Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Burst

"You mean my name? It's "Outburst". Or just "Burst" if you prefer. What's yours?"

The other rahkshi seemed to be mentally restraining herself, likely trying to prevent showing weakness. Perhaps she had contributed to the massacre and was feeling remorse, as he was. The sounds of agony had stopped. The massacre was winding down. Phantom-on-the-water was no more. Burst thought of how he had mercilessly slaughtered dozens, how he laughed at their pitiful attempts at defense, how he had ignored the terror in their eyes as he impaled, decapitated, or bludgeoned them. And how, every time, their heartlights went dark, never to light again... The whole thing made Burst sick. He felt as if he was going to vomit up his cafeteria slop. Karz, it probably would taste better coming up than it did when it went down. Burst sunk to the ground, sitting up against a ruined building, and covered his faceplate with his hands.

"You know... I enjoyed the raid at first, but your question made me think... No matter what these villagers did, they didn't deserve what they got... And now that I've realized the REAL reason why I enjoyed it... I haven't felt worse in my entire time of existence..."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Gaever / Phantom-On-The-Water

Gaever let out a relieved breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. "...So I am not solitary in experiencing these regrets," she whispered quietly, possibly to herself, her voice shaky. "That, at least, provides miniscule relief..."

She glanced around quickly, hoping no one else who might object was around to see her frailty. It didn't seem anyone was. At last, she allowed herself to stumble to her knees next to Burst. "Gaever," she choked out. "My identifier is Gaever, and... that sentiment is shared by myself."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Burst- Phantom-on-the-water

It seemed that his assumptions had been correct. Gaever was as remorseful, if not more, than he was. At this point, Burst simply didn't know what to say. There was no way to twist their actions to mean anything other than what they did: Both rahkshi had committed atrocities that would likely follow them to some extent for the rest of their lives. Nothing could change that. But, at least, they could show their remorse...

"We have both participated in a massacre... Nothing will change that. But, we have seen the error of our ways, which can allow us to at least partially atone for them. What we have done in the past may be cruel, but it is our actions in the present that dictate who we truly are. Let us honor those who we have slain, by giving them a proper passage into Artakha..."

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Grim:

With a low chuckle, Grim dropped the particularly incendiary shell into the tube. Once more the Mortar thumped, and the shell landed with a roar as sticky flaming gel covered the houses surrounding the impact site. They lit up in seconds, and Screams of agony could be heard.

"Kanohi Dragon breath rounds. I'm surprised this village had them." Grim noted. "Ah, the sounds of traitorous Matoran burning and dying. One of my favorites."

THey turned to Sliver, "Where else shall we compose our sweet melody of death?"

Even in her bedraggled state Gaever managed to give a brief scoffing hmph!, though it was shaky and open to interpretation as to whether it was more derisive or hysterical. Artahka wasn't real, and turning to myths for redemption was patently ridiculous in her mind. "The mythical paradise? And how is that proper passage to be executed?" Executed? She winced at her poor choice of words. Death - murder - resided still too prominently in her mind and memory.

Gaever didn't seem to like his idea. Understandable, since he had seemed to imply that the mythical place known as Artakha was anything more than a myth. Karz, he couldn't even remember if Matoran still believed in Artakha or not.

"I apologize for my poor choice of words. I know that Artakha is nothing more than a myth. I merely spoke of it because I read somewhere that Matoran supposedly believe in it. I essentially meant that we should bury them, rather than allow their corpses to fester in the sun to be picked apart by wild rahi."

IC Flabbergaster

The cold air swept across the area of the beach, when an incredibly painful object appeared in front of his eyes and made them sting.

"Aah! Argh!" he threw up his big hands in the air and covered his face. "What the-?"

It was the sun.

Grumbling angrily, he reseated and stared blankly at the water to avoid burning his eyes out.

IC: Rail - Hallways

"Magnetism," Rail said frankly. "And we're using the trees to cover our approach, not hide in them. As for how this should probably play out, it might work best if two of us goes in to grab the Matoran while one of us stands guard just outside the village until it's safe to begin moving them towards The Cauldron."

With that, the Rahkshi of Magnetism transformed into Flight Mode and made a beeline for the causeway, not particularly caring if anyone got in his way as he did so. If the other students walking through the halls considered themselves intelligent, they would move.

And if not, then he'd deal with them later.

IC: Venom - Infirmary

"I can fight my own battles, Palma," Venom said, somewhat insulted by the offer of protection. "Besides..."

Her eyes darted towards the door for a moment, half-expecting her brother to come in and drag her back out into the hallway upon finding her there.

"My... opponent... had a justifiable enough reason for doing this. There's no reason to waste anymore time on a matter that's already been settled."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Phogen: The derahk let out a low whistle, appreciating the view. It had been an excellent evening overall. He reached into the box of rounds and pulled out one on the Lightning Discharge rounds. He said "I have an idea. Aim for the power substation." He twirled the round in his hand, leaning on his staff. Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Sliver - Phantom-on-the-Water.

"I like the way you think...." I grinned, turning to Grim, "...what do you think?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Of course. Pulling a stunt like that with everyone else around would be an incredibly bad idea."

Gaever seemed to be less opposed to his idea now, thankfully. His mention of Artakha was a mistake, and had made him seem quite stupid. It would be foolish of him to repel a potential ally. For all he knew, Gaever could be the only other rahkshi to share his sentiments about the raid.

IC: Sliver - Phantom-on-the-Water.

"I'd love to," I smiled sweetly. I took the controls, and fired. "Bye, bye." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (As Ipartsa): "I wish I was at level six, my powers are pretty lame right now." She watched the tower collapse, finding it a beautiful sight to watch. "That's amazing... See what the Makuta can do? I want to achieve that level of power..." However, the rahskhi of chain lightning felt her Kraata shiver with fear at Gorast's laughter.

IC (As Numlef): "I may be able to inflict pain with my electric powers, but facing an army of rahkshi with just a staff and my powers isn't going to end well for the three of us." Said the rahskhi of electricity as he entered flight mode and followed close behind. "Since you're armed with a lot of weapons, maybe it's best if you defend us outside the village."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Kakarahk:

Oblivious to the goings-on, Kakarahk was engrossed in the task of trying to run up a wall. Thus far he had only fallen over, but he had another idea this time. He ran at the wall at top speed, leaning forward before jumping on it and trying to run up it. He only succeeded in turning a painful backflip, hitting the ground. Getting up, he wondered if the entrance's wall were more conducive to this type of this and raced off toward the Causeway.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC--Beat--Phantom-on-the-Water

"Yeah...amazing..." Beat found herself feeling faintly nauseous, but furiously shook it off. Now was no time to get prissy.

"Look, Ipartsa, I should probably get back to the school. After that hit I took, I'm in no condition to fight anything, even if it is just a Matoran."

IC--Kaboom--Phantom-on-the-Water

Kaboom finally made it to within view of the mortar, only to find that several other Rahks had beaten him to the punch. Scowling, he stomped off to look for any remaining Matoran.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC (As Ipartsa): "I read you loud and clear, let's get a move on." Said the rahkshi as she guided Beat to the back door, preparing to strike with her dagger should a matoran decide to attack.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Draco

Putting the multitool away for further investigation later, Draco pulled out his hammer, and continued his path of destruction. The huts were falling easily, though the taller buildings were harder, and this was slowly pushing them back. They were approaching the back of the forest. "Prepare yourselves!" He shouted to the back line...

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"Right," Beat muttered. She tied her new weapon around her waist like a belt, figuring she shouldn't use it until she knew more-or-less how. She limped toward the door, leaning on her axe and Ipartsa, stifling an exasperated sigh as she did. Between the violent internal conflicts, the actual physical injury, and the embarrassment of the latter, it had been a very long couple of hours. 

It seemed to be mop-up time. Kaboom sighed. The mop-up was never any fun. All the best killing and destruction was always done by then, leaving only the last, shrieking, helpless, boring dregs to finish off. Oh, well, maybe he could get his hands on some more armor, which would be good, especially if it was bronze. He was thinking of adding some of it to his own chassis, and maintaining a coherent color-scheme was an important consideration. Gotta look the part, after all, or they wouldn't scream and run at his approach.

IC--Sepulchral--Phantom-on-the-Water

The village was dead. Sepulchral relaxed somewhat, but maintained a firm grip on his weaponry. Hopefully, this exercise would require no more unpleasant deeds  from him--his dreams would be sufficiently haunted by those he had already committed--but lowering his guard at this moment in time would be decidedly foolish. In a matter of moments, any final scraps of resistance would be disposed of. Only then could he allow himself to rest. 

OOC: Last post for tonight.

IC (As Ipartsa): "If I remember correctly, that thing is glowing. Maybe if it's an electrified Garrote, it's best not to wear it like that." The rahkshi of lightning advised as she kept moving. "You think there's no matoran left or the rahkshi are just mopping up while Gorast went home?"

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

Gaever was silent for a moment, staring with empty eyes at nothing in particular in the distance.

IC: Shark / Seas

The Ghosts were craftsmen and weaponsmiths, not shipbuilders, and most of their boats were rudimentary affairs, easily sent sinking with a strong Rahkshi blow. The next boat Shark turned to was, however, an exception; it possessed a reinforced metal hull. It was easy for Shark to see that sinking this one from below would not be quite so easy.

But it would also not be necessary. The Matoran on board had been suitably distracted by Holistic, and on the opposite side of the boat from the frantically dodging stoic Shark burst silently from the water, landing sword drawn without a sound on the small boat's deck, and rushing at the Matoran with a vicious swing of his enormous blade. If the Matoran had been paying more attention, they might have noticed that their arrogant chortles suddenly made no sound, and taken this as a warning. And in fact, some of them very well might have. But it didn't matter, for before they could turn around Shark's sword was crashing into them, knocking them into the cold water.

Not all of them at once, of course. But another quick stroke took out most of the meager remainder, leaving one lone villager cowering on the end of the prow. Shark turned on him and he thrust out his arm, to which some device, apparently weaponry, was attached. "Stay back, you frickin' shark Rahkshi!" he screamed. "Or I'll have a frickin' laser beam through your head!"

Shark charged at him.

The Matoran's weapon glowed bright red and fired.

• Upvote 1

IC: Mu (Hallways)

The adrenaline from the fight wearing off, the throbbing pain from his cheek wound suddenly broke through into Mu's consciousness. Putting a hand to the laceration, he hissed slightly in pain before making his way off towards the infirmary.

OOC: Mu open for interaction.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Kakarahk:

Turning a corner at blazing speed, Kakarahk sped right into the path of Rail, tripping as he tried to turn sharply.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Burst- Phantom-on-the-water

Though the worst of the raid was over, Burst could still hear nearby rahkshi finishing off the survivors and setting fire to buildings. He couldn't really blame them, to be honest. Rahkshi were made to be living weapons, and his peers were no different. He himself, as much as he dreaded the thought, would most likely be forced to partake in many similar massacres throughout his life, as would Gaever, especially once they both became full-fledged Brotherhood soldiers. Burst searched through his memories, picking them apart piece by piece, in order to find something, anything, that would justify the Makuta's assault on this place. His search was in vain, though that made him realize something. Matoran, while not the most advanced minds in the universe, were certainly smart enough to know the limits of their own power. There was no way in Karzahni that they would even dare to try and attack Corpus, because they knew that something like this would happen. And yet, it happened anyway... Burst began seething with rage. The Makuta had made the rahkshi slaughter an innocent population for nothing. No... Burst had to control his anger. His anger is what made him participate in this massacre in the first place. If he wanted to become anything more than what he was now, he needed to control it. Needing something to take his mind off of his rage, he took out the sword that he had looted earlier, and began to examine it. It was long, but significantly lighter than other blades of it's size. It's gentle upward curve ended in three vicious prongs, used to drain energy from other beings. The hilt was black, and had matoran writing carved into it, though Burst could only made out the letter "D", whatever that meant. The energy capsule was empty, save for a bit of the Kurahk's own rage energy that the matoran had managed to drain before it's untimely demise. Burst looked over to Gaever, who was staring of into the distance at seemingly nothing. She seemed to lack any handheld weapons of her own, save for a sharp looking wrist mounted blade, in addition to all of the other unrecognizable technical bits attached to her suit. He thought about asking her if she had found all of that stuff here, but now didn't seem like an appropriate time. Instead, he went back to fiddling with the Energy-Siphon Sword.

IC: Fang - Nynrah

They had been walking for much of the night. It was painfully slow progress through the untamed wilderness of Nynrah. Especially when they could be flying over.

After a while, Fang held out a hand for everyone to stop. "That should be far enough," he called. "We'll fly from here."

He folded up into the flight position and jumped ahead of the others to make sure it was safe before signalling down for them to follow.

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Hoto staggered and yawned through the forest in silence. She was too tired to speak, and after what the others had said before, she didn't think it was worth it.

At least they were walking this time. She was enjoying the slow stroll, and even more so because she could see. But now it was time to fly again. Hoto sighed and turned back to Jayar with a grimace before getting ready to fly again.

IC: Rain - Phantom-On-The-Water

There was a flash of light and a cry from their comrade. Rain spun around, not out of pity for the Rahkshi, but only concern for what might be coming to her next. The rain began to fall more earnestly, and a thin blanket of fog spread from the surface of the water as Rain instinctively tried to protect herself. But too late.

Her momentary pause provided just enough time for the swarm of projectiles to catch up with her. Even as most of the poorly aimed shots whirled past her into the storm, a lightstone glanced off her leg, sending burning shrapnel into her chest. The pain of light and electricity sent her plummeting down into the water.

All at once, the storm began to calm around her. The vicious wind and waves beating against the ships began to falter as she desperately tried to tread water through her injuries.

IC: Fíor - Halls

In spite of everything, a brief flash of anger fills me: "Come on!" My eyes widen as I realize my tone is harsher than necessary. "Sorry, but we've got to go..." I've surprised myself with my strength, so maybe this won't be as difficult as I expected...

IC: Snake - Nynrah

Hearing Fang's shout from behind, I get into flight mode, a blur in the air next to the group becoming me.

OOC: Click: Is it day time or night time at the moment? Or when you said "night", did you just mean night from a rahk's perspective? Cos up until this point I'd kinda been assuming that rahkshi are nocturnal...

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC: Shark / Seas

As he charged, Shark turned, putting his shoulder between the Matoran's weapon and his head. This turned out to be a good idea, as the laser landed a painful scalding strike in his shoulder.

It would take far more than that to stop Shark, however. Despite the painful blow, which kept his right arm relatively incapacitated the massive Rahkshi reached out with his left and snatched up the Matoran by the arm, yanking him off the deck, up and around in a perfect arc, and back onto the deck again with a satisfying crunch. The unfortunate villager gave a defeated moan and tried to rise, but found Faithful pinning him down. Literally, it was sticking out of his chest and into the deck.

Shark knelt beside him, carefully detaching the laser weapon from his arm and examining it. It didn't seem to have a trigger, how did he get it to fire -

Suddenly it glowed briefly and launched a bright burst of energy into the night. Oh. It was mentally activated. Good thing Shark had been careful enough to avoid pointing it at himself. Satisfied, he reached up and clipped it to the top of his faceplate.

"Hey... give that back," the Matoran wheezed. "It cost, like, one... million... widgets..." With these rather meaningless final words, the Matoran breathed his last.

After retrieving Faithful, Shark stood and turned his gaze back out to the turbulent waters. The other two boats had already almost completely sunk beneath the waves, as had most of the Matoran. And Rain and Holistic.

Without so much as a disappointed sigh, Shark leapt into flight mode, off the boat and back into the water, headed for the Rahkshi of Weather Control. Holistic could drown for all he cared; in fact it would be preferable. But Rain was a most useful ally, and he would not have her sink beneath the slowly calming waves forever.

OOC: Wyrd, Shark has obtained a low-to-moderately powerful, mentally-activated laser cannon, which he has attached to his head. Upon activation, it requires a few seconds to charge before it can fire, during which time it glows red-orange with increasing brightness.

OOC: Jayar later, got to go for now.

• Upvote 1

IC: Sidonas - Office

"Two ideas: Move slowly or quickly and try to avoid notice. Or you could fake an injury as an excuse to leave. Only viable options I can think of in this situation. But look, I'm going to need your help getting back to my suit. Will you help me?"

IC Mar'jik:

"Yes, of course."

"Well, I'm pretty sure my hand brushed against some of the glowy parts when I pulled it out of the crate, and nothing happened, so I should be fine for now. It must need to be activated somehow. I'll figure out a better way to carry it once I'm healed up."

Boring.

A lone Matoran ran past, screaming loud and long, an empty lightstone rifle dangling by a strap from his shoulder. Kaboom casually flicked out his Chute Blade, frying the villager as they passed.

So Karzing boring.

IC: Jayar / Forest

Jayar shifted into flight mode alongside Hoto, without a word. It was clear everything said earlier hadn't been well-received by Hoto, and as he wasn't sure if his words had been as hurtful as the rest, he stayed silent, reluctant to repeat any offense.

Even having shared in her memories, it was sometimes tough to remember that she'd already been through more than most of the others here. Despite it all, she still managed to retain her gentle innocence, something few others with her experience could lay claim to.

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

No words of comfort this time, it seemed. Hoto watched Jayar take off with her last glimpse of vision. It still took a few more seconds and a few deep breaths for her to follow, and still longer for her to start clicking her faceplates.

Once again, Rain was faced with the very real possibility that this was the end. Her arm hadn't bothered her much before, but now with a crippled leg, it was excruciating to stay afloat. It was only pure fear that kept her buoyed up.

Then, like a patch of rainclouds on a sunny day, she caught a glimpse of Fins. He was coming closer. For a second, she almost believed he was coming to help her. But why would he? If their roles were reversed, she wouldn't hesitate for a second before leaving him behind. Probably.

But he was the last chance she had. "Fins! He..." Her frantic plea was cut off by a mouthful of water. She gave a last desperate kick with her good leg, but it was obvious she wouldn't last much longer.

IC Mar'jik:

"I don't know, yet. Where is your suit?

Something crashed into her, and then she was flying again. Rain blinked the water from her eyes to see Fins easily carrying her in one arm. She tried to offer some words of gratitude, but all that came out was choking and sputtering as the water left her lungs.