Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Doubt

Doubt had marched towards the main entrance in his boredom, and suddenly there was a ship on the horizon- leaving, not coming, all the while an air of mystery hanging over the entire thing. And then suddenly a Rahkshi flew up.

Kororia's arrival was possibly connected with the boat, although it seemed unlikely given none of the other Rahkshi were given this treatment. He eyeballed her quizzically until she got close enough for conversation.

"Welcome to Corpus Rahkshi." He held his chain ball nervously in his oversized hands, unsure if this was one of those Rahks who walked up and stabbed you in the face with a cheery smile.

IC: Kororia - Welcomed

"Oh! Thank you!" She smiled at the Rahkshi. Goodness, they were tall! She'd seen old Rahkshi shells from wild ones, but somehow seeing another living Rahkshi really hammered it home. She's seen them before, of course, but it always surprised her.

She walked over and reached up with a tiny hand for a handshake, clutching her luggage and lunchbox in the other. "I'm Kororia! My parents just dropped me off for school. What's your name?"

The chain ball, she noted, but wasn't extremely worried. The Rahkshi didn't seem keen to use it from their body language, for a start. Maybe they were scared because they'd heard of her or her homeland? Were other students told about new students coming in? She wasn't sure. But, nevertheless, being nice and friendly usually makes friends.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Doubt

He suppressed a shudder. I kind of wish it had been the stabby kind...

"Are you... Sure you're prepared to live here?" He looked at her worriedly. Happy-go-lucky Rahks didn't go well here; they either ended up hiding, walking right into getting themselves killed or they changed who they were in order to survive each night. "This isn't the safest place in the world here. I don't keep this chain ball for a decoration."

IC: Sim - Refectory

"Yes, yes... I'm quite, ah, fine."

Silence. Time seemed to drag on around me.

"If a bit restless, I suppose."

"Or... anxious."

I wasn't going to say it to her, but I hardly felt that we had really accomplished anything. Establish the ground works for a future movement, sure, but hardly the beginnings of change.

Thankfully, before the awkward moment dragged on any longer, a stranger entered the fray.

"Oh, hello," I diverted my attention to this green rahkshi, as well as Melody's hopefully.

OOC: Hollow hasn't responded to Slif in around a month now... if he doesn't soon I'm going to just go ahead and move him.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Kororia - That's A Weird And Long Name

"I sure am!" she said, using the hand she had extended for a handshake to grab and hold up her lunchbox proudly. "My Dad packed my lunch and everything!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Melody - Refectory

She was only half-listening to Sim. She hated to be rude, but she heard something in the Refectory... a certain almost musical sound that reminded her of...

Cuutuk!

It had been a while since she had seen him, not since he had rather suddenly left after a practice, yet still her soft smile greeted him all the way to her. "H-hey," she whispers as he gets within earshot. "This is S-Sim. H-he's... oh, he wants to join our F-Fellowship, and you can too! There's s-so much I have t-to tell you!"

IC: Canvas - Refectory

"Hey, back off guy," Canvas glared at the new arrival. "I was here first." She wasn't in any mood to be pushed around by those who weren't willing to wait in line. Then she turned back to Sliver. "Just give me four slops then, whatever you serve them in." In a quick glance back to her friends, she noticed a new face among them. At first, she was worried for Melody's sake, but as she saw her friend's faceplates part in a grin, she turned back to the counter with one of her own and added, "Make that five."

IC: Tube - Infirmary

"Oh yes!" Tube exclaimed, already slipping back toward the door. Palma would take care of the rest anyway.

IC Doubt

For a moment it seemed like he was going to faint. Then with a great effort he turned it into a mournful sigh. "I certainly hope so," He said. "Chances are I think you're going to enjoy yourself here. Only be careful; most people here are much less friendly than you might think."

"Anyway, shall I give you the grand tour?" He nearly threw up a little in his mouth at the use of the word Grand. "It's not much, but it's home for many of us."

IC: Kororia - Front Steps

She tilted her head at the being who had been looking close to a faint, and now seemed a little queasy.

"Are you sure?" she asked quizzically. "You seem sick. You can go lie down instead of you want. It was really nice of you to come welcome me, anyway! If you're not feeling up to walking around, that's okay."

IC: Paladin - Vs Glass

My entire body shuddered as the electrified javb hit me.

A burning smell began to fill my smell receptors.

I responded with a stab, my arms still feeling raw.

IC: Glass - Vs Paladin

Numbed as he was, Paladin's stab was easily deflected, his guard still open. Glass when in for a harder thrust this time, ensuring the staff stayed in contact for longer than before.

IC Doubt

"No no, this is customary," He said, wondering just how in the world whoever this was was going to survive a meal. "most Rahks get the grand tour of the place, and I guess it's better for someone to do it who isn't trying to... ruin your day."

Is this seriously happening? or did I actually faint? did Corpus Rahkshi just get this kind of a stereotype? and why am I asking myself all of these questions?

"Okay, thank you..." The Rahkshi hadn't given her their name. She missed a beat trying to think of what to say, and then brightened. "... very much!"

She hefted her things to rest more comfortably in her hands. "But if you need to sit down, that's okay too. If you're sick, walking around too much can make you more sick."

She smiled up at the queasy-looking Rahkshi, who seemed a little less queasy now. She wasn't sure what they meant by ruining her day. Bullies, maybe?

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC Doubt

He groaned under his breath. Somebody had to tell this kid. And better him than Palma.

"Listen, I... I've been trying to say this as nicely as possible, but that's not really fair to you at all. What I mean is some of the Rahkshi here wouldn't be sorry at all to kill you in a heartbeat, and you need to stay on your toes if you want to continue to exist." It felt like that one electricity Rahk was kicking him in the stomach again. "That being said, I'm sure there's a few Rahkshi who would be more than willing to defend you from whatever happens."

Is she going to start crying and run away? He nervously tapped his chain, awaiting a reaction.

IC: Xara - Requiem. 

Phantom-on-the-Water was... gone.

And had been for some time, by the looks of things. Unless the school had inherited a whole contingent of Shadow Kraata during my absence, there was no way the student body had been able to accomplish this on their own. A Makuta did this... probably the same ones we saw while we were on our way to Malebranche... 

It was a harrowing harbinger of just how much things might've changed in the time I'd been gone. 

"You know, I never thought I'd see this place again," I mused, cresting a rise to see the menacing silhouette of the Chirox Causeway leering out of the gloom of the growing twilight. And beyond it, the imposing spires of Corpus Rahkshi. 

An unenthused "meow," was the only response I received. 

"Thank you for those inspiring words of wisdom," I sighed, bending down to gather Sand back into my arms. She'd grown a lot in the past month, in size and in spirit. Who'd have thought my closest friend would wind up being a cat, of all things?

Actually, with the clarity of hindsight, that made a dismaying amount of sense. 

"Alright, Sand, let's go home." With that, I began the long walk across the Causeway, my trepidation and dread of what waited for me within the school growing with each uncertain step. Karz... 

Edited by Nato The Traveler
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Gaever / Forge

"The forge has been built here because this site possesses the required resources and isolation."

This was merely the simple, logical answer, though. It didn't touch on the damage Gaever had done to herself as she wrecked the Matoran village. It didn't touch on the catharsis she had been seeking in fleeing Corpus and returning here to build or rebuild something... a forge, or herself. Except, perhaps, through some stifled strain in her voice.

But... moving past that.

Why was Phantom here? Gaever had no idea. She could make guesses: perhaps some Makuta had thought it would be interesting to send an entirely unlearned Kraata to Corpus and see what happened to them, or perhaps Phantom was an amnesiac. But she could know nothing of her friend's origins definitively. "I am... not sure why you are here."

IC: Lucid / Helkyrie's Room

Lucid contemplated this for a moment. "I have no story for you," she said.

She took another sip of tea. "So, where do you get this?" she inquired.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: I wrote a post last night but apparently forgot to hit "post" so here we go

She thought this over, and then grinned. "You don't need to worry. I'm super tough! Mum and Dad both warned me about bullies before coming here."

She set her backpack and luggage down, scrabbled about in the backpack, and then removed an envelope before zipping up and replacing the bag on her back. "Can we go to rooms first? I have my room number, and if we go there first, I can put all my things in there!"

IC: Kororia - Following Close Behind

Despite having shorter legs and carrying bags, she had no trouble keeping up with her guide. She asked, "Do we get our own rooms, or do we share? I think it would be nice to have my own room, but sharing would be like a sleepover all the time, which is nice as well!"

IC Doubt

"Well, sharing also means security," He said as he trudged along. "although we haven't run out of rooms yet. I wonder when that day will arrive."

He approached the long expanses of rooms and had to bite his mandibles in order to not let out a long depressed sigh. "Here are the rooms. Now, you can probably figure out which one is yours, and I'll wait here until you're situated."

GM IC Rebellion

It had been over a week since the escaped Corpus Rahks had their first run in with the Hand of Spiriah. 

Or at least, since they'd encountered Fletch. They'd all gone searching in the fog after Cao had reported being fired upon. Xara hadn't come back, whether through getting lost or being killed, they didn't know. 

They were gathered now around a small fire. Despite searching, no other signs of the Hand had cropped up. It was as if they'd had a GM who'd suddenly  disappeared.

Kat, the de-facto leader of the group, was low in spirits. She sat away from the group, the warhammer she'd brought carelessly discarded beside her.

GM IC Illusive

While investigating the missing students, Illusive, upon finding his way to Malebranche, would hear rumors about some crazy Rahkshi who'd attacked a local smithy's estate.

Edited by Strider!

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

The tournament master considered Percy's plight for a moment: had he left the platform? Based on his original specification, it could probably go either way. Luckily for Percy, though, he was not content to see one of his duels - the semifinals! - conclude in such an unsatisfying, undignified manner. "Continue," he called to Percy and Exxan.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Shield - With the rebels

I had begun to doze off, resting my head on my arm.

I liked sleep.

It silenced Deceit, though, by extension it also silenced Valour.

I began to curl up on my log.

Deceit had attempted to take over my head about a week ago.

She tried to get me to kill Kat, who was my friend.

I stopped her, though at a cost of blacking out and the others nearly leaving me behind.

Sometimes I wondered if I belonged here.

But the thought of being cold, alone, and stuck with these.....people, inside my head, scared me.

I wanted Val-I mean Root, back, I wanted to go on those surreal adventures again, have someone other than that horrible to relate to.

...but then, I suppose, I have the rebels.

I closed my eyes, and began to doze off.

OOC: Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

IC: Snake - The Rebellion, Kaam

I awake with shuddering gasp, followed by a retinue of shuddering breaths. In the instant of me waking up I’d sat up reflexively, shivering and panting. Now I sat regaining my breath, angry at myself for probably waking Shield or one of the others sleeping near me. I rub my eyes in frustration and anguish, stopping after a few seconds with my hands over them, finding a sort of solace in the blackness. Ugh. This has happened quite a few times recently, so I can’t say I’m surprised. I let out a sigh, hopefully a quiet one.

Kathok

IC: Kororia - Rooms

She nodded and headed down the halls, looking for the number that matched the one she'd been given in the envelope. She found it, finally, and used the key she'd been given to unlock the door.

Inside, the room was very small. She had no idea how it would house a second Rahkshi in the case of roommates, so she supposed she was staying alone. She put her things on her bed, and looked around. It was small, but nice, like a hug. And it was a bit bigger to her due to being small herself. There seemed to be a lack of bedding, but she knew how to make blankets. She kept the backpack with her, though she emptied some of the bigger items from it so she could fit her lunchbox inside. She also made a very quick masterpiece to place on her door so she could see at a glance which room was hers, which she stuck to her door with tasteful stickers.

She ran back to her guide after locking her door. "I really like the room! It's really small and cuddly, like me!"

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"Looks like someone likes you," I mused, shifting back into a defensive stance. "Your move." 

________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xara - Chirox Causeway. 

Holding Sand close, I continued walking across the Causeway. 

________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Illusive - Airborne. 

I landed on a treetop, digging out the map Icarax had lent me (all of the ones in the school had rather suspiciously disappeared) to make sure I was going right way. I'd thought reaching Malebranche would be a simple matter of following the river, but I was quickly coming to discover that the river broke apart and branched off many times in the terrain between here and the capital. Without a map, following this route would've been far trickier. 

Satisfied that my course was still steady, I switched back into flight mode, and continued on my way.

IC: Sliver - Refectory. 

"Sorry brakas'," I snickered to the rahks before me, "Looks like you lazy slugs have to serve your own slop." With that, I vaulted over the bench, and headed for the infirmary, sparing an irritated glower for Grim as I passed him. 

IC: Vyper - Hallways. 

Having gotten my wounds seen to, I'd set off into Corpus' maze of corridors, searching for potential... opportunities. 

IC: Geuua - Dorm. 

Today had been a good day, overall. After finishing my repairs on Blazebreaker, I'd left the armoury to learn that Sugil had actually left the school, probably finding the existence of other intelligent rahkshi to be a serious detriment to his ingrained superiority complex. 

I doubted anyone would miss him.

I certainly wouldn't. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Phantom - The Forge

She sat there, contemplating. Her mind was slowly improving, and along with it, her vocabulary. It was as though her consciousness was catching up to some forgotten predecessor.

"Iso-lation." The word rolled around her mouth.

"It means... alone." She leaned back to look at Gaever, "Do you want to be alone?"

A trace of worry splayed across her face.

IC: Fate - Dorms

The door clicked behind me as I left the room that had held me for several hours. Upon my back I felt a greater weight, my carapace now being approximately one-point-thirty-seven times thicker than before. Enough to provide ample more protection without limiting my mobility. I'd have to adjust my legs and the recoil systems in them, but a test trial would do well enough. I had also borrowed a few unused spines from the deceased, fusing them to and smoothing out my own spines into a nearly solid piece running down my back, the fine edge interrupted thrice by notches in the metal. I'd moved any essential sensory apparatus in the spines to run alongside each side of the new "razor back" design, looking almost bristly. Again, a test run. If they proved less efficient than the classical design, I would remove them.

My attention was drawn to two figures standing at the end of the corridor. At first glance, they were uninteresting, but at second glance...

My feet moved me onward. Considering the reaction I had garnered last time I'd "gushed" about a suit's unique features, I kept my observation from relative distance, only slowing down to peer as inconspicuously as possible. Neither one was terribly unique in structure, though the short one almost certainly was a runt. In the end, I passed by without too much thought, instead choosing to continue my test walk.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Kororia - You Can't Escape Friendship That Easily

(Un)fortunately for the modified stranger, Kororia noticed them as they passed by. "Oh, hello! I'm Kororia! I just started today! What's your name?"

IC: Melody - Refectory

She led the small group toward a table and took a seat to tell her story. "I m-met C-Canvas a few d-days ago, and another R-Rahkshi. W-we started t-talking, and C-Canvas had the idea that we c-could form a group of p-people who want to stop f-fighting in the school. At first, it was just the three of us, b-but more people are joining all the time! We call it the Fellowship of Peace, and you could be a part of it if you'd like." 

She was smiling an infectious grin, looking to Cuutuk in eager anticipation.

IC: Tube - Gym

As if by magic, Tube had appeared at their Master's side once more, just in time to watch a competitor narrowly avoid defeat. Seemed like an interesting battle.

IC: Garrotte - Library

"Oh..." Garrotte replied tonelessly as she took it all in. So much knowledge contained in these shelves, it was almost palpable. What mysteries could they unfold if she simply...

Okay, she's done taking it in.

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

Fang's plasma vents glowed softly amid his midnight blue carapace, the only light back in the forest where the meager firelight didn't reach. The Hand had gotten away, and with them, the Rebellion's sense of purpose. They were falling apart... and honestly, Fang didn't care.

He did care for Kat though... the one thing in this Karz that kept tugging him along like...

No...

He glanced back down at his hands, the glowing remnants of a pebble he had found staining them. He rolled the molten stone around idly, keeping it warm in his hands. Every now and then he'd sneak a glance up at Kat, who was sitting on almost the opposite side of the group. His ember eyes burned into her for a moment, seeking consolation, purpose, and reassurance before flickering back into the dim of the forest.

IC: Kororia - Locked On To Friendship

"Yeah!" She grinned. "I like your spine. I've never seen a spine like that before!"

IC: Shield - With the Rebellion

I snapped awake.

A gasp had woken me up.

I looked to the side of me, and saw Snake was roused from his sleep.

Looks like you can't even trust your teammates to let you sleep, Buckler.

Shut up.

I sat up on my log, and looked around.

Kat was still upset.

I was afraid part of that was my fault, but I feared she was losing hope.

We all were, really.

I got up, and walked to Kat, sitting next to her.

Edited by Aussie Bane