Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Omicron

"HAH!! No. No, he is most certainly not dead. Now, I'm going to the Cauldron. You can either come along with us there, or-" In that moment, Omicron turned around and noticed Epsilon trying to get away. She then promptly leaped into the air, went into flight mode and sped at Epsilon, before going out of flight mode and going for a speeding elbow shot right into his back.

IC: Kekepua - Hallways

This was an unexpected turn of events. The beast had been planning to leave Torch to go out on his own, an virtually let him do any work there was to be done. But this cauldron... she couldn't shake the primal curiosity that was dredged up from her deep insides.

"And you would know where to look, then?"

IC: Slif - Gym -> Armory

Exxan was going on with himself, and whoever those other guys were went ahead and followed him despite what he'd said. He could handle himself. Out of all the rahks I'd seen in this school, there was some kinda... I dunno, durability? Yeah, that's a good word for it. It was a word I should probably get worked into my quote-unquote description too, after that last match. After the whole lack of activity in this place. I'd thought something along these lines before, but aside from the Tournament, that didn't really go far. 

"Speaking of the Tournament..." I turned to look at the armory. 

That match showed me just how much of a disadvantage being unarmed is. I've had plenty of disadvantage, so getting rid of some wouldn't be too unfair, would it?

IC: Canvas - Refectory

It wasn't long before the group arrived in the Refectory, and Canvas went to go find a place in line. It was nice and peaceful... for now.

IC: Tear - Hallways

Tear jumps and staggers back with a small cry, being equally distracted in her walking. "I-I'm sorry..." she mutters, looking down at the ground.

IC: Vlad / Gym, Infirmary

"Right. Ve'll head to zer Infirmary next," Vlad decided, leading the group out of the clamorous Gym and toward the somewhat less clamorous Infirmary. "It ist vhere you can go for healink vhen you are injured," he explained. "Zer healer ist Palma. She'll take good care of you. Just don't brink any fightink into zer room."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Omicron

Omicron picked up her unconscious brother and put him over her shoulder. She then turned to look at her other sibling, Mu. "Well, as I was so rudely interrupted saying, you can either come with us to the Cauldron and help, or you can go back to the school and stay out of my way when I go after Exxan. Your choice."

IC: Exxan - Infirmary.

"Thank you," I nodded gratefully at Palma once she was done, and made my way out of the infirmary.

There was a lot of trouble coming my way - Sliver was still around here somewhere, Omicron probably wanted me even more dead than she had before, and who know what other troubles might come clawing their way out of the woodwork now that everything was coming to a head - but for now, my only focus was on getting through the tournament. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Torch - Halls>Causeway

"Yeah, yeah..." I say, and I'm pretty sure I'm right: it might take a a while, but people hide all sortsa stuff in the cauldron if you know where to look. The ponderous stone of the main archway slides past above me and I glance behind to see if my new companion is ready to fly across the causeway.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

"I'm... T-Tear," she says softly, not raising her eyes from the ground.

IC: Garrotte - Infirmary

Garrotte nodded at the scene with an eyebrow raised appraisingly, while she thought, A good place to hide...

IC: Exxan - Gym.

I made a beeline straight back to the gym; there was no point lingering for too long in any other part of the school. I did find it a tad ironic, though, that the most violent place in the school, the room where the most students had died, was, right now, the safest place for me to be. 

Once back inside, I summoned up a chair for myself - on the far side of the tournament space, facing the door so that no one could sneak up on me - and waited for the next round. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Phantom - Ruins, Gaever's Forge

The world seemed to spin as Phantom tried to open her eyes. Moments ago she had been resting peacefully, but in a sudden moment of panic from some imagined enemy, her eyes flew open. Conscious thought refused her even as fight or flight shot into high gear. Her body simply lay stiff and immoble, as shadows climbed at the edges of her vision. Her own mouth became useless, rendering her alone in her terror.

She couldn't keep track of them. The shadows. They danced and crept along the walls and corners. Her eyes flicked back and forth trying to catch them, but they always escaped.

They felt familiar. They were upset with her. But she didn't know why, and they wouldn't let her know why.

And then, it was over.

As her spine responded to the signals from her brain, the shadows disappeared from the tired corners of her eyes. She shivered. Phantom hoped she wouldn't have to do this "sleep" thing again in a long time.

Outside the soon-to-be door of the forge, Phantom could see Gaever still working. She was a strong rahkshi, Phantom decided. Good thing she was a friend.

Floundering on her feet as her body struggled to catch up to her mind, Phantom staggered out of the door, intent on returning to work.

IC: Slif - Armory

To be honest, I'd never much liked the idea of carrying a weapon. Seemed like just another thing I'd get attached to just to lose at some point. But after that last match (I was still aching from that, even after Palma's help) I realize that I need a proper weapon. Fists aren't going to cut it when you're up against a guy with something that can. Cut it, that is. With a sword. And "it" being my hand.

I picked up an axe. Had to admit that it looked pretty good, but no way was I going to deal with a weapon this long. Setting it down, I moved on to the rest of the junk on the racks. Pretty much everything was old or impractical. Some of it was just straight up stupid, frankly.

I kept on looking, starting to shift weapons out of the way to look at the ones behind them.

IC: Kekepua - Hallways -> Causeway

Torch's glance was quickly met with a watchful pair of emerald eyes. She whom the eyes belonged to followed him to the edge of the causeway, slinking into a hunched flight position.

IC: Fate - Dorms

I ran my hands across the worn and weathered face of the shell. While to any outsider it may seem that I'm caressing another rahkshi's shell, I was in fact softening the molecules. With each pass of my hand, I was both removing a layer of matter and softening the next. The shell exterior had undergone more than some degradation in the grave, and it wouldn't hurt to lighten the large piece of metal anyway, so the top few layers of material were going to go.

IC: Sim - Refectory

Somehow, the refectory seemed to smell worse every time I came here. My nose crinkled in distaste, ignoring the ache it still gave me.

"Melody," I turned to look at the small figure of my new friend, "How long have you been here? At Corpus?"

OOC: Slif still OFI

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC Diode:

I electrified my legs, hoping to do some lasting numbing to him.

It didn't save me from getting my legs all but knocked out from under me, however. I hit the ground hard on my side, and sent a kick of my own(admittedly an awkward and somewhat halfhearted) sparking with electricity toward the leg that had not just knocked me to the ground.

IC Hollow

Annoyed by the lack of combat - it was a most pathetic show - he got up and strode towards the armory in a gruff fashion.  Upon arrival there was another bulky Rahk, still not as big as himself, but definitely a close competitor, scanning over the weapons with incredible disappointment.

"Here," Hollow laid Garrotte's sword on a table next to Slif. "If it interests you."

OOC: Interacting with Slif.

IC: Vlad / Halls, Refectory

"Next, zer Refectory," Vlad announced, leading the way to that room. "It ist zer space ve are given to eat. Although to call zer grey goop zey supply 'food' is a stretch," he explained, somewhat bitterly.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

Such a reasonable concession, and reaction, was good to see. "Victory in the final matchup goes to Paladin," Thurisaz declared. "And with that, the second round is concluded! This has been exciting, well fought everyone.  Like last time, there will be a few minutes before the next round, in case any of the participants yet need to heal or prepare. And then, the semifinals!"

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

Phantom had awakened. "Greetings," Gaever called to her, pausing in her work on the roof (which was coming along nicely). "Are you feeling better?"

IC: Lucid / Helkyrie's Room

Lucid took the cup carefully, and thoughtfully gazed into it for a moment. You could do divination with tea. But that seemed uncalled for at the moment, so she just took a small sip of it instead. "It's good," she told Helkyrie, pleased.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 2

IC: Slif - Armory

"Hey thanks!" I said to the hulking stranger.

I picked up the shortsword, and took a quick feel of it's balance and weight.

Right. I know nothing about weapon balance and weight. I did know that it didn't feel very "fitting" in my hand, the shortsword was dismally small in my hulking paws.

"Seems pretty nice, but I doubt I could really use it outside of being a letter opener." I chuckled, and shrugged.

IC: Phantom - Ruins, Gaever's Forge

Phantom hardly felt like bringing up the night terror, so she shrugged with a vague nod.

IC Hollow

Hollow let out a soft laugh at the description. "If the headmaster even permits letters." He turned to the side and set down the shield-sword amalgamate with some disdain as if this masterful creation had been there all along.

"Say," he said, looking at the figure. "You're an odd type. Not many Rahkshi around here tend to carry the same girth as you." Obviously he was noting the intense similarities. Perhaps this fellow is as tough as I am, maybe even more...

He might not be bright, but a friend was better than a nuisance. "Who are you?"

IC Diode:

I gratefully accepted the help up, "Agh, I somehow doubt it," I said, half seriously.

I the cut in my leg was fairly deep, but I felt I could make it. I hesitate to say I've had worse, but... It isn't the first time I've been injured, at least.

"Seems that Exxan fellow was right.... I've got a lot to learn."

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Karz, the semifinals... normally, a realisation like that would've left me filled with a sense of elation. It still astounded me just how far I'd come from the meek, sheltered little bookworm I'd once been. 

But for whatever reason - fate, coincidence, destiny - I could never enjoy these moments. They were always overshadowed by something else. In the past it had been Phogen, Fang, and Tridax, all of whom were no longer a danger to me. But when it came to the threats that loomed over me now, I knew I wouldn't - couldn't - be rid of them so easily.

Omicron and Sliver were the worst kind of enemies. Wrapped up in their hatred and rage, consumed by their lust for vengeance, beyond any hope of reason or rationality. It was me or them, and I wasn't looking forward to my inevitable reunion with either of them. All I could do was hope to karz that when that moment did come, they hadn't managed to recruit allies to their cause, or worse, teamed up.

IC Hollow

"Hollow," He said with something of a smirk. "I've-"

"Say, you... You haven't seen a four-armed spindle stick Rahk around lately, have you?" Hollow's manner changed dramatically as he spoke. Instead of trying to appear as rough-and-tough as he was, possibly to call off an attempt  of such by the other Rahk, he had relaxed into an inquiring manner with a slight glint of fear in the back of his eyes.

IC: Blossom {Refectory}

"Really I guess what I've been told is true, all the terrible rumors like the one time the goop ate a Rahkshi." I don't want to get any closer. Hmm, I wonder if it swallowed him whole or had teeth?

Leaf was staring at Garrotte skeptically as if Garrotte was going to try something.

Edited by Bubbles

blueanimation.gif

"I'm fine." She says quietly. She should really be getting away from this Rahk before someone gets hurt...

IC: Garrotte - Refectory

She breaks her staring contest with the Rahi to raise an eyebrow at Blossom, then turn to Vlad. "...really?"

IC: Melody - Refectory

She thinks back through the months. "I g-guess... since the b-beginning. I g-got h-here when the s-school first opened."

IC: Tube - Gym

Tube popped up next to their Master as if they had been called, grinning at the latest concluded match. "I can help!"

Edited by Click

IC: Vlad / Refectory

Vlad looked skeptical. "I don't think zat happened. Zer slop ist really disgustink food, but zat ist all. It couldn't eat somevun." He thought about it for a moment. "Zat sounds more like zer valls, really."

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"Wonderful," Thurisaz thanked his excitable vassal. "As usual, be careful, gentle, and so on," he reminded him. By this time he seemed to have it down, but he would remind him nevertheless. To Paladin and Diode, he called, "Tube, here, will assist you."

IC: Lucid / Helkyrie's Room

Lucid laughed a little. "I see," she responded. "Well... where I have been is not important. It is not where I am really from..."

"What I am, at heart, is from and for the stars. The wild forests too, and the deep seas; the wide deserts and towering white peaks. These have formed and informed me through paths unseen. In turn, I act to channel them, relay them to others who have lost or missed their presence. Individuals like Vitesse, Sepulchral, Rider... yourself... even the likes of Dervaki, if that is possible."

She took another sip of tea. "Is this what you sought?"

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

"All right. Assistance in positioning and securing these planks would be much appreciated," Gaever said. She had prepared rough planks and fasteners, and begun construction of the gable roof, while Phantom slept. With her helping, though, what remained should proceed much faster.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Blossom {Refectory}

"Oh I, uh, knew they were just lying to me," I said in a whisper before cutting in, "So! On to the next place?"

Leaf, deciding to take a nap, goes to one of Blossom's flower pots and lays down.

IC: Blue {Courtyard}

I shrug and decide to go somewhere else. "It was probably nothin'." I said, heading to the courtyard. 

blueanimation.gif