Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Snake - The Rebellion, Kaam

"Yeah..." I reply to Shield uncertainly, looking over to Kat, who is by this point in the middle of an argument. None of our options seem good, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for Kat to try and take responsibility for all of us. I mean, I don't really mind not being in charge or anything like that, it's just it's probably not very healthy for her to have to constantly worry about us. Still, I can't really talk since I'm opting to stay away from the conversion at the moment, especially while it's so heated. Fang's voice, particularly, seems edged with malice when someone mentions his Makuta. Well, he's not unique in that, I suppose. Not many of us can say with conviction that we love our creators.

"What do you think we should do?" I ask fairly quietly, turning back to Shield.

Kathok

IC: Caoutchouc - Forest of Kaam

Surely, he had had enough introspection for several lifetimes. The looping cognitive functions of his brain had long since jammed up like so many rusty gears. He had X amount of data and had made as many conclusions as was possible from it. Going over things again was pointless. The others were rumbling about, he was still poking at the fire with a stick, arranging the charred logs and gracelessly sticking another chunk of deadwood into it's burning center.

Oh wait, the fire had been kicked out. Showed how observant he was being nowadays.

His gaze swept over to Shield, the snuffer of the fire, then back to the not-fire. Should he bother rekindling it? Probably not, seemed like a waste of time. Instead, he got to his feet, a little rusty feeling, he had been sitting for ages. He decided to watch the others conversing about the merits of begging for food from Krika vs stealing food from (likely bloodthristy and battle hardened) Skakdi. Truthfully, he didn't care either way. Both options seemed equally likely to produce bad over good outcomes. So he just stood, arms folded, following the conversation with his alert eyes.

...but close to it

IC: Shield - With the rebellion

"I'll...try and talk to her a bit more."

I began to walk a little faster.

The others were talking about raiding a Skakdi village.

I like that idea! Nothing like stealing from a bunch of spiny brutes, right Green?

N-no.

I said nothing, considering the idea silently.

"Yeah." I reply passively. I keep on feeling like I should add something to the conversation, but I'm honestly feeling more than a little depressed about the whole situation. I need something to occupy my mind: these last seven or eight days have all been the same, trudging boredom shot with moments of terror as we think we're being followed or watched or hunted. It wears you out, but more than that everything...blurs. I honestly can't tell if we've been here seven days or eight days, and that thought scares me a little. What if I'm losing my memory? What if I'm losing my edge?

I snap out of the thoughts before they take me over, noticing another of my compatriots opposite me. "Maybe we should ask Cao what he thinks?" I suggest to Shield. "He usually usually cuts to the point..." Although he's been weirdly quiet lately. He seems to have somehow changed...

I sidle over to him, glancing at him before speaking confidentially, the others' argument droning on in the background. "What d'ya think we should do?" I ask plainly enough.

Kathok

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

"It might be possible to arrange to work for food, rather than stealing it," Jayar offered. "Era should be able to communicate with any villagers, most species speak Matoran. We could try to arrange to do some odd jobs for them in exchange for food. It's probably not the most amazing plan, but it seems less likely to go terribly wrong than visiting the Makuta."

He pretty much had to agree with Fang on that one, approaching Krika was a horrible idea. The Makuta was inherently a supporter of Corpus Rahkshi; if they showed up at his door, the only outcome was him sending them back.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Era - Forest of Kaam. 

"Are you guys serious?" I asked, becoming increasingly concerned by the decision-making going on around me, "There's a group of insane, dangerous rahkshi roaming this forest who are actively murdering skakdi, and you think we should look for the nearest village of skakdi - who are also insane and dangerous? Wouldn't it be safer if we went looking for a Matoran village?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

Fang blinked hard. Just like that, the plan drifted another direction. It was like they listened to his opinion... like he was... a leader again.

But then the moment was gone, and the others continued on without him. He was only half-listening until Kat spoke up, and he took the opportunity to speak up. "Kat... we're on the Northern Continent. Not Zakaz."

For the first time, he noticed how she was struggling to stay on her feet, how drained she looked after the last few days. "Are you feeling alright?"

• Upvote 2

IC Kat:

She turned and stared blankly for a moment, her brain processing what he'd said.

"Not.... Right. Not on Zakaz."

She frowned, before continuing.

"I'm. I'm not feeling alright. I'm very tired and hungry. Can't sleep. Gotta keep everyone safe."

She'd evidentally focused on Fang, as she seemed to have disregarded everyone else's presence entirely.

"Not sure if I can do it.... Lost Exxan.... Now Xara...."

"Can't lose anymore...." She finished numbly.

IC: Phantom - The Forge --> Ruins on the Water

The amnesiac beamed in response. Gaever was proving herself to be much kinder than she may believe herself to be, at least in Phantom's mind. She had certainly noticed the fleeting moments of despair in her eyes, though she didn't quite have the word to describe it yet.

Without really responding, still smiling from corner to corner, she jumped backwards off of the roof, landing on both feet with a solid 'thud'. Never any qualms with heights, this girl.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Xara - Hallways. 

Once we'd reached the school proper, I put Sand down, letting her pad along beside me as I made my way into the school. First stop, my dorm. Unless the staff had cleared out my things and let someone else move in (unlikely, given the abundance of spare rooms), everything would be just as I'd left it. 

Only time would tell if the same could be said of the rest of the school. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He frowned, unsure of what he could do to help. The losses the Rebellion had sustained were weighing on her... maybe even more than Omega had.

After a moment of consideration, Fang stepped forward, shaking the plasma from his hands before stretching them out... and giving Kat an awkward pat on the shoulder. "Er... why don't you get some rest. I'll keep watch."

IC: Tear - Hallways

Tear's head ticked to the side in confusion. "C-concert?"

IC: Paladin - Vs Glass

Before the electrified staff hit me, I had my shield out, and I parried the stab, electricity flowing through the shield and making my arms burn.

I gritted my teeth from behind my helmet, and went for a strong diagonal slash for Glass's face.

IC: Glass

Glass shifted back, dodging the strike a little too slow with the sword deflected off his faceplate.

Glass hopped left, aiming to attack from the side of Paladin's guard and keeping his distance, Glass stabbed forward again.

IC Kat:

She nodded, letting the hammer fall to the ground once more.

"Get food..." She murmured, as she sat against a tree and promptly passed out.

It was the first real sleep she'd had since they'd been dropped here.

IC Percy:

Off the edge he went once more, but a quick jaunt in flight mode rectified that.

All that said, however, Percy was out of ideas. Exxan could keep blowing him off the platform, but he could just keep flying back, too.

Stalemate.

At least for now.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

I considered my options. I still had a few of my daggers, but thrown weapons were of little use against a dodge rahk. Likewise, while I could retrieve my other weapons from the moat, my opponent knew what to expect from them, thus narrowing any opportunity for advantage they might provide.

Similarly, he knew my powers (although perhaps not my level), making it difficult for me to gain an edge that way. Put simply, I was finding myself on the receiving end of a harsh lesson I'd inflicted on many a rahk in my early days at the school - Power isn't everything.

Still, I wasn't one to simply give up. Not like this. Not after everything I'd been through. 

I started to circle, edging slightly closer to the arena edge as I considered my options. For now, the only real course of action I could see was to simply wait. Wait for my for to make the next move, and hope they provided me an opportunity to finish them off. 

IC: Xara - Dorm.

I wasn't sure what I'd been expecting when I opened up my dorm again, for the first time in... Karz, how long has it been? Weeks? Months? However long it had been, my dorm had changed very little. It was a little dustier, the cramped space filled with hot, stale air, but aside from that, everything was as I'd left it. 

Not that I'd left much behind, of course. A few books I hadn't bothered bringing back to the library, a few broken weapons I'd kept as souvenirs, and... not much else. Aside from Sand, and Glass, of course, there was little room left in my life for sentiment. 

Kicking the door shut, I slumped down onto the bed, Sand crawling up beside me.

Oh, Xara, what have you done to yourself?

He watched Kat with a concerned frown until she dropped off, then turned back to the others. "Shield, Snake, you two are rested. Why don't you look around for anything you can forage. The rest of you... get some sleep."

IC: Tear - Hallways

She nodded fervently. "I'll be there!" she grinned.

IC: Shield - With the rebellion

Slightly concerned with Kat, I still nodded and followed behind Snake, occasionally looking back to check on her.

My sword thrusted forwards, towards Glass' shoulder, followed by a slightly less graceful bash to the face with my shield.

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Gaever / Forge

Gaever moved off the roof somewhat less enthusiastically, moving with Phantom toward the village ruins once more.

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

The condition of his companions was increasingly worrying. Something had to happen...

"I'm relatively rested as well. I'll go too," he told the group, moving after Shield and Snake.

Where were they finding food? That was a good question. "It's been mostly plants. There are some edible fruits and berries around, and we've been able to make some use of roots..." He realized, with an inherited pang, how helpful Root himself would have been now... But they had to move on. "Rahi have been hard to find and catch but it would be good if we could."

He paused. "I think we need to do more than just scrape by on foraging though, that hasn't been going great... We should try to scout for a village as well. From the air we might be able to discern telltale smoke, and lights if we're up while it's dark."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

My sword thrusted forwards, towards Glass' shoulder, followed by a slightly less graceful bash to the face with my shield.

Given the distance between the two, Glass was able to dodge the thrust, but the shield attack caught him by surprise. He raised the staff to block, pouring his energy into the weapon, pressing hard against the shield, hoping to cause the other Rahk's muscles to lock up and trap him in this position.

IC: Shield - With Jayar and Snake

"I think Fruit and berries are our best bet right now." I said, slightly behind the two.

Valour, can you help to identify any fruits if we come across them?

O-of c-c-course.

Boring...why don't you go chase some rahis to eat instead, Buckler?

If we see any, maybe. But fruit seems to be more reliable to find in a forest.

The electricity flowed like a river through my shield, causing me to exclaim in agony, as the tesla burned my arms and numbed them.

I moved my shield to the right, attempting to knock the staff away.

Edited by Aussie Bane

"Yeah, I'm not sure that we should stray too far from the others..." I say slowly, thinking back to Xara. I'm probably fine with fruit for the moment, although I'm not sure how many days in a row I can eat those annoying red berries we seem to find round here. "I mean we could just scout a short distance, I suppose."

It occurs to me that all three of us are here now. I wonder how Jayar is feeling about this situation, but I don't think that now is the best time to ask.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Kororia - Concerned

She noticed her guide's discomfort, and turned back to Fate and her other new friend, looking worried. "Do you guys know where the doctor is? My friend's been showing me around and he is very sick!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

The electricity flowed like a river through my shield, causing me to exclaim in agony, as the tesla burned my arms and numbed them.

I moved my shield to the right, attempting to knock the staff away.

Glass let go of his right hand, and threw as hard a punch as he could towards Paladin's now exposed face.