Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Pyre

Hearing the response: "Yes." Pyre equipped his dual scythes. He began channeling his plasma energy into them making the scythes begin to heat up. He also loaded both scythes with three darts. He checked the number of darts he had at the moment. He had 30 generated and 3 in each scythe.

"Want to spar?" Pyre asked.

OOC: Ok so for this battle I need to keep track of darts. He has 30 darts + the 6 in the scythe/ dart shooter. Also as I said in the student register he can regenerate darts but it takes a while. Do you think 1 dart every 4 turns of battle is fair?

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

IC Kat: I burst into the Infirmary, carrying an unconscious Hoto in my arms.

that Snake guy. I'd have to give him a piece of my mind later. And I still needed to watch the meeting. Without a third party to mediate, I had a feeling it would become violent quickly.

"PALMA!" I called out, setting Hoto gently on an empty bed.

• Upvote 1

IC: Fang

But Fang wasn't trying to provoke Exxan's temper. He was trying in vain to cover his own notorious temper. Ever since that first warning, it had slowly been boiling up, only getting closer to exploding with each occurrence since. Seeing Hoto, broken by Snake's weapon, only brought it to a point, but being seated here, across from the Rahkshi that had caused him so much pain, was the last straw.

Fang couldn't hide it anymore. He slammed a hand into the table, the fist, heated by plasma, caving it in slightly. His still-jovial voice barely masked the deadly edge. "But you... you hide behind them, letting them do the dirty work, just getting the last blow in so you can laugh about it with Phogen." He spat her name, his voice suddenly becoming venomous. "...just so you can get your pat on the head from Tridax. You want to know the best part? You're just a coward, a follower like the rest of them!" He had risen to his feet, gazing down at Exxan indignantly through the charred faceplate.

• Upvote 1

IC: Exxan.

"So..." he sighed, unflinching. "That's what this is all about." He remained sitting, his hands sliding off the table and into his lap as he leaned forward. Fang's problem seemed to be twofold: bitterness about the beating he took in the Wreck the Halls assignment, and anger directed at Tridax and the school in general. He decided to focus on the lesser issue first. "As I recall, you attacked The Twins. I finished you off because it was clear you weren't going to stop attacking them until they were forced to kill you - which, I might add, they probably would have, If I hadn't stepped in." 

He cleared his throat. "Now, to the main point of contention here: I am not a coward, nor a follower. After all, I led my team to victory in the last assignment. The only reason I even seek Tridax's approval is because he happens to be the one who runs this school. I seek his approval because I want to make myself more powerful, so that I don't have to hide behind others anymore. And it seems to be working well enough so far. So don't pin all of your hatred for Tridax and the school on me, when you clearly aren't even close to understanding me. You don't know how I think, or what I want, nor do I intend to tell you."

He wasn't going to go easy on Fang. Soft words would have no effect on him. He had to be brutal, to break through that shell of anger Fang had erected around himself and into the heart of his twisted mind. "The last thing you'll probably want from me is advice, but I'll give it anyway: Stop lying to yourself. Let go of your maddened delusions, and see the world for what it really is." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Pyre (Gym)

Pyre counted, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO!"

Pyre used his kraata powers he secretly dripped acid like plasma onto the floor. His enemy better watch where he steps.

Then he ran up to Caoutchouc and swung both of his scythes aiming for his face. 

OOC: Dem scythes are super heated with plasma energy. That should hurt. (36 darts at the moment.)

IC: The trio glanced at each other before returning to their vigil watching Green and Love Guurahk. Only this time the little tusk-like mandibles they possessed were clicking gently. And in time with each other...

A fourth Porter showed up, rolling a tub of something before it. The vegetable oil. They normally used it for greasing their enormous pots, making sure the gruel didn't stick, they didn't mind giving some of it away. However once they had delivered the tub, the group of now four Porters stared expectantly at the two Rahkshi, clearly waiting for them to leave

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC

"Aiming for the face" was an inaccurate term, because of his running start his momentum made his attack highly telegraphed and difficult to alter once commited to. The area Caoutchouc's face had occupied was quickly emptied, his head and neck stretching up and out of the way. The superheated scythes did hurt, though not as much as Burst would've anticipated. The superheated metal swung close enough to his chest to leave two long, thin burn marks.

Now in close quarters, he made a fist and brought his left arm and fist first up and then down towards the other Rahk's left shoulder/collarbone in a manner reminscient of a hammer.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC Pyre:

Pyre activated his superheated plasma coating that covered his entire body right before the blow landed. He staggered backwards clenching his left shoulder. Because of the plasma around his body the air began to heat up.

OOC: A rahkshi of plasma has this power to create a plasma coating. Checked the wiki to make sure I wasn't making it up.  (36 darts at the moment.)

IC

"RRRRRAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH"

It was a cry not of pain, but of cunning. His hand had been a hammer, smashing into his opponent's superheated body and yes, taking damage in the form of a nasty burn. But his fist had been closed and wrapped in thick cloth, it would still function.

The hand's true purpose is as a grabbing device, with a rubbery *snap* his fist moved to close around the Surahk's neck.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC

Pyre didn't want to lose this fight. He quickly dropped and rolled over and shot one plasma dart from each of his scythes. He also once again put acid like plasma on the floor. Also when he rolled over his plasma coating burned the floor. 

"Going to have to fix that," though Pyre.

OOC: (34 darts left)

"Delusions?!" he roared. He bent forward, hands pressing into the table.

Calm. You don't want to...

"You admitted to it yourself! It's all a play for power! And when you have your precious authority, anyone who steps in the way can be crushed under your heels! You play at being the leader, just to watch everyone else try and fall beneath you! Everyone, except for Phogen." His rage had become cold, but it still bore the threat his hot anger did. "You are just a pawn to her. She'll let you play your games, but the moment you become a problem, she will crush you as well, just as you crushed me!"

IC: Hoto

In her not-quite unconscious state, Hoto could feel herself being picked up and moved through a wide open area. There were no walls, no Rahkshi, nothing but the arms underneath her, somehow unconnected to anything. The clicks from her swinging limbs echoed back from far away, quietly, almost imperceptibly. Everywhere was just pain.

IC: Tube

"Oh yes, Checkers is a brilliant and devious master! I'll do whatever he needs me to do!" Tube grinned sincerely at Whakatio. "I think you'll like him too."

• Upvote 1

"Why are you taking this so personally?" Exxan sighed. "I had no quarrel with you. Well, until now, since you're making it so clear that you hate me so much."

He brought his hands back up onto the table, balancing one of his knives between his hands, a clear indication that he was ready to fight if that's what it came to. "I don't want authority. Honestly, I couldn't care less about crushing people. I want power for my own reasons. If I was Phogen's pawn, she would know those reasons, which she doesn't. Now, could you kindly stop throwing around misguided accusations and just calm down." 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

Pyre didn't want to lose this fight. He quickly dropped and rolled over and shot one plasma dart from each of his scythes. He also once again put acid like plasma on the floor. Also when he rolled over his plasma coating burned the floor. 

"Going to have to fix that," though Pyre.

OOC: (34 darts left)

IC

Dart status ; contact with upper thigh

(2nd) Dart status ; no contact

His quadriceps were wracked with pain, this is why he hated powers and weapons in sparring. They wounded his hard-earned squatting muscles.

Scythes were a rather awkward weapon, he needed to get into close range and harass him, he crouched down and coiled up before lunging at his enemy, his rubbery body storing energy like a spring to power his movement.

He threw a twisting punch directly at the Surahk's solar plexus, if he were a toa or matoran the blow would crush his heart and destroy his windpipe

...but close to it

It would be so easy. Just a burst of power, a quick swipe, and I could wipe that smug look off his face.

But you wouldn't...

Only the weak ones refuse to face their problems!

Not like this...

Fang stood straight, his fingers growing tighter around the hilt of Venom. He didn't know what he wanted to accomplish, but it wasn't this. No matter what he threw at Exxan, the Rahkshi of Vacuum just sat there, completely calm.

You want him to turn from his ways. Acknowledge the truth!

You just want an excuse to strike him down.

Plasma began dripping down his blade, its surface quickly glowing red hot. Fang seethed, not so much at Exxan, but at his own conflicting thoughts. Finally, he roared and swung the sword... cleaving the seat below him in half. 

"We're done here! I can see my efforts are wasted, and I will leave!" He quickly walked out of the Refectory without waiting for a response. All his remaining anger was directed at himself.

You lost. You're the weak one. You can't keep your temper, and it has made you weak.

Indignation is not a weakness.

You just hate. That is a weakness.

He swung the sword again, biting deep into the walls of the Academy. He stood there, breathing hard, staring at the scar as it slowly healed. Suddenly, he remembered Hoto. That Rahkshi had taken her to the Infirmary, and he had been there enough times to know where that was.

But Hoto shouldn't see him in such a state. He needed to burn off some steam, so he walked to the Gym.

Tube grinned back, but they'd run out of things to say. They sat there, awkwardly, hoping Whakatio was better at conversation than they were. At this rate, it was going to be a while before Checkers found whatever it was he was looking for.

OOC: Fang open to interaction.

• Upvote 1

IC Pyre:

Before the hit was landed Pyre back flipped. However, the fist hit Pyre's back in the middle of the flip and sent Pyre flying. He dug his scythes into the ground to slow down. He was a distance away from his opponent.

"Time to test this out."

Pyre connected the two scythes into a staff with a blade on each end.

Then he fired two more darts at his enemy.

OOC: Is it just me or did we both forget about the acidic plasma all over the ground? (32)

Fang didn't seem to notice Exxan flinch when the sliced he chair in half, but that's what happened. Exxan had been expecing Fang to attack him, not start killing innocent bystanders. He let out a sigh of relief as Fang stormed out of the room. This wasn't over, but it seemed the immediate threat had passed. 

He got slowly to his feet, composing himself. He was still gripping his knife tightly in his hand. "And that is how you handle a negotiation." He'd won this round, but he had a feeling that this battle was only just beginning. 

OOC: Exxan open for interaction. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

OOC: Is it just me or did we both forget about the acidic plasma all over the ground?

OOC: No, but my character hasn't really moved around much or covered much ground. I assumed the plasma was in globs rather than coating the floor. Shouldn't it melt through rather than sit on the floor anyhow?

IC

A dart grazed his shoulder, leaving a long painful burn. The other he was able to avoid, his opponent had put some distance between them. He took a second to assess the situation. The Surahk had joined his scythes into a staff, it would be rather awkward in close range, but closing the gap was an issue. With his powers and darts, he could stay at long range and wear me down.

Ah! How had I forgot?

Reaching into a mysterious place on my person, I ready Faithful and throw it...

Very wide, the blade arcs past him and careens into the distance.

"Ha, looks like I missed."

It would be impossible for the Surahk to know the blade's secret, that it will return to me like a boomerang. It's flight path would take it right into (maybe through) his enemy.

...but close to it

Pyre saw the blade fly into the distance and smirked.

"Looks like you missed? Is that an inference?"

Pyre increased the power of his plasma armor. However , the floor under him gave way as his plasma sizzled through the floor.

"Well time to improvise."

After making a big enough cavern under the area he reloaded his scythe darts. Then he covered the floor of the pit with and spit plasma making the roof of the cave fall.

Standing at the bottom of the pit he looked up and said, "Come at me."

OOC: I got to go soon, so I want to try to end this battle. (Darts 32 - 3 in each scythe)

OOC: Collapsing the roof on me is kind of an autohit

I don't think we're supposed to be busting property too much anyways

IC

I backed away quickly from the falling debris, catching Faithful as it completed it's flight path.

"When I agreed to sparring, I imagined we'd be fighting hand to hand and not using lethal force. It's bad manners to spar like this."

...but close to it

OOC: I forgot to put "roof of the cave" and only typed roof. Whoops.

"Ugh sorry. I sorta got carried away."

"So if our violent sparring match is over I will train in this disaster zone for the night."

OOC: Also I thought the that the area we are fighting in was not very large because the fact other rahkshi are in the gym fighting at the moment. This is my last post of the day.

IC: At Kat's shout, Palma looked over from patching up another Rahkshi's arm. Tutting quietly to herself she strode on over, checking up on the unconscious Hoto. After noting very little external injury, she opened one of the Rahkshi's eyes to note the pupil's reaction time.

"Hmm, concussion," she said, soothing healing energies already pouring from her staff in twining strands, seeking injury like vines sought sunlight, "I'll do what I can but she wakes up when she wakes up I'm afraid."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Omega

Omega glared at Exxan once more and went to go find Fang. He arrived at the gym, finally spotting him. He approached him. "Look..um...Fang. I'm sorry about letting you down man. I just... panicked. You know? Look I know there isn't a way to make it up to you but know... I got your back man." Omega held out his hand.

IC: Whakatio

"So. What do you think he is up to?" Whakatio asked, pointing at Chekquars.

Edited by VahkiDane

He watched Omega leave, but didn't think much of it. He was tired, both mentally and physically; he hadn't slept since the Naming Day assignment. He headed through the hallways until he reached his room, then went inside, locking the door behind him. He did not want to be disturbed.

He'd had enough karz for one day.

Fang's jovial manner was back, though his eyes still looked worn and humorless after the day's events. He stopped just inside the Gym and turned back to Omega with an odd grin. "What have you to be sorry for? If you had not... left, we couldn't have had this little discussion, could we?"

The discussion you failed. He failed you. Exxan would be nothing more than a splatter on the floor if not for him.

Exactly.

Fang continued to smile, but it looked forced and unnatural. "Believe me, it wouldn't be the first time a Rahkshi panicked under a threat."

Are you referring to that day?

Silence.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I believe I need to get some practice in. Preparation, of course, for whatever happens next. You are welcome to follow." The last part slipped out before Fang could stop himself, and he grinned all the wider to hide it. With a nod to Omega, he went to go find an empty space. His face turned deadly serious as he turned from Omega.

Stupid. stupid.

Silence

He looked over to see another Surahk burrowing into the ground, covered in a sheet of plasma.

Why don't I use my powers that way?

Because you have no concept of strategy.

Silence!

The first unfortunate practice dummy to roll up was quickly met by the white-hot Venom, reducing it to smoldering chunks almost too fast for the eye to follow. With a roar, Fang threw himself into the middle of them, slashing back and forth and quickly covering the floor in smoking bits of practice dummies.

"I have no idea. He said something about a team, and now he's reading? Why would you even want to read..." They looked up to Whakatio "...at a time like this?"