Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Geuua - Gym.

If there was one thing I'd learned in all of this, it was that my foe truly didn't know how to use his weapon. Maybe he'd just picked it because it had looked cool, or because he'd found it cheap somewhere, or perhaps it had been a gift from someone, but it was abundantly clear that no one had trained him how to use it properly. 

No, I wasn't pretentious enough to consider myself an expert on all kinds of weaponry, despite all of my time spent forging and metalworking on Xia, but even without the few entries I'd read on fan axes, it was obvious simply from the way it was designed how such a weapon was supposed to be used. Being an edged weapon, clearly it was designed for slashing, as the lengthy pole-arm handle made it impractical for hacking. It wasn't much more than a glorified, less-effectual halberd, a weapon made for keeping opponents at a distance from mid-range.

Against any other foe, I might've been baffled by the way he'd decided to plant his foot directly in front of my hammer - the hammer I'd dropped right at my own feet - before taking his swing. But this guy had already proven his ineptitude. He was way too close for his weapon to be effective, and that was something I intended to take advantage of. Enough of this!

I stepped forward, past his guard, aiming to bring my armoured boot down on top of his own front foot, before snapping out my right fist towards the middle of his face. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Fountain

Seeing her close the distance even more, he quickly stepped his foot to the side to allow her to step on the spiked portion of her own hammer.

As the fist came rushing towards his face, though, he didn't have enough time to dodge it while getting his foot out of the way. Instead of using his dropping tactic, knowing she was way too fast for that, he simply ducked his head, allowing her exposed hand to fly right into the pointy, tangled mess that was his ruined fins.

Given that I had to step over my hammer in order to try to stomp on his foot, there was no way that him shuffling his foot to the side was going to magically cause my own foot to shift diagonally backwards down onto the Blazebreaker's head. 

As such, it didn't.

It, as logic would suggest, came down in front of the hammer's shaft, right where my opponent's foot had previously been. As he ducked under my punch (practically headbutting me in the sternum given how close we were) I pulled back my punching arm, raised it up, and brought the armoured elbow crashing down towards my opponent's stubborn, rock-filled head. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Fountain

The punch didn't connect?

That was weird. Fountain was struck as to how she had managed to completely null the momentum in her arm in order to not slice up her knuckles. However, a new attack must be coming, and he had to move. Again.

He was tempted to try flight mode, but that would probably end with her on her face and him with no lower legs. He pulled the fan axe back towards him, a bit above his head, letting it come to dig into her side, only to have the elbow smash into the shaft and cut one of his fingers.

Infuriated, he began to shock himself again, and with his head making contact with her body, she would be irritated at the least.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"Enough of this," the master of the tournament declared, standing and pointing to where Fountain was somehow still trying to fight Geuua. "Fountain, Geuua, your duel is over. By now Fountain has conclusively proven his ineptitude in combat, and I see no possible route to victory for him. Therefore I declare that he has lost the duel, and Geuua has won."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Melody - Courtyard

In answer, she pulled out her flute and played a quick trill.

IC: Tear - Infirmary

Tear groaned softly. She didn't have time to waste in here with this injury. She had to find the Fellowship. She had to see if they were okay. She had to get their help. She had to find out...

Her eyes caught a glimpse of Spindle lying on another bed. Oh nonononono...

IC: Tube - Gym

Maybe they were wrong. It was much more fun to watch the tournament than fight in it. They loved watching the Rahkshi pretend they didn't know how to fight.

I staggered back, hand stinging. "I... won?" I turned towards Thurisaz, "Are you sure? I mean... he's not technically beaten yet." 

IC: Leviathan - Gym

"I have to agree with the contestant who is fighting properly. Despite his apparent ineptitude, he has some skill at staying relatively unharmed. Not only that, but he has strategies that are... Unorthodox. He is unpredictable, and it may only be a matter of time before one works. Also, if this tournament is about skill, then let the 'victor' show that they can fight the unpredictable." I say from the ground, before narrowing my eyes. "Or, if he is truly inept, then let the victor give him a lesson..." With my piece said, I fall silent again to observe other battles.

Edited by Sassy Dalmation

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC Fountain

"A lesson is not required." Fountain said with some little sarcasm, glaring at Leviathan while he softly picked up the hammer from between his legs. "But her point is valid. I fear your master attempt has lost its touch, royal knave. " He turned to address the competition master. "I am fully convinced this contest is solely about raw power instead of any integrity. I will have the delight of exiting myself from this amusement festival, but not before I give honor where it is due."

He turned again, feeling more of his fins flaking off, to direct his speech at Geuua. "I am mistaken about you. While I was spot-on for your actual honor level, regrettable as it is, you impressed me in nearly every other area. I was not expecting you to be so capable or strong, even more so than you appearance conveys. Your fighting style is incredibly simplistic, but very effective, although I cannot give you credit for the usage of that" he pointed at her mechanical limb. "There is much potential for that."

"I will be honest, your fight has humbled me to a degree. Despite your slow wit you are rather clever, and I feel honoured to have been able to compete against you before any others. Perhaps I am not the best at compliments," He gave a painful shrug "For I mix them with critique, but I congratulate you; you have made an ally today instead of an enemy."

He flipped the hammer around, struggling a little under the weight, before offering it handle-end first to his foe. "Perhaps I will have the honor to duel with you again."

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

Somewhat surprisingly, Fountain himself answered Geuua and Leviathan by conceding, rather than adding his own objections to the list. Well, except for his complaint that this was a test of strength over integrity. "Well, it is a fighting tournament, not a debate on ethics. One would expect strength to be more important," Thurisaz replied. "In any case, I appreciate your participation even if this event was not what you felt ideal. You are of course welcome to stick around to watch the remainder," he added, if out of courtesy rather than expectation that Fountain actually would.

Considering that his speech had been brimming with jabs and insults clearly intended to bait me, it took a lot of effort not to snatch up Blazebreaker and smash my opponent's stupid smug head in. I'm not giving credence to your lies.

Twisting my mouthparts into a scowl to hold back any retorts I might have spat in his direction, I picked up my hammer, turned my back, and clambered down off the platform.  

Edited by The Good Guys

IC Fountain

Inside, Fountain was grinning.

Here she had walked right up, delivered herself to a flurry of insults, was baited through the conversation, and with a two-path ending that nabbed her wherever she turned, he had won. Truth be told, it hadn't gone as well as he expected, but it worked nonetheless.

He slowly walked forwards and scooped up his mail skirt before softly stepping down the stairs and moving quietly towards the door. Part two before part one... Oh well, at least something has worked. But I'm not done yet.

IC Hollow

Urgh, this stupid place, turning me around, can't figure out which stupid direction...

He shambled into the library's far entrance, his eyes instantly falling upon Canvas. Her voice was the same, but she looked... What? How? Can she do that all the time, whenever she wanted? Heh, just get her another pair of arms and... Uh-oh.

He leaned against the doorframe, looking hard at her and her companion. Little missy, I'm seeing a noticeable lack of Xi over there...

IC: Exxan - Gym.

I remained where I was, poised at the edge of the platform, the water at my back, pillars to my left and right, Remembrance in my hand. Karz, it's hard to beat someone without using lethal force. I needed to think outside the box, use that brilliant karzing brain I was so fond of bragging about. My head was swimming with ideas, but...

...wait. That's it! I lashed out with my free hand, releasing the energy I'd been building up in one colossal blast - not at my opponent, but straight down into the water behind me. The crystalline liquid surged upwards as it was displaced by the oncoming rush of wind, and I called on my low-level powers to pull the storm of airborne droplets back down towards me, causing it to wash over a decent portion of the combat platform.

Hopefully, my opponent would find it a little more difficult to employ his fancy footwork on a wet floor. 

IC: Liar - Gym

Oh, now you've done it... Wait, what?

Just as Liar was expecting his opponent to actually go in for the kill (figuratively speaking, of course), he was faced with the almighty power of what was essentially a few seconds of rain, causing him to slip and lose his balance for a moment, but otherwise leaving him completely unharmed, save for what remained of his dignity.

Needless to say, he was not amused.

Rolling his eyes for a moment, he eventually found them gazing at one of the other platforms, informing him that the match taking place on top of it had already ended, which only succeeded in agitating him even further. At this point, the thought of simply stepping back onto the floor and walking away from this snoozefest entirely was starting to sound more and more appealing as time went on, and since he'd be leaving of his own volition, he'd be able to do so without any additional embarrassment, especially now that the stigma of being the first to be eliminated had now been reserved by another. Still though, the sole reason he had entered the tournament in the first place was to fight, so it was understandable why he currently had no plans as of yet to do just that.

Letting his grin finally morph itself into a frown in order to properly display his displeasure, he turned his attention back towards the other combatant, an expression of seriousness suddenly painting itself across his face.

"Look buddy, we both know how this is going to end, so you might as well just stop dancing around the subject and come at me already," he said. "Or at least have the decency to remove yourself from the equation so we can finally move on with our lives. Honestly, I'm open for either, so take your pick."

IC: Glass

Back to square one.

Glass decided to counter the close-range weapons by switching his staff for Terrortooth. If Rail tried to parry, Rail's knives would be disintegrated on contact.

But he didn't need to know that yet.

Glass slowly followed Rail's circling.

IC: Rail - Gym

Mind racing as he continued to watch his opponent's movements, Rail merely narrowed his eyes as he observed the weapon switch.

From a practical standpoint, the action made little sense; despite the loss of their primary weapon, they still maintained a consistent reach advantage over him, which they were now conciously lessening for themselves in favor of meeting him blade-to-blade. Using the second staff would've presented them with much more options in order to properly defend themselves with, despite the blunt force of its strikes being somewhat lessened due to his extra layer of armor, and would've led to at least twice as many opportunities to effectively pull off a successful counter. At first, he was simply prepared to write off the tactic as a sort of "honorable" display some of the other students had grown quite fond of showing off lately, but seeing as how they had opted to press their attack while he was still on the ground instead of giving him the chance to return to his feet, he felt that it was safe to rule that out entirely. No, there had to be a much more reasonable explanation as to why they had suddenly shifted their favor towards the sword, and until he figured out what that was, it would make even less sense to charge headfirst into a situation he suspected that he knew almost nothing about.

Taking a few more steps to the side, he suddenly thrust his leg forward as if to close the distance, lashing out with a quick thrust of his knife in the other Rahkshi's general direction. In truth, he knew well enough beforehand that the attack wouldn't even come close to injuring them in the slightest, but making a move towards their personal space was still necessary in order for him to study their reaction.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Waiata

"I would be honoured!" They enthusiastically responded. "You take care now. I'll be here in the courtyard whenever you want to find me again." Waiata then said, before strumming their guitar and waltzing calmly back outside to sit on the grass among the flowers. There they continued to play a soft melodic song on their instrument, singing a soft lyric along with it.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

Phantom didn't much know what "mortar" was, but if it was going to hold the stones together, then they would happily use it. They approached Gaever with such an aura of positivity that it seemed even the darkest of shadows would have smiled in response. Picking up a glob of the mortar in their hands and carefully moving it to the wall, they applied it to a set of stones, trying to mimic Gaever as much as possible. After feeling satisfied with their application of the mortar, they picked up another piece of rubble and fit it into the wall the best they could. It almost fit, but one side was too jagged to fit quite right. That wouldn't do. Without any degree of hesitation, they removed the stone and punched heavily through the jagged edge, hardly feeling the pain.

It fit rather nicely now. Once again seeking approval, Phantom stared at Gaever.

IC: Fate - Infirmary

Two people in the same suit? How was that possible?

"And just how can you tell I'm looking at the 'nice one'?" I say almost absentmidedly. I've lost interest in both my patient and his worries.

I've reached the thighs of the deceased's suit, and something very interesting has just revealed itself. Two weapon holsters, one per leg, with advanced machinery inside. Not only that, it appeared to be incredibly similar to energy siphon technology. I wasted no time removing them for closer examination. Whoever had been using these before had been incredibly close-minded to the capabilities of this technology. I had to know what these could do.

IC: Slif - Gym

The shield knocked my fist to the side. I came in with the other fist, aiming for the inside of the shield as it turned.

IC: Sim - Courtyard

I smiled, and passively waited for conversation to turn to new subjects, until Melody brought up the infirmary again.

"Well... I suppose there's no point in fighting her." I shrugged to Waiata, and relinquished my will to Melody.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Shock / Gym

Unfortunate for Percy that Thurisaz' announcement came right then. Shock didn't mind much though, since it meant that victory now felt within his reach. He charged forward again, sword slashing at Percy's shoulder.

Probably it wasn't going to be as easy as just locking and pushing him again, he knew, but he had to start with something.

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

That was one way to do it. "That is approximately correct," she approved with a nod, maybe even smiling a little. "It is better if, instead of breaking an ill-fitting stone, another can be found that fits already, and the ill-fitting one set aside to be used when it does happen to fit nicely, so each stone remains as large as possible. But you are essentially correct."

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"If you're so certain that you're going to win, why don't you come at me?" I countered, remaining exactly where I was.

I didn't fancy my chances if I charged blindly over the newly-watered floor towards a faster opponent, and instead focused on once again drawing in residual air from the open area behind me. 

Summoning up a bench out of the gym floor, I slumped down, not paying much attention to the other fights. I cast a momentary glare towards my departing opponent, who inexplicably seemed to be walking absolutely fine, then glanced briefly at the bizarre rahk who'd leapt to his defence even after Thurisaz had already called off the match. 

Sighing, I started working Blazebreaker, smoothing out the few dents and scratches it had picked up, and sharpening its spikes. Some people just don't know when to stop...

The sword cut into my flesh, and fluid spurted from the wound. I howled in pain, and withdrew. I covered the gash with my good hand, that arm had taken quite a beating.

"Aah... You got me good."

My hand wasn't doing any good, the blood just dripped between my fingers. I attacked again, this time using my claws instead of my closed fist to go for his waist.

I turned to face him, with ice in my eyes.

"I am aware of that fact." I spoke without emotion, but even I could not keep my displeasure from oozing out of my insides. Leaning in, I continued, "What I am questioning is; if there really are two people inside a single suit, how can you tell that the one I'm looking at is 'nice'?" 

I turned again, refusing to give into any antics of his. I had work to do with these holsters.

"Ooooooohh," Yes, they decided, that would make more sense.

They weren't sure why, but it did.

They repeated their previous process, but instead fit different rocks into the wall before placing the mortar so they could find the best piece to the puzzle. In a few moments, there was another addition to the wall.

Gaever continued her work, now with an extra set of hands to help. As they labored, Phantom poured, and poured, thick, pale fog. They wondered why they did that. None of the other Rahk did it, or at least, as far as Phantom knew they didn't. It might get in the way sometimes, it was a little hard to see the ground when it's covered in a white mess. But... they liked it. It made them feel safe.

"Fog..." It seemed it was just as much a part of them as Phantom on the Water was.

"Why?" They said aloud. Not for Gaever, not for anyone but them.

They didn't slow in their work, but the thought continued to recur.

He was undeniably insane. But I had to give his warning some credit, the stare of the rahk in question was unyielding, and they bore signs of exhaustion, like those from a fight. It was possible....

"Well, if that's the case, then why don't you keep an eye on them for me? Hmm?" 

I spoke as I carefully removed the plates of my palm. What was left from the holster looked like an exposed battery, with a single, hornet-like stinger.

"Might I ask you, what's your variation?"

"Well karz. That's rather hard to gauge... though, I suppose there's much less of a chance of overcharging."

Just a quick test, that's all I needed.

"Just..." I placed the small device against his arm.

"One..." It primed, emitting a small whine.

"Test." The spike tapped against his armor. If he felt it, it would have only been a gentle pinch.

Or at least, it should have been.

IC Spindle

Hearing a slight whirring sound, his body tensed, wondering if this newcomer was going to pull a Tear and stab them in the throat or something. Suddenly, there was a soft thud and a small pain spike in his arm.

"oh."

He said oh, but his body reacted a little more violently. Involuntarily, the tensed muscles launched his upper body forwards - up for everyone else - into the cot above him. He came down with a gentle creaking of the bed, and one hand on his smacked face, feeling his shoulder flare up as the muscles and tubes despised the abrupt movement.

"What the...?"

"Ah... I wasn't expecting that much of a reaction. I do apologize for that. Let me check on your shoulder..."

Without moving my hand from his arm, I pried open the casing to inspect his kraata. It looked nearly the same as it had before, if just a little longer. Just then, my little contraption beeped, signalling it was full.

"Hmm. I'll be right back." 

I had to test the device first. Exiting the infirmary, I ejected the rifle from my side, and aimed for the far end of the hall. I held the machine tightly, and let it prick my hand. The sensation was definitely not just a soft pinch, as the energy movement caused my muscles to spasm, pulling the trigger of the gun and letting an armor piercing round fly across the hall.

"Karz..."

I ran, not wanting to waste time. Coming close, I could see the stone writhing. Accuracy did instinctively seek out vulnerable points... it wasn't truly conclusive though. I ran back, and approached the patient.

"Well, I still don't know if this really works. But I have a way to see if it does for sure, that will hopefully benefit the both of us."

My attention turned to Palma, as she rested.

IC: Paladin

He couldn't see it through my visor, but I was visibly in pain when he scratched my waist. Green fluid flowed from the wound, and I staggered back a little. He was much worse for wear, however. "Give up." I said, clenching my fangs. "You are quite clearly hurt badly. I do not wish to hurt you any further."

IC Spindle

Vicious at first for the surprise,  Spindle calmed down as genuine interest bit back every other emotion.

"Somehow, you have gotten me interested." He did his best to force his frame to better see Fate. "What exactly..."

She had a rifle, and was looking at Palma.

"...What."

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

At first, engrossed in her work, Gaever took little notice of the fog. As it grew thicker and impossible to miss, her first thought was that it was natural, but eventually she looked around and realized that it had a definite source - Phantom. He must be a Rahkshi of Weather Control, she realized.

She almost told him so when he wondered aloud why, but stopped herself. For some reason it didn't seem like it was her question to answer this time, at least now.

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom's mind was racing frantically--as much as he hated to admit it, his usual methods weren't working here. He needed to try something new, and fast. As he slipped sideways, taking the incoming blow on his ribs and staggering backwards, the idea came to him all at once, in a single instant. Steadying himself into a defensive position, he called up his power in a way he seldom used in a fight, reaching out toward the seeds in the ruptured fruit behind his enemy, which immediately began to sprout...

IC--Beat--Gym

Thankfully, it was easy to figure out what was coming. That weird flat end could only be for conducting electricity; there was no other possible use it could have. So Beat channeled more white-hot plasma into both the shaft of her axe where her opponent was grabbing it, and his weapon's point of impact, which quickly became the focal point of a new wave of pain. There wasn't much she could do against his power, but if he didn't back off she could Karzing well make him regret it.

IC--Sepulchral--Library

Sepulchral, momentarily unsure whether to continue speaking or not, decided that he might as well expostulate further. Hopefully, it would help keep Canvas from dwelling on her troubles.

"Well, I was not at all certain of where to begin, until I realized that researching groups known for actively opposing the Makuta might yield the best results," he offered.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Diode:

My opponent's casual willingness to destroy others property was annoying, though luckily for me, the pronged ends were more resistant to heat due to the nature of my own abilities producing a fair amount of heat energy, especially at higher levels.

Also good for me was her split concentration, focused as she was between enduring my Numbing and slightly amplified electric shocks, and pouring plasma not only on her body, but through her own weapon as well.

What wasn't good was my hand, which was becoming more painful by the second, as well as no doubt sustaining damage to the metal and underlying tissues.

Hoping the numbing effect had loosened her grip slightly, and still channeling my own power through my weapon, I yanked on the axe, intending to remove it from her hand, and from the fight.

Without damaging it irreparably. Unlike some people.

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom's mind was racing frantically--as much as he hated to admit it, his usual methods weren't working here. He needed to try something new, and fast. As he slipped sideways, taking the incoming blow on his ribs and staggering backwards, the idea came to him all at once, in a single instant. Steadying himself into a defensive position, he called up his power in a way he seldom used in a fight, reaching out toward the seeds in the ruptured fruit behind his enemy, which immediately began to sprout...

IC: Vyper - Gym.

With my opponent having being pushed to the side, and now settling into a defensive stance where he'd wound up, I saw an opportunity to retake the middle ground. I edged to the side, orbiting closer to the centre of the arena.

My opponent was an odd one, I had to admit. What would possess a rahk to allow an entire tree to grow up, around and through their body was quite beyond me, but perhaps it was something I could use against. The plant had to be weighing him down, slowing his speed, and those branches tangled all around him were surely hampering his movement to some extent. What if...? 

I focused my powers, using gravity to try to pull on one of the branches on the arm he wielded the chute blade with. I probably wasn't powerful to rip it tear it out of his body, but given the way it was grown into him, I had a feeling it would still hurt. 

OOC: I feel like I'm writing myself into a corner here, since Palma is Ultron's and he's not around anymore

"What?" Why the sudden change of tone...

"Oh, right." I collapsed the rifle, and returned it to it's hiding place. I looked at Palma again, and decided against the course of action. There was no telling if the devices actually worked as planned, and i wouldn't want to startle her as I did... the rahk who's name I had yet to learn. In spite of my indifference, since he seemed curious, and was becoming part of things anyway, I couldn't help but wonder.

"I've realized I never learned your name." People usually gave their name if you gave yours, right? "I am called 'Fate'."

"I dunno," I huffed, "I'd say we're about even."

That was a lie. Or at least, half a lie. I could easily be bleeding out at the moment, at the rate my heart was pumping juices out of the tear in my skin.

"How 'bout-" Huff "-Another minute, eh? Haha..."

I lumbered closer, keeping my body low and my sticking my shell as forward as I could.

Maybe they were broken? Maybe they weren't supposed to be making the fog. Well, no, the fog felt comforting, like it was a part of them. But this much, when they weren't trying? It just-

Wait, trying? Could they try, and do it right?

"Fog..." They mused again.

Yes, they were going to try. They breathed in the cool, humid air, letting it fill their lungs to the brim. It felt good, like being wrapped in a blanket from the inside. Their eyes closed. It was right, this was right. They let the feeling spread, until it felt they were nothing but a warm mist. The fog ceased to leak, if only for a moment. For in the next moment, the fog burst from their frame, spreading across the ground and into the air. Their eyes opened, and saw nothing but the different shades of gray, shapes hanging lazily in the atmosphere. They opened their eyes to stare at the shape that was Gaever, and smiled. Though she could not see Phantom, she could likely see her eyes; glowing orbs that lit up the mist like spirits in the night.

• Upvote 1