Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Kat:

Using my lowered voice, I spoke up.

"Less common than you might think. Most of these lot bit it during the last assignment. Heard it was some thin' nasty."

OoC: I completely missed this, sorry. Could you please indicate next time who your character is talking to?

IC: Holistic

(Causeway | With Catatonic, Char and Thespian)

I receive an answer from a heavily armoured dark grey Rahkhsi. The words were a relief. At least I hadn't arrived at a death camp where a tenth of the students graduate and te rest die horribly.

Before I can answer, a Makuta appears out of thin air and starts to speak. Looks like I don't have to go looking for Tridax after all, although he might just give his speech and disappear just as quickly as he had appeared. The speech itself was some mundane words about mortality. Who here really thinks that they can't die? I doubt any living being is so foolish. Maybe even Rahi know that they will die, so why talk about it? Does he want to intimidate the students? Judging by his tone he's not really respecting the dead but completing a compulsory task without much interest in it. I'm not sure if I like this headmaster..

And then some lunatic climbed one of the pillars and was promptly sent back down by the Makuta. and then she spouts pure nonsense from her mouth.

I'm not sure if a person witnessing this should laugh, cry or just stare in confusion, but I roll my eyes and bow my head to honour the dead. I didn't know them, so there's no grief or sadness involved, but there wouldn't have been even if I had. Letting such strong and negative emotions overcome you is a clear sign of weakness and lack of wisdom.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Shark / Causeway

A sister?

Did everyone have a sister? Siblings occurred in ridiculously copious numbers around here. He didn't exactly mind it, such bonds could be easy to manipulate, but it was just a bit strange. And Shark took note of everything he found strange. It might be useful some day.

He gave the interrupter a brief, no-nonsense glare before turning back to his observations. "So she's your sister. What of it?" he murmured without looking back. Was she worried for her foolish sister's sake, he wondered, or simply surprised to see her still alive, or even something else?

IC: Jayar / Causeway

"That others might stay," Jayar whispered. "He saved Kat and Era and Fang... and others he didn't even know. He was a hero. I know it's little comfort... but he will forever be counted a hero."

He paused a moment, and then continued on in quiet anguish that his words could make such little difference to what she was going through."Oh Hoto... my gentle Hoto... Know that I'm here for you."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Hoto - Causeway

She just nodded and said a quiet, "Thanks."

IC: Rain - Causeway

Her incredulous glare shifted from the newcomer back to Fins. "Are you kidding? Look at her! Spouting nonsense, and to a Makuta, no less!"

IC: Char - Causeway

Bowing heads? He had to be joking. She wasn't going to bow her head now for some Rahkshi who were stupid enough to get themselves killed. Instead, she watched the crowd, searching for anything she could use later. Where was her little puppet?

IC: Life - Causeway

Through the haze, a fortress came to shape. The golden Rahkshi's jaw almost dropped open when he saw it. This.....this is the Academy? It's...big. Flying forward, the golden Rahkshi headed to what he figured was the entrance: The bit that stuck out slightly into the land gap between the rest of the land and the Academy. A causeway of some sort.

As he drew closer, something of a scene was going on. A lot of other Rahkshi milling about, shouting, and a general mess that he did not want to get involved with on his first day. But, if I fly away, I'll probably get killed, or worse, expelled.

He settled for option C: Land on the edge of the crowd of the causeway, and try not to stand out. Although, given his colors...Let's just get this over with.

He settled down near the crowd, and landed on his feet. He eyed the other Rahkshi curiously, and tried to understand what everybody was talking about.

OOC: Life, the Golden Rahkshi of Weather Control has just joined the game. I have a horrible feeling that 20% of his experience will end up in the dumpsters.

IC: Thespian

I remained silent, making sure to honor the somber mood of this event...

... Despite the fact that without context, this event made no sense to me.

A strange Rahkshi attempted to climb the pillar; when she fell, she looked towards Tridax and said...

"... A rhyme?" I whispered to myself.

IC: Draco

Heh. He thought he could escape? Draco lowered his hand, but kept the palm open. Oh no. No. Escape. Draco took a step closer. Then another. He was about to rush when he realized it would be best to keep a certain element of surprise. Deceit. Perfect. He would ask a question. He approached Doubt...

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Sidonas - Beach
Recoil is on board now, what next? I'll have to plan that back with the others. Let's hope Fang and Kat are getting who and what they need. 
Sidonas flew back to the Cauldron, pulled out his Codex, flipped to a new page, and began to write.

OOC: Sidonas open for interaction

IC: Sliver - Cauldron. 

Perhaps everyone else was blind, as it seemed I was the only one to notice the lone Rahkshi fly past the Causeway and start off in the direction of the mainland. I was about to call out to someone when I realised that I actually recognised the rahk. 

The colours were different, but the profile was the same. Specifically, his misshapen legs, which looked like they'd been thrown together out of scrap metal. I took to the air, speeding after them and soon reaching some kind of cave. 

"Excuse me," I asked politely as I followed him inside, "But why aren't you at the Causeway with the rest of us?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Draco

"Sort of. I believe we briefly met on the causeway to the school. Question: have you seen my knife? I would rather not lose it as it has... Sentimental value to it." Draco hated this. Trickery? Unfortunately, duty came before personal interest, even if that interest was fighting for your master.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Life - Causeway

Life understood two things from the crowd:

1. Teridex was here, near the front, dealing with some Rahkshi that didn't know their place.

2. There were Rahkshi that tried messing with Tridex.

It was a little overwhelming, not even here ten minutes and sounds like the student body was on the verge of a riot. At least Life could escape any punishment, right?

Edited by FallenAtlas

IC Doubt

"I don't remember you having a knife." Doubt said, scowling. "If you don't mind, I'm nervous right now. A bunch of Rahks were trying to slaughter a traitor without consent from Tridax, and they're probably still mad at me for stopping them. My nerves are shot."

He made sure to keep his voice down enough to prevent anyone else from hearing him as to disrupt the ceremony.

IC: Burst

Burst listened to Tridax give his clearly improvised speech, and wondered how all of these rahkshi had died. The last time he was awake, the only dead rahkshi had been Omega. From picking out bits of conversation around him, he gathered that most of these fellow students had died in a single conflict, but what that conflict was, exactly, he didn't know. He wondered if the killers were disciplined. Or perhaps they were dead themselves. The battered Kurahk knew one thing, however, and that was that he should be far more careful about who he decides to pick fights with in the future. Knowing some of the students here, at least some of them would take these deaths as a license to kill. Burst pondered these questions, as well as how he would ever catch up to his peers when he had been unconscious for so long, when something caught his eye. Something unusually shiny was near the edge of the crowd. Thinking someone had dropped something valuable, Burst made his way out of the crowd, where he saw, not an artifact or weapon, but a rahkshi clad entirely in gold armor. Not knowing whether this was it's natural color, or a decoration, Burst decided to ask. After all, it had been months since he had a good conversation with someone.

"Uh... Hey, Gold guy... Are you new here?"

OOC: He's talking to Life.

Also, you post profiles in the student register topic, not the main RPG.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Burst listened to Tridax give his clearly improvised speech, and wondered how all of these rahkshi had died. The last time he was awake, the only dead rahkshi had been Omega. From picking out bits of conversation around him, he gathered that most of these fellow students had died in a single conflict, but what that conflict was, exactly, he didn't know. He wondered if the killers were disciplined. Or perhaps they were dead themselves. The battered Kurahk knew one thing, however, and that was that he should be far more careful about who he decides to pick fights with in the future. Knowing some of the students here, at least some of them would take these deaths as a license to kill. Burst pondered these questions, as well as how he would ever catch up to his peers when he had been unconscious for so long, when something caught his eye. Something unusually shiny was near the edge of the crowd. Thinking someone had dropped something valuable, Burst made his way out of the crowd, where he saw, not an artifact or weapon, but a rahkshi clad entirely in gold armor. Not knowing whether this was it's natural color, or a decoration, Burst decided to ask. After all, it had been months since he had a good conversation with someone.

"Uh... Hey, Gold guy... Are you new here?"

OOC: He's talking to Life.

Also, you post profiles in the student register topic, not the main RPG.

Okay, sorry

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Let's keep the RP thread filled with at least one IC post for each post, yeah? Glad to see you here Toa_Bomb though!  I sent you a Personal Message.

IC: Life

Life glanced up from a small note he had produced from his pack. Another student, white in color, although probably wasn't as white as it once was; scars and a few dents covered his armor, and the white was definitely faded. Life turned his body to face the Rahkshi and nodded. "Um, yes. I literally just arrived. What's going on here?"

"Well, several students have died. Or rather, were killed. This... Ceremony... type... Thing... Is supposed to be to honor them, but everyone knows that Tridax doesn't give a stone rat's a** about dead students. I think he's just doing this so the students think he cares about them. You need not worry about being killed, though. As long as you're not an idiot and go around picking fights every five feet, like me, you should be just fine.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

IC: Life

"O....K...." was all Life could get out. There were two things wrong here; mouthing out about Makuta and dodging the word filter, both of which Life was pretty certain would get one in trouble. And the last thing he wanted to do on his first day was get in trouble. "Nice to meet you though, but I should probably go check in or something."

"I can see that," Shark replied, not unkindly. But that was not the answer he was looking for. "What bearing is your relation to this, though?"

Meanwhile, one of the moving Rahkshi had taken to the air... in pursuit of another? Fascinating... Rebels escaping? Or were they acting in coordination with the Headmaster?

He would surely find out soon enough.

IC: Rain - Causeway

Rain sighed as if it was the simplest thing to understand. "Come on, Fins, you know I can't let it get around I'm related to... that thing." She made a lazy gesture in the general direction of Lucid.

Then she looked back to the strange intruder with the hat. "I trust you can keep a secret. It would be a shame if you didn't last your first day..." The knife was in her hand again, and she gently ran a finger over the blade.

Edited by Click

Good to know. He would have been... disappointed... if she showed some sympathies for her sister. She was otherwise proving near ideal.

"No, of course not." Shark replied quietly, his gaze still focused not on Rain but the crowd in front of him.

It was too bad, though, that he couldn't see Tridax. Shark would like to see how reaction to this strange, rhyming declaration.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC: Sidonas - Cauldron

Sidonas put away his Codex, got up with his hands behind his back and looked at the Rahkshi and spoke:

"I heard the announcement and came to tell some friends of mine to ensure they don't miss out. Wouldn't want then to get in trouble."

Sidonas said this with the cold and cruel voice of a loyalist, signaling Shield and Cao with his hands, which were behind his back, to back him up.

Karz. Those two better back me up.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

"I see...." I scowled, stepping forward to grab the upstart by the shoulder and pull him after me, "Tridax won't take well to lateness." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Subject

But wait.... the Rahkshi from before....Doubt. He was about two rahkshi away from me...I could easily creep in and give him a slight tap. I edged my way through the crowd, my breathing getting heavier as I approached my new victim. Claws out. And then, in the space between a pulse, I scratched, aiming for his neck. He would be out in seconds.

IC: Kovinth-Causeway

Kovinth began to lower his head, but it shot up again at the crash and the loud, rhyming voice. He grabbed his pen and flipped to a new page in his journal, writing furiously.

This place is not as it seems. There is dissention among the Rahks, and it seems to be growing. Sides must be chosen before long, but who's to say who is right?

Kovinth paused and shoved the journal back into it's place, looking up and glancing around. Rahks were moving, some taking off, but most stayed still. Those moving seemed to be looking for something... He stepped back just a bit, and leaned closer to Vitesse. "Do you know what's going on?" He whispered, motioning towards the moving students.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

"Then I will be sure to be early for the next event to make up for said lateness. Now, I assume we must be on our way." Sidonas said this, still keeping up the loyalist act. He slid backwards and looked at Sliver quizzically. "Why are you trying to grab me?"

Edited by Kovika

IC: Vitesse

"Oh great. The dragon is here..." Vitesse muttered. "I don't know. It seems that they are... Hold up. Mandatory attendance, searching Rahkshi... The funeral was a set up. Tridax wants something, or some other Rahk who has a faction. Why, I don't know." She whispered. She did not want to be caught.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Haken - Causeway

Haken had barely enough time to grab his sword and shield, putting it up in defense against Draco.

"Fool! You desecrate a memorial with violence?! I will end you!"

I sighed. "Well, I tried doing this the easy way...." I stepped forwards, hands raised; the greenish glow from my poisoned hands was probably obvious now. "Your traitor friend is dead, and his memories show that you were intending to rebel against Tridax alongside him." 

My eyes narrowed, "Surrender now, and you might be allowed to live." 

Haken swung his blade in retaliation at Draco, looking at him angrily.

"You have attacked me unprovoked, and with no rational basis presented to far as to the reason for such violence. You do so at a memorial for the fallen, disturbing those who would wish to pay their respects. I will deal with you accordingly." Haken gave Draco an angry look.

How does she know that I'm a rebel? This is bad. Have we been compromised? I need to get away, hide, and inform Fang. But first I need to survive this fight.

Sidonas continued to look surprised, still playing the part of a loyalist. He drew Hook and got into a defensive stance.

"You accuse me of betrayal? I have done no such thing! You claim reviewing events to see if one was guilty or innocent is treason? The Rahkshi here can claim my innocence. If this is a matter I must take up with Lord Tridax, then cease this violence and allow me to go speak to him.

Edited by Kovika

"Not only a rebel, but incompetent as well?" I'd offered to let him come quietly, but instead he'd drawn his weapon and told me to stop being violent. If he was the best this rebellion had, then we had nothing to worry about. 

"I'll say it again - slowly this time, so I'm sure your feeble mind can understand it - surrender.

"If you had respect you would not engage in combat outside of the Gym with no basis as to why you are attacking me."

Haken activated his powers of limited invulnerability, his skin feeling tough like metal. He slid back, then charged forward at the Rahkshi.

"No. To call me incompetent is unwise. To attempt an arrest and accuse me with no reasonable evidence is simply stupidity. I can ensure you, if there is any rebellion occurring, i have no part in it. Now please, cease your accusations until you actually have trustworthy proof to claim I have committed treason." Sidonas stared at her with cold, stern, and harsh eyes, his voice stern. He kept Hook ready, though he looked more defensive of his own person than as if he expected a fight.

Edited by Kovika