refer to your cabal as, I have no intention of serving under you at the moment." he declared. "If I should contemplate and decide otherwise, I will inform you; but I am certain that as wonderful a leader you will be understanding should I not." His words were decisive, praise just sarcastic enough to remain polite. A contrast with the inner uncertainty he would prefer only he knew of, but realized sadly it was unlikely to expect Phogen not to pick up on, even though he'd given his best lack of indications of it.

IC Phogen: Jayar was alright at the verbal sparring involved here, but his sarcasm made for a very, very poor shield for his insecurities. And Phogen knew that even the best shields would rust if given the right prompting. But like any fine product of craftsmanship, rhetoric required as much delicacy as it did pressure. Too much and one courted defensiveness, too little and the impact was not felt.

So, she decided to give him a slight nudge. And she knew exactly what to nudge him with. If Jayar was as smart as she hoped, he would read between the lines and see what should eventually be the impetus for his doubts.

Turning the smile smarmy and slightly dismissive, Phogen responded with "Well if Hoto considers you smart enough to date, it's only a matter of time before you make the right decision."

He rose gracefully, dusting himself off. "I look forward to receiving your application." To punctuate it, he offered a winsome smile, and a hand to Hoto to help her up.

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Shark / Visorak Wilds, Near Crawler

Shark might not be fast enough to get to his feet before Kat, but he did manage to bring his massive sword around and bat aside Kat's incoming attack, and as he stood, swept Faithful across the sandy ground and then up towards Kat, sending a multitude of arenaceous projectiles towards her face.

This fight was growing a little bit close for comfort, though. As soon as he was upright he began to backpedal towards the Crawler, weapons at the ready to defend his retreat. There was no guilt or worry of displaying cowardice, he was merely being practical. Kat could clearly outfight him, today.

Hoto hung her head in disappointment. She had expected he couldn't trust Phogen enough to join her, but the thought didn't make it any better.

Fang shook himself out of the shock of watching Kat get hurt and finally staggered to her side. The Rahkshi of Silence was in retreat, and perhaps now was a good time to put an end to everything. At least, before Suvak interfered.

He calmly put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a meaningful look. "It is finished."

Of course, since I was following an actual path through the trees, had a headstart, and was flying at full speed, it was literally impossible for my pursuer to catch up with or overtake me. 

I soon reached the beach, and landed only to find Kat and Fang, with their opponent already in retreat. 

"You're just going to let him run away?" 

IC Catatonic:

The weight of his strike spun me around, making the sand and dirt miss my face, and instead sent it spattering across my back. I whirled around to see him retreating.

I shrugged out of Fangs grip as Exxan showed up.

"It's not over."

I threw my blade in the dirt, the point sinking deeply into the soil.

"And he's not getting away from me."

I charged at him, closing the distance, and sending a solid punch rocketing for his chest.

But Hoto didn't reach out immediately. She was turned off to the side in thought, not focused on Phogen or Jayar.

It was never Jayar's intelligence that had brought her closer to him. Didn't Phogen see his kindness or consideration for her?

And... those words were so familiar. "If you're smart...," "If you really care..." It... almost implied that, just by disagreeing with Phogen, Jayar was not smart, or did not care. Of course she wanted him to join, to understand how good Phogen was. But it stung to hear anyone say that about the one she loved.

She just sat there for far too long. At last, she turned back to Phogen, her eyes staring at the offered hand without seeing it. Her voice was soft and fragile. "He is smart, but that was never why I... date him."

And with that, she stood up on her own.

Was he right all along?

His hand fell from her shoulder and weakly settled at his side. He didn't have the strength to stop her this time, just like before. But this couldn't go on. He couldn't watch that Rahkshi hurt her any longer.

He did all he could. "Kat... please," he murmured in a strained yet tender tone.

• Upvote 1

But Hoto didn't reach out immediately. She was turned off to the side in thought, not focused on Phogen or Jayar.

It was never Jayar's intelligence that had brought her closer to him. Didn't Phogen see his kindness or consideration for her?

And... those words were so familiar. "If you're smart...," "If you really care..." It... almost implied that, just by disagreeing with Phogen, Jayar was not smart, or did not care. Of course she wanted him to join, to understand how good Phogen was. But it stung to hear anyone say that about the one she loved.

She just sat there for far too long. At last, she turned back to Phogen, her eyes staring at the offered hand without seeing it. Her voice was soft and fragile. "He is smart, but that was never why I... date him."

And with that, she stood up on her own.

Was he right all along?

IC Phogen: Ah. A slight stumble. But not irrecoverable in the slightest. This honesty thing was tricky. Like rhetoric, too much of it appeared to make the air toxic. Phogen chose his associates due to their power and capacity for growth to said power. Others appeared to pick other traits. Summing up Hoto in his mind, he rapidly came to the conclusion that she chose her friends based on altruism and trustworthiness.

The irony was not lost on her friend Phogen.

In any case, there was a rebound that needed to be made. He sighed, a bit ashamedly, and said "As I, in my often clinical thinking, overlooked. Can I rescind the specificity and acidity of my statement, and say instead that I simply trust your judge of character, Hoto?"

She turned to Jayar, looking just abashed enough to lose a confrontational edge, but with enough confident swagger to continue to hold opposition, and asked "And may I retract implications at your inadequacy in exchange for admission that confidence in my system is a personal opinion and not a hard fact, Jayar?"

Apologies were warranted, and while Phogen hated giving them out, he could also recognize when they were necessary. Better to give them willingly to friends that deserved them than enemies that demanded them at staffpoint.

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Hoto nodded and gave a small smile, but there was little conviction behind them.

That tiny crack in Phogen's character still remained.

The opposing sides were stretching further apart, and once more, she was caught in between.

IC: Shark / Just Outside Crawler

What, seriously? She was attacking him without a weapon when he had two? Three if you counted his one intact elbow fin? It had to be a trap, she was going to pump him full of illusory fear again. He prepared himself for the icy rush of adrenaline and swung Faithful to intercept her wrist with enough force to slice halfway through it.

So much for treating everyone with respect! This time even Hoto had felt the sting in Phogen's words, words that made Jayar only more certain that Phogen was not the leader the school needed. Wait... that wasn't it. Phogen would be perfect for the school, for Tridax. But not the for Rahkshi as their own people. Not if they were to be distinct from the Makuta and those who came before.

For that, they needed... what?

Not Phogen, though.

"Of course," Jayar determined, now no hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Though I won't accept employment, I will most certainly accept a gracious apology."

Fang watched as the Silence Rahkshi's ally fell towards Kat. He couldn't allow that. One deadly opponent would be enough.

He raised a hand and a stream of plasma blasted out into the falling Rahkshi's path. In his condition, it was not especially powerful, but it would be enough to force him to swerve or suffer.

IC: Shark / Just Outside Crawler

With his blade buried in Kat's wrist it was all too easy for Shark to keep pushing and redirect the blow aside its intended target in his chest, not to mention whatever probably considerable damage it was doing to the joint. If he was lucky he might even receive a souvenir of this battle.

The knee was going to be more difficult to counter, though. He swung his other sword at Kat's torso, intent upon knocking her aside (perhaps slicing her? it seemed some of the edge remained sharp) before her kick could land. It did seem likely that, on one leg and with one arm sliced open and wrenched aside, her balance wouldn't be the best and she might easily fall.

OOC: Aerixx! This is my fight :P

Edited by Johnrahk

IC: Sidonas - Crawler

Sidonas woke on the floor of the Crawler, pain was everywhere. His arm still ached and hurt from the fact that it was broken, and his slashes stung, but he did not focus on that. Instead he used one arm to push himself back up, looked over at where Recoil lay, and sat down near her. Looking at her as if he was keeping a vigil of sorts. "Great.", he muttered, "Broken arm, and I got into a fight with a homicidal maniac that I couldn't win. Karzing great.."

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Exxan - Backstab (Beach). 

I'd had enough. I'd tried playing smart, I'd tried being merciful, and it seemed that every good thing I'd done today was coming back to bite me. Well not this time. "This ends now...."

As the shark rahk swung out at Kat, I darted around and swung at his sword arm with Remembrance. 

OOC: would that be allowed, or no?

OOC: I'm leaning towards "no" on the mould. Bit beyond what the Gym is supposed to be for, and looks rather like you're just being lazy. It really wouldn't kill you to put a bit of effort into this instead of just having the harp

IC: Suvak groaned and held his palm to his face as Alpha and Era delivered the news. 

"I told him this would happen. Crazy bugs are too smart to miss something like this but not smart enough to leave well alone."

He looked at the 'troops' around the Crawler. Naturally since they were at the game's medical facility everyone there was injured or exhausted. A few had already had run-ins with the Visorak and come off worse by the looks of them. The question he should be asking wasn't 'who would be willing to fight' but 'who is still capable of standing'.

"We're going to need Tridax. And we're going to need to round up everyone who hasn't been webbed by the bugs, either to use them or protect them. Which means we need scouts." He looked at Alpha and Era again, "Its asking a lot from the two of you, but would you be willing to do some aerial reconnaissance? A pair would probably suffice to keep the Venom Flyers at bay but then you were told the Visorak would "probably" leave you alone so if you would prefer to stay here I would not blame you."

7AOYGDJ.jpg