Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: You guys are putting on a flute concert as Fang is fearing for his life. Can I just say I love this game? :D

IC: Hoto

It had been a while, and back then, she wasn't nearly as good at... well, anything. She did remember a few things though. "He was... tall, I think. His chassis was lanky, not very strong-looking. I think he was... a Rahkshi of Plasma. Yes, that was how he put on these!" She flicked one of the little springs on her knee joint. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you more than that. Thanks, Kat."

IC: Tube

Tube followed their master closely down the halls, the seemingly permanent grin never leaving their face. Their master had a new ally. They almost crashed into the two when Checkers suddenly came to a stop.

Wait, Chekquars? That couldn't be right. Tube had been saying Checkers this whole time!

"I... I don't know where we could go, but I'm sure you'll think of something, master!"

• Upvote 1

IC Kat: "No problem," I say reassuringly. 

"I'll catch up with you guys later," I say to Phogen and Exxan. 

As I walked out, I considered Hoto's decription. A lanky Surahk. Not too many of those around, and.... I could have sworn I'd seen a Plasma Rahkshi recently...... 

It was about the time most Rahkshi would be eating, so I figured the Refectory would be my best bet. I looked around for someone matching the description Hoto had given me. Tall and lanky weren't terribly uncommon, and although there weren't too many Plasma Rahkshi in the Acadamy, I wasn't familiar with them. 

Hoto mentioned feeling out a rahkshi's powers through close proximity. Maybe I could do the same? 

Worth a shot. I moved through the aisles of tables, thinking that a plasma Rahkshi would likely make the air a little warmer in the immediate vicinity. That's what I hoped any way.

OOC: Don't want to make this too easy to find Fang, after all, Kat has only ever seen him once in passing, and doesn't know him just yet.

IC: Melody

Melody squeezed out of the end of the tunnel into a small crevice in the side of a mountain.  It was impossible to climb up to from the outside.  Long vines were draped over the hole.  The floor was covered with soft moss.  Melody sat down and was finally alone with her thoughts.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Burst

"Yeah, I'm a Kurahk. Sorry about that. I was trying to set them off..." he said, pointing to fang and the others with him."but, they weren't angry enough for my powers to influence them into starting a fight."

OOC: Burst did explain where everything was to anubyssium in an earlier post.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Kat's pretty even headed, why is Omega hiding....?

IC Poly: I watched the Rahkshi poke through inside the Cauldron. 

Maybe they're conducting some sort of business with the Ghosts?

~should investigate~

Why?

~know your enemies~

They aren't an enemy, though.

~could be. either way, useful information~

I suppose, at least you've finally stopped with the kill everyone thing.

I lifted off of the rock, and slipped through the water, keeping to the shadows, to watch the Rahkshi.

OOC:That's you Smudge.

OOC: Wouldn't even think of it. I'm interested to see Kat try some of Hoto's tricks. I'll at least tell you where he is. :D

I thought Burst was in the Library targeting Phogen.

IC: Fang

At a table in the back corner of the Refectory, Fang was trying to eat the slop, only because he would need it. Its unpleasant taste had completely vanished to him, and he didn't even notice his shaking hands dripping it across the table. His entire being was focused on a plan, any plan, that could end this as ideally as possible. He didn't even notice Omega slip behind a table to watch him.

That wasn't me! I can explain! If only they would listen, I could... what? I'd sound insane, if I didn't already. They all think I'm mad. Maybe they're right.

IC Kat:

As I Made my way through the crowd, I noticed..... Omega, I think it was, watching me from under....a table...? I shook my head, wondering what he was up to. As I neared one of the corners, I saw.... A lanky rahkshi who was obviously distraght. With a pretty charred looking headplate. Luck seemed to be on my side, as a side effect of this, he was positively glowing with plasma. 

Gotcha.

He was pretty unstable, though. And I'd rather not him off, he looks like he's been through Karzhani. Or worse.

I slowly sat across from him, placing both hands palms down on the table, and quietly spoke to the Rahkshi.

"Is your name Fang, by chance?"

OOC: Well, that was easy. I guess Fang is kind of easy to pick out though, especially in his state. :P

It took Fang a moment to register his name being spoken. He looked up to see an entirely unfamiliar Rahkshi. No, not unfamiliar. She had been in to see Dodge in the Infirmary, hadn't she?

"Who wants to know?" he murmured.

IC Kat: Good, he wasn't hostile. very conducive for conversation.

I leaned in closely, maintaining personal space, but ensuring some familiarity. 

Once more, I spoke carefully, "The name Hoto ring a bell?"

IC Poly:

As I watched, the nervous rahkshi started playing a....song. It was haunting, sad, yet beautiful. Even my other side seemed entranced. I sat, wanting to hear it in its entirety, and not disturb the other.

Fang looked up again, squinting. No, he was sure he didn't recognize this Rahkshi from before the Academy. His voice took on a little more life. "Is she here? You know her?"

After a while Melody finished her song and sat, pondering.  "Did they really like me?" she thought out loud.  "I felt such power in that song, I could not do that on my own."

OOC: Just so you know UltimoScorp, this cave is large enough that it could fit several (sitting) Rahkshi, the only reasonable place to hide because of it's size would be in the tunnel that connects to it.  Just to make that clear.

Edited by Smudge8

IC Kat: I smiled knowingly, "You bet. Noisy thing she is, I'm surprised you didn't know. She's here, and safe. She got pretty excited when someone mentioned your name."

I frowned momentarily. 

"Speaking of which.... You seem to have caused quite a stir around some of the other Rahkshi."

Part of Fang wanted to leap up and find her, but it was the second part that kept him in his seat.

"So. She knows about me." Fang couldn't think of one Rahkshi in the school that could paint a flattering image of him, especially to someone like Hoto. He hissed and sank into the chair, picking at his food.

It's what she would have wanted. If I had gotten to her first, I could explain! I could tell her why!

IC Kat: "She knows barely more than I do. I don't think she was too concerned with what was said after hearing your name. The others I'm.... more worried about. Now, I don't know much about Phogen beyond Rumor, but most of what I've heard is that they're.... reasonable. I know that they, Hoto, and Exxan want to talk to you. Strictly talk. I plan to be there, off side. I want you to know that I'm gonna try and make sure things stay civil, but I need you to work with me. If things get bad, I'll step in, but if you throw any punches first, I can't help you. You with me?"

It was a huge gamble. The guy looked, if possible, even more sullen than before.

IC Poly: the song ended, and I slunk back out. At the entrance, I paused, and scratched in the dirt.

-we thought it was beautiful-

I slipped through the water and flew back to the rock I'd sat on, taking my place once more. My mind was still for the first time in..... Ever, really.

~not an enemy~

I smiled.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Fang looked up at the mention of Phogen. His eyes burned with an odd mixture of hatred and fear. When she was mentioned with Hoto and Exxan, he started standing up, the table smoking where his hands pressed against it.

His voice was pleading. "Please, tell me she isn't with them!" 

IC Kat: my mind was racing. Something was up.

"Is there something I should know about them if she is....?

Fang, you gotta work with me here, on the last assignment, someone nearly killed one of us. Another student. Now I don't know about you, but I've got bigger issue with someone actively targeting fellow students than Phogen and their troupe."

I hoped beyond hope I'd keep his attention.

IC: Both Toxin and Bullseye

"Well that was...refreshing."

Bullseye looked to see that Toxin peacefully fell asleep. He shrugged and continued playing a different song, one that was extremely relaxing.

OOC: I'm going to stop posting for today. He's basically going to play for the whole night.

People could either listen in and interact but I won't post till the next morn.

IC: Revenge (Writing)

Dear book,

Today was amazing.

I went back to the library to talk to a Rahkshi named Phogen.  He seemed interesting.  He was forming a group of Rahkshi but when I heard his opinion of Toa I decided not to join.

After we left Rider and I heard someone playing a flute.  We walked out to the courtyard and saw two Rahkshi  standing on the roof.  One of them was playing the flute.  When he was done the other one started playing.  It was amazing, the melody was so rich that the other Rahkshi joined in.  Rider also started using his sword and his arm as some sort of Instrument.  I even started drumming on claws, I tried not to hurt him.

In the end the second Rahkshi flew off.  I wonder who he was.  I hope to meet him again soon.

Rider is down in a classroom, he is going to take some class about diplomacy or something.  I probably will take it with him.

Sincerely,

Revenge

Melody heard a faint rustling.  Must be the wind, she thought.  She lay down to rest, tossing and turning for a while she grew drowsy and eventually fell asleep.

OOC: I'm done for the day! See you all tomorrow.

IC Mahrika

Rahkshi Island Beach -> Diplomacy Classroom

Mahrika sat on the wave-battered stones of the shore, letting his feet hang into the water. That hadn't gone as he'd hoped at all. Fang had not seemed even slightly receptive to the idea of joining Exxan. The next step Mahrika had planned was going to Exxan and suggesting that he take Fang in, but somehow he didn't have the motivation to get up and carry it out. Maybe because he knew Fang would decline Exxan's offer regardless.

Sighing heavily, he picked up his trident from where he'd set it down and began the short walk back to the school.

Was Exxan right? Was his best option to play along with the schemes and plots until he was strong enough to survive in the outside world? Maybe it was. Right now, Mahrika felt farther than he ever had from Fang's virtuous zeal. He tried to imagine what the philosophy books he devoured would tell him. Would they say that it was better to make an effort no matter how slight the chance of success, or that it was more virtuous to face certain failure with dignity?

The possibilities that cycled through his mind as he walked down the school's halls, leaving him more distressed with each revolution, engrossed Mahrika so deeply that he almost missed the handmade sign on the door of a classroom. Even after he noticed it, he had to read it twice to make sure it said what he thought it did.

A diplomacy class? At this school? Was this still reality, or had he somehow wandered into an opposite world where fire was cold, Matoran were huge and Phogen played in a marching band?

Mahrika entered the classroom and discovered two other Rahkshi inside.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

No, it couldn't be true. Of all the people to find Hoto first, it had to be Phogen!

Fang burned with anger, his hands slowly melting through the table. He didn't care what this Rahkshi had to say, but whoever she was, she was on Phogen's side. That was clear.

But she seemed decent. She wanted peace. So he would tell her the truth.

"Phogen is manipulative!" He growled. "She has plans, and she will do anything to achieve them! I suppose you've met Exxan? I got in his way on the last assignment, and look what he did!" Fang raised his hands, revealing the scars along his sides. "You can't trust them. Any of them! Especially Phogen!"

Calm. Remember what happens.

Fang looked down at the holes he had nearly bored through the table, breathing hard in his anger. When he looked back up, his eyes were softer, but they still maintained that edge. That slightly maddened, dangerous look.

"Don't..." Don't what? Listen to Phogen? Stay and watch the meeting? Tell Phogen? "...don't... let Hoto see me."

He stared at the Rahkshi, waiting to see her next move.

• Upvote 1

IC Kat: so. That's what was going on.

I stood slowly. I cared about Hoto, but ultimately, her decisions were her own. I'd watch over her as best I could no matter the circumstance.

Huh. Wonder why I'm so attached to her.

This one, though.... He needed guidance. And... He knew Hoto. And more importantly, Hoto knew him.

"Look, it's your decision, but I think it would do you all some good to at least talk. Half of the Rahkshi here are at each other's throats all day. And.... Hoto would be really happy to see an old friend. Just.... Think about it. If you change your mind, my room's 219."

I left the guy to his thoughts.

Now to deal with omega. I strode over to the guy, who was still trying to spy on me.

OoC likely the last post tonight, but feel free to interact.

Fang slouched down onto the chair and put his headplate on his hands. Through his fingers, he watched the Turahk walk off. She was brave, he had to give her that. Perhaps... perhaps she would be better able to watch over Hoto than he would. A lot had happened since they last met, but from the sound of it, Hoto hadn't changed much. More confident maybe, but just as excitable and happy. He was the one who had changed, and he still wasn't sure it was for the better.

What's wrong with me? If Hoto saw...

He scowled and pushed his bowl off the table. A Porter was at it almost immediately, probably attracted by the smell of burning table. As he sat in silence, lost in thought, the Porter finished cleaning up the mess and stepped up to repair the table. Fang shoved it backwards, and it stumbled for a moment before tucking itself up into a ball and rolling off. It would have to fix the table once the Rahkshi moved on.

IC: The Twins.

With their injuries now seen to, Silencer and Illusive headed for the refectory. They were hungry, and while the slop that was served there barely qualified as food, it was still nourishment, so they didn't complain. Healthy food that tasted awful was still far better than no food at all. 

Sitting together in the corner of the room furthest from the other students, the pair discussed in hasty signs what to do with themselves now. Phogen and Exxan were definitely the most powerful Rahks in the school; staying on their good side was the wisest path. That said, The Twins did not intend to be blind followers forever. It suited them for now, but they knew they had to up their game if they wanted to keep up with the other students who were beginning to gain new levels. They needed to do something for themselves, to stand out and make an independent act.

The question was... what? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

In the far corner of the room, The Twins noticed the seemingly confused rahk apparently talking to himself. What's wrong with him? Illusive signed. 

Silencer just shrugged, before twisting around in his seat to continue observing the strange character. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Twins exchanged a glance. "Hi." Silencer finally said. 

IC: Burst

"Yeah, I'm a Kurahk. Sorry about that. I was trying to set them off..." he said, pointing to fang and the others with him."but, they weren't angry enough for my powers to influence them into starting a fight."

OOC: Burst did explain where everything was to anubyssium in an earlier post.

IC:

"Couldn't you set them off no matter how angry they already were?" Anubissium asked.

OOC:

She's trying to make allies and friends. She's basically trying to make friends with him. Make sense? It does in my mind, at least. Not sure about others'.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

"We're eating," Silencer stated the obvious. Illusive tapped his shoulder to get his attention, then made a couple of hand signs. Silencer nodded, then called out. "My friend wants to know why you were talking to your food earlier." 

Silencer blinked several times, trying to process the jumble of words that had just been thrown at him. He slowly nodded. "Of course." 

Turning to Illusive, he made a few quick hand signs. I think he's insane. 

He wouldn't be the first, Illusive replied.