Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Poly-Gym:

So much for our trap. No matter.

"That remains to be seen, however, we are willing to kill to win. Can they say the same?"

We powered up another Rhotuka, and sent it spinning toward Shock.

IC Matoran-Porter:

Sun would find that escaping an infected Matoran in power armor was not so easy.

Even as he flew forward, the Porter shot an arm forward to grab the Rahshi, and slam him against the floor.

IC: Malady (Hallways)

I shake my head slightly, my inner feelings a stark contrast to the cold indifference I wear on my face and in my words. Obviously, I am disappointed, but to a further degree than I have shown.

My emotions are like those of a jealous child, petty, angry at not having had a chance to fight alongside or against such a capable warrior, but I push those aside in an attempt to mirror ice on the outside, on the inside.

Another lesson from my father.

Ice.

"Anyway, nice head," I say to Grim abruptly, the remark referring to the faceplate on their shoulder, not their actual head.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: When Suvak answered the door to Bullseye and Toxin, he was looking bleary eyed and a little peaky. Apparently he'd been taking the transition between headmasters (and assignments) to catch up on some sleep. 

"Can I help?"

IC: Bullseye and Toxin/Suvak's Office

"Forgive us for intruding on you, but I would like to make a request of you, if possible. Tridax promised my brother, in return for construction the memorial, to procure him a new Lerahk suit. However, he has been replaced, and I wasn't sure if Icarax would be kind enough to do the same. I was wondering if you would know what you, or we, could do?"

IC: Snap [Halls->Library]

Skidding to a hault outside the Library, Snap entered the room at a more practical pace, sarching for Feka to give Footwork's news,

"Hey, uh, guy? Your friend's almost done with the melting thing!" She shouted in no particular direction, disregarding this being a library.

IC: Teeth [Library]

Oh great, someone was shouting in the library now...

IC: Rose [Halls]

Rose retracted her claws from the wall and snapped her head to face the brownish rahkshi, pausing to look him over before making her way to where he was, motions as awkward and jerky as ever, but in contrast, her voice was relativley calm,

"H-h-hello there, wh-what's your name then?" She chirped with an unintentionally wicked grin.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC: Jayar / House of Grossh

Unlike Kat, Jayar made his way to a seat, politely keeping out of the Steltian servant's way. Sure, he was on edge too, but it seemed a bit impractical to try remain standing for however long it would take Grossh to reach his secretive friends. Might as well take advantage of hospitality and a comfortable place to rest now; who knew when they'd get the chance next.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Vlad / Gym

Then with the lightning reflexes characteristic of both Rahkshi and vampires he whipped out his free hand, snatching the weight on the end of the chain from midair and beginning to draw on Illusive's energy through the kusari. For good measure, he gave his other arm a measured swing, sending his whip slicing towards Illusive's legs again.

IC: Illusive - Gym.

Draining my power through my own karzing weapon? For karz's sake...

The whip sliced out at my legs, and I jumped up over it, switching to flight mode in midair. Holding onto Legion with both hands, I took off, almost straight upwards. He'd either have to drop his whip and commit to clinging onto my weapon, or have it torn from his grasp. 

IC: "I'll reach my friends. You make yourself comfortable. I know they have at least one operative who stays close to Nynrah, so hopefully they should respond in good time."

IC: Era - House of Grossh.

"Thank you," I said gratefully, making my way over to a seat and sitting down. 

IC: The more military Makuta looked down at Sliver, eyes the colour of fire yet so very cold.

Very well. I believe I am acquainted enough with the facility. What requires my presence.

IC: Sliver - Headmaster's Office. 

"Treachery," I said grimly, "Before your arrival, Tridax tasked a group of us with weeding out traitors in the midst of the student cohort. It seems we've found another." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vyper - Hallways.

The main corridors seemed strangely empty. Perhaps everyone was out on assignment, or else gathered in one of the more prominent rooms for some reason or another. Whatever the reason, I decided to take advantage of the relative peace and quiet to go off and find my dorm room. Exploration was something I could save for later. 

After all, I had plenty of time to spare; who knew how long I'd be staying in this place. 

OOC: Open for interaction. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Poly:

"We do not know...."

*sacrifice. Like we sacrificed to be this... Aberration?*

~hold your tongue, wastrel.~

*i will not. This farce has gone on long enough.*

Our eyes dilated, and we clutched my head, dropping to our knees, and all at once, I screamed in agony and horror.

Our speech came out distorted, a cacophony of three minds vying for control.

"Heeeelp usssssss!"

• Upvote 1

IC Poly-Gym:

I saw now. All this time, I'd been chasing something far out of reach. Some elusive truth that I hadn't found until just now.

The highest form of truth was of course right in front of me.

"Death."

With a burst of wild speed and power, I flung myself at Nightmare, eyes blazing, rapier flashing out at his eyeslit. I fired a rhotuka, to keep him off balance.

To the outsiders, I was a ferocious madman.

But I knew.

I knew the truth.

"DEATH!"

• Upvote 1

IC: Fang - Malebranche

Fang could no longer find the will to sleep. Though he tried to relax, his eyes flew open every few seconds.

Where was Kat with the others?

Something was wrong.

Something had to be wrong.

Unable to take the confinement, Fang stalked over to the door of the warehouse and wrapped a claw around the frame. His burning eyes searched the crowd for any sign of Rahkshi... or Makuta. It took everything he had to keep himself in hiding, away from the House of Grossh. He could only make things worse, whatever had happened up there.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

Meanwhile, Hoto's eager pacing grew slower and slower until she sat down to rest on a crate. She had mostly recovered from the ordeal of flying, and now she couldn't resist the call of sleep.

IC: Rain - Infirmary

Palma was still outside, chatting with Flabby and Splotchy. Didn't she realize she had more patients to take care of? Rain would march over and demand her assistance if she could move.

As it was, she was stuck. The numbness from the electricity had worn off long ago, leaving her with a dull ache in her legs and broken shoulder. A low moan slipped from her mouth before she could cut it off.

IC: Char - Refectory

Her quarry was lost for now, but that didn't mean Char was out of the job. She would find them again, when their guards were down. For now, the Refectory was a perfect place for observing. Char grabbed a bowl of slop and found a table near a promising group with a tiny, tear-stained Rahkshi in the center. So many abnormalities and insecurities to exploit.

IC: Tear - Refectory

Tear's sobs slowly faded into silence, and she was now dozing in her chair, awaiting the arrival of Haru.

Vlad was quite unwilling to give up his grasp on Legion; not only would it be giving his opponent his weapon back, it would also cut off the flow of delectable energy coming through the kusari. He urgently contemplated alternatives more advantageous than the ones outlined in Illusive's post, rapid in coming up with a plan of action. Immediately he gave his arm a few quick twists, bracing his grip on the chain by wrapping it around his fist and arm, and willed the Gym to quickly encase his feet in a thick but strong layer of stone, holding him to the floor.

In any chain being pulled apart, the weakest link would give way first. Here and now, it really shouldn't be the stone holding Vlad's feet to the ground, nor was his chained arm likely to be pulled off, even if he did have to put up with a few moments of painful but ultimately worthwhile constriction. And with the speed of Illusive's frantic flight, he wasn't likely to grind to an abrupt halt. No, it seemed most likely that as ground zero for the vampire Vorahk's absorptive powers, the weakest point in this living chain would be Illusive's grasp.

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

Lucid frowned sympathetically. "Oh... that's unfortunate..." she murmured. Not all Rahkshi were as lucky as she was, lucky enough to both have parents who preferred them converted rather than killed be strong enough to resist such conversion.

She brightened up as an idea occurred, though. "Maybe you should repaint yourself," she suggested. "You could be just another unrecognized Rahkshi to him then."

Fine, then.

I let Legion whip out of my grasp, it's powers coming into effect as it coiled back on itself. I angled myself to face down towards him, and cut my flight the instant the last vestiges of light flickered out. At this height, the fall would easily be survivable for me. 

But blinded, and with his feet still encased in stone, I didn't like my foe's chances of evading the two-footed kick I was now aiming towards where I hoped him to still be standing. 

IC Optis:

Optis walked into the school, fiddling with an arm compartment. The latch was sticking, and he was trying to fix it. He looked around, and saw a Rahkshi. With digitigrade feet. He walked up to the Rahkshi. "I don't mean to upset you; The last Rahkshi I asked questions of seemed highly offended. So pardon me for asking, but why are your feet constructed in a digitigrade manner? The default arrangement is not digitigrade, or at least that is what I am aware of.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Vyper - Hallways. 

I turned towards the newcomer, pulling my cloak back around me. It seemed to have fallen open without me realising, a mistake I would berate myself for later. "I had them modified." A simple answer, not giving away too much. 

DARKNESS!?

Make it stop make it stop MAKE IT -

Oh.

To Vlad's surprise and immense relief the darkness coming in waves off the kusari stopped as the chain went slack. Illusive's grip had slipped, or been relinquished -

Rapidly Vlad ordered the Gym to remove the guards on his feet, he certainly didn't need them any more. In fact it immediately became clear that they would be a hindrance, for Illusive was bearing down upon him from above like vengeful living meteorite.

He tried to dodge, but there was only so much you could do in a fraction of a second with your feet clamped tight for half of that. Vlad's attempt to leap aside was interrupted halfway by one of Illusive's feet striking him hard in the shoulder, sending him spinning as he staggered away, a repressed hiss coming through gritted teeth.

But before long he was regaining his balance and breath beside the dead Matoran a few strides from Illusive, quickly stuffing Legion in his cloak somewhere for safekeeping (it wouldn't do him much good to use, but he wasn't going to throw it away or something that would let someone else get their hands on such a horrific weapon) and snatching Avenger up from the corpse, with a meager wince at moving his hurt arm. He'd put up with it; his opponent was doing fine dealing with the various gashes and cuts across his upper body.

Of course, all this took a little time, and his opponent would probably be upon him again before he was able to launch another attack. But he'd be prepared to defend. And whatever that little play had cost was surely far offset by the fact that he'd deprived his opponent of such a dark instrument as the kusari.

I picked myself up painfully off the floor, breathing hard. Having big, wide rahkshi feet had helped spread out some of the impact, but they still hurt like karz. And now... No... 

I glared at the sparkly rahk - the nobody who'd come out of nowhere to attack me for nothing - and reached out to my four remaining Matoran, calling them to my side. And then I tried something new, something different. 

"Give that back," the Matoran before me said, in an empty, toneless voice. It was difficult, trying to translate my thoughts into the Matoran tongue, then make those words come out of its mouth. But at last, I could speak. "Please." 

Fists clenched by my sides, my Matoran speaking my next words without any of the emotion I wanted to put into them. "Matoran are nothing. Lesser beings with feeble minds. They were made to serve us. Why else would we have been given the power to control them?"

I concentrated, trying to put my own emotions into the Matoran's expression and voice. "And you pity them? What gives a pathetic wretch like you the right to attack your own kind, kill their hard-won servants, steal the only things of worth to them?" 

Eyes narrowed, anger clouding its features, my Matoran now spoke with true anger in its voice. "Who are you?" 

IC Diode-Courtyard:

I heard voices. Others... I shivered. I was never comfortable around other Rahkshi.

Others... They poked, prodded, asked questions, teased, bullied.

I held my head in my hands, trying to focus on the garden and the occasional chittering of the Porters around me.

IC Sunshine

Rolling to the right, Sunshine jumped up, kicking off the wall when he noticed Vlad's situation.

"I am Sunshine." he growled in a loud tone as he brought his fist down on the Matohrok. Hopefully it would create an opening.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC Matoran-Porter- Gym:

Chittering. Blank.

CHKT-CHKT-CHKT

The porter lookalike grabbed a hold of the fist.

A disturbingly hollow voice emanated from it.

"No. You- are- finished."

It pulled, with surprising speed and strength, it another attempt at slamming Sunshine into the floor.

IC Tesla - Library:

TL;DR: Scientific gibberish about electromagnetism

Tesla was just reading 'Basics of Electromagnetism'. She originally wanted to skip few chapters about electricity. But she quickly got into it and decided to read whole book. Bond between magnetism and electricity seemed interestingly strong. She read the book carefully, chapter after chapter including notes for Corpus students. What at start looked like perfect way to get electric elemental powers using her own magnetism powers... It seems like magnetism caused by electromagnetism is slightly different thing than her elemental power. It might be possible to make strong magnet out of piece of metal and move it to create induction, but it would really difficult, weak and requiring really strong magnetic elemental powers. She won't be able to power single lightbulb with her current powers...

Deep in her book, she suddenly heard somebody shouting. Go scream to gym, jerk, she thought and stood up to look who was actually screaming.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

OOC: Sorry for not replying, I went on a camping trip with no wifi.

IC (As Ipartsa): "We're rahkshi, we've been trained to either start a fight or finish one and come out as a winner and it looks like everyone chose the latter option."

IC (As Bikraata): "Great, let's go then." Said the rahkshi as the rahi controlling Kraata directed the suit to the gym instead of the dormitories."

IC (As Botch): "Yeah, I'm gonna leave now." Said the rahkshi as she left Glaciem alone and walked out into the hallways.

OOC: Open for interaction.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Helkyre

Helkrye had gotten quite far along to the Dormitory before she realized that Bikraata wasn't following her there. But seeing as how she had wanted to get out of her interaction with them anyway, she paid little attention to it, and proceeded to finding her room. After identifying it, she entered, closed the door, and sat on her bed, which was at the moment only covered with a plain blanket. She let out a light sigh, and lied down on her side, closing her eyes as she went ahead and fell asleep after days of flying across the silver sea. A good night's rest was just what she needed right now.

After all, tomorrow was her first day.

Vlad glared at Illusive, a look filled with hatred and disgust, as he used the mouth OF A MATORAN to declare that Matoran were nothing. These Rahkshi and their elitism, their flimsy assurances of superiority to beings who actually managed to live in peace and do work of such value that the universe apparently depended on it. As if the destroyer was ever be greater than the creator of that which he ruined. It was loathsome, and he was about to shoot back a retort to Illusive's first paragraph when the second cut him off.

And then he was a 'pathetic wretch' again, despite the fact that he'd mustered up every trick that had ever been used against him, every fighting method his father had drilled into his head that he'd long defiantly tried to forget, even come up with some of his own somehow and against all odds actually managed to do rather well. He was about to refute that question, too, when the third interrupted, the most difficult of all.

Well, strictly speaking not difficult at all, but 'I am Vlad' was really an unacceptably boring answer.

"I am zer aberration," Vlad declared. "I am zer lighthouse in zer darkest storm. I am compassion against your cruelty, equal vhere you claim greater, freedom from your slavery. You lurk in shadows, but I am zer light."

Standing tall with fists clenched tight around his weaponry, proudly defiant, he at last announced, "I am Vlad, zer Vampire."

"Unt I am through vith beink a loser who puts up vith cruelty from zer likes of you."

• Upvote 4

"You think yourself the hero..." I let my control slip, the speaking Matoran returning to its expressionless, emotionless estate while the other three remained emotionless, like statues. 

Rage bubbled inside of me, an unholy anger that had been building for weeks and was finally ready to erupt. Life had taken so much from me - my voice and my friends, my brother and my purpose. And now, just when everything seemed to be going my way, when I was finally at peace, some aberrant nobody with a morality complex showed up out of nowhere to try to take it all away from me again.  

For so long I'd searched and clawed, in desperation and grief, for some one or thing to blame. My Makuta, my brother's killer, the school itself. But now, at long last, life had given me someone to blame, someone upon whom I could unleash all of my pent-up sorrow and confusion and madness. 

I was going to take my time with him. 

"...you act so proud of the fact that you stand in the light." My Matoran translator was expressionless, but the venom I couldn't put into its voice was clear for all to see on my face. "But you stand alone in the light. Here in shadows, we thrive." 

A cold, cruel grin split my face as I drew Serpent-Fang. "In the shadows, we are legion." 

IC: Shock

For a moment, I just stand there. My mind, silent for once. This Rahkshi had been my only friend in this forsaken school, and now.... I had nobody. Now, I had no friend, no... No reason to live. But I had to, didn't I?

Look at you. You couldn't keep your friend from dying. Instead, you watched him be skewered by... By this monster.

"What... Why? I... You..."

Nothing I could say would make him come back.

So, instead, an eye for an eye. A fire of rage starts building in me, one I haven't ever felt before. And you know what? I love it. I pull out my sword, my movements less jittery. I was gone. The beast had just arrived.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC Poly-Gym:

What beauty. What grace.

I felt it. The whole thing from beginning to end. The squelch and slight pop as it passed through their eye. The dull crack that signified the back of the eye socket breaking, that slight, jarring resistance of blade on bone. The resistance disappearing as it pierced the most vital organ, then returning as it broke through the back of the skull. The clank of metal as the hilt of our blade struck the outer shell of our opponent's faceplates.

A screech of pain, abruptly cut off.

Pain.

The second great Truth.

I turned my head to look at the other.

"It is beautiful, no?"

I pulled the blade free with a sickening squelch, the body of Nightmare dropping to the floor in an ungrateful heap.