Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Melody - Refectory

"We should practice our song again!"

IC: Canvas - Refectory

She pushed aside her bowl with a grimace and stood with Dormirahk. "You know what? Let them have their fun. They know I'm alright."

IC: Tear - Hallways

The beginnings of a smile crept across her faceplates. "Where do you want to start?"

IC Kat:

Sleep would not last for the de facto leader of the group, as she found visions tormented her. Vivid dreams her mind chased the worst thoughts and memories.

She awoke with a start, and a fearful yelp.

GM IC Rebellion:

Those foraging would find a few bushes with berries on them. Those who'd stayed behind and were still perceptive enough to catch it might hear a rustling in the trees, and then a faint wind blowing through.

"O-oh," she glanced over to Canvas with an expectant grin.

IC: Canvas - Refectory

Canvas just waved her off. "Knock yourself out. We've got something to do."

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

Fang shivered and ignited another ball of plasma, also taking the opportunity to search out the nearby shadows suspiciously. He was just leaning in to take a closer look when Kat cried out, startling him.

"Mata Nui..." he muttered to himself as he walked back to her side. "Did you get some rest?"

IC: Kororia - Tour Group

"Isn't there a big library here? A really big one, with lots of books?" She bounced on her heels, grinning. "I like books!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

She looked back at him and nodded quickly. "Mhm."

IC: Canvas - Hallways

Canvas glanced back over her shoulder at the happy couple with disgust. "They have no idea... people could be dying right now... and we still have no idea who's doing it. Did you have any ideas?"

"S-sure..." Tear smiled before quickly glancing around herself to figure out where to go. "I... I th-think it's... this way..." She points and starts off in a direction.

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

"Not yet," he replied gruffly. "They haven't been gone long, so no need to worry."

IC: Kororia - Friend Tour

Kororia bounced after her guide happily, making sure Hammer Friend was following with a glance over her shoulder. To her guide, she asked, "How long have you been at this school? Is it nice?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Dormirahk

Dormirahk stroked their chin. "Well, honestly, I don't think we have any leads. This case is too cold at the moment..." Dormirahk's eyes widened suddenly, and they turned to Canvas. "Let's go to the library. I have an idea."

IC: Rōzu

"Where did you see him last?" Rōzu looked worriedly at Rider, before moving her gaze around the library, trying to spot a small grey crab.

Edited by Fat Free Strawberry Onken

She gave his hand a squeeze and pulled him along toward the doors. "Where have you been all this time?"

IC: Canvas - Hallways

Canvas followed with a raised eyebrow. "Alright..."

"N-not long... j-just a few days..." Tear replied quietly. She didn't say much about her experience, though her dull, down tone said more about it than words could.

IC: Dormirahk

Dormirahk entered the library, looking around for materials. They took a small pile of paper, as well as writing utensils, before turning to their companion. "I think we're going to have to find somewhere a little more private."

IC: Rōzu
"I..." Rōzu looked around, before finally noticing the small crab up on a shelf. "There! Is that your crab friend?" She asked Rider, pointing to the crab.

IC: Kororia - Unable to Register True Meaning of Dull, Down Tone

"A few days? You must be a newbie like us! Yay!" This Rahkshi sounded sad. Kororia's eyes lighted up with understanding as she realised why. "Are you homesick? You sound sad. I thought it sounded really scary to be away from home, too! But with so many nice people here, I'm sure it's all going to be okay!"

IC: Rider - Library

I looked up at where Rozu was pointing, and my eyes lit up as I spotted Claws.

"Claws! Come on, get down from there!" I called up to him.

The Ussal looked down at me and reluctantly scrambled down to the ground. I picked him up, rubbing the back of his head.

"Thank you!" I said to Rozu, smiling.

IC: Canvas - Library

Still unsure of what exactly he was planning, she just shrugged and told him to, "Lead the way."

IC: Melody - Hallways

She laughed softly again and pulled him into a hug. "Don't worry about it!"

She tried to admit yes, she was homesick, but the words got stuck in her throat and she could only nod tearfully.

IC: Exxan/Xara - Gym. 

After having gotten my latest array of wounds patched up by Palma, and having stopped by the refectory for a quick snack, I returned to the gym to wait for the next round to begin. To my surprise, though, I found someone waiting for me. Someone I'd been very sure I'd never see again. 

"Long time no see, nerd." 

"Xara? What the karz are you doing here? I thought..." I lowered my voice, making sure there was no one near enough to hear, before continuing, "...I thought you left with..." I decided not to say anything more, on the off chance that one of the nearby rahks was of the sonics variation, and listening in despite my precautions. 

"I got separated from the others," Xara shrugged, "Decided to come back here. But what about you, huh? You're supposed to be dead, so I expected to see you back here... well, never."

"I guess we all have a hard time letting go of this place."

"For what it's worth, I'm glad you're not dead. Try to stay that way. I might need that brain of yours for something, later." 

"Right... thanks." Rolling my eyes, I started back towards the part of the gym where the tournament was being held. On the one hand, it was comforting to know I still had at least one ally left in the school, and one of Corpus' most fearsome fighters at that, but at the same time, I couldn't help but worry about how the other escapees were faring without one of their heaviest hitters. 

In the end, though, I knew there was no point riling myself up over it. There was nothing I could do to help them from here. 

Edited by Nato The Traveler

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Kororia - Friend Tour

"Do you want a hug?" Kororia offered helpfully. "You seem really sad. Hugs make me feel better when I'm sad!"

IC: Melody - Causeway

With a small giggle, she pulled him along again, quickly hopping into flight mode after she pushed open the doors ahead of them.

Tear flinched back at the mention of it, wrapping her arms around herself. After a moment, she shook her head. "N-no thanks..."

IC: Melody - Causeway

After a few checks to make sure Cuutuk was still behind her, Melody slowed her flight and weaved across the Causeway for him. Even then, the short flight wasn't lengthened much.

IC: Tube - Hallways

"Well, Master Checkers of course!" Tube says cheerfully as they approach the Infirmary.

IC: Illusive - Malebranche. 

It's strange, how something as simple as a change of scenery can alter one's perspective on... well, everything. 

The last time I'd visited the capital city of Nynrah, I'd been a very different rahk. I'd had family, stability, purpose. I'd proven my worth independently, and as part of a team. I'd even been naive enough to believe that my achievements had actually been worth something. 

I knew better now. 

There was no worth in teamwork, or friendship, or belonging. I'd accomplished more on my own - nameless, anonymous, forgotten - than Silencer and I had ever managed when we'd been together. Now that he was gone, that I was free of his shadow, no longer a part of the collective we've been lumped into, I saw so much more, understood so much more. And I'd gained the most influential ability of all - the power to be constantly underestimated. 

And away from Corpus Rahkshi, in the real world, that power was my most potent weapon. 

The population of Malebranche - from the Nynrah natives, to the Matoran settlers, to the various other species who came and went in this bustling trade hub - all operated on one very ignorant assumption about us rahks: they thought we were little more than mindless, obedient beasts. They gave little heed to what they said and did around my kind, and exploiting that trait had allowed me to very swiftly isolate the information I'd been seeking.

Now armed with the knowledge that Icarax sought - that rahkshi matching the description of his missing students had been involved with an incident at a local smithy - I stopped to consider my options. I was, no doubt, expected to return to the school immediately, but a part of me wished to linger in Malebranche for a time. After all, I was the only student in the entirety of Corpus Rahkshi who'd been given permission to travel, alone and unsupervised, to the capital city of Nynrah. 

I would've been a fool not to make the most of such a... lucrative opportunity. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kororia - Hug Central

"That's okay." She noted the Rahkshi's arms wrapping around herself, and thought it a very novel idea. "Oh, I get it! You hug yourself! That's so smart! That way you can get hugs even if no one else is around!"

She hugged herself, too, feeling very warm and comforted. She was very good at hugs, even when hugging herself.

"Um... sure..." she said hesitantly, not entirely sure what this Rahk meant. Anyway, she could distract herself by looking at the upcoming Library doors. "Here we are."

IC: Tube - Infirmary

"You know, he was big and scary, with black and red paint. He was a smart and very evil Master, and I liked helping him!" Tube illustrated their description with grand motions with their free hand as they set their charge down on a bed.

IC: Sliver - Infirmary. 

Having taken the longest, most circumnavigatory detour possible, I finally entered the wailing cesspool of rejection, agony, and misery, that was Corpus Rahkshi's infirmary.

I didn't like many of the people at Corpus Rahkshi. I also didn't like many of the places within the school. But I held a special place of hatred in my heart for the infirmary and its denizens. While I recognised that not every fight could be won, that injuries were ultimately unavoidable, there seemed to be an entire population of students within the school who, instead of simply getting their wounds tended to and resuming their usual activities, resided almost exclusively in this room.

Instead of being a place of healing, the infirmary had become a nesting place for the crippled, infirm, and unwanted. Rahkshi who had no worth, who were without purpose, who were nothing but wastes of life-giving antidermis and valuable armour.  

And I was expected to supervise these wretches? Karz, why can't this stupid punishment be over already?

IC: Vyper - Hallways. 

As with most things in my life, it seemed, hunting was proving more difficult than I'd initially anticipated. Very few rahks lingered alone anymore, and those that did tended to stick close to well-populated regions of the school.

Refining my skills as an assassin was going to be significantly harder than I'd first thought. 

I guess I'll have to be a little more creative. 

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Library.

Ugh, can we go now? This is boring!

Nope. It was your idea to come here, remember.

That was before I remembered how boring reading is.

Too bad. I want to finish this book. 

You're only on page 10.

Exactly. 

"You know, he was big and scary, with black and red paint. He was a smart and very evil Master, and I liked helping him!" Tube illustrated their description with grand motions with their free hand as they set their charge down on a bed.

IC: Glass

Big and red and evil and-

His Makuta?!

"Did Checkers happen to have shadow powers? And, like, forty plus other powers?"

IC: Paladin - Awake

Every nerve in my head ached.

Bright white light leaked into the small slit that had opened up my eyelids.

I groaned, dry as well as still very much wet blood soaked my body.

Under the ringing, I could hear slight chatter...

The tournament.

I had lost.

My eyes snapped open, and I tried to move, but I was being carried by someone.

"Let me down, this instant!" I yelled, with only a little bit of energy behind it.

IC: Shield - Berries

The berries tasted just fine, if a little bit bitter.

"Alright, pick quite a few of those, they seem safe to eat." I said to the others, myself grabbing a handful.

"In fact, Snake, keep an eye out for rahi or worse." I said, correcting my previous order.

IC: Kororia - Library Doors

"Those are really big doors," Kororia commented eagerly. "Does that mean it's a really big library? With lots of books?!"

OOC: I'm not sure if the doors are open or closed, but I'm assuming closed to stop noise from the hallways getting in. And also to give a more grand reveal of the library.

OOC: Just for you Zippy, they can be.

IC: Tear - Library

Tear couldn't help but smile a little. This Rahk's enthusiasm was infectious. "Yes," she replied quietly while she slowly pushed open the door.

Tube seemed to think deeply for a moment. "Well, he had shadows, but otherwise he was..."

That was when their patient suddenly started yelling and jerking around. Tube happily obliged with their request, releasing them to fall the short distance onto an Infirmary bed. "Oh! You're awake! Get better soon!"

IC: Gaever / Ruins on the Water

At Phantom's cry, Gaever paused her own collection and quickly made her way to where the other Rahkshi was. "What?" she asked, concerned, as she approached, before the sight of the corpse hit her. "...Oh." It was some hapless Rahkshi, another casualty of that senseless raid... She hadn't realized that Rahkshi, too, had died that night. Just another sorrow in the wake of the Makuta... For a moment she stood silent, unsure of response.

Then: "They should be buried," she said softly.

IC: Jayar / Berry Bushes of Kaam

It might have made more sense for Jayar to test the berries, given he would likely recover more quickly if they were bad, but Shield had beaten him to it so he wouldn't argue. He joined in gathering the berries, careful to remain vigilant for indicators of other life. If something, or someone, approached, he would not be caught off guard.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

It would probably be a good time to kick off the final round of the tournament, except that Glass was yet to return. Hopefully he wouldn't be too much longer.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

"Buried?" Phantom knew the word, though she wasn't sure how. Her question was to "why" and not "what". But when she turned to see Gaever's face, the need for an answer left. Even if she didn't know why, this was important to her.

IC: Slif - Library

I just... lumbered along behind them.

Edited by Coconut Fella