Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Lucid / Dream Temple

Lucid nodded understandingly. You probably couldn't expect someone to give up their bitter protests to the Makuta's control just because you told them others felt the same way. "You will never accomplish that as you are, as you have been. Alone, at low level, your efforts are futile at best" She spoke sympathetically, not deprecatingly, stating unfortunate facts - the Makuta were not likely to be overthrown by a lone level 2 Rahkshi, nor permit the attempts. "So move forward: learn, grow. Make friends, seek new skills. - Survive. There is much you have yet to experience, people you have yet to meet, and doing so will advance you in power and knowledge. Then, in time, your renewed efforts may change what you now cannot."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Percy - Gym:

The dodgerahk had retrieved a new sword at some point, and was currently doing drills with it, getting used to the slightly different weight.

IC Burn - Halls:

Burn, meanwhile, was currently scoping out a new victim to mess with.

IC Diode - Library

I sat in the Library, a book laid on the table in front of me, one hand idly playing with my jaw ring.

OOC: All OFI

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"Nice sword," I mused, wandering up to the youthish dodge rahk doing drills, "Familiarising yourself with a new weapon?"

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I raised an eye ridge, "How'd you manage to break a sword?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Blue (Infirmary)

A splash of something wet jolted Blue awake. "Whaaa? What happened?" Blue muttered as he quickly got up and looked around. The dead Rahkshi was still there, and they were being dissected. "OK I've had enough of this place!" He exclaimed as he strode out of the room with a large splat of Kraata across his faceplates.

blueanimation.gif

IC: Tear - Dream Temple

"Then what's the point?" Tear snapped. "While I wait for levels and allies and experience, hundreds, maybe thousands will suffer! I can't just give up!"

...or not.

Tear sighed to herself, desperately trying to resist the urge to curl up on the floor and cry. Why did she even want to talk to him? Did she really think it would change anything?

"I see... good for you," this rahk seemed incredibly enthusiastic, almost excessively so. I wonder if he has any sort of skill to back it up all of that confidence...

IC Hollow

I swear, next time that twerp crosses my path, I'll turn her into a carpet. Oh, she'll never...

Hollow continued this and other thoughts as he stalked down to the gym to vent. Upon entering and making a pillar of stone, his attitude lightened, and he did what he enjoyed best:

Impressing himself. Aside from using it as a weight and repeatedly smashing it, among other things, he decided to see how far he could throw it, and stalking to the other side of the room, he let out a might "HirrrrAHH!!" and sent the pillar flying while he let himself return air to his beating lungs.

OOC: Hollow open for interaction.

"No," I replied after taking a few moments to think it over, "I don't suppose you've encountered my sister, Xara? Silver rahkshi of chain lightning, kind of on the lanky side, violet eyes, and angry with everything?" 

Lucid sighed sadly. His assertions the Makuta brought widespread suffering were not wrong. "I know," she murmured. "It's... tragic. But what can throwing yourself at the Makuta unprepared do, save add your names to that list?"

IC: Gaever / Library

"I am aware of the format of such jokes," Gaever answered tersely, her gaze arguably reciprocating Spindle's glare.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC: Tear - Dream Temple

Tear turned back to the fountain disheartened, and yet Tear could swear she saw the hints of a smile playing across the face she knew so well. She turned back to Lucid, unsure if she would have noticed. "I think we're finished here," Tear said. "Thank you for everything you've done. Maybe now that we have met, things will be better."

She glanced back to the hunched form of her other half, but she couldn't see his face. Somehow, she feared this had only made things worse.

IC Spindle

"Hehe" He snickered sadly, and then swung his arm downwards towards the floor as best as he could manage.

Crick.

The sound of the door finally loosing its hold on his arm was mingled with the sound of nearly shattering a knuckle or three. As a small bit of blood trickled down, and after a few seconds of cringing and whining, he abruptly turned towards Gaever with a surprisingly honest face full of disappointment and frustration.

"Well, you could have said that when I at least had the door." He watched the last part of it sink into the floor once more. "Wait... Why are you even talking to me?"

Lucid nodded. "Maybe," she replied, though Tear's reaction inspired little confidence in this. But now the chance to improve things had passed.

"If either of you ever want to meet again, you can come and see me, and I'll bring you both here," she told both of them. Then she stepped over to where Tear was standing, and gently placed her ring hand on Tear's forehead again. The dream world faded.

IC: Lucid / Library

They were back in the Library. Lucid opened her eyes, and took her hand off Tear's forehead.

"I am not precisely sure," Gaever answered sardonically. She certainly wasn't enjoying it much. Mostly she wasn't going to just stand there silently glaring at someone who was talking to her, even someone as unhinged as Spindle. Plus she was keeping him sort of distracted from the peaceful Rahkshi, at least.

IC: Tear - Library

They opened their eyes on the Library once more, and Tear looked to Lucid, brows furrowed with concern. "Th-that was... interesting," she stammered. "Th-thank you."

She stood and turned to glance over the other members of the Fellowship of Peace. There was so much promise here, but they could not be a part of it. "And... thank you for the help," she told everyone. 

After all of that, she wasn't sure where to go next. Her hand idly came up to scratch at her faceplates while she thought. But then, her eyes fell upon Spindle and the intimidating Rahkshi standing over him. "Is there a problem here?" she asked meekly as she approached.

IC Spindle

For half a second, Spindle rained a look of death towards the larger Rahk as a warning for what could occur. Then he faced Tear with a look of innocent surprise, and some suspicion. "Oh, just curious conversation. Are you alright? That seemed very awkward..."

IC: Lucid / Library

"I'm sorry..." Lucid began to say sadly, but the still distraught Tear was already moving away.

"...I'm sorry that didn't help much," she finished quietly anyways, because she felt like she needed to say it. She really was. Failure to help a distraught student was not something she had faced in her time at the school, and it saddened her greatly. She sat down with a wearied sigh.

Wait, were these Rahkshi acquainted? Why had he been being all intimidating with the knife then? Wondering if she had misconstrued something, Gaever hesitantly began to retreat from the two towards the door.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC: Tear - Library

"I'm fine," she replied, her eyes warily following the Surahk as she slipped off. "Come on, I need to tell you something." She waved Spindle out towards the halls, passing by Gaever as if she wasn't there.

IC: Melody - Library

With the shy, yet volatile Rahkshi out of the way for the moment, Melody turned her attention back to the Fellowship... and noticed Sim lay sprawled out on the ground in an awkward position. She jumped up to help him to his feet. "A-are y-you alright?" she stammered.

IC: Canvas - Hallways

Atop Xi's shoulder, Canvas began to groan and stir, doubtlessly making it harder to carry her.

Edited by Click

IC Xi

"Nnggghh-OW-uuuhhh...."

A sharp click from his shoulder told Xi that something was moving in a way it shouldn't be. Rather tired out, he suddenly got nervous of the awkward situation he was in: carrying her on his shoulder towards... Uh...

Where was he going, again?

IC Spindle

Worried about what had happened to Tear, Spindle paced forwards and stopped next to Gaever. "You know, I'd say don't judge a book by its cover, but we're in a library, so..."

Stalking past, he travelled with Tear until he was sure he was somewhat out of earshot. "Is something wrong?" he half-whispered.

IC: Tear - Hallways

"I t-talked to him," Tear replied, her voice breaking with emotion. And yet she never stopped moving, never removed her eyes from the hallway in front of her. "He s-scared me, always shouting and threatening harm. I n-never should have d-done it."

IC Spindle

"......"

Spindle felt himself shaking. He had never carried another person inside him - he was barely there himself - but it must be frightening to lose control of your body at random to a violent being with no remorse.

Like me.

"...What did he say?"

IC: Tear - Hallways

"H-he said..." Tear began hesitantly, "he said he was j-just protecting me... f-from my own Mother. M-my Mother who only ever g-gave me love, and... oh!" Tear suddenly stopped midstep and turned down another hallway, running faster this time. "I almost forgot!" she shouted back to Spindle.

IC Spindle

Why, I oughta...

Spindle tried his best to keep up, but going from 0 to... What seemed like 250 Bios an hour was no way to start the day after being incredibly stressed out and worried for your neck. He did manage to stay reasonably nearby, but only at gear-grinding effort.

IC: Tear - Causeway

Tear burst through the front doors out onto the Causeway, and her eyes quickly scanned the scenery. It didn't take her long to find what she was looking for. The stuffed Hapaka looked a little worse for wear after being out for so long, but she didn't seem to care. "My friend!" she called as she ran to its side. She turned around to show Spindle her prize. "I thought I left her out here!"

Then her smile vanished as she noticed something else dropped on the Causeway. Its sharp edges glinted viciously in the light. Tear tucked the toy under one arm and bent down to pick it up. She tossed the dagger over and over in her hands, careful not to cut herself. "It's... h-his," she whispered fearfully. "I thought I got rid of all of them."

IC: Tear - Causeway

Tear stared into the spiraling edges in her hand, oddly hesitant about the option. Then she looked up and grinned at Spindle. "I know! What if we went to the Gym and melted it down? He'd never find it then!"

IC Spindle

Fine. But the moment 'taer' or 'tier' or whatever his name is decides to show up, I get to punch him in the face. Okay? good.

"Brilliant idea," Spindle said, his lungs finally responding. "perhaps then we can make something out of it instead of a worthless knife."

Turning to head there immediately, Spindle stopped and turned around. "Wait. If he comes back, which he will at some point, he might decide to throw away your little friend there." He gestured to her stuffed toy. "I could always retrieve her, but I might not be able to find her unless I watch constantly."

"Instead," his face lit up with a grin, "we'll use those knife compartments to your advantage as a hiding place for her, with the metal from the knife as a lock."

Tear stepped forward to follow, only to be stopped as Spindle abruptly turned around. She glanced back down to the Hapaka, thinking the option over. It wasn't a bad idea, even if the lock didn't keep Tear out for long. "Alright," she replied. "But I think I'll need you to help me. I've never molded metal before."

Tear waited patiently until Spindle's back was turned, a sneer sneaking over his faceplates. The fool didn't suspect a thing.

As he vanished from Spindle's view, he darted forward with unnatural speed, plunging the dagger directly towards Spindle's Kraata case.

• Upvote 1

IC Spindle

Spindle had been listening for the sound of Tear walking, but when it turned to the sound of running almost instantly he got worried. He was beginning to turn around when Tear darted forwards, plunging the knife straight towards him. It bounced slightly on his kraata case, but dug deep alongside it, gashing straight down and slightly into his shoulder.

Spindle roared, his wrist blades snapping in on instinct and swiping across towards Tear's face.

IC: Tear - Causeway

As Spindle somehow anticipated his attack and the dagger scraped along his back, Tear let momentum take over as he rolled past Spindle and his slashing blades. With Spindle's arms occupied, Tear had a perfect opening to stab at the side of his Kraata case again.

IC: Bonegleam - Causeway.

As I started back across the twisting network of jagged pillars, I took a moment to idly wonder what the other students thought of me. Nothing good, most likely. To them, I was strange, unnatural, perhaps even terrifying, on some level.

A rahkshi who was fascinated not with killing, but with collecting the bones of the already dead. There were times when even I wondered about the state of my own sanity... 

IC: Geuua - Armoury. 

My work complete, I held Blazebreaker up to the flickering torchlight, examining the newly-sharpened spikes. Perfect... Setting the whetstone aside, I made my way out into the gym once more. 

IC: Illusive - Hallways.

Having neither soon or heard anything about Xara in the gym, I decided to try my hand at tracking down her dorm. Perhaps I could find something there that would help me inform Icarax of her location. 

And if not... Well, perhaps the headmaster chose the wrong student for this job... 

IC Spindle

Seeing Tear dodge out of the corner of his eye, Spindle buckled his knees and dropped as best he could. The knife tore into the top of his kraata case, and a small crack formed directly in front of the stab.

Everything flashed black for half a second as the knife barely sliced a nerve on the kraata's skin. With his face on the ground, the best he could do was kic backwards and hope he tripped him.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC Percy:

He thought for a moment, "Mmmm....I don't think so. Sounds like she'd stand out, I'd probably remember if I saw someone like that."

"Well, thanks anyway," A shame. Despite my initial intentions to ignore her entirely, there was a sizeable part of me that wished to challenge her skills in combat against my own. "Good luck finding your friend," I started to walk away. 

Edited by The Old Master