Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom noted that his enemy was favoring her injured leg, but tried not to get too excited over what could be another charade. "Well, you look like you've had enough fun for today," he hissed. "Why don'tcha come over here and finish off little inferior old me?"

IC--Beat--Gym

The other guy yanked back on their tangled weapons--not exactly what Beat had been hoping for, but she could roll with it. Rather than resisting, she simply released her grip on the upper end of her axe, allowing her opponent to pull the head of the weapon in a fast arc toward his own side.

IC--Sepulchral--Library

"Honestly, I've been rather lost in thought," Sepulchral admitted rather sheepishly. "I have found myself with a surplus of fuel for introversion lately."

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"If you insist," I responded, charging up my Rhotuka and firing it off towards my opponent's chest. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Canvas - Library

She laughed good-naturedly. It felt good to laugh. "Anything worth sharing with us simple folk?"

IC: Tear - Infirmary

Tear all but stumbled into the Infirmary when at last she found it and sank onto a bed.

IC: Melody - Courtyard

Melody crawled up behind Blue and Sim, smiling slightly at her success.

OOC: No tricks this time, I just honestly forgot to switch Tear's color again

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

There weren't a lot of words that they just understood there, but Hunger was one of them. There was really only one thing to do here, then. Gratefully accepting the bowl, Phantom upended the contents into their mouth.

A brief moment passed before they swallowed. Did Phantom even know what food tastes like? Maybe not, in this reduced state of mind. Either way, they licked the edges of their mandables and handed the bowl back to Gaever, smiling all the way.

They really didn't know what food tasted like if they liked this swill.

IC: Slif - Gym

Finally, I landed a decent hit! I stopped right where I had met him, but I charged again as soon as I got my footing. He was real close to the edge now, almost next to the pillar I had been pushed against just a second ago. This might be the last hit before I could knock him out of the ring...

IC: Sim - Courtyard

And I was back on solid ground, in the open. My pained breathing matched that of the rahk that had just helped Melody to retrieve me. I was out of the grave, but I was still quite stiff, and my snout was probably broken. I layed flat on te ground, whistling through my nose. I couldn't rightly get away from everyone now, so laying down like a stone seemed the best option. Before I could retreat into my shell, though, I saw Melody crawl up right behind me. 

"Thanks..." I whimpered a little.

OOC: I don't want to take the time to write out Sim's speech problem right now, as you may have noticed earlier, but he still has it.

IC: Fate - Infirmary

"That should do it. Lay down on the table now, so you don't stress the wound open again."

I closed the jar, and put it back on the cart.

"If there were a rahk on hand who could sew, I would have them stitch the wound together. But we don't appear to have that luxury, so you have to do your best to move as little as possible over the next day."

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

Gaever took the empty bowl and put it back on the tray. She would have suspect Phantom's reaction to the taste was in some way sarcastic, except he probably didn't understand sarcasm. Just as well, she wasn't very good at it either. Then she stood awkwardly for a moment, not sure what to do now - coming up with conversation was hardly her strong suit, but just starting to build again while he looked on didn't seem right.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

The food sat nicely inside Phantom's stomach. Gaever didn't appear to be sitting well where they stood, though. No words were spoken, no actions made beyond awkward blinking and fidgeting.

"Hmm." Phantom didn't know much of what to do either, so they didn't blame Gaever.

Rather than wait around for nothing, Phantom stepped over to the short wall of rubble. An inquisitive stare was thrown Gaever's direction.

"It's what f-friends do." But her smile was quick changed for a more serious look. "F-friends also sh-should know when t-to take f-friends to the Infirmary. Let's g-go."

"It is to be the floor of my workshop," Gaever said. "It is still in progress." She had already explained this, though. Was he wondering about something else? "Are you offering to assist me in its completion?" she inquired tentatively, hoping her guess was correct and not presumptuous. "You are under no obligation to do so."

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Ah, so the gauntlets did have weapons in them. Good to know.

Kaboom dropped into a forward somersault, the Rhotuka zipping past overhead. He heard it impact the barrier behind him, then felt a brief but sharp tug at his back--which was interesting, but he didn't really have time to think about it at the moment, because the interference meant that he was going to come up a little short of his enemy, and facing several degrees off. As he sprang to his feet, Kaboom swung both his swords at his opponent, desperately hoping that he wasn't too late...

IC--Sepulchral--Library

"Well, it really isn't anything terribly profound," Sepulchral replied with slightly more modesty than he actually felt. "I simply made up my mind to finally reject the Brotherhood's philosophy before I had decided what to adopt in its place, so...I have been doing some research. The results have yielded no shortage of food for thought."

Ashamed though I was to admit it, this was proving to be an annoyingly difficult battle.

Not because my opponent was exceptionally skilled, or exceptionally clever, but simply because he was wielding a semi-intangible electrified sword that was nigh-impossible to defend against in any direct manner.

A frustratingly effective gimmick. 

I jumped back away from his swinging swords, edging slightly to the side in order to avoid colliding with the pillar that had been directly behind me. "You really like that fancy sword of yours," I observed, collapsing my staff and putting it away, "I'm curious to see how well you do without it," I extended my left hand and drew upon my level 2 powers, trying to tug the chute blade from his grasp. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Okay... Looks like I'll just have to separate Liar, Rail, and Torc for a bit while I await a reply from Onaku.

IC: Liar - Gym

Oh, for Karz's sake...

If Liar had to describe how he thought a match between a Level 2 and a Level 4 Rahkshi would play out, this certainly wasn't the way he would've done it.

Sure, he had taken a few blows here and there, but he had expected to receive a full-fledged beating by now, not for his opponent to merely react and counter-attack the entire time. It was as if nothing he was doing was good enough to warrant such a response, and to be quite frank, it was starting to annoy him just a little. Here he was reaching his way through his entire bag of tricks and throwing whatever he could at them, including, but not limited to, what he considered to be on par with the slop being served in the refectory, and they still didn't have the decency to simply step forward and just end it already. Seriously, it was getting to the point where he was mentally replaying the match up to this point in its entirety, just to look for something in his arsenal that would finally get the job done.

Swords...? Nope.

Disc...? Used it.

Firecrackers...?  Meh.

Powers...? Been there, done that.

Terrain...? Not enough sand anymore.

Gee, I was having much better luck with my... BY THE MAKUTA, I'M A FREAKING GENIUS!

Casually spinning the weapons around in his hands for a bit as he reveled in anticipation, he quickly sheathed them before proudly reentering his all-too familiar stance and placing his fists on display again, throwing a few practice jabs in mid-air as he mockingly bobbed and weaved while showing off his rapid footwork.

This is it, buddy; the moment we've all been waiting for. Don't #### it up.

IC: Rail - Gym

Feeling his muscles and the limbs of his suit lock themselves up, Rail barely had enough time to process that he was now barreling backwards due to the second staff's point blank collision with his sternum.

Flailing around in the sand, he activated his Level 1 ability while twisting his body, ensuring that the weapon he had just gained possession of wouldn't escape his grasp as he frantically dug his claws into the stone, eventually coming to a stop just a few inches short from sailing over the edge of the platform. Quickly forcing himself back to his feet as adrenaline coursed through his veins, he was faced with the sudden urge to snap the thing over his knee just to be rid of it once and for all, but after a moment of silent reflection, he ultimately decided against such an action, opting to simply toss it behind him and into the moat instead.

Calm down. It's just a match; the stakes aren't life or death.

Drawing his knives for the first time since the fight began, he slowly started circling around his opponent once more, trying to get a read on what their next move would be in an effort to effectively respond.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

I remained where I was, poised at the edge of the platform, the water at my back, pillars to my left and right, Remembrance in my hand. Karz, it's hard to beat someone without using lethal force. I needed to think outside the box, use that brilliant karzing brain I was so fond of bragging about. My head was swimming with ideas, but...

...wait. That's it! I lashed out with my free hand, releasing the energy I'd been building up in one colossal blast - not at my opponent, but straight down into the water behind me. The crystalline liquid surged upwards as it was displaced by the oncoming rush of wind, and I called on my low-level powers to pull the storm of airborne droplets back down towards me, causing it to wash over a decent portion of the combat platform.

Hopefully, my opponent would find it a little more difficult to employ his fancy footwork on a wet floor. 

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom would have resented his enemy's implication, but he was too busy keeping ahold of his sword. Unfortunately, this didn't really tell him anything more about her variation--she could have been using Magnetism, Gravity, or even Vaccum. Even more unfortunately, his insistence on keeping the chute blade was pulling him off balance, toward his opponent. Snarling, he swung his free sword toward her chest, determined not to let her press her advantage.

IC: Canvas - Library

"Good. That's good." Canvas lay back in the chair, hoping he meant he was staying with them.

"Oh!" She stopped suddenly and turned around again. She had almost forgotten about the other Rahkshi there. "Th-thank you. I'm M-Melody, and th-this is..." She trailed off to let Sim introduce himself.

I moved my right arm in between the sword and my chest, letting my opponent's blade clang against the casing that housed my wrist blade. As I did, I released my gravitic pull on the chute blade and lashed out with my foot, aiming a clawed kick at his abdomen. 

Edited by The Good Guys

IC Spindle

"Right. Fun."

Spindle groaned as he laid on the bed, his eyes darting towards-

Her.

One arm lazily half-lifted and pointed towards her bed. "Do keep an eye on that one." He groaned. "You'll see why."

IC Fountain

Fountain grinned, then felt like slapping himself for grinning.

He kept the swing, pulling up and around to bring an underarm swing again, but instead of trying to hit the open air, he threw the electrified chain mail towards her left side... As he darted into flight mode and tried to ram her right.

IC: Geuua - Gym.

I had to give my opponent credit - he was good at taking people by surprise. Not really out of skill or anything like that, but mostly because his tactics were so unorthodox, impractical or outright ludicrous that there was no anticipating them. 

Like right now, when his floppy chainmail dress came flying at me. It slapped lazily across my shoulder and upper arm, the links momentarily catching on the notches on my armour before I brushed the stupid thing off and kicked it out of the arena. By the time I turned back towards my foe, he'd managed to switch to flight mode (he was looking kind of wobbly; with that skirt strangling his legs I guessed he didn't get much practice flying) and was now trying to swing into my right side.

Given that we were still fairly close together, there hadn't been much room for him to build up speed or momentum, but he was still a big, heavy rahk, and as I result I was forcibly nudged sideways, towards the edge of the arena. 

"Is that the best you've got?" I asked, once I'd steadied myself a couple of steps away from the edge. "Because this is starting to get ridiculous." 

IC Percy:

Another parry, a little better this time, but he still had to take a step back.

IC Diode:

My weapon slid, freeing itself, and although the axe impacted my shoulder, it was mostly the heat of the plasma that i felt. I winced slightly. This was my chance. mentally bracing myself, I grabbed hold of the burning haft, suppressing a screech of pain as i flipped my weapon to it's alternate side, and jabbing it at my opponent's arm that still gripped the weapon, hoping to get enough of a numbing shock that they'd let go from the force.

Now that was more like it. Finally, he was using his weapon in the way it was made for. I jerked back away from his swing, measuring my steps in order to plant my back foot firmly on the lip of the arena edge. 

Not for the first time, I found myself wishing that I'd invested in some kind of ranged weaponry. 

Edited by The Good Guys

IC Fountain

The crumpled spine coupled with the sudden lack of his mail skirt made him look more like a frenzied madman than a statue warrior. Missing flight mode, he hopped back into it immediately, the fan axe stopping its movement and swinging in the opposite direction.

He also turned to circle the inside of the arena, but the fan axe came towards Geuua, who was near the edge. I hope to Karz this works...

I dived to the side, hooking my Earth Claw around the pillar and swinging behind it as the axe passed by. Coming around the other side of the pillar, I lurched back onto the platform and darted towards my foe, swinging my hammer two-handed at his legs. 

IC: Fate - Infirmary

I raised an eyebrow and looked over at the rahkshi in question. They seemed passive enough, timid almost.

"Oh will I?" I said, only slightly sarcastically, "Were they the one that did this to you?"

I returned to my work of disassembling the suit, hoping the rahk would fall to sleep soon.

IC: Sim - Courtyard

"Sim, Sim Xire." I bowed to them, all while hoping they had distracted Melody enough to forget about the infirmary.

IC: Slif - Gym

Before I careened off the edge of the arena, I dug my claws into the stone pillar. I turned around and threw another punch at him.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the water

"How.... workshap?"

They gestured to the stones not yet placed.

IC Fountain

Shucks.

Even with the slow flying speed, he was going fast enough that, when Geuua staggered back up and dashed towards him, he was already on the other side. However, this didn't stop Geuua at all, and she closed the distance rapidly. He did see her coming, and instead of trying to ram her again, he went straight up. The hammer slammed violently into the shaft of his fan axe, almost making him drop it.

And even as he climbed up, he was extremely nervous. He hadn't flown much at all, much less vertically.

IC Spindle

Spindle smiled a bitter and almost saddened smile. "The poor girl." He muttered under his breath, bit still loud and raspy enough to be easily heard. "There's two people occupying that suit, see... And you're looking at the nice one."

IC: Shock / Gym

Rather than send another pointless swing at Percy, this time Shock got both hands on his sword, and stepping forward shoved it hard against Percy's, hoping his opponent would be unbalanced or forced back further.

That was a yes? Probably. It might be somewhat difficult to explain to Phantom how this was to be done, though. "I shall demonstrate." Gaever went to where she had left off, where a stone and the supply of mortar waited. "Before two stones are placed together, mortar must be spread on the first." She kneeled, and began to do so. "It will harden, and thus hold them together." Once the mortar was well applied she pressed the new stone against it firmly, so it would stay.

She had already drawn a rectangle in the rocky soil outlining where the foundation was to be; now she stood and gestured to it. "The edges of the building are represented by this line. The stones should follow the line as closely as possible."

She looked at Phantom, hoping her explanation had been adequate (for now - more would be needed for eventual walls and the ceiling, or when they needed more mortar). "Does this make sense?" she asked hopefully.

"And what's that going to accomplish?" I growled, glowering up at my airborne opponent from my new position near the middle of the arena, "Neither of us have ranged weaponry, and you can't stay up there forever."

What the actual karz was he trying to do now? Was this idiot trying to get himself killed? 

I didn't have time to wonder about it. Given the speed of his descent and the relative likelihood of both him and me suffering life-threatening injuries if he managed to land on me, there wasn't much more I could do but jump back out of his path, and wait for the inevitable crunch of him plowing straight into the hard stone floor. 

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

Thuriasz had not been expecting hilarity in this tournament, but he found himself laughing at a certain pretentious skirtless Rahkshi's antics. Fountain's bizarre attempts at noble combat were increasingly comical, from his rampant misuse of his weapon, to the patently absurd quasi-attack of throwing a chainmail skirt, to his current attempt to pound himself flat into the ground. You almost wondered if his performance was some sort of parody. Though you also had to pity Geuua for having to put up with it. Soon, he was sure, it would be over - certainly it was clear Fountain could not turn things in his favor, unless his opponent laughed herself unconscious.

• Upvote 1

IC Fountain

The fan axe moved very quickly, the tip of the blade fast moving to collide with the top of Geuua's head. It was a shame she hadn't pain attention to its reach.

However, the solid stone floor was still an issue, and not one to be avoided. He had to drop out of flight mode to even have a chance of not splintering his legs in every direction. Unaware if the attack even penetrated Geuua at all, he tried to make his jump as springy as could be.

The end result was his legs absorbing some of the momentum and the rest violently landing itself on his hind end. A few bits of silver metal flew off, but he was back on his feet in an instant, hoping he had at least cut the hammer-wielding opponent.

I briefly felt something tapping against the upper back of my faceplate as I scrambled away from the impact zone - likely my opponent flailing wildly to hit me during the maddened panic of his final second before impact with the floor. 

But when I turned back around, I was surprised to see that not only was my opponent not a scrap-strewn smear on the floor, but was somehow already on his feet, in spite of the crushing leg wound I'd given him earlier. "Enough!" I tossed my hammer to the floor at my feet, unwilling to make another move against a foolish brakas who was in no condition to continue fighting, "What karz is wrong with you? Are you trying to cripple yourself? Just swallow your pride and stop, please." 

Edited by The Good Guys