Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Optis:

Distractedly, Optis moved to the left.

IC Fog:

If it weren't a glorious Makuta commanding them, Fog would have taken offense with the descriptor of 'maggot', and tried to test the waters by attempting to join the other side. AS it was, however, he moved to the left.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Shark / Causeway

"See you later," Shark replied as Rain staggered off. Depending on which side weather control might be placed, her absence was either a relief or a pity. He certainly didn't want to have to fight against his only major investment, but fighting alongside her might have been... beneficial. It seemed more likely that weather control would be an offensive power, though, so it was probably better she was gone.

Clearly silence was a more restrained power. And while Shark wasn't exactly sure he wanted to be on the left team given Gorast's obvious belief - or worse intention - that the right team would win, it was probably more perilous to disobey a direct order from the warrior queen than to join the inferior team. So Shark strode over to the left, taking for once a position not of obscurity but centralized prominence. Both in his chosen location, and as a most notable contender for leader of his team, by virtue of his furiously powerful form and conqueror's bearing.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC:  "Listen up, maggots! I'm only saying this once! Those of you with heavy offensive powers, fragmentation, molecular disruption, plasma, anything else that reduces what stands before you to rubble, I want you on the right! Those of you with more...restrained powers, I want you on the left!" She looked over at grim once more, "You are to go with the team on the right for this. You will lead them."

IC: Sliver - Causeway.

Without hesitation, I took my place on the right. 

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

Shrugging, I shuffled over to the left side.

IC: Glaciem Ignis.

See, there's that warrior mentality I was talking about. She wants all of the heavy hitters on one side.

Destructive powers don't necessarily make someone a great warrior, sis. 

Somehow, I don't think Gorast cares. We went left. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC--Beat--Causeway

Beat reflected, as she trudged into the right-hand group, that she wasn't quite as happy as she normally was at the prospect of a fight. She glanced over her shoulder at Blade's departing form, shook her head vigorously to get THAT stupid thought out, and kept walking.

IC--Sepulchral--Infirmary/Causeway

Sepulchral allowed himself the luxury of a triumphant shout as he launched himself from the infirmary window and soared above the crowd. He had no desire to miss his first assignment as a member of the student body, and was thankful that Palma had managed the herculean feat of restoring him to his previous condition in good time. Even as he noted Gorast's announcement, he was scanning the throng for his assailant, and finding no sign of her. "Another time, then," he muttered, as he made an impeccably smooth landing on the left side of the field.

IC--Footwork--Halls/Causeway

With a staccato of deafening clicks, Footwork raced down the hallway. He could hear Gorast saying something, but the walls of the school muffled her exact words. Bursting out the main door, he noticed the students dividing into two groups. Unsure of what was going on, he looked for someone who could tell him where he should be.

OOC: Posts for Sepulchral and Footwork coming soon, when I have a few spare moments.

Edit: Added; all three open for interaction.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Silver

The Makuta had explicitly stated he should be on the left. The choice was obvious.

Grinning, Silver made his way to the left.

IC: Drift

Drift turned to Vlad, calculating.

"Should we participate?" She didn't want to get into any fights, and Vlad seemed to be of the same opinion, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Edited by Aerixx

IC Flabbergaster

So Gorast's test was to see... What.

Flabbergaster was one of the last ones to walk to the left, ignoring the maggot insult. All the time he was thinking. Gorast knows any destructive Rahk would win with absolute ease, and no Makuta could be as stupid as to start a contest where you make people lose. No, it's something besides fighting each other... Mostly. A flying competition? Strategy? Or just to throw people off the trail... Most definitely the last one.

He noticed a Rahk about his bulk with fins. He gave him a nod and looked back to Gorast, folding his arms.

Flabbergaster had a look of power to him for whatever reason. Perhaps his colors, or his hollow eyes, or the appearance of strength when there was only so much. But he knew nothing of this intimidating look, and stood absentmindedly thinking. This thinking thing proved fun and useful. He would have to do it more from now on.

OOC: "Interacting" with Shark.

IC: Vlad / Causeway

"...no," came Vlad's definite response. He was probably bad at fighting anyways. And the blood pounding in his head, the rush of adrenaline, always made him... hungry. Just thinking about it was enough to make Drift look delicious, and he reminded himself fervently that he did not want to lose his only friendship. "No," he added again, just for emphasis.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Exxan - Beach. 

I smiled slightly, "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

IC Phogen: "Of course not. You're my friend." The small smile is returned, albeit with ambiguous honesty. 

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Rain - Infirmary

Rain limped to the Infirmary as quickly as she could manage in her condition. Maybe if I hurry, I can get this done before they leave. If only Lucid hadn't interfered...

She burst into the room shouting again. "Palma! I'm back!" And then she quickly found another empty bed and tried to do what she could for her back.

IC Phogen: "Of course not. You're my friend." The small smile is returned, albeit with ambiguous honesty. 

"Okay, well, how about a compromise?" I offered, knowing full well just how much Phogen loved negotiating, "We go back to the school, find somewhere for me to hide out and lay low for a while. You find out what's going on with these other Makuta, and then we'll see about me making a "heroic" return." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rain - Infirmary

Rain pointedly ignored the plea for her assistance. She was a sociopath after all. And besides, she couldn't be troubled to lift heavy things when her back was full of glass.

IC: Drift

Drift looked cautiously at Vlad, afraid she'd shaken him.

"Okay, let's get back inside."

IC: Murder

Murder looked around. She'd forgotten what her power was. To be honest, it was tempting to simply rip herself in half - one half per team, so she wouldn't be wrong - but she decided to hold of on that for now. All in good time. She walked over to the right simply because she had seen the silver Rahk from earlier go left. This would be fun.

"Okay, well, how about a compromise?" I offered, knowing full well just how much Phogen loved negotiating, "We go back to the school, find somewhere for me to hide out and lay low for a while. You find out what's going on with these other Makuta, and then we'll see about me making a "heroic" return." 

IC Phogen: "I prefer you out here. I'll give you regular reports while you nurse your wounds. If you want company, I might point you in that direction. A couple of hooligans are out of the school doing Makuta knows what." She jabs her thumb over her shoulder.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Phogen: "I prefer you out here. I'll give you regular reports while you nurse your wounds. If you want company, I might point you in that direction. A couple of hooligans are out of the school doing Makuta knows what." She jabs her thumb over her shoulder.

"Out here, alone, in the open, on a beach, in the middle of hostile enemy territory?" I gave her a quizzical look, "Yeah, I'm sure I'll be absolutely fine..." 

OOC: Still. Open for interaction.

IC (As Numlef): "Electricity can become deadly when you reach level three or higher, but sadly, I have not reached a point where my powers are useful." The rahkshi said with a sigh as he stepped to the left side. "I believe you'll have to move to the other side, sister." The electric rahkshi spoke to Ipartsa. *They're putting the offensive powers up against the defensive or passive powers... What could Gorast's intention be with this assignment?* He wondered as Numlef eyed the crowd on the right. *Is that a rahskhi of confusion on the right?* The rahkshi of electricity looked at Gaever, unsure of her powers.

IC (As Ipartsa): "Whatever we have to do, stay alive by any means necessary, brother." Replied the chain lightning rahskhi as she quickly flew over to the other side. *I wonder if I'll get called out and forced to move back.* The silver rahkshi looked to the crowd on the opposite side. *We have that fat rahkshi, what appears to be a plant control rahkshi and... A rahskhi with a shark fin.*

OOC: Still. Open for interaction.

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Sliver - Causeway.

While we waited for the Makuta's next words, I sized up my allies and enemies. Gorast seemed to be showing particular favouritism towards her own spawn, Grim. I'd fought him, and knew what he was capable of. Suffice to say, I was confident in our team.

But not overconfident... The other team had a lot of big rahks. A creepy one with two heads, a fat one that looked like it'd be big enough for two other rahks to safely hide behind, and... the one with the shark fins...

This was shaping up to be an interesting contest....

IC: Kovinth-Causeway

Kovinth paused, looking concerned at this new development, and the eagerness of all the other students to participate. He considered briefly joining the left side, if only to avoid shaking the boat, when he heard Vlad muttering 'no' nearby, before turning to walk away with... Drift? Kovinth thought that was the Rahk's name. He glanced around furtively and looked back the way he'd come, good thing he was still close to the door. With little more than a 'pop', he was inside the doorway, just ahead of Vlad and Drift. "Hello again, you two." He said quietly, digging in his pack for his notebook. "Seems you've inspired be not to be a pawn in this Makuta's scheme, and for that I thank you."

IC: Blue-Causeway.

The silver Rahk snorted, rolling her eyes at this pompous posing and preening. Just a show to prove that the Makuta were powerful, but everyone knew that already. Nevertheless, whatever this was... Could be fun. She grinned and headed over to the right side, snapping her boomerangs back onto her staff as she went.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Interacting with Blue.

IC (As Ipartsa): *It's blue!* the silver rahkshi shifted through the tough crowd as she made her away over to her. "Hey, it's me again. Ready for our next assignment, Blue?"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC--Beat--Causeway

Looking for something to do while the two groups formed, Beat spotted the guy Gorast had singled out to be leader of her team. Sidling past the Madu tree Rahk, Beat trotted up to the newly appointed boss.

"So you're our fearless leader, eh? You must have some kinda power for the big cheese to single you out like that. Something flashy and awesome, like chain lightning or fragmentation. Or are you just really high level?" she asked, peering at him.

IC--Footwork--Causeway

Looking around, Footwork spotted the fat Rahk who had helped him retrieve the lost suit earlier. Sidling up to the guy, he whispered, "So, how are we deciding teams?"

OOC: Beat interacting with Grim; Footwork interacting with Flabbergaster. Sepulchral and Kaboom open for interaction on the left and right sides, respectively (though be aware I'll probably be gone for most of the afternoon. I can probably post for the next two hours or so, though).

Edited by Dark_Stranger

IC: Siren

The rahkshi shuffled over to the left amongst the other disheveled looking rahkshi. *Obviously Gorast is making sure that all of the powerful ones would ultimately crush the ones here* Siren thought to herself as she looked around at the unfortunate group that had amassed.

IC: Mutant

The large rahkshi stifled a snort as the tiny rahkshi collided head-on with another, and then made her way down the corridors, and came out to an open area, filled with other rahkshi. There seemed to be large rahkshi on one side, and small ones on the other. She started to move towards the large ones, but then saw a few other rahkshi the same variant as her on the other side, and stood thinking to herself. Then she made her way over to the left side and stood among the crowd.

IC Grim:

"Of course, Milady."

Grim stood to look over his team. A Rahkshi of Plant control with a madu tree growing from its carapace approached them, asking if their power was flashy.

Grim snorted. Chain lightning? Fragmentation? Means to an end. Undeniably powerful and destructive, but easily anticipated and reliant.

"I have been gifted with the noble power of Adaptation. Perhaps not as...."flashy" but ultimately very useful. I am Grim, prodigal spawn of the Dark Mistress Gorast." The Adaptrahk spoke with great pride.

OOC: Chumpu, that was Beat nagging Grim, not Kaboom.

IC--Beat--Causeway

"Huh." Beat thought it was rather odd that Gorast would appoint someone with a power more suited for the left team as leader of the right, but she supposed the Makuta probably had a good reason for it. Of course, it could be just favoritism, but she decided to wait and see if this guy had anything up his sleeve that would justify it.

"Name's Beat," she replied. "So, if Lady Gorast is your Makuta, do you have any idea what she's got planned?"

OOC: Signing off for a few hours.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

"Out here, alone, in the open, on a beach, in the middle of hostile enemy territory?" I gave her a quizzical look, "Yeah, I'm sure I'll be absolutely fine..." 

IC Phogen: "Try the city a few bio to the south. Malenbranche, I believe. YOu could blend in there without too much trouble... And perhaps you could do me a little favor while I prime the school for your return." Phogen gets a broad smile as her plans and suspicions start to all fit together neatly.

IC: As the students formed themselves into teams, Gorast turned her attentions across the water. Her diamond eyes were focused on the Nynrah mainland and her hands were making circling gestures in front of her. Slowly but surely the students started to notice the wind picking up. The air becoming oppressively close and humid. Gorast was doing something to the air, bring gales and altering pressures...

She was summoning up a storm. A big one too by the feel of it. Something bordering on being a full-blown hurricane...

"From what I have read of reports, this school neighbours a Matoran village, this Phantom-on-the-Water. Even in the early days it supplied you students with contraband, as both tools and dangerous weaponry. And eventually what relationship that settlement had with Corpus Rahkshi soured before disintegrating completely. The Matoran there have become your enemies, doing everything in their power to attack and hurt you. There have even been deaths. Well you are in luck, for today that enmity comes to an end. Because Phantom-on-the-Water has presented the Brotherhood of Makuta with a threat that we cannot let stand. Which means we cannot let the village stand either."

The storm had really grown while she had been speaking. The sky was filled with black clouds, thick and angry and lit from within with flashes of lightning. 

"I will provide cover and an opening with an initial bombardment. Then the team on the right will move in. Rampage through the settlement, destroy or slaughter anything you come across. Grim, I am trusting in your judgement to make sure even the foundations of the place take a beating. Left team you are to move in and take the perimeter. Anyone tries fleeing you are responsible for capturing them. Or just killing them outright. I'm not picky. Now, everyone airborne! And I mean now!"

Her wings beat so fast they became almost invisible, an imperceptible blur and whirr of noise as they hoisted her upwards. The hexagons of her insect eyes focused on the distant sight of Phantom, zooming in so she could get a clear view on the garrison guarding the shore-line. And when she had a good enough view that she could make out every joint of the guards' armour...

Lighting bolts lanced from the sky, one for each Matoran. One of them must have been carrying a cordak because their entire camp was engulfed in a blossom of white fire as something exploded. The reek of ozone from the bolts didn;t quite cover up the stench of burning flesh and melting metal. More lighting spat from the clouds above, striking at watchtowers and weapon caches, raking fingers that swatted at anything the Matoran might have used to properly defend themselves.

"Perimeter team move in, make sure no-one escapes!" Gorast was barking orders from the middle of her windstream, the  gales twisted her words into shrieks. "Attack team launch primary assault, leave nothing standing!" 

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Grim:

His face split into a predator's maw.

It was time to show them why he was the prodigal spawn. Not for his pure offensive and destructive force, but his ability to follow orders, and be a true soldier. As well as lead.

"WARRIORS, PREPARE FOR COMBAT! TODAY, WE FIGHT AND KILL FOR THE GLORY OF THE MAKUTA! FORWARD!" Grim roared, the words, his abilities giving him just the right tone to command and inspire. Or intimidate. Subtle adaptation was always useful.

He took to the air, a myriad of Rahkshi following behind him like a deathly swarm.

IC: Rain - Causeway

Rain stumbled all the way to the Infirmary only to realize the glass had already been removed. The scratches they left still hurt like Karz, but after a quick burst of healing energy from Palma, even that was remedied.

With her injuries healed and Rain feeling better than ever, she burst from the Infirmary without so much as a "thank you." There was no time for pleasantries. A furious gale followed her down the hall, propelling her towards the doors. She couldn't miss it, not this time...

She cut off her power as she exited the building, but still the winds swirled around her. A beautiful storm was brewing, and the gathered students were just beginning to take off into it. Rain grinned and immediately flew over to Fins' side. "What's going on?" she asked, excitement leaking into her voice. "Is it another game?"

IC Phogen: "Try the city a few bio to the south. Malenbranche, I believe. YOu could blend in there without too much trouble... And perhaps you could do me a little favor while I prime the school for your return." Phogen gets a broad smile as her plans and suspicions start to all fit together neatly.

"I've been to Malebranche before," I interjected, "It took hours to get there with the Terrain Crawler, so it'll take me days in my current state, and...." I broke off, "...do you hear explosions?" 

IC:

"Phantom-on-the-Water has presented the Brotherhood of Makuta with a threat that we cannot let stand. Which means we cannot let the village stand either."

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Causeway.

This isn't what we signed up for...

We hesitated, unsure of how to proceed.

Would dad want us to help wipe out an entire village?

Even if he didn't, we can't fight a Makuta.

We don't have to help her, though. Fists clenched at our sides, we turned away and started heading back inside. 

IC:

"Perimeter team move in, make sure no-one escapes!" Gorast was barking orders from the middle of her windstream, the  gales twisted her words into shrieks. "Attack team launch primary assault, leave nothing standing!" 

IC: Illusive - Village Outskirts.

Change had come. Not in the way I'd expected, or hoped, but change nonetheless.

But is it enough? Is your mad appetite for vengeance finally satisfied?

That remains to be seen. 

IC Grim:

"WARRIORS, PREPARE FOR COMBAT! TODAY, WE FIGHT AND KILL FOR THE GLORY OF THE MAKUTA! FORWARD!" Grim roared, the words, his abilities giving him just the right tone to command and inspire. Or intimidate. Subtle adaptation was always useful.

IC: Sliver - Phantom-on-the-Water. 

"I don't fight or kill for the Makuta," I grinned at Grim as I flew past, "I do it for fun." 

IC--Kaboom--Causeway/Phantom-on-the-Water

Kaboom loosed a shrill, gleeful laugh as he rocketed across the water, loading his sling. The moment he was within range of the buildings, he flung a Madu Cabolo through a promising window. He laughed again as the building shook on its foundations.

IC--Beat--Causeway/Phantom-on-the-Water

Beat silently cursed herself for getting so close to the leader. There was no way she could back out of this now. She resolved to simply try to avoid harming Matoran as much as she could--she loved a fight as much as the next Rahk, if not more, but the little pipsqueaks couldn't put up any resistance at all. She landed near an empty-looking building, channeled plasma into her axe, and began hacking the structure down.

IC--Sepulchral--Causeway/Phantom-on-the-Water

Sepulchral flew to the perimeter and stood there, density increased and morningstar at the ready. If this was what it would take to prove himself, so be it.

IC--Footwork--Causeway

Footwork, on the other hand, was determined to avoid the massacre. As the teams took off, he intentionally fell behind--and when the coast was clear, he dove like lightning into the sea.

Edited by Dark_Stranger