Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Percy:

So much for keeping him talking.

Still fighting off dregs of Poison, Percy parried the attack, redirecting it to his right, hopefully putting that arm in the way of any attack Exxan planned to make with the knife. In the process, he angled his own blade such that it would be drawn across Exxan's body as he repositioned the incoming attack.

He just needed a few more seconds.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

I leaned back, turning at the waist so that my opponent's blade only managed to score a grazing blow across my right side. With my arm reaching across my body, there was no way to comfortably counterattack with Blossom, so I instead threw myself bodily at my foe, accelerating my movements with a quick burst of my base level abilities as I slammed my right shoulder towards his chest. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Gotcha. I brought up my blade to parry the slash - not with Remembrance, but with Blossom. The moment his blade struck mine, a cloud of illusory petals would explode into existence. He might've suspected there was something unusual about the knife, but I doubted he would be prepared for that.  Already off-balance, I was anticipating that the effect would disorient him further, leaving him wide open to the thrust I now delivered with Remembrance towards his chest. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Percy:

The petals did indeed flash into existence, which lost Percy his focus on his feet, ending up in a fall that rather ironically saved him from the poisoned blade which passed just over his head.

He scrambled back to his feet, keenly aware that he'd come very close to losing this fight.

The poison had all but worked it's way out, and with the petals fading, Percy was fairly confident he had a full idea of Exxan's capabilities.

This was getting interesting.

A grin slipped onto his face, "Not bad..."

He dashed in with a thrust of his own, aided by Dodge assisted speed right as he made the strike.

While my opponent had been getting to his feet, I'd backed off a bit, giving myself time and room with which to react and maneuver. As he came at me again, I activated my level 1 abilities, blurring out of his path. The utilisation of his own dodge abilities at the moment of the strike almost caught me, but I was already clear, and as his blade lanced through the space I'd been standing an instant earlier, I slashed out with Remembrance towards his outstretched arm. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Having been on the receiving end of this maneuver once already, this time I was ready for it. Discarding Blossom, I brought up my left hand to catch the incoming sword handle. Of course, the moment the dropped knife struck the floor, another blinding cloud of illusory flower petals exploded into existence. As it did, I snapped out my right leg, aiming a kick towards where I guessed his left knee to be. 

Pain was an old friend of mine. 

It wasn't a welcome sensation, but it was certainly a familiar one. 

My opponent's blade cut sharply across my stomach, adding yet another gash to my growing collection. But, compared to having my forearm shredded by razor glass, or my throat melted with plasma, the pain was tolerable. Still, I was already off-balance, and his blow sent me I stumbling backwards, where I fell over right on the edge of the arena platform. I keep feel one of the pillars pressing up against my back, and heard my dropped sword splash down into the moat behind me. 

"Alright, kid, you've made your point," I started to get to my feet, keeping my eyes fixed on my opponent's position.

"Congratulations," I twisted my expression into a sneer, "You managed to outfight a self-taught novice swordsman. Very impressive." Psychological warfare was half the battle, and words had always been my greatest weapons. I was hoping a few solid blows to his confidence might knock my opponent's self esteem down a few pegs.

"But..." I raised my hands, beginning to draw upon my low-level abilities "...let's see how you manage without your favourite blade." With that, I focused my powers on his sword, attempting to pull it from his grasp. 

"I want to feel like I'm making an effort," I lied, tossing my opponent's sword into the moat alongside my own. "Winning's no fun if I don't give you guys a fighting chance."

IC Percy:

He nodded understandingly.

"Well if that's the case," he stooped and tossed the flower knife off the edge as well. "Then let's do it."

He was less experienced in general hand to hand, but much of it was not entirely different from his own trade, so he lowered into a fairly basic fighting stance, ready for battle once more.

I grinned, discharging a burst of air that sent the sand on the floor whipping up towards his face. I followed it up with a second air blast, this one aimed at his chest. It wasn't particularly powerful; it'd probably just feel like a punch. 

More than anything else, there was one singular tactic that had kept me alive through the many trails I'd endured over the course of my brief life: doing the unexpected. So, as my opponent came up out of his roll and began to swing out at my face, I used my powers to accelerate myself forwards, past his incoming fist, and slammed my shoulder towards his chest. 

My leap ended in a clumsy stumble, as I struggled to make sense of what had just happened. Somehow, without even entering flight mode, my opponent had managed to jump completely over me, even trying to grab me with his arm as he passed. 

Once my feet touched ground again, I dug in my feet and threw my weight forward, before sending a blast of air from my armour in an effort to knock my opponent - who, on account of being behind me, was now precariously close to the arena edge - out of the ring. 

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Kekepua - En route to the Cauldron

The beast's new servant flew in silent stoicism. Or anxious stupor, one of the two. Either way, the magnificent specimen of a rahkshi did not care much whether he spoke or not. Any words not directly relating to her personal gain were trivial vibrations in the wind. Plucking a stone from the bag at her waist and popping it into her mouth, she began to idly chew at it, savoring the sting. Hopefully the rock would last before they landed.

IC: Sim - Refectory

My smile faltered. While I felt the intentions of the group were good, and I'd much rather be aligned with than against them, I hardly felt we'd made any kind of lasting difference yet. Or that we would in the near future, for that matter.

"Right... yes."

I scratched at my nose again, more out of habit than anything.

OOC: Aaah sorry friends, particularly Sil. I forgot about the flames interaction.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Melody - Refectory

She watches him with a bit of concern. "Are y-you okay?"

IC: Canvas - Refectory

"I'm going to need four bowls," Canvas said as she approached the counter where Sliver waited impatiently. Canvas' attention was elsewhere, still watching her friends, and she hardly noticed the Rahkshi behind the counter.

IC: Tube - Infirmary

"There you go!" Tube said as they tried to gently set Diode on a bed, anxious to get out before Palma noticed them again.

Cuutuk - Refectory cuutuk_head.png

Cuutuk walks in, getting the regular goop everyone always gets. He begins walking out, but his Fikou friend chirps at the sight of Melody.

"Shhh! She might be mad at me... Don't make eye contact." He says, awkwardly walking out. His ukulele neck hits the door frame, causing a discordant loud chord to be heard through the refectory. "Oh, karz..." He says, his eyes wide. He looks at Melody, hoping she didn't hear the loud noise.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Kriev - Refectory krieveks_head.png

Krieveks is sitting in the corner of the refectory, three empty treys in front of him. He's quietly thumbing bass notes with his guitar axe. The discordant sound interrupts something he was trying to do, and he grumbles. He hated all of the excess sound down here. The only reason he stayed was for the food. It was easy access. He continues thumping strings.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by Loganto

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

IC: Sliver - Refectory.

"Do you see any bowls in here? We have trays, spoons, and slop. That's it." 

Cuutuk - Refectory cuutuk_head.png

"Wait, who's she talking to?" He asks himself. He slowly walks over, his trey shaking in his hands. He was nervous. He hadn't seen her in weeks. The stupid pirate adventure had not been worth the time. Once he gets to the table, he hovers over the two. He was blushing out of embarrassment mostly. "H-Hey, Melody... Who's th-this?" He asked.

IC: Illusive - Causeway. 

With Icarax having, mercifully, agreed to my plan, I gathered up some provisions, locked my dorm, and set off. Once I reached the foot of the Chirox Causeway, I took to the air, beginning my long journry to Malebranche. 

Kriev - Refectory krieveks_head.png

"Ugh... I'm going to grab another plate and head out..." He quietly self narrates, stretching. He puts his axe at his side, and leaves the gross empty treys on the table. He grabs his napsack, which is full of the gushy romances he loves so much. Uncharacteristic, I know, but it's his little secret. He walks over to Sliver and Canvas. "Another plate, if you can dish it." He gruffly says. He didn't care about whatever was going on here. He just wanted more food.

OOC: I hope you all like REALLY LONG POSTS

If not there's a very quick tl;dr at the end

Prepare for Squish Rahkshi

~

IC: Kororia – Flashback

Kororia was roused from slumber by the soft-spoken voice of Makuta Andrax and the grumbling murmur of Chieftain Xenia, in the other room. She blinked blearily, readjusted herself in her armour with a sleepy wriggle, and quietly crept to her door to press the side of her head against it, and her kraata against that. Her parents sounded upset, their voices hushed. They had been bothered by something for a while now. Kororia wondered what it was.

When she was able to make out words, the first thing she heard was a string of swears from Xenia. She clamped a hand to her multi-jawed mouth to stifle a surprised giggle.

“I know,” Andrax replied softly to whatever point Xenia had been making. “They are very insistent on this… school.”

“Of course they are,” Xenia snapped, and then continued in a quieter tone after a pause. “They’re getting annoyed. First, they wanted the Energized Protodermis. When we said no, then they wanted other things. We keep saying no to them, and they can’t stand that. But they don’t want to fight a war they can avoid, do they? Not with us. No one wants to pick a fight with Woomera. And rightly so! But…”

“But?”

Xenia paused again, and then sighed. She sounded so old, Kororia thought to herself. She sounded old and strange. “Miserix… whatever else he might have been, he believed in a fair fight. Ever since you came back from that club meeting-”

“Convocation,” Andrax offered.

“-Nerd gathering,” Xenia corrected herself, “it sounds like everything’s gone downhill. I know of Teridax. Not just because he seems to have his name on every little list of requests sent our way nowadays. He’s a scummy cheat. He doesn’t play fair. He doesn’t believe in sword against sword, he believes in sword against back. He’ll only lead an army if he’s got someone on hand to take blows for him. If he decides that he wants to wage war with us, he’ll play to win, or he’ll play to do the most damage to us. And he doesn’t like being told no, not even for the little things.”

Andrax made a funny noise, like a soft keening. Xenia said, some of her usual gruff confidence back in her tone, “But, we’ll burn that Makuta when we get to him. For whatever reason, he’s dealt with us denying his inane requests this long. What’s a few more refusals for this Rahkshi school? And even if Kororia needs a place to learn, well… we’ll find a way. That’s what we do.”

Kororia crept back to bed. She’d heard enough. There was a Rahkshi school, which sounded excellent in and of itself, and someone was threatening her parents- someone with no apparent regard for the safety of their own kneecaps- to get Kororia to go. Her parents seemed so upset. Maybe they didn’t want to force her to leave?

There was a good solution to all of this, and it was one where everyone left happy. Her favourite kind of solution.

~

IC: Kororia – Arriving

The little Rahkshi was jolted from her dream from the shudder of the ship dropping anchor. She climbed on deck, hefting her bags along with her and popping open a parasol to block the sun, to see her parents staring at the island before them.

“Hear they serve nothing but gruel,” Xenia grumbled, hands tensing around the wheel as she squinted through her tinted visor. “Is happiness something the Brotherhood’s opposed to, now?”

“I’m sure they offer other options,” Andrax replied quietly, though his tone suggested he wasn’t sold on his own opinion.

“I’ll be finding whoever runs this place and serving them their own-”

“Hello,” said Kororia. Andrax’s hand flew out by some parental instinct the moment he heard her voice to clamp over his wife’s mouth and cut off Xenia’s upcoming swear.

“Hello, little one,” Andrax said, smiling in a way that did not quite reach his eyes. Xenia narrowed her eyes and wrangled Andrax’s taloned fingers away from biting range, lest she be tempted.

“Good timing, kid,” Xenia said. She and Andrax both understood the Rahkshi tongue, as Kororia did the Matoran language. Kororia had to narrow her eyes to look at her, and even then the pale near-white Ga-Matoran was a little painful to look at in the brightness of the sun. “Though you’re up early. Reckon you’re about as blind as I am right now.”

Andrax concentrated, raising his arms, and a smudge of darkness fell across the ship. Xenia, having a defect that left her without any pigment in her armour, had poor eyesight from that same defect. Kororia was just sensitive to light the same way all Rahkshi were. Andrax actually enjoyed sunshine- it made him feel like nothing could go wrong- but he appreciated the needs of his family.

“Thanks,” said Xenia. “Seems like the sunlight won’t be lasting much longer anyway, but I’d like to be able to see for a while longer.”

She glanced to Kororia, looked like she was about to say something, thought better of it, and then turned to start setting a little rowboat in the water for the trip to shore. Andrax knelt, and held Kororia’s little soft body against his black and orange armour, hugging her like he was afraid he’d never hug her again.

“It’s not too late, you know,” he mumbled. “You can come back home. We won’t be upset. I can teach you at home, you can stay with us…”

“It’s okay, Dad,” she said, and he held her even tighter. “I wanna go. I’ll get to make new friends, ones that are Rahkshi, just like me! And I know what you and Mum said about this place, but I think it’ll be okay. It sounds like a lot of fun!”

Andrax, though he did not breathe, shuddered in a hitching sob. “You have to write. You have to write to us, and you have to tell us if you need anything, and the moment, the moment, you want to come back, you just have to say the word, we’ll be right back here to pick you up…”

The rowboat hit the water with a splash.

“Just promise me you’ll stay safe,” he pleaded. “I know you are strong, but please try to avoid fighting. It’s not like home, little one. People fight to hurt, to make someone feel pain, not just to show strength or play with someone.”

“I’ll be okay,” Kororia said again, her voice muffled by his armour.

He hugged her a while longer, while Xenia silently and thoughtfully loaded Kororia’s things into the rowboat, and when he drew back, he handed her a little red box with a handle and a latch.

“I packed you some lunch,” he said. By the weight of it, ‘some’ was an understatement. “And I’ll send you sweets. Whatever you would like.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

She planted a slimy, four-mandible kiss on his cheek. He smiled, even though he was sobbing more now, and she hugged him one more time before following Xenia down a rope onto the rowboat.

“Dad’s not coming?” asked Kororia.

“For one, he’d sink the boat,” Xenia said, sounding more gruff than usual as she fiddled with ropes. “For two, neither me nor him could trust him not to run after you.”

Kororia smiled. It looked oddly sweet, given the face that wore it. Most of the trip over was done in silence, Xenia rowing and refusing any help Kororia offered. That, at least, was normal, unlike the quiet. Kororia instead assisted by holding her parasol over the both of them until the sun finally kissed the horizon.

The boat touched the sand of the beach. Kororia turned to look, and missed the blur of motion that was her mother tackling her out of the little boat and onto the hot sand. The Matoran’s shadow fell over her faceplates to block the last rays of sunlight, calculatedly so, even as she pulled the Rahkshi’s head into a noogie. Kororia squealed with laughter and tried to turn squishy enough to free herself.

“Oh, no you don’t!” Xenia bellowed, instead turning her attack into a barrage of prods and pokes. Kororia flailed before grabbing Xenia and trying to get her in a bear hug, a manoeuvre that resulted in agonising tickles.

“Mum, nooooo!”

“I’m not stopping until you promise you come home safe!”

“I promise!”

“That doesn’t sound convincing!”

“I triple promise!”

Xenia relented after a moment longer. “Good. Don’t you forget that. Else I’m going to know, and I’m going to come back here and drag you right back home and ground you.”

“Okay, okay,” Kororia said in a hissing laugh. She sat up. Xenia headbutted her, hard, but didn’t recoil; she pressed her forehead against Kororia’s, a gesture of kinship on Woomera. Including the headbutt. Even Woomera’s expressions of friendship or not completely hating someone were hardcore.

“I mean it.” She backed off, clearing her throat awkwardly. “I mean. Your father would never stop his crying if you managed to hurt yourself. And I have to live with him. So stay safe, and if you need to, come right home. No ifs or buts about it.”

Kororia hugged her. Xenia was no good at showing affection, so she awkwardly patted her back and didn’t jerk back from the kraata slobber that Kororia smooched onto her mask. It was a very practiced reaction, especially with the feeling of creeping infection tickling at her Kanohi and Andrax’s surprised and flustered presence seeping into the corners of her mind.

Kororia noticed the pitted, rusty tint spreading over Xenia’s cheek. “I’m sorry, I forgot about that…”

Xenia gave her a smile. A genuine smile, not the grin from adrenaline and bloodlust, not the leer to strike fear in the heart of an enemy, but a warm turn of the corners of the mouth. Xenia rarely smiled like that. It looked strange on her face, normally set in some degree of grump. It was gone a few moments later, but the image stuck in Kororia’s mind, even as Xenia unloaded her belongings.

“Don’t worry about it,” she said in that too-gruff tone. “I’ll have your Dad fix it when I get back. No harm done.”

Kororia put on her backpack, and picked up her luggage and lunchbox. Xenia looked over her critically, the infection creeping around one of her mask’s eyeholes.

“Where does a Woomeran aim?”

“Anywhere we can reach.”

“What if an opponent is too tall?”

“Then you climb ‘em!”

Xenia noogied her again, gentler this time. “Atta girl. Do your best here. Even if your best is going home tomorrow, or staying until you graduate or whatever you do in these places. Show them what a Rahkshi from Woomera is made of.”

“I won’t let you down,” Kororia promised. “I’m gonna make friends with everyone, and we’re going to have a great time!”

“Of course you are,” Xenia said, a little tiredly. “You’re so much like Andrax. A huge nerd with a big heart. Knock them dead, kid. Figuratively or literally.”

Xenia kicked the rowboat back into the water, and waved goodbye before rowing for the ship. Kororia stood and waved until the rowboat reached the ship they sailed in on, and waved even then until the ship disappeared over the horizon. Then, she took a deep breath, and turned to the sheer cliffs behind her.

She got into flight mode with a bit of unsteadiness- she hadn’t quite lost her sea legs yet- and put her luggage and lunchbox in her lap. Then, she flew up, around, and landed in front of the big, castle-like structure that was Corpus Academy.

~

OOC: If you managed to survive that novella of a post, Kororia is open for interaction!

If not, the tl;dr is Kororia found out her parents are getting pressured by some nerd to send her to an all-Rahkshi school, and she’s all about making new friends so she decides to go. Her parents dropped her off and now she’s at the front gates with her luggage and her lunchbox. Her Makuta dad is also probably a sobbing mess right now.

• Upvote 5

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.