Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Grim:

As if on cue, a chair melded up from the floor a short way in front of the pair. "This room responds to mental commands, as you can see there. If you'd excuse me for a moment, I must take these to my acquaintance."

IC Johmak:

"As safe as can be made. An old Hunter base. Abandoned since the fifth year of the war. No one is being looking here for anything."

IC Diode:

As the two Rahkshi made their way to the Gym, Diode noticed a rather profound lack of other movements in the halls. "Seems everyone else is already there."

IC: Revenge and Danger-Causeway

Two figures glided across the ocean, headed towards Corpus Rahkshi. Revenge was deep in thought. He had left the school at a critical time, and he was hoping to reconnect with friends and tie up a few loose ends.

"Are we there yet!" His companion shouted.

Revenge glanced over his shoulder. "We are almost there, and your flight pattern is a little wobbly."

"Sorry..." Danger said meekly. "I'm still new at this.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Kororia - Library

"Kill us?" Kororia looked surprised. "But why? Oh, do you mean the homework's really tough?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Xara - Hallways.

Although I was, admittedly, more than a little curious about the upcoming assignment, friendship came first, so I set off to wait outside our dorms for Glass to return from the infirmary. 

IC: Vyper - Gym.

Sister.

Assignment.

Sister?

Assignment?

Sister... I started to follow her, curiosity threatening to overwhelm me, but I forced myself to stop, pushed down the turbulent emotions. She wasn't important. She's wasn't some benchmark I had to compare myself to. She was nothing. No one.  

I was my own karzing rahk.

So... assignment it is. 

IC: Illusive - Gym.

I arrived in the gym, hanging back at the edge of the crowd. It felt like forever since I'd had the opportunity to enjoy an assignment, since I'd enjoyed aything at all, really.

Perhaps it was time to change that. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Revenge and Danger-school

The two brothers lighted down at the door too the school. "This is it?" Danger asked, "it isn't much."

"Yea," Revenge replied. "This is going too be your home from now till... who knows when."

They stood there a moment, staring silently at the door. 

"Are we going inside?" Danger said, breaking the silence. "I'm hungry."

"Yes," Revenge replied.  He pushed open the doors and stepped inside.

OOC: Revenge and Danger are open to interaction somewhere  in the hallways.

IC: Revenge and Danger-Hallways

As they walked down the hallways Revenge noticed a familiar looking Rahkshi, but he couldn't quite place it. It made him a little uneasy. Against his better judgement he approached them. "Excuse me," he said, "do I know you?"

IC: Booger-Gym

Heading the call to come to the assignment Booger walked into the Gym and slumped down against the wall. He looked sad. His head hung down, his snot was more runny than usual, and he hugged his club to his chest, letting out an audible sigh.

OOC: Revenge is talking to Xara. Booger is open for interaction.

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

"What about... my father?"

Since she had first heard they were going to the Northern Continent, the possibility of meeting Krika again had been weighing on her mind. The thought wasn't entirely unpleasant. Keeping her alive was one of the kindest things she had experienced, and maybe... to see him now... no, she couldn't risk it. Could she?

IC: Tube - Hallways

They stuck close to Glass' side as Aerahk led everyone to the Infirmary.

IC: Garrotte - Hallways

"It would seem so. Perhaps we will be punished for being fashionably late."

IC: Tear - Library

She shook her head briskly. "Th-th-the last one... assassins were h-hiding in the r-room..."

--IC: The Clique (Luffy, Kri, Pyle, Oshi, Exigent): In the Gym--

Having heard the announcement from the Porters that the students of Corpus Rahkshi were to gather in the Gym, the five siblings Luffy, Kri, Pyle, Oshi, and Exigent had collectively decided that they'd be counted among those in attendance.  They now stood amid the growing crowd of students, waiting for Icarax to give them further instructions.  Luffy was sitting against the wall, next to a phlegmy green fellow; Kri was standing a short distance away, dragging the blade of her Butterfly Knife across her forearm; Pyle was hunched up behind a group of larger students; Oshi was huddled up in the corner, glancing furtively at eveybody who passed by; and Exigent was doing his best at keeping his distance from the phlegmy green fellow.

--OOC:--

I'm back, baby.  And I'm coloring my children's names.

All are Open For Interaction.  (That's Booger Luffy's sitting next to, by the way.)

IC: Exxan/Sliver - Infirmary. 

Of all the locations in Corpus Rahkshi, there was one that stood out among the rest. A disparate room, crammed awkwardly into an empty section of the school, half-forgotten by most of the staff. There wasn't a rahk in the school who hadn't had to visit it at least once. 

The infirmary. Never thought I'd be back here again...

Returning to this room, reviving a piece of my past I'd thought I'd left behind, brought back a lot of memories - I'd come here broken and burned, slashed and stabbed, lashed and lacerated. Every wound had left its scar, each one representing an obstacle overcome, an enemy defeated, a bitter regret forever unforgotten. After all this time, I'd thought-

"You're dead." 

Oh, for karz's sake.

"You died. Why... how... you're not supposed to be here!"

"Well, I am." I turned to Sliver, forcing myself to give her a friendly smile, "Don't look so disappointed." 

In truth, she didn't look disappointed. she looked angry. Like she wanted to hack me apart where I stood. There was a malevolent fury smouldering in her eyes that went far beyond the hate she usually directed at me. I got the distinct impression that she was in the middle of having a very bad day, and my arrival had just made her misfortune all the worse. 

"I'm not... I..." she broke off into an incoherent babble of angry mutterings. 

"Nice to see you, sis," I chirped, quickly pushing past her to find a seat. She stared at me for a few moments, fists clenched by her sides, before finally storming out of the infirmary. Well... that could've been worse... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rōzu - Causeway

Rōzu breathed a sigh of relief. "I don't know, but maybe we should head back for now. Hunting can wait."

IC: Aerahk - Infirmary

"Well now..." Aerahk looked at Sliver walk away, an eyebrow raised. "Anyway, this here is the infirmary, as I'm sure you've deduced by now. Report yourselves to Palma and she'll help you with any major and minor injuries you may have sustained in the course of your battle."

--IC: Luffy: In the Gym--

Luffy looked over at the drippy guy, who had just scooted away a little.  He waved cheerfully, as if to say that there was nothing to fear from him.  "Hello, friend!" he said.

--OOC:--

Sup, Smudge.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"No one hates you quite as passionately as family does," I whispered back, "That was my sister."

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

Thurisaz descended triumphantly down from his seat as the crowd dispersed from his tournament. That, he decided, had been a success. Now his name would be known throughout the halls, and he had made good with a number of impressive Rahkshi.

Here was one such hero now, in fact. "Ah, Paladin!" the princely Turahk greeted the knight. "Good to see you back in fighting shape." He focused attention on the assignment gathering in the other part of the Gym for a moment. "I was just headed to this assignment: never too soon for a new adventure. Were you going to participate as well?" His bright gaze had alighted again on Paladin.

IC: Vlad / Hallways

Vlad followed along, if somewhat sullenly. He was no big fan of assignments, but it was worth checking out... and he wasn't about to let these two, or other relative innocents, get themselves killed. "It's not likely. Zer most important think ist probably attendance... somehow, zey von't start if people are still on zer vay." He wasn't entirely sure how this was. Someone in charge must want everyone to have a chance to participate.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Paladin - Gym

Ah, a new assignment!

But first, I needed to swear myself this lord, if at all possible. A Knight is no more than a mere mercenary without a master.

I sunk my sword into the ground and kneeled.

"Sir Paladin, my lord, the First."

I stood up, however my sword remained in the ground.

"I assumed you were of some nobility, considering your arrangement of the melee and your appearance."

IC: Crate - Halls

Assignment?

Odd.

It has been quite long since our last curricular "lesson", after Tridax got "fired", I suppose.

I decide to make my way over to the gym to participate.

Curious.

IC: Rider - Causeway

"Yeah, let's get out of here." I felt somewhat rejuvanated and fresh, oddly enough.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"I'm flattered, Sir Paladin." The highborn Turahk's smile flashed noble humility. "But, you are hardly incorrect. My... family... has often claimed special status." Now it was a wry smirk, as if that were some weak joke. "Personally I've forged a more refined noblesse. Your acknowledgement is gratifying, worthy Knight."

IC: Exxan - Infirmary (OOC: ftfy)

"No one hates you quite as passionately as family does," I whispered back, "That was my sister."

IC: Glass - Infirmary

"Your... Sister? Ah, I see," Glass realised. It made sense that Rahks related to one another by way of their parent Makuta would be more competitive when it came to their 'siblings' for their parent's attention, moreso than even the standard competitiveness that the Academy's penchant for fostering conflict and rivalry engendered. Glass wondered who his siblings, and Makuta, were.

With our luck you two are probably my siblings stuck in my body.

That hurts.

color=#696969] "Anyway, this here is the infirmary, as I'm sure you've deduced by now. Report yourselves to Palma and she'll help you with any major and minor injuries you may have sustained in the course of your battle."[/color]

"Thanks Aerahk! I think we know the way-"

"Ah, Exxan, back again so soon, I see. And Glass, haven't seen you in a while."

Both Rahks turned to see Palma in uniform, getting her examination tools ready.

"There's already been a steady stream of students today, but I suppose being the last pair today I can send some time aside for you two."

She looked up from her tools.

"You are the last pair, right?"

---

Fortunately for the pair their injuries were easily healed with several exceptions. Glass had a definite concussion and it would take a day or so for the effects to wear off. In addition, the strain of using his newfound powers to such an extent for several minutes on end warranted more rest and a mandated rehydration regime. Glass received a note to excuse him for the next day's lessons, but with all the things happening the last thing he wanted was to spend time staring at the walls.

Mmmm rest.

Really? After all this and you want to rest?

I need to rest my head.

My head, you mean.

Treatment proscribed, Glass hopped off the chair and turned to Exxan.

"You'll be fine, right? I need to take care of, err, personal... stuff."

Edited by NorikSigma

IC: Lucid / Library

Lucid was pretty much staring off into space contemplating the mystery of oatmeal cookies. (Like... who enjoys them?) So Helkyrie's mundane musings about fishing poll literature went, inadvertently, ignored.

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

"Attachments are not strictly necessary," Gaever explained, "but they would add the functionality to the staff. For example, you could attach a pointed tip to make a spear, which would be more effective in combat. Or you could attach an axe, for woodcutting. Any such tool could be created by an appropriate attachment."

As they walked down the hallways Revenge noticed a familiar looking Rahkshi, but he couldn't quite place it. It made him a little uneasy. Against his better judgement he approached them. "Excuse me," he said, "do I know you?"

"Oh, uh..." I grimaced, "...I think we... sparred... in the gym once." 

If he didn't remember the specifics, I certainly wasn't to bring those up again. Some traumas were better left forgotten. That... and I wasn't in any hurry to relive those memories myself. Karz, I was awful before I left. 

IC: Glass - Infirmary

Treatment proscribed, Glass hopped off the chair and turned to Exxan. "You'll be fine, right? I need to take care of, err, personal... stuff."

IC: Exxan - Infirmary.

"I've survived worse than being left alone in the infirmary," I assured him, "See you around." 

IC: Glass

"You too." It was fun while it lasted.

Glass made his way to the dorm wing, head still buzzing from his victory, and a little from the concussion. He wondered if there was a prize for winning. He made sure to ask Thurisaz that the next time he saw him.

Glass rounded a corner to his hallway and spotted Xara, looking a little uncomfortable talking to another Rahk.

"Hey, Xara, and... your new friend?"

Edited by NorikSigma

IC: Helkyrie - Library

Helkyrie sighed. Looking away from Lucid as some porters rolled by, announcing the event in the gym, she then turned back to her... Friend? Associate? Either way, with how seemingly disinterested she was, Helkyrie decided perhaps... "Hey, there's a thing about to happen in the gym. Maybe we could save fishing for later? I'm going to head off to the gym either way to check it out." Helkyrie backed away a few steps before turning around and leaving.

IC: Rōzu - Hallway

As she and Rider walked the hallways, some porters passed by, relaying information about an event in the gym. Rōzu, unsure what this event might be, turned to Rider with an inquisitive eyebrow raised. "What's that all about?"

IC: Uunrak - Gym

I sat there, on the chair Grim had conjured up, wondering what this 'assignment' might entail. Would it be a tournament? Or perhaps some kind of a hunting expedition to find some lost artifact that would benefit the brotherhood? Or maybe a raid on a village... I was pretty sure I'd seen the ruins of a village on my way to the school, in fact, it had practically been right on their doorstep. As it was, I was simply unsure what Icarax was planning...

As for waiting for this assignment to start, I did have something I wanted to try out which I could pass the time with. Seeing Grim conjure up that chair had gotten me thinking; what kind of structures could this gym structure create?

IC: Orloc - Library

"H-Hel... Helkyre... Helkyrie? It's uncertain, what-" Orloc had noticed Helkyrie walking past, but hadn't spoken up loudly enough to catch her attention. As they looked at her leaving, Orloc looked at where they'd come from, and saw a rahkshi wearing strange, psychedelic colours and patterns on her armour. Orloc cautiously approached her. "Cloud, light and rainbow. A fog of white permeated by hues of the world. An expression of connectivity... or perhaps of being unconnected... untethered from the world itself, free to express everything that is not it?"

"Yes.  Friend!" Luffy said, slightly confused himself.  "Y-you're my friend, right?  We can be friends?"

Helkyrie's sudden departure shook Lucid from her reverie. "Have fun," she told her friend dreamily.

Then, just as quickly, another Rahkshi arrived - clearly one of some wisdom. "Indeed, perceptive one," she replied. "For what the world is, it seems not; and what it can be asked, it often denies; so the lighting of the absurd reveals more as yet unknown than can wandering in the dimly lit mundane. The flowers of truth share this much."

Orloc nodded. "Then you have heard it? Felt it as it's passed over our sphere? The hymns of unreality permeating our souls as the great tower of life looms yet falters, lying below and above and all around?" Orloc stroked their chin. "It's troubling... to wake to a world with knowledge of what was and an inkling of what will be, yet also be bound to a chain of that which is current. Have you ever wondered what the flowers dream when their whispers turn silent?"

"Silence is not cessation, for some silences speak louder than shouting," Lucid remarked. "Like a stillness just before a storm, or the quiet aura of a graveyard. Things all the living know, or will know, all too well. In this way, life is indeed music. And music is equal of all time, not outside it: the past and future are just the present at different times."

Excellent!

My educated guess was correct.

"Well, in that case, I had something I wished to request."

I dropped my sword and sank back to my knees.

"I wish to swear fealty to you as a knight. I am currently without a master and you seem more than fit to serve."

IC: Rider - On the way back

Oh yeah, assignments!

"We used to have these a while back, but I never did take part in one. Maybe we should?"

"Yes," said Revenge as the memory of that particular fight came back. "I remember that." He looked at Xara coldly, but before he could do anything else Danger interjected.

"Well it's nice to meet you two," he said, looking at Xara and Glass. "I'm Danger!" He extended a hand out to Xara and accidentally activated his wrist blade.

IC: Booger-Gym

"I guess..." His goop began to get more runny and he started sniffing. "I've never had a friend before."

"Thank you, my lord Thurisaz."

I felt a large sense of pride, and resisted the urge to smile.

I had accomplished my goal of finding a noble lord to fall under.

My sword almost seemed to gleam at me as I held it in front of me with both hands. I sheathed it, before standing up.

"It would be my honour to protect you during this assignment, then."

IC: Aerahk - Infirmary

"Well if you guys are fine from here then I suppose my job is done. I will return to Thurisaz." With that, Aerahk turned around and left the Infirmary.

"And yet the present is never as uncertain as the might be-s of the futures untold, nor the forgotten were-s of the past unfurled. But you're right, silence can speak louder than a shout, but then a shout can often drown out the words it carries, just as silence can make its own unspoken words heard all the more clearly." Orloc pondered. "Have you ever... seen the uncrowned king?"

"What?" Luffy asked in childlike disbelief.  "You've never had a friend before?  Never ever?  That's terrible!  Why not?  Why haven't you had a friend before?"

"What?  Why?  Is it because of your drippies?  Did people make fun of you because of your drippies?"

"Karz!" I jumped back away from the incoming blade, sparks of electricity flaring into life in one hand, while the other reached instinctively for one of my swords. "I suggest you put that away right now... before you force me to defend myself."