Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

--IC: Milk: In the Courtyard--

Milk yawned again.  "I... don't know.  I've never really had friends before..."

She trailed off, scratching her chin idly.  Then her eyes lit up as she got an idea.  "We could snuggle.  I'm great at snuggling,"

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Thurisaz / Gym Maze

The cerise assailant nimbly twirled away from the path of the swinging club and out from Luffy's strike, dancing into position beside Booger opposite Luffy, sweeping his trident down toward the back of his bludgeon - near the hilt - with a hurricane's devastating grace, disarming force. "Your teammates are in bad form!" he proclaimed, "they're both abandoning you!" He surged sideways with aim to slam strongly into Booger with a sturdy shoulder.

Aerahk, still on the rooftop above, had also noted Sim's retreat. With trained stealth, he slipped away from his position covering Thurisaz - the lordly Turahk was in capable claws, not least his own, he judged - and crept along the rooftops stealthily following Sim. When his opponent grappled into a building, he stole lightly into a position hidden just behind the door to the roof, listening carefully for any movements of his adversary below and preparing a dagger to meet them accordingly.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Diode: 

She kept after his foe, mind working to figure out who it could be. since they hadn't disappeared when team nine was defeated, it made sense they were another team. The thought struck him that this Rahkshi might be leading her right into a trap, and he stopped short, letting the other go as she attempted to catch her breath from the sprint.

IC Zas'ma:

"I'll take the short, round one," she whispered.

GM IC Johmak:

And then, she was gone. And Hoto was alone with her thoughts, and a place to start a new home for herself and her friends, when, and indeed, if, they returned.

IC Twins:

Aza begrudgingly followed the others inside, woefully unaware of her surroundings, and not particularly caring about the 'bis-cuts' or whatever they were.

Ezec, on the other hand, was quite curious, and slithered down Kororia's shoulder to peek in the bag to see what all the fuss about these items was.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Vlad / Gym Maze

Vlad wavered for a moment.

He worried that if he tried to help he would break down, lose control and loose his powers on the trapped Garrotte. He could do it... he could even knock her unconscious, and bring her back to the others saying he found her that way...

Ah! Why had that even occurred to him!?

He shook his head, as if to disturb dark birds of prey perched upon it, and knelt beside Garrotte. Holding his axe in two hands, one close to the blade for control, he began to chip away at the crystal around her trapped hand, intending to free it first.

IC:  Morpheme | Chirox Causeway 

[Pillars jutting, teeth  

Mighty maw guides intellect  

Father would be proud] 

The Rahkshi of confusion looked up from her paper, satisfied with the resulting haiku.  With a quick motion, she affixed her pen to its designated place of honor:  The clip near the back of her faceplate.  She sat contentedly atop one of the hexagonal columns, gazing with wonder at what lay mere bio ahead.  Below sprawled the academy of legends, Corpus Rahkshi.  Below sprawled a second chance at life.  

Hurry, said her muse, the little voice in her head (which, in actuality, was her own thoughts manifesting themselves through the joyous emotion felt).  You don't want to be late, do you, Morpheme?  

Morpheme allowed herself one more moment of survey.  This was it, the final minute of being an outcast.  She sighed, giddy.  Then she lovingly folded the paper lengthwise and placed it in the satchel at her hip with the rest of her poems.  

"Corpus Rahkshi, here I come," said the confusion Rahk to herself.  And with that, she arose, leapt from the column, and took off toward the school's entrance.  

RPG profiles  

Corpus Rahkshi:  {Morpheme}

~

Fall is here, hear the yell;  

Back to school, ring the bell;  

Brand new shoes, walking blues;  

Climb the fence, books and pens.  

I can tell that we are gonna be friends!  

I can tell that we are gonna be friends~!  

~

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

"We have no contention with the Toa here," Fang spat, quickly growing tired of the Hand's attitude toward them. "And we certainly have never see those before. And they took our friends, so if you're done with your posturing we'd like to get back there."

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

Hoto remained still as a statue to listen to every last echo of Johmak's steps back to the airship. Then, there was nothing, a silence broken only by the sounds of life in the forest. With soft, shuddering breaths, she sat down in a corner of the room to wait.

Father, are you there?

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

Tear alighted atop the indicated tower and looked down just long enough to ensure Door was taking the hollow suit inside. Then, he turned his attention upwards and outwards to await their guests. Someone had to be out there.

IC: Canvas - Gym

The trio arrived at the Gym, only to be faced with a sheer wall. In the narrow space between the inner and outer walls, a few Rahkshi were picking themselves up. "What's going on here?"

IC: Garrotte - Gym Maze (Team 2)

Unaware of Vlad's treacherous thoughts, Garrotte watched him chip away at her own slime with blank eyes. She really should devise a way to get out faster next time.

"Be careful," she muttered, shifting with her spare hand to give him a better angle, "That's my favorite hand."

IC: Reda - Gym Maze (Team 8)

"You're lucky they didn't find you first. What are you doing this far out?" Reda said in a harsh whisper.

OOC: Canvas interacting with Team 9

GM​ ​IC Hand:  

"It -isn't- posturing. Toa are dangerous, and we've been running with those ones in particular far too often of late.  I'd hoped to disappear for a while to let them move on, and until you all showed up, it was almost working."

Reach sighed,  "Look, I don't mean to be rude, but you've really thrown a wrench in the works here."

--IC: LuffyPyle, and Oshi: In the Mock City--

"Whoa!" Luffy exclaimed as he tried to dodge the silver one's sword sword slash.  He just barely made it, although the slash did leave a small gash on his ribs.

"Hey!  You're pretty good with that sword!" he said chipperly, before drawing three Razor Cards and tossing them at the silver one.

"I'm trying to find another team for us to fight," Pyle responded, a small drop of acid in his words.  "Ain't you the least bit antsy?  Don't you want to actually do something?"

In reality, he had not been looking for another team to fight; rather, he had been looking for another team to snitch to.  His intent was to sell his team out, in exchange for him being spared.

"Can... can I have a biscuit?" Oshi asked quietly.

--IC: Kri: In the Gym--

"We lost, blast you," Kri snapped at the trio of newcomers.  "And too soon, at that.  What are you three doing here?"  She rubbed her jaw where she had gotten punched.

"No... wait... come back!  Friend!" Milk called to Danger and his brother as they hurried away.  She hung her head sadly as her first friend left, as if he didn't want to be her friend anymore.

She sat on the ground and hugged her black stone to her chest, rocking back and forth sadly, humming to herself.

Edited by Scrubbish

IC: Vlad / Gym

Vlad did not need to be reminded. He was already terrified, on top of everything else, of slipping and cutting his friend's hand, and his efforts were cautious and deliberate. "Of course. I vould not vant you injured now," he agreed, not quite shakily.

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

"The story of our lives, essentially," the healer murmured. Nothing ever went smoothly for the New Breed... "Well, can we help you to deal with them?"

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

Lucid, at some point, had fallen asleep in a flower bed in the Courtyard. Someone was bound to notice her there soon.

IC: Illusive - Gym. 

After a few moments of panicked scrambling, I found another door, and exited out into the next street. Seeing no sign of any pursuers, I shuffled into another doorway, and projected an illusion of a blank wall to conceal myself from view.

What kind of game was Icarax playing? Why had he left me here while the rest of my team had been eliminated? 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"Like I said earlier, wandering aimlessly isn't going to do us any good. We need a solid strategy." 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sliver - Gym.

As the remaining members of the target team filtered into the building, my faceplates settled into the rahkshi equivalent of a predatory grin. Fish in a barrel... I drew on my powers and dropped down into the street, switching to flight mode in midair to glide down to a comfortable landing. 

"Hold onto something!" I shouted into the building, an instant before I funneled the full ferocity of my level five powers in a single focused air blast, right through the doorway. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:  Morpheme | Entering the Courtyard  

Wow.  Wow.  This place was larger than Morpheme had expected.  Her hungry gaze darted this way and that, trying to take in the vast space at once.  But she suddenly didn't have time, because a pained cry fell upon her ears.  

"Come back!  Friend!"  

The new student turned her head toward the plaintive sound, and her heart broke at what she saw.  A smaller Rahkshi with a poorly-painted carapace--from scratches?--was rocking back and forth.  He or she began humming as two other Rahkshi fled the scene.  What was the small one wearing, other than pain?  Clearly, the others had hurt this one...and that simply wouldn't do.  

Morpheme shook her head as she slowly approached the tiny creature.  The odds of her meeting another Rahkshi who'd presumably been harmed was infinitesimally small.  Fate had a hand in this, then...  

"Did they hurt you?" asked Morpheme gently.  She bent down and extended a hand, leaving room for the other student to grab it.  

Edited by Lumen

RPG profiles  

~

~

"Huh?"

Milk looked up to see another Rahkshi, this one a dark green girl.  Holding out her hand and asking... something about hurt.  The others hurt her?  Danger and Revenge?

"N-No..." Milk said quietly.  "They just... yawn... they left.  And they said... they said they wanted to be friends.  And I've never... yawn... had a real friend before, so I guess... I'm sad."  She looked earnestly into the green girl's eyes, took one hand away from her black stone, and used it to grab the other's extended hand.  "You'll be my friend, right?  We can be friends? Please?"

--OOC:--

Sup, Lumen!

IC:  Morpheme | The Courtyard  

"Sometimes..."  Morpheme grunted as she helped the other Rahkshi to her feet.  She found herself blinking slowly for some reason.  The trip hadn't necessarily tired her out.  At least, she thought it hadn't.  Maybe the journey had taken more energy out of her than expected.  Through a yawn, she said, "Sometimes words cut deeper than a sword's edge.  I know how it feels, too, believe me."  The confusion Rahk gestured toward her curious pitch-black spines, which drooped and twitched a little, as if they insisted that rest was the best option right now.  Then she realized...  

This Rahkshi in front of her.  How the paint splatters on her armor were all dark red.  How she yawned innocently and naturally.  It was her identification, a dead giveaway of her powers.  Weren't sleep kraata supposed to put others to sleep?  Well, that's working.  Effectively, if I say so myself, mused Morpheme.  

With a faint smile, the writer reached out, affectionately patted the little Rahkshi's shoulder.  "Of course I'll...yawn...  We can definitely be friends.  I am Morpheme.  Now, what's your name?"  

RPG profiles  

~

~

IC: Kororia - Biscuit Party Ruined By High Winds

Kororia smiled at Ezec, and handed a biscuit to Oshi. "Of course! Here you go! Dad made them special for my first day. And biscuits always taste better shared!"

She carefully balanced another on her arm for Ezec, and put one in her mouth. She held yet another out to Aza. "They're really good, I pro-"

Her words were interrupted by the gale that billowed through the doorway. Kororia wasn't sitting in front of the door, but the winds billowed and blew about the room when they hit the back wall. When the winds stopped, Kororia shook her head, bewildered, and threw a scarf over her shoulders from her bag. She carefully put Ezec on top of her bag, grabbed a biscuit, and walked to the doorway.

"Hello!" she called out, holding the biscuit in their attacker's line of sight through the doorway. "We're having a biscuit break so we can plan and stuff! Do you want to join us? I have lots to share!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Ezec:

"Kororia, she is an opponent, offer her a treat later!"

​IC Aza:

​For somone who'd been flung hard against a wall, Aza was in a fairly good mood. This would be her chance to take revenge on that meddling Cyclone wench. She strung an arrow, and moved to get into a firing position out of the doorframe, keeping herself behind cover.

​IC Zas'ma:

​Truly, she'd underestimated Sliver. Her abilities were far more advanced than she'd expected. Or at the least, more powerful. How much control she'd display was yet to be seen, but Zas'ma herself wasted no time in drawing her whip and flicking it forward in an attempt to grab, drain, and yank the exposed hand, and it's owner, out of the building.

IC Grim:

They shrugged, "I do most of my best work when I must adapt."

"If nothing else, let us not stay in one building too long. That building there, it looks like a forge. Let's move there."

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Kororia - Biscuit Party Has To Wait

"Oh yeah!" She lowered her hand, just in time for a whip to crack where her hand had been. It instead snapped around the biscuit, and it disappeared out the door.

She called out, "Sorry, I forgot we were opponents. I can give you biscuits after the assignment, though! I promise they're really good!"

Kororia wasn't stupid, even if she was a little naive. The whip had come from an angle, compared to the gust of wind that had come straight through the doorway. More than one Rahkshi was out there. She saw Aza with her weapon ready, and raised two fingers quizzically, pointing towards the doorframe with her other hand.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

"You have a choice to make!" I called, drawing my sword and shifting into a defensive stance, "We can keep doing the fish in a barrel routine, or you can come out of there and at least go down fighting!" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

"Oh, I didn't realize we were inconveniencing you." Fang folded his arms and his eyes burned into Reach.

IC: Tube - Gym Maze (Team 1 v Team 5)

After the first bolt missed, Tube turned their attention on the other, mucus-covered Rahkshi who was fighting their Master and fired another two from the rooftops.

"Just, uh... checking out the assignment. What is that thing in the middle of the Gym?"

"Well, we beat that team, didn't we? As long as you keep Diode safe, we still have a chance," she said with her usual cold detachment

"All I want to do is win, and if you go off and get yourself killed that does hurt my chances. You don't want to be responsible for that."

OOC: Tube attacking Booger

"A city of some sort.  It's super hard to get anything done in there."

Kri glared at the newcomer.  "Why?  You're not interested in getting in there, are you?  'Cause it's blocked for the students who were too late to get a piece of the assignment."

--IC: Pyle and Oshi: In the Mock City--

"You're probably right.  What I do want to be responsible for, though, is the accomplishment of something besides rolling around aimlessly like the big guy's doing."

He jerked a thumb at Slif.

Oh dear!  Oh my!  Oh God!  They were under attack!

Oshi scrambled up hastily and gripped Fleur, which dangled at her hip.  She tried desperately to keep her fear and her mind-reading powers in check, but her knees quaked and quivered regardless.

"Oh!  Uh... Milk.  My name is Milk.

"Hey, that stuff you said about... yawn... about words?  That was... pretty smart.  I wish I could be smart like that..."

IC: Vlad / Gym Maze

"Vell, ve vere somevhat lucky," Vlad responded. "I happened to attack zer right person right avay, unt zey vere... not very good at it. But I guess ve did okay..." He recalled again Kri's odd behavior, before pushing that aside to focus on the less confusing task at hand, freeing Garrotte's hand. "It's almost zere," he assessed, pausing his mild mining as the material between the hand and his blade grew thin, "see if you can break free now."

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

On the far end of the courtyard Danger squirmed out of Revenge's grasp. "Whats wrong! I just wanted to be friends!" He said loudly.

IC: Booger-Gym

Thurizaz's weapon smacked into Booger's club and Booger dropped it to the ground. One of the disadvantages of only having one hand, but he didn't seem to care, he was already lungeing at Thurizaz, attempting to tackle him. "You are getting in the way of my revenge Stupid Head!"

IC: Melody-Gym

"A-a-are you ok?" Melody asked.

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC:  Morpheme | The Courtyard  

"Milk it is, then."  Morpheme beamed.  "Thanks for the compliment, but..."  She bent down so her cyan eyes met Milk's yellow ones.  "Want to know a secret?  You're smart in...awaah...in your own way.  You are here at the school, aren't you?"  

Discreetly, the green-grey Rahkshi shifted her gaze slightly from Milk for fear of dropping on the spot like a taku bird shot from the sky.  She would need to write a poem about this kind little one when she was more awake.  As she scanned the bushes beyond Milk for something to keep her consciousness anchored, Morpheme caught sight of a colorful flower bed.  It looked lovely, pure and untouched by destruction; it would do well for clearing her head after the inevitable fights she'd get into here.  If you've met one Rahkshi, you've met one Rahkshi.  Surely there were many others here besides Morpheme's new friend who would be eager to take slight with the confusion Rahk and -- wait.  She blinked hard.  Was someone in the garden of flowers?  

"What's wrong!  I just wanted to be friends!"  

A loud complaint rang out.  Oh...that voice sounded male.  Had one of the Rahkshi who had run away been male?  Plus, Milk here said that she'd asked two others to be her friends.  The investigation into the flowerbed would need to wait.  

Turning and beckoning in the voice's general direction, Morpheme called, "There's nothing wrong with that at all!"

Edited by Lumen

RPG profiles  

~

~

"Revenge on who, Poetic One?" Thurisaz inquired, intrigued, as his enraged opponent was turning his back to Tube and the two bolts from Thornpierce bearing down on him. "Should we put this confrontation off to aid you?" Laughing brightly, the fiery attacker danced clear back a step as the prongs of his trident burst forward, swift as arrows - and aimed right through his mid-lunge attacker's open abdomen.

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

Revenge cringed and lowered his voice. "It's not that you can't be friends,... I just don't want you snuggling with a girl, especially not one you just met."

Danger just stared at his brother. "What is a girl?"

IC: Booger-Gym

Booger was hit in the back by the darts and stumbled, slapping the trident away from hitting his midsection.  He fell on the ground and tried to kick Thurizaz's legs out from under him. "I am going to get back at those punks who wouldn't let me join their team," He snarled, "Show them who the real winner is!"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

--IC: Luffy and Exigent: In the Mock City--

"No!  Drippy Guy!" Luffy shouted as he saw the red guy about to stomp down on his best friend's tummy.  Not bothering to see whether or not his Razor Cards hit their target or not, he dove to intercept, throwing his body at the red guy's leg, hoping to direct the stomp away from Drippy Guy and keep him from getting hurt.

A stupid move?  Absolutely.  But a heroic gesture?  Also absolutely.

Exigent was getting very bored.  Absolutely nothing had come the way of him or his Mute ally.  He began to wonder if everyone else was preoccupied, or eliminated.  It was likely not the latter, because Headmaster Icarax's voice hadn't announced any recent eliminations... aside form the ninth team, apparently.

Milk yawned happily.  "You... yawn... you think I'm... smart?"

Her voice trailed off as she turned to notice the flowerbed that her new friend had directed her attention to.  She squinted at it, or that could have just been her eyelids drooping.  She kept her attention fixed on it, even as Morpheme chided the two that had run away earlier.  It did kinda look like there was somebody sleeping in there...

IC Aza:

She mostly ignored Kororia, opting instead to draw her bow as she moved from one side of the doorframe to the other, firing a long black arrow at the first thing she saw, which happened to be Sliver. 

IC Ezec:

He sighed, but whispered in low tones to Kororia, "Unless she intends to blow down the whole city, I think our best chance is to stay in here and not try to poke out of the door."

IC Zas'ma:

Her attack hadn't worked as intended, and she ended up with not a chubby rahkshi pulled out of the room, but some kind of foodstuff, which, despite being broken, could be a useful bargaining chip. for something in the future She pocketed what she could of the treat.

My receptors registered the familiar, distinctive twang of a bowstring releasing, and I activated my base-level powers, leaping a bio to the side. The shadow-hued arrow blurred past an instant later, and I glowered at the doorway it had emerged from.

"Did you seriously just try to shoot me?" I snarled, backing away so that I was out of the line of sight from the door. There was something deeply, profoundly insulting about being on the receiving end of an archer's arrow. "You're going to regret that." 

I switched to flight mode, ascending towards the roof of the building that the enemy team were sheltering in. As I rose, I gestured for my allies to remain where they were, covering the door. In my haste to bring this fight to a swift end, I'd neglected to properly recon the structure the other rahks were hiding in. With any luck, there was another way in, and I could flush our cowering opponents out of their bunker. 

OOC: If the layout of this particular building has been described elsewhere, I can't find it. I don't want to fall into the trap of making up convenient entry/exit points, etc. on the fly, so if possible, would someone be able to provide a rough overview of what this building is like? Eg. how many floors does it have, are there windows, other doors, and so on? 

OOC: I'll wait for Scorp's input but I pictured the building only having the one door.

IC: Kororia - Team Baby Wigglers' Friendship Playhouse

"I guess," she said in reply to Ezec, though she looked disappointed. She turned to Oshi. "No matter what, we gotta protect Aza, okay? Can you stay with her? I might have to run out if they get too close. Don't worry, though. My mama taught me fighting!"

She heard one of the Rahkshi outside saying they were going to regret firing the arrow, and then take off. She whispered to the others, "I'm gonna do a fight! There's someone flying up, will you guys be okay to handle them if I go take care of the other one? I promise I'll be right back... But maybe I should stay here? Just in case you guys need help? That could be a Rahkshi with kablooey powers, like fragmentation or something, or the cyclone from earlier."

With Luffy crashing crudely into his leg Thurisaz went into a graceful spin, landing soft and catlike beside Booger. "Such camaraderie!" Still grinning, he flung Booger's club, blunt missile, off the ground beside him toward Luffy's head, and sprung stabbing his trident lightning-like at Booger's shoulder.

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

Tear looked around for a moment before indicating a taller building not far from where they were. "We'll set up over there. Floor, you're with me." He hops into flight mode and flies toward it.

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

Tear alighted atop the indicated tower and looked down just long enough to ensure Door was taking the hollow suit inside. Then, he turned his attention upwards and outwards to await their guests. Someone had to be out there.

IC: Floor

Floor followed suit, dropping off beside Tear.

"See anyone?"

Edited by NorikSigma

IC: Tube - Gym Maze (Team 1 v Team 5)

The brawl below was getting messy, and Tube's gauntlet flicked back and forth between the two attackers uncertainly. What if they hit Master?

Maybe it was time to help more directly. Lowering their gauntlet and drawing their haphazard mace, Tube leapt from the building with a battle cry, swinging the mace down with all their momentum toward Luffy. Perhaps it wasn't the stealthiest approach, but with the club coming from one direction and a mace from the other, Luffy would have a hard time choosing.

Garrotte flexed her fingers, watching as the material that seemed rock solid moments ago flexed and stretched with the motion until one by one her talons found purchase and ripped through. With another soft grunt and a resounding crack, her hand ripped free of the prison. She looked at it for a moment, almost smiling with accomplishment until she realized her legs were still trapped. "One down..."

Reda folded her arms and smirked. "You agreed to this as well. Besides, I like seeing my underlings show a little... initiative."

"All seems to be..." Tear paused as he noticed a cloud of dust spiraling up between buildings, as if scattered by some great wind. He pointed it out to his companion. "What do you reckon is going on over there?"

The rest of Kri's explanation went unheard as Canvas took a few steps toward the sheer wall, looking up at it curiously. A whole city inside the gym... she wondered what was going on inside. Probably nothing good, judging by the team outside.

"Gradually, you understand," the crimson conqueror commended, circling Booger like a ruby-red Muaka, every sculpted muscle tensed for action. "Frankly, counting Prefects and all, we have fiercer teams to defeat." He flicked his head in the direction of the roar of battle blowing, some distance away. "Submit your support against those, and we could put off our confrontation."

--IC: Luffy, Pyle, and Oshi: In the Mock City--

Luffy scrambled to his feet, just as the club came hurtling at his head.  It struck with a solid conk.  He swayed a little and staggered back and forth, trying to reorient himself.  He shook his head, and his vision cleared... just in time to see the sword and mace streaking toward him.

He did his best to try and dodge both at the same time, but wasn't quite successful.  The sword stab scored a slash across his other set of ribs, and the mace clipped his chin rather badly.  The injuries weren't life-threatening... just yet... but they still hampered his effectiveness.  He retaliated by flinging two rubberized punches simultaneously, one at Sword Guy, and one at Mace Guy.

Pyle scoffed.  "Your underlings?  Puh-lease.  If we're anyone's underlings, we're hers," he said rudely, gesturing toward Waiata, who was still rolled up in the ball that was Slif.

Stay with... the angry one?  Oh no oh no oh no oh no.  Oshi's knees quaked even more, but reluctantly, very reluctantly, she nodded.

She moved to stand closer to the angry one.  Just a little closer, mind you.  She tried desperately to avoid her powers trigger in her direction again.

"No," Kri said, obviously disgusted.

Then, something struck her.  Wasn't there a weapon rack just over there?  She ran to it, and found... ah!  A sword!  Exactly what she needed.  She grabbed it, and repeatedly stabbed herself in the left forearm with it.  There was the pain fix she so desperately desired.

She turned to the stammering one, her eyes glazed.  "You can take me to the... infirmary now... if you want," she said, almost distractedly.  She was too busy focusing on the sweet, glorious pain.

Edited by Scrubbish

"All seems to be..." Tear paused as he noticed a cloud of dust spiraling up between buildings, as if scattered by some great wind. He pointed it out to his companion. "What do you reckon is going on over there?"

IC: Floor

'If we're lucky? A battle. Less opponents against us.

"Although that is an intense fight from what I'm seeing."